Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. It is most often compared to Zscaler Private Access: Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks vs Zscaler Private Access

What is Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks?

Prisma Access provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need – and delivers it everywhere you need it.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is also known as Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access, Prisma Access, GlobalProtect, Palo Alto GlobalProtect Mobile Security Manager.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide

Download the Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Customers

Concord Hospital, State of Colorado, Essilor International, RheinLand Versicherungsgruppe, University of Westminster, Universidade Nove de Julho, SPAR Austria, CAME Group, ZipRealty, Greenhill & Co., IKT Agder, Aviva Stadium, Animal Logic, Management & Training Corporation, Brigham Young University Hawaii, School District of Chilliwack

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks pricing:
  • "The price has been good for the ROI during these difficult times for the cruise industry. There are no hidden costs; what the product offers is what you get."
  • "The solution requires a license and the technical support has extra costs. The licensing model could improve."
  • "Prisma Access is a little bit expensive."
  • "This is not an expensive product and everything is included with one license."

Theofilos Tzachristas
Sr, Network Engineer at a leisure / travel company with 201-500 employees
Single pane of glass for security and network management - Reduces operational complexity and administrative overhead

What is our primary use case?

We are a small team of ITOps Engineers. With Prisma, we can manage all our Edge Network Infrastructure (Mobile Users, Remote Networks, and Data Centers) in one location. We also decommissioned our legacy MPLS connections and moved to VPN. If we need to expand to more offices, different countries, and different regions, it would be much simpler to do it with Prisma Access because the only things required are an internet connection and a pair of firewalls.

• "It's much faster and more secure than legacy solutions. It is also quite stable and scalable as well. We are able to see all the traffic in one place."
  • "It would be nice to manage Prisma Access through the cloud instead of through Panorama. You can use the cloud version to monitor Prisma Access, but it doesn't have all the features yet, and it's not 100% done."

What other advice do I have?

In my experience, Prisma Access is a great platform. However, since SASE is a new fairly new concept, it was a bit confusing to understand all the different components and how all of them work together. On top of that if you are not very familiar with Palo Alto firewalls and especially Palo Alto Panorama, additional training would be recommended. Of course the same concepts of a NGFW from any other vendor are applied. Once you grasp how Prisma Access works, then it's really a piece of cake to set everything up. For example, we are a small team of three people, and I'm the senior network…
Naresh Pratap
Senior Network Security Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good VPN access with great security and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

One of the main advantages we have found of Prisma Access is that it has gateways across multiple continents. Due to that, many users can connect from different parts of the world will be able to access everything very fast. Also, internet access through VPN has become much simpler in getting the traffic to our on-prem data center.

• "The scalability of the solution is excellent."
  • "There is some particular traffic that the security team wants to filter out and apply their own policies and they cannot."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We are using a SaaS version of the solution. I will definitely recommend implementing this product as it has a very good scalable solution. Considering this work from home scenario in COVID, it is one of the best solutions one can implement. However, my advice would be to make sure you have enough internet bandwidth while implementing and also make sure there is site-level redundancy at your end. If you are a client then you won't implement it. Make sure there are two separate IP set terminals published from the client to your end. That way, if something…
Learn what your peers think about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gregory Anderson
Endpoint Security Manager at Catholic Health Initiatives
Stable with good posture checking and relatively easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile users and mainly mobile laptops. In some cases, we use the solution for cloud tenant portals in Azure. We use it to connect those back into the network.

• "It's great that we can make sure a machine meets the minimum requirements before users are allowed to log in."
  • "The solution needs to be more compatible with other solutions. This is specifically a problem for us when it comes to healthcare applications. They have proprietary connection types and things of that nature that make compatibility a challenge sometimes."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I'd advise others that the solution is largely based on the complexity of your environment. It's not that deployment's difficult. It's just that you want to put it where it's most efficient. You've got to take the time to figure out where your users are and how they connect and where they're connecting from. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
PRAPHULLA DESHPANDE
Sr. Security Analyst at Atos
MSP
Plenty of features, secure, and simple installation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to secure and monitor our traffic to the cloud. We are able to route traffic where we need it to go and It provides us with secure direct connectivity to our cloud application console.

• "There are plenty of features this solution provides and the most valuable would be the complete security protection we are receiving. We are provided with similar security that the Palo Alto AWS solution has. This includes features such as a firewall and machine learning AI."
  • "There can be some latency issues with the solution that should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I have learned that moving operations to the cloud is a good thing. I rate Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks a nine out of ten.
EW
Head of Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It provides secure access for cloud data centers or cloud platforms and is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely access cloud data centers or cloud platforms. If a customer has a lot of workload in the cloud, then from the Prisma Access cloud, they can create secure access to all cloud platforms.

• "The users can securely access any cloud data centers or cloud platforms. In terms of the features, it has all the features that Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewall has. It is also very stable and scalable."
  • "When it comes to the VPN, it uses the global protect VPN functionality to connect remotely, but it has a feature limitation for assigning multiple IP sub-links to different user groups. It would be much better if we are able to assign the current IP blocks for the sub-links based on the user groups."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Prisma Access a nine out of ten.
AA
Senior Security Architecture Specialist at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Stable and easy to scale, but it needs better integration with MDM

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Prisma Access is one of the security products that we implement for our clients. We handle all products, from high-level to low-level, and we propose an end-to-end solution for each customer. I am a pre-sales architect and engineer. Prisma Access is the name of the GlobalProtect Cloud Service. Normally, it is sold to users who want to use a VPN agent.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to join your network and provide access through the VPN."
  • "Better integration with the MDM solution would be useful."

What other advice do I have?

We have to pitch it to smaller customers. When it comes to medium-sized organizations, they are almost dedicated to a VPN solution. This is a good solution and I can recommend it, although it would be improved with better MDM integration. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
PS
General Manager - CyberSecurity Practice at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Remote access using a zero-trust platform with easy cloud deployment

What is our primary use case?

We are a services organization at the diagnostic stage. We generally see what matches the customer's requirements. The primary use case of this solution mostly serves as remote access to the applications, and the secure access of applications both for the cloud and for their private data centers. They are mainly using the zero-trust platform, which is very commonly used right now.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the zero-trust part of this solution. This solution addresses most of our requirements.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an increase in third-party integration, in terms of identity and access management, or strong authentication.

I have been working with this…
Download our free Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.