Puppet Enterprise Reviews

industry
rating
Principal at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Dec 18 2016

What is most valuable?

Declarative nature of Puppet with its hub spoke architecture for automation using agents is the best feature.

How has it helped my organization?

All of the infrastructure patching and provisioning was done using Puppet.

What needs improvement?

It needs GUI based automation. There is way too much command line work involved. Puppet is mainly command line tool with most of the scripts created through declaration. I was hoping they allow creation and deployment of these scripts through... more»
Technical Consultant at Atgen Software Solutions LLP
Aug 18 2017

What do you think of Puppet Enterprise?

Valuable Features Puppet3 and 4 series provides optimum deployment solutions for infrastructure and applications. • Improvements to My Organization This product has vastly increased our company’s release management and product stability functionalities. • Room for Improvement We would like Puppet to add more integration for applications. • Use of Solution I have used this product for 7+ years. • Deployment Issues Need to align with Agent Less Setup. • Stability Issues I have not encountered any issues with stability. • Scalability Issues I have not encountered any issues with scalability. • Customer Service and Technical Support We are highly impressed with their technical support and I would give it a 9 out of 10 rating. • Initial Setup I found...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Puppet Enterprise

Find out what your peers are saying about Puppet, BMC, Microsoft and others in Configuration Management.
287,566 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Puppet Enterprise Questions

Puppet Enterprise Projects By Members

Puppet Enterprise Consultants

What is Puppet Enterprise?

Puppet Data Center Automation helps sysadmins automate configuration and management of machines and the software running on them. With our software, businesses can make rapid, repeatable changes and automatically enforce the consistency of systems and devices, across physical and virtual machines, on prem or in the cloud.

Puppet Enterprise customers

Los Alamos National Laboratory, GitHub, IP Commerce, Cedexis, Spiceworks, Server Density, Swisstopo, Chockstone, Constant Contact, NICS, Citrix

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Configuration Management solution is right for you?

Download our free Configuration Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Puppet, BMC, Microsoft, and more!