ProcessRobot by Softomotive OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ProcessRobot by Softomotive is #15 ranked solution in best RPA tools. IT Central Station users give ProcessRobot by Softomotive an average rating of 8 out of 10. ProcessRobot by Softomotive is most commonly compared to WinAutomation by Softomotive:ProcessRobot by Softomotive vs WinAutomation by Softomotive. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is ProcessRobot by Softomotive?

ProcessRobot is a leading enterprise RPA platform, including enterprise-grade security and controls, with links to best-of-breed AI technologies.

ProcessRobot empowers enterprises to dramatically reduce operational costs, increase efficiency, improve productivity and accelerate performance.

Automate routine operations across your entire organization and unleash your potential. Organize structured workflows and enjoy better data quality eliminating human error and focusing on higher priority, value-added initiatives. Say goodbye to costly implementations and do more things in less time.

Request a live demo

About Softomotive

Softomotive is one of the leading worldwide providers of Robotic Process Automation solutions, trusted by more than 8,000 companies worldwide.

Softomotive provides the smoothest RPA journey by allowing you to start small, learn quickly and scale seamlessly. This helps to reduce overall project risk and avoids high up-front costs which can make achieving a positive ROI that much harder.

Softomotive recognises that when it comes to automation one size does not fit all. We are the only provider of process automation technology to offer a portfolio of solutions designed to meet the diverse needs of individuals, small teams, growth companies, and large enterprises. Both attended and unattended process automation solutions, which share the same underlying automation engine for a seamless transition, are delivered through powerful, robust RPA technology. These range from a standalone desktop solution to a server-based, distributed Enterprise RPA platform, both of which are quick to deploy and provide the best value for money

ProcessRobot by Softomotive was previously known as Softomotive ProcessRobot, ProcessRobot.

Download the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Customers

Xerox, IBM, Diageo, PWC, JP Morgan, Coloplast, Reventics

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ProcessRobot by Softomotive pricing:
  • "There is flexibility in pricing."
  • "This is a cost-effective product and now that it has been acquired by Microsoft, we don't expect the cost to increase with the next release."
  • "Licensing is on an annual basis."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."
  • "The pricing of this solution is very good and for me, it's the best option there is."

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Reviews

Process and Performance Improvement Consultant at a consultancy with self employed
Process automation that is easy to use and the pricing is flexible

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the cost and ease of use, it's very simple."
  • "They need to come up with a little more on AI and precision discovery path to be able to record the processes."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for process automation.

How has it helped my organization?

With regards to the process on the server-side, you are giving the client the opportunity to run from a very small deployment and to take it from one office location to another, and globally.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the cost and ease of use, it's very simple.

They have many, easy-to-use features.

What needs improvement?

When this solution is sold to the clients there is no automated process in place as many other RPA products have. I have to fully understand the product so that I can go over the processes with the client and all staff they may have.

It would be good to record all of the processes and automate them.

The Kryon product has that option, where when you are doing something automatically it can record it on an AI interface. If they could have that feature included, it would benefit the client.

I have been working with this solution for nine months.

This solution is scalable. It allows you to expand not only from one geography, but across as well.

I have not contacted technical support. I am not a part of the technical support, but an advisor. I have been asked to go in for implementation analyzing.

The deployment depends on the requirements of the client. For most of our clients, I recommend it in two processes.

A smaller process with approximately 50 users using it would take one and a half months to develop, depending on availability and time.

There is flexibility in pricing.

I studied five to eight different tools and narrowed it down to the two or three tools that I felt would suit our client's needs.

Some of the other products that were included in my narrowed down studies were Kofax, Automation Anywhere, and UiPath.

There is a very different approach when it comes to Kofax, and I wouldn't recommend UiPath because there is a lot of coding in terms of implementation. UiPath was one of the first ones to have the market and has now lost market share because there are too many available that are smaller, such as Kryon and Kofax.

One other solution that I am studying is NICE. I am trying to get a better understanding of it as an option for my clients.

What other advice do I have?

I am a consultant who advises his clients about the solutions that are best for them. I make recommendations based on their requirements.

Clients have two options, one is the desktop solution and the other is an enterprise version.

For smaller clients what I recommend is to start with the desktop version. I ask them to try it out and if they think that it works in their organization and it's helping, they will get better ROI after proving it to them in the trial POC that I conduct. I have them try it out for six months to a year and then suggest they move to the enterprise version.

My philosophy is value addition. I have seen that with most of the products that we have purchased, we may use only 40% to 50% of the features. I want to change that and cause a disruption in the consulting industry. What I want to do is recommend products to my clients where I see value addition and minimum utilization of features and functionality of the product to 80%.

It's a very different approach and very difficult for clients to understand at first. I am using the years of experience that I have and doing what is in the best interest of the client.

My advice would be not to go directly to process robot. Instead, try the desktop version with smaller processes, small implementation, and get comfortable with it first.

Start off small then go big. Going big is a huge investment if you are not sure.

Do it one step at a time. Get a few processes, try it out, develop the methodology of implementation, and make it a small mini project or a work in progress then decide. If you are in a hurry and you take a big bang approach without doing it systematically, however good the product is, it could be disastrous.

At the end of the day, this is going to cost you, not only in terms of dollars but in terms of time invested. You will be running with your production environment and existing systems, and there is going to be a lot of effort required to do this, so you have to be convinced that this works for you. Do a POC from three different vendors.

In terms of cost, ease of use, and comfort, I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

SR
Operations Leader - Global Automation at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Cost-effective, good support, and the interface is user-friendly

• "The interface is user-friendly."
  • "We are looking to see more features implemented there are already available in UiPath or Automation Anywhere."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and one of the services that we perform is to build automations for our clients. Softomotive is a product that we use to automate multiple processes for use by our customers on their data, based on their needs.

What is most valuable?

The interface is user-friendly.

This product is cost-effective, which is the main reason we are using it.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to see more features implemented there are already available in UiPath or Automation Anywhere. This is one of the main drawbacks.

We have been using Softomotive for between three and four years.

It is stable, and we don't have any issues with this particular product as of today. We plan to continue using it in the future.

We have more than 600 customers who use this product.

We get very good support from Softomotive.

We have used Softomotive for the past four to five years, although in the interim we tested Blue Prism. The cost of that product is too high.

The installation is straightforward and we haven't seen any complexity. It will take 15 minutes, maximum, to deploy.

This is a product that I can easily deploy on my own. We have less than 15 people on-site who are responsible for deployment and maintenance.

This is a cost-effective product and now that it has been acquired by Microsoft, we don't expect the cost to increase with the next release.

What other advice do I have?

Considering the kind of experience that we have had with Softomotive, we would always recommend this product.

Since this product was acquired by Microsoft, naturally the expectation has gone up. We are not expecting too much of an architectural change, but rather, a few of the small features should be added. The reason is that you like to stay competitive in terms of cost. We have already deployed it to more than 600 customers and if we are going to charge them more, then they'll be inclined to use another product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, UiPath, Automation Anywhere and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NikhilMadhu
Software Engineer at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Easy to automate processes with a short development time, but better Excel automation is needed

• "The development time for ProcessRobot is very good compared to other solutions."
  • "Better support is needed for building custom components on top of ProcessRobot."

What is our primary use case?

We are implementation service providers and this is one of the products that we provide to our clients.

There are several use cases for this solution including automating tender processes, compliance-related processes, and in finance, we have automated some invoicing processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of automation.

The development time for ProcessRobot is very good compared to other solutions.

What needs improvement?

There are some limitations when it comes to automation with Excel.

Better support is needed for building custom components on top of ProcessRobot.

We have been working with ProcessRobot for about one year.

The stability is okay. We haven't had any major issues, although there have been some hiccups here and there.

The scalability is good.

We have clients of all sizes, although ProcessRobot is best suited for small and medium-sized business, and not for enterprise-level customers.

Technical support for ProcessRobot is good.

We are working with UiPath and Blue Prism as well. We began with ProcessRobot at the end of last year, but the other two solutions we started with about two years back.

Generally, the development time is less when compared to UiPath and Blue Prism, although Excel automation is better in those solutions.

We have also worked with Automation Anywhere.

ProcessRobot does not support custom components, which is really bad because all of the other solutions do.

The initial setup is easy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that this solution is good for small and medium-sized businesses that want to automate processes that do not require much coding. If there is a requirement for building custom components or custom modules then I do not recommend this solution. For an enterprise-level client, this capability needs to be there.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Biswajit Mohanty
Senior Manager - RPA & Transition at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Useful for low and medium complexity work and easy to learn and use, but needs better stability, support, and integration with third-party tools

• "It is very easy to learn and use. It is quite useful for any sort of back-office work. Any kind of work with low and medium complexity is very doable in ProcessRobot. For higher complexity, some refinement is required, but it is doable."
  • "It should be more stable, and their technical support should be faster. It should also have more integration with tools from other vendors, such as SAP and Oracle, and technology partners, such as Salesforce."

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to learn and use. It is quite useful for any sort of back-office work. Any kind of work with low and medium complexity is very doable in ProcessRobot. For higher complexity, some refinement is required, but it is doable.

What needs improvement?

It should be more stable, and their technical support should be faster.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is not very stable. They're working on the refinements. I would rate it a six or seven in terms of stability.

It is scalable but not to an optimum level. It is more scalable than WinAutomation, but it is not as scalable as UiPath or Automation Anywhere where you can scale to 50 bots at a time.

We have 20 to 30 users of this solution. In terms of increasing its usage, it depends on the customers. Customers who already have this solution will keep using it.

Their technical support should be faster.

We also use WinAutomation. ProcessRobot is any day better than WinAutomation. It is newer and has more capabilities than WinAutomation. ProcessRobot is also better than WinAutomation in terms of scalability.

Its initial setup is easy.

Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for small to medium deployments but not for very large-scale deployments.

I would rate ProcessRobot a seven out of ten.

Bharath Sodinapalle
Module Lead at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Effective scheduling, reasonably priced, and good technical support

• "I have found the scheduling and email notifications features to very good compared to other RPA tools I have used."
  • "In an upcoming release, the exception handling mechanism could improve. The issue that we are facing is whenever there is a failure in any of the middle execution and if you wanted to navigate it to the end of the last line of execution, we do not have this feature available. If we had this feature it would make it even more stable."

What is our primary use case?

I am new to RPA systems and I have recently received access to Azure where I am testing out the ProcessRobot solution.

What is most valuable?

I have found the scheduling and email notifications features to very good compared to other RPA tools I have used.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, the exception handling mechanism could improve. The issue that we are facing is whenever there is a failure in any of the middle execution and if you wanted to navigate it to the end of the last line of execution, we do not have this feature available. If we had this feature it would make it even more stable.

I have been using this solution for approximately one and a half years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

We have three people working with this solution in my organization.

The technical support has been good.

I have used previously Winautomation. When comparing the two solutions both are equally good.

The initial setup was in the middle range of difficulty.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others that want to implement this solution is that it has very good features and I have not had any issues.

I rate ProcessRobot by Softomotive an eight out of ten.

JT
President & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Priced well and has impressive capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and ProcessRobot by Softomotive is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

This product is the best in terms of price and capabilities.

What needs improvement?

This solution should be more resilient, with robots more capable of recovering after an error. I would like to see more native Microsoft integrations with cognitive solutions.

ProcessRobot by Softomotive

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

On-pre…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This product is the best in terms of price and capabilities.

What needs improvement?

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.