PRTG Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Reseller
IT Strategy, Management Consulting, Training and Development at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 05 2018

What is most valuable?

* The product is simple and easy to implement. * The licensing is quick and simple. * I can create my own program sensor. This means I can add extra monitoring capabilities into the already fundamentally strong foundation. * I can write a few... more»

How has it helped my organization?

We use the product internally. Because we are a networking company, we are able to diagnose customer's network problems so our customers are happy. We go to the customer telling them that we are not here to sell the product. If you don't like... more»

What needs improvement?

We would like to monitor certain aspects of the user experience. We should be able to analyze the cause of end user experience, bad or good, so we can do some research and development on our own. In a very few cases, customers want more... more»
Technical Consultant at Celerity Limited
Aug 13 2017

What is most valuable?

* Network monitoring - it's able to collect lots of detailed information on network devices and network traffic. The graphing functions allow it to view current and history of the device. * Ease of set-up – it is quick and easy to add a probe... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Allows us to monitor devices better, and helps up to identify issues with the monitored device using current or historical data from PRTG.

What needs improvement?

PRTG access works best from the web GUI. There are dedicated apps on Windows/Android/iOS, but they are slow and don’t work as well as the web GUI. Licenses are very expensive, so I would like to see cheaper licensing.
Find out what your peers are saying about Paessler AG, SolarWinds, Nagios and others in Network Monitoring Software.
288,256 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Monitoring Specialist at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 20 2017

What is most valuable?

Accessibility, ease of use (Web GUI, MobileApps). In general, compared with other software, it's easy to install/implement and build structures. It's also cost effective.

How has it helped my organization?

Every department in my company uses this tool for SMS or e-mail alerts regarding its devices.

What needs improvement?

Mostly, this software has sensors for devices to monitor specs and you can build or develop or modify various sensors, according to your company's needs. But you may need to do that with coding or plugins or with the support of Paessler AG,... more»
User
Network Manager with 201-500 employees
May 24 2018

What is most valuable?

* Ping monitoring * WMI for RAM * Hard drive space on servers * Monitors site uptime (and notices when it is down), along with thresholds when server RAM or HD is running low, which has helped us.

How has it helped my organization?

* PRTG has improved our visibility and response time to issues related to remote sites. * Nice product with an easy interface to use and a large variety of sensors.

What needs improvement?

Needs ability to monitor standard notification time (notify after X time). Web-based interface is easy to use, but it is cumbersome to make changes across several devices.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About PRTG

288,256 professionals have used our research since 2012.

PRTG Questions

PRTG Projects By Members

PRTG Consultants

What is PRTG?

PRTG Network Monitor runs on a Windows machine within your network, collecting various statistics from the machines, software, and devices which you designate. PRTG comes with an easy-to-use web interface with point-and-click configuration. You can easily share data from it with non-technical colleagues and customers, including via live graphs and custom reports. This will let you plan for network expansion, see what applications are using most of your connection, and make sure that no one is hogging the entire network just to torrent videos.
PRTG customers
Jameson Bank, Sidnix, RungeICT, MedicalAnimal, Truck-lite, GamingGrids, The Covell Group, Forsythn County Schools, NetMass, Musgrove Park Hospital, Lanes Health, Columbia Southern University, Vodafone, Intrust Bank
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Network Monitoring Software solution is right for you?

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Paessler AG, SolarWinds, Nagios, and more!