PTC Integrity Overview

PTC Integrity is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. It is most often compared to Jira: PTC Integrity vs Jira

What is PTC Integrity?
The PTC Integrity Software Suite provides a comprehensive set of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Systems Engineering capabilities that enable cross-discipline collaboration, improve time-to-market, streamline compliance, and reduce product risk. Simplify the complexity involved in developing today's complex engineered and smart, connected products.

PTC Integrity is also known as MKS.

PTC Integrity Buyer's Guide

Download the PTC Integrity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

PTC Integrity Customers
TRW Automotive
PTC Integrity Video

PTC Integrity Reviews

SoftwareDevlpr67
Software Developer at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 16, 2019
Good item management and version control but does not have good performance

What is our primary use case?

I mainly used PTC to make a JIRA-like tool so that people can work with Agile. I think it has more features as presented by PTC. However, we mainly used this solution for item management, change requests, item tracking, etc. The second thing we used it for was version control.

• "We have been using it because it gives certain abilities in the automotive industry, such as auditing or keeping track of information."
  • "To be honest, the third controller system is kind of old. There are lots of transactional changes that have not been implemented in PTC. If you have a larger project, for example, whenever you give bits and need to change 10,000 files you can just commit them. But here the work style is a little more file based, so you'll have to take care of almost all the files individually. It's not a single commit like you do here, but rather you have to allocate time for each component or file that you want to check in or commit. That's a very big issue."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this as five out of ten. You can use it for things from the previous decade. After 2010, whatever you want to do in terms of programming is very unusable.
reviewer1282683
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 16, 2020
Good traceability, but the user interface is difficult to navigate and the solution needs to be more plug-and-play

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution manager and I manage a portfolio of applications in the company. We have been conducting a PTC Integrity pilot. We use it for documentation and requirements management. We do not use it for test management, yet. It is for requirements collection and then creating and maintaining specification documents.

• "The most valuable feature is traceability starting from the requirements until the end of a project."
  • "We are unhappy because everything that we needed required customization and this is not a plug-and-play type of solution at all."

What other advice do I have?

We have not integrated this solution with our PLM system, yet. Overall, we are not very happy with PTC Integrity. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about PTC, Atlassian, Siemens and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: January 2021.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1253193
Technial Lead at a transportation company with 1-10 employees
Dec 31, 2019
Has good requirement management and version control features but it's not so customizable

What is our primary use case?

We were evaluating PTC Integrity for the deployment for one of my clients. The major problem we faced regarding Integrity are the developments.

• "We found the requirement management and the version control features to be the most useful for our client."
  • "It's not so customizable. Compared to other tools, defining user stories is a slightly more cumbersome process as an ALM engineer."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to prepare yourself by having a good programming team that has good customization engineers. It requires a lot of programming skills. I would rate it a seven out of ten. In the next release, I would like for there to not be so many scripts and programs to do workflow customization. It should be easily customizable.
Jeevan
Technical Leader at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 16, 2020
Key advantage is traceability in data management

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for all kinds of data management right through to test case management. We have offices in both Germany and India with about 600 licenses in total.

• "Complete traceability as per process requirements."
  • "There are not enough reports. People would like to see something similar to what is available in JIRA."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product an eight out of 10.
reviewer1293987
Project Leader at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 12, 2020
A well-structured system with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for lifecycle management.

What is most valuable?

The tool is quite structured and has a good command set.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration from the architectural side. It is difficult to use when it comes to linking models.

I have been working with PTC Integrity for the past five to seven years, and in the organization, it has been used for between ten and fifteen years.

It is a stable product.

We have approximately 1,000 people who are using it on a daily basis.

The technical support is…
reviewer1330269
Software Development Engineer at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Apr 22, 2020
Good for managing tasks but it's not user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to develop tasks and controls.

What is most valuable?

It's a good tool to manage software versions, update the status, and manage tasks.

What needs improvement?

It's not easy to plan on this solution and it's not user-friendly. The interface should be more like a web interface. It's not easy to use.  For example, if I need to attach pictures then relate items together, it doesn't work well. It doesn't look nice and it doesn't show you how it will look.

I have been using PTC Integrity for five years.

It is stable.

It seems scalable but it's not really relevant to me.…