Prophix Overview

What is Prophix?

Prophix Software is a leading developer of solutions designed to automate financial processes including budgeting, planning, reporting, analysis, and performance management for the mid-market. Thousands of finance leaders around the world use Prophix to empower their organization and gain greater insight into business performance. Prophix and its partners deliver the best value by combining high end functionality, low total cost of ownership, and the fastest implementations in its class.

Download the Business Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Prophix Customers

Solarcentury, Swan Mill Paper Company, Interstates Companies, First Medical Health Plan, Community Physician Network, AAA Southern New England

Prophix Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Managing Director at a tech services company
Easy to use and cloud-ready, helps me manage my business

What other advice do I have?

Prepare your data sources well for importing to models in Prophix.
Manager - Commercial Credit at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to budget on individual levels, i.e. by person for payroll, by vehicle for transportation, etc., but we had a lot of deployment problems.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you force them to do a very deep dive into your company’s needs first and plan accordingly.
Find out what your peers are saying about PROPHIX, Adaptive Insights, Oracle and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consulting Manager of Corporate Finance and Strateg at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
The ability to leave off table-of-contents links to report downloads would be nice, but Prophix has always been the bar I’ve compared other solutions to.
Senior Financial Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It was a straightforward setup, with the exception of the template design for financial reporting.

What other advice do I have?

Integration with the transaction detail from other sources will be up to the expertise and effort of the customer. Processing speed may be understandably slow with the online manipulation of millions of dimensional member combinations.
Finance Manager with 501-1,000 employees
The biggest pro of the software is that users can do the setup after one week of training but there were problems in a certain version with the speed.
Chief Financial Officer at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Report writing has some stability issues, but overall it is a very good product.

What is most valuable?

Budgeting Financial Analysis

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled us to cut the budgeting process by 50% as well as making the budgets more acute.

What needs improvement?

Report writing needs work,

I've used it for two years.

Just minor issues.

With the report writing there are some issues.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: Very good. Technical Support: Very good.

We used Excel worksheets.

How was the

CFO at a construction company with 51-200 employees
​Areas where you load your CapEx still need a lot of improvements however, it is easy to build a report.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend it. It's worth the money you spend on the software.
Sr. FP&A Analyst & Financial System Administrator at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
It could be used to simplify processes, however, the user interface could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take a look at this product and its offerings as it has a lot of useful features and could be used to simplify processes and day to day activities. Also, it's cost effective!
Business Intelligence Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Microsoft multidimensional cubes has several disadvantages in write back solutions which results in poor performance. Client installation and updating is really easy.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure your data quality is decent. Don't fill dimensions with over 1000 members. Keep your model simple and think it through before implementing it as you can't edit cubes when they first are made.
Senior Financial Analyst at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Mobile capabilities could be improved. Overall great ease of use, and it was easy to manipulate.

What other advice do I have?

If you are still using Excel for budgeting and reporting, this product will change your life and that of your company. Prophix is great software that is constantly improving. The company really seems to value customer feedback when deciding on enhancements for future versions as well.