Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Overview

Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks is the #3 ranked solution in our list of CASB solutions. It is most often compared to Zscaler Internet Access: Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks vs Zscaler Internet Access

What is Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks?

Since software as a service is so easy, use of SaaS applications is exploding. Because of that simplicity, though, the security risks of SaaS are also on the rise. Unsanctioned SaaS apps can expose sensitive data and propagate malware, and even sanctioned SaaS adoption can increase the risk of data exposure, breaches and noncompliance. By offering advanced data protection and consistency across applications, Prisma SaaS reins in the risks. It addresses your cloud access security broker needs and provides advanced capabilities in risk discovery, data loss prevention, compliance assurance, data governance, user behavior monitoring and advanced threat prevention. Now you can maintain compliance while preventing data leaks and business disruption through a fully cloud-delivered CASB deployment.

Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks is also known as Palo Alto Networks Prisma SaaS, Prisma SaaS, Palo Alto Networks Aperture, Aperture.

Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide

Download the Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Customers

University of Arkansas

Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks pricing:
  • "The pricing for this solution is on the higher end."
  • "Prisma SaaS is more expensive than similar solutions but I think it's worth it."
  • "Actually the solution is very expensive. I don't know the particulars since the purchasing team dealt with it."
  • "Compared to other products, the price is slightly high."
  • "The licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis and for what we get, the price is good."

JJ
DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Useful predefined rules, multiple integrations, descriptive alerts, and great stability

What is our primary use case?

We are basically using it for cloud governance. We have AWS as our public cloud service, and we have multiple cloud accounts that we manage. We're using Prisma SaaS for the cloud governance of these accounts.

• "It has predefined or preconfigured rules, which are getting periodically updated. They are providing continuous improvements and periodically updating all search queries that they are looking for. That is one thing that helps us to stay vigilant and focused. If we query our AWS account for any breaches or vulnerabilities with any of the cloud tests, and it alerts us based on these predefined rules. It also provides an option to configure our own rules, and based on these rules, it can query the cloud trail logs, pull the information, and trigger alerts in real-time. I haven't explored this feature much because there are multiple accounts, and we don't have enough time to explore this feature. It also provides multiple integrations. When vulnerabilities or breaches are happening, you should be aware of them immediately. It provides integration with tools such as Slack, PagerDuty so that you can get alerted as soon as the high severity stuff comes up. For example, you have a security group that has allowed public traffic on port 22. As TechOps, you should be aware of this immediately. You cannot scan each machine or look into all security groups to identify it. So, Prisma helps us and alerts us when this kind of high-priority stuff comes up. It has different statistics, analytics, and graphs for data. The description of alerts is also pretty good. They describe what are the possible causes for this and what are the solutions. From Prisma Cloud, you can directly go to the AWS account. When you click on an alert, a resource, or a resource ID, it takes you to the AWS console where you need to log in. If you are already logged in, it will take you to that instance directly, and you can fix the issue there. I have found this feature very useful."
  • "We are using the SaaS offering. We use our applications for microservices. We use Twistlock to scan containers, and it displays these results in Prisma, which is a good feature because we can see vulnerabilities with respect to these containers. We can see everything in a very detailed manner. However, when you have different environments for a single application, such as DEV, QA, PROD, and TEST, all these environments run multiple containers, which can lead to a very high number of containers. In such a scenario, it shows you the alerts for all those containers that have vulnerabilities. If you show the results of all the containers that share the same image, it is not going to add any value. Therefore, they should narrow down the alerts based on a container. It should show information for a single container. Otherwise, the person who is looking at the results gets the impression that he has to fix all these issues. This is something that they can improve."

What other advice do I have?

I have positive feedback about this product. We are happy with this product and the features it offers for the price. I would rate Prisma SaaS an eight out of ten.
Architect - Cloud Serviced at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Protects cloud data at rest and sends valuable notifications in a timely manner

What is our primary use case?

This is a CASB product that we use to protect data that is in the cloud. We work with our client to protect them from unknown threats, as well as known threats such as the inadvertent sharing of files. An example of this is the uploading of a file by an admin that contains sensitive data that was not intended to be shared with anyone who is external to the organization, such as a Gmail address. This solution offers protection from these kinds of problems.

• "This solution provides a DLP on the cloud and very few people have a scanning device for data at rest."
  • "I would like to see support for custom applications."

What other advice do I have?

This is a fairly good product if you are looking for something to protect data at rest. There are alternatives, like Oracle and McAfee, that also provide similar solutions, but you should do a POC with them first. In fact, you should always start with a POC because everyone has different needs. If you take the training that is available then you will be able to handle the maintenance yourself. There can be challenges when there are compliance issues, like somebody putting a file into quarantine. It will have to be taken out manually, and if the user is untrained then they will require…
Learn what your peers think about Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lead Security Engineer at ESKA
A top-choice solution for flexibility and security

What is our primary use case?

I am an integrator. Prisma SaaS is the most preferred solution among our customers — my customers really like it. Currently, I have three customers that are using this solution. Many of my customers work in the financial sector. Prisma SaaS is a top-choice solution for customers who are looking for more flexibility and secure edge points. Prisma Saas has taken big steps to please its customers. It's a cloud-based solution and cloud security is at the edge of the market. The Coronavirus and the pandemic pushed the market to the cloud.

• "Prisma SaaS is very easy to use; it's common sense — it's the best-in-class."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend Prisma SaaS to others. Speaking as an ambassador for Palo Alto and Prisma access, it's the best solution on the market. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Prisma SaaS a rating of ten. The price is my only concern, otherwise, Palo Alto is the best. Still, every year, Palo Alto lowers the price of its solutions.
    JM
    Senior Director at a logistics company with 501-1,000 employees
    Hands-off security that we don't have to maintain

What is our primary use case?

The company I work for mainly uses Palo Alto Networks Prisma SaaS to secure our network.

• "Its hands-off security and the fact that we don't have to maintain it are the most valuable features."
    • "They automatically update and they should give us time to fully understand what they're updating so that we can make sure it doesn't impact production."

What other advice do I have?

They're unique in that they're watching our network. They're just constantly updating and patching, watching for potential threats. As long as they keep on doing that but allow us time to understand what they're updating before they do it, it would help out. You get what you pay for. They're the best in class. I would rate it a nine out of ten.
    Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Good ability to quarantine and clean a malware file; lacks a hybrid model

What is our primary use case?

This solution helps us with visibility of the data stored in the cloud and it even scans our files. If a user is trying to upload any kind of malware file or a script, Prisma SaaS scans those files and helps us identify anything malicious. If it finds something, it directly cleans the file. We are partners with Prisma SaaS.

• "To quarantine and clean a malware file provides a lot of security."
    • "Lacks a hybrid model which has API plus in-line security."

What other advice do I have?

If a company is looking for an API-based technology to control their SaaS data uses and user access, then Prisma SaaS is a good product but if they're looking for a complete CASB solution, then this is not suitable. The solution provides a lot of security but when you look at it in terms of the high cost for licensing, then it is not cost effective to spend that amount just to protect the data stored by the user. I rate this solution a six out of 10.
    Network Engineer at Acliv Technologies Pvt Ltd
    Enables us to easily monitor everything coming over the network and work accordingly

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure the network. We block unwanted traffic.

• "Monitoring is the most valuable feature because we can easily monitor all kinds of stuff coming over the network. We can check the dashboard and work accordingly."
    • "One thing that would help is if we could get a guide. With Cisco, for example, you can just type the problem regarding your Cisco product and you will easily get your solution. In Palo Alto, however, it's not easy to find the solutions."

What other advice do I have?

Ultimately, Palo Alto is a very advanced firewall. The firewall uses activation awareness. This firewall can easily identify what applications are running behind the network. This is a good solution to use. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.
    GA
    Consultant at Trillennium (Pvt) Ltd
    Reseller
    Good performance and technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we work with our customers to provide them with cloud-based solutions. One of the categories we provide is in the security-related space, and Prisma SaaS is one that we are promoting. One of the primary use cases is to create a more secure tunnel between home and office, allowing people to more securely work remotely from home.

• "The performance is good."
    • "The price can be reduced to make it more competitive."

What other advice do I have?

This is the best product that I have looked at, out of all of the competitors. We are still testing it, but from what I have seen, it is really good compared to the others. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
    PG
    Senior Executive at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    User-friendly, straightforward to set up with good integration, and the remediation process is easy

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have implemented Prism Cloud for a couple of clients. Our clients use this product for their container security.

• "The remediation process is easy compared to other platforms."
    • "My clients would like to see a more feature-rich product."

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is looking for a contained-based solution, I definitely recommend this product. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
    See 1 more Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Reviews
    Download our free Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.