Pure Storage FlashArray Overview

Pure Storage FlashArray is the #1 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS): Pure Storage FlashArray vs NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)

What is Pure Storage FlashArray?

Pure Storage FlashArray is the world’s first enterprise-class, all-NVMe flash storage array. It represents a new class of storage – shared accelerated storage, that delivers major breakthroughs in performance, simplicity, and consolidation. Pure Storage is fresh and modern today and will be for the next decade. Without forklift upgrades or planned downtime, Pure takes the work out of storage ownership and delivers unprecedented customer satisfaction.

Pure Storage FlashArray Buyer's Guide

Download the Pure Storage FlashArray Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Pure Storage FlashArray Customers

Nielsen, Lamar Advertising, LinkedIn, Betfair, UT-Dallas

Pure Storage FlashArray Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

IT Manager at Haworth
Its ease of use has allowed us to stand up landscapes faster.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is SAP.

• "The most valuable feature is its upgradeability."
  • "What it needs to do is work a little closer with solutions, like VMware, so it understands the particular workloads that are on it. Today, it does not understand the applications which are running against it."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product.
SDDC Senior Director at SK Telecom

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is big data. SAP is very important for our business. We are running our management system on SAP, so it's very critical. We are running SAP S/4HANA and other ERP modules. We run our config on-premise.

• "The most valuable feature is test performance. It helps us store large amounts of data along with providing us faster retrieval of data."
  • "The technical support is okay, but could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

It has been quite satisfactory in performance and scalability. Since we adopted this only a year ago, we will see what happens in the long term, if they will keep up with their quality.
Learn what your peers think about Pure Storage FlashArray. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
WM
Technical Marketing Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
It helps to simplify storage, especially because we can do in-place upgrades and can grow on demand

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to run SAP applications on top of the flash solutions. SAP is very important to our business. It's a key function. We are running ERP and CRM systems. Our systems run on-premise.

• "Running SAP on Pure Storage helps a lot without doing any further tuning to improve application performance. Our internal clients are happy."

What other advice do I have?

I am pretty happy with the solution, as it is currently.
    FL
    CTO at Ticel
    It simplifies the administration and backup

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is SAP. It work very well. SAP is very important to our business. We are running all ERP solutions. Our configurations are run on-premise.

How has it helped my organization?

It has easy implementation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its simplicity. It simplifies the administration and backup. The predictive performance analytics works well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support available in Spanish.

The stability is perfect. The reliability is 100% and the latency is always lower than 1 millisecond. The speed is very high on SAP from running it on Pure Storage, and the power on SAP HANA is much faster.

What do I think about the

Associate Director of Cloud Engineering at ZS
    We no longer have to worry about managing volumes, capacity, or replication

What is our primary use case?

All of our production, development, and workloads run on it.

• "Scalability is one of the best features. You can quickly add more. You can swap out the drives with larger sizes, you can add more shelves. All of that is perfect - the whole concept of keeping it modular..."
    • "The data reduction that we had initially anticipated when we bought Pure and we move over, is way lower than the expected reduction. It depends on the workloads, of course. But that has been a challenge at times."

What other advice do I have?

You get what you pay for. It is expensive, but it really works. So I would really recommend using Pure Storage.
    JV
    Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    An easy to use product for all of my team members

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for on-premise storage. I have personally used this solution for 15 years, and now, four years with my current company.

• "It is an easy to use product for all of my team members."
    • "I would like to see data tiering to AWS."

What other advice do I have?

Definitely test the performance, compression, and deduplication. You are going to get more out of the storage than what you anticipated. We are a Cohesity customer. We have use cases where we integrated Pure Storage with Cohesity.
    TN
    Manager of Technical Management at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Cost-effective and integrates well with VMware Site Recovery Manager

• "Their support system has insight into errors on our SAN fabric that we can't see. They've brought attention to and raised awareness for us about things that we couldn't see, when we were experiencing problems."
    • "I would like to see the NAS add-on component become more fault-tolerant than just a single virtual machine running inside the array. I'm unwilling to use it for that reason."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to a colleague.
    SJ
    Customer Support Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It's very fast, easy to use, and the cloud-based management is good

What is our primary use case?

It's a high performance storage array. We want some deals regarding replication and stretch cluster.

• "The simplicity of it. The performance is good, but the simplicity is the best thing. Storage management is quite complex, but Pure Storage is easy to manage."
    • "I would like some performance analytics which go deeper than today. It should be specific to some hosts and applications. This would be good."

What other advice do I have?

Test it, get familiar with it, then decide whether to purchase it. I don't have any experience with predictive performance analytics yet.
    FF
    IT Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    We can use more capacity because of the compression and deduplication

What is our primary use case?

We use it for performance, the capacity of deduplication, and compression of the data.

• "Most of the problems that we had in the past with the performance in IOPS have disappeared. It has been a great improvement for our customers' services."
    • "Going forward, don't complicate things for the customers."

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution. It responds to all the workload problems that we have. It could be with some different workloads that the solution might not respond the way that it responds to us. Test it. People will be astonished with it performance and simplicity. We have two arrays in two data centers. Normally, in the arrays, the latency is about 4.3 milliseconds per second, which is very good in all workloads. In terms of reduction, our customers are seeing about a seven to eight plus reduction in the capacity that they have. The TCO for flash and SSD implementation are comparable.
    MC
    Technical and Pre-sales Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Reseller
    It reduces space and accelerates our applications.

What is our primary use case?

We are using Pure Storage as an all-flash product. It is a niche product, and only used for high performance data. With Dell EMC, they have all-flash arrays, but they also have other types of storage. Our client use the solution for DevOps and their high speed databases.

• "It reduces space and the polar consumption. It also accelerates the application."
    • "The connectivity needs improvement. You do not have the possibility to have a file and block connectivity at the same time on the same machine. It has limited ability to do so."
    Head of Infrastructure Architecture at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    They are proactive with support and open cases for us before we notify them of an issue

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is storage for payment platforms.

• "The job of support for the storage engineers dramatically changed. We know more quickly the automation of the provisioning. We can now focus on things that bring more value to the company than just managing storage."
    • "We would like to integrate it more with our backup solutions."

What other advice do I have?

If you have doubts, do a proof of concept. Pure Storage is very happy to provide you with storage ahead of time that you can test for a couple of months. This way, you can test the performance and bugs, which makes it easier to sell to your company. Everything is embedded that is something managed from end-to-end by Pure Storage. This is something really easy for us. We don't have to work with integration and the different subcomponent of the storage that we would have to use if it was SSD. We are at about 3.0 to 4.0 in terms of data reduction.
    Cloud Solution Architect at Dimension Data

What is our primary use case?

We have workloads that demand high IOPS, so a lot of speed, fast access, time, and overall high performance.

• "Performance, dedupe, and that it works well with database workloads are its most valuable features."
    • "They are doing some stuff with containers and an object search. These could be improved, because containers is one of the main topics that we are talking with our customers about."

What other advice do I have?

When our customers are deciding on a storage solution, we talk about their needs and what they need as an outcome for their business. We usually show them how easy Pure Storage works and how fast it. These are strong points for most customers. Try to get a demo, then test it.
    AZ
    CIO at NGS srl
    It's simple, powerful, and ready to use

What is our primary use case?

There are two real use cases. * General purpose infrastructure for VMs. * Business technical applications, such as Oracle DB or MS SQL DB.

• "It's simple, powerful, and ready to use."
    • "Lone segmentation is simpler and more agile. It's improved the velocity in overall provisioning from project to operation."
    • "Some services could be inserted directly into the SAN, so Pure Storage could complete with the HyperFlex."

What other advice do I have?

It is simple, powerful, and a beautiful solution. It is a nice piece of software, but it also has some nice hardware inside. The predictive performance analytics are quite good. We have touched a lot of cases where the performance was quite similar, even under big loads, but the compression and duplication numbers can be misleading. Because PDFs are more compressed, the dedupe and compression numbers are being lowered.
    BD
    CTO at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    It is really fast and the support has been good

What is most valuable?

It's really fast.

So long as it's powered, it is stable. We had someone drop the power to our Pure Storage array once, then everything went down. However, that wasn't Pure Storage's fault. It was just what happened.

The support has been good.

We moved off of VMAX storage. It wasn't keeping up with the workloads that we had. Pure has done this for us.

From my previous employment, where we used it, everyone thinks about Pure Storage running their EMR or HIMS. One of the lesser sung advantages was when we started running our interface engine on Pure Storage. The ability to…
    Director of Network Services at Engage
    Easy to use, and the maintenance upgrades to get free controllers work really well

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use, and the maintenance upgrades to get free controllers work really well.

More than five years.

It's stable.

It's scalable to our needs.

The deployment is very easy. It's quick.

All storage is expensive so any price improvement would help.

We always consider other storage options.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely suggest this solution to a colleague because of the ease of use. Also, the controller upgrades, compared to Pure's competitors,…
    CG
    CEO at Intellect Dynamics
    Very efficient storage for our large-data, number-crunching algorithms

• "Very efficient storage"
    • "The time-to-market could be better at times, but I think that's true for all vendors of hardware."

What other advice do I have?

One of the "buyer beware" issues would be, if you're going to buy a $1.5 million installment of Aries, which is the NVIDIA, it's got a high cost. If you just need a cucumber cart to be pulled on wheels, you don't need to buy a jet plane, although the seller might say, "Hey, this is the best, greatest, and newest." These are some of the things that you'd want to be aware of as someone who is looking to get into AI. Make sure you need that much because you could probably build a scaled-down version at a significantly lower cost. I rate the solution a nine out of ten. Pure is a partner of ours…
    EP
    Director at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    The solution's performance and reliability are its key features for us

What is most valuable?

I rate the product at ten out of ten because the performance of the storage is just unbelievable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for NVMe, end-to-end.

Less than one year.

It's extremely stable.

It scales absolutely, to the highest level you can think of.

Pure did help us by coming onsite and deploying it.

We were previously using EMC. The difference is unbelievable. We are buying more.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward. …
    Director of IT at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Provides awesome performance, while shrinking our data center significantly

• "We were actually able to do multiple upgrades, including head upgrades and moving between the platforms, M20 and M50, over the years. We have never once lost a ping and have never had an outage due to an OS upgrade or a complete head upgrade."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it to colleagues. I have not only used it where I am currently at, but I have also used it at other locations before. I have recommended it to partners, and colleagues that I have worked with in the past, across the state of California.
      JH
      CTO at a individual & family service with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Significantly reduced our storage volume, while being administered by just one person

• "The first year, we started out with one or five terabytes and it took what was 20 terabytes of storage down to less than one terabyte."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to a colleague because of what it can do. I've already done that. I've already referenced several other nonprofits, human service organizations, and long-term care facilities. We've spoken highly of Pure. For an organization, it can take storage from 40 terabytes down to five terabytes. It's excellent. Our user base consists of 3,000 people but it takes just one person to manage it - ease of use.
        TR
        Chief Technology Officer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
        Scalable and stable with a great footprint, provides us with a good ROI

• "My rating of Pure Storage is a ten out of ten because of the price for performance and footprint - the overall value."
        • "There's always an opportunity for new feature functionality."

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this product to a colleague. We have no regrets. We have one person who administers it. We have about 9,000 employees and the IT department has about 300.
        Director at Engage
        Evergreen policy means we receive an upgrade of the storage software every three years, without charge

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of MEDITECH electronic health records systems running on it, as well as some other ancillary applications, but it's core hospital EHR, predominantly.

• "There was a dramatic improvement in operating costs just as a result of the environmentals and space, let alone the cost of the unit itself."
        • "One thing I'd like to see in a future release is integration between their main storage array and what they call their FlashBlade product; to be able to snapshot directly from the primary array into multiple different backup copies on FlashBlade."

What other advice do I have?

The product is an easy ten out of ten. We've been very happy with it. We've found them to be a great value. Service and support is phenomenal. It's really hard to find reasonable things for them to actually improve it on.
        Director of MIS at Watson Clinic
        Gives us better compression than our previous solutions, and it's easier to manage

• "Pure gives us better compression, it's easier to manage, a lot less hands-on."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to colleagues in the same field. It makes life easier for me. I rate the product at nine out of ten. We're very happy with it. We purchased the product for our Epic implementation. I had such minimal issues with it. Ten out of ten is a stretch, but it's pretty close. We're pretty happy.
          President at Computer Network Architects, Inc.
          Among the easiest solutions to install, it's self-contained and updates in place

• "It upgrades in place which means we'll be using it well into the future."
          • "I recognize it's a difficult challenge, but I would like to see them make the pricing more reasonable."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to colleagues. When performance is important, that's what Pure is all about. I rate the solution at ten out of ten. Solid-state storage makes a lot of sense, they're 100 percent solid-state when you need that kind of performance. The pricing is very attractive and it delivers performance for the money.
          PM
          CTO at a wellness & fitness company with 201-500 employees
          Simplifies my upgrade paths, and the support I have received has been outstanding

• "The sales and executive support have been outstanding compared to the rest of the market... My upgrade paths have been simple on the Pure... It's a lot simpler to implement and a lot simpler to manage."
          • "In some cases, we get into very in-depth conversations around movement of specific data and, what's more, chunk sizes. The documentation lacked any description or information on that."

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this product to a colleague. And I have done that already.
          PM
          Network Specialist at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
          It simplifies the connection between our infrastructure and storage

What is our primary use case?

We use the space and optimize the makeup of the storage products.

• "The most valuable feature is how it simplifies the management of the SAN."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Pure Storage, as it is well-established. It also simplifies and optimizes the right space. The predictive performance analytics are good.
            Pre-Sales Engineer at Cisco Systems, Inc.
            Deduplication works faster for our customers using this product

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for the data and storage that we utilize in our managed services.  We also use it in the company. We localized it.

How has it helped my organization?

Deduplication works faster for our customers using this product. It simplifies building out the storage.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its data reduction.  It is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It needs to improve its price.

The product is stable. It works really well.

I have not used the technical support.

In most cases, we do the implementation because we are the integrator.

Senior Data Center Solutions Architect at ChaanBeard.com
            Reseller
            Our clients see a reduction in total cost of ownership by around 40%

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller of Pure Storage FlashArray. Our customers use it for virtualization, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.

• "The security operating system is its most valuable feature because it's very simple, easy to use, and operate. You don't have to do very serious training to operate this equipment. It's user-friendly and pretty straightforward."
            • "It's not so scalable. It's got moderate scaling capabilities right now. The clustering technology needs a bit of work, they need to improve that."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. Not a ten because nobody's a ten. We haven't achieved perfection yet. I would advise someone considering this or a similar solution to push Pure Storage for multi-cloud integration.
            MR
            System Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
            With this solution, we have perfect run through times and latency

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is block storage for retro machines running on VMware ESXi and Red Hat with Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs).

• "The deduplication and compression meet all of our system requirements."
            • "The credentials on the iSCSI interface are only available to type in with the Chrome browser, and not with the Firefox browser."

What other advice do I have?

We are not using predictive performance analytics at the moment.
            RC
            System Administrator at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
            Gives us pure speed and low latency with a small data center footprint

What is our primary use case?

We use it for VMware virtualization.

• "We like the speed. It's very low latency. In virtualization, you can mask lots of problems, and even in code you can mask lots of problems, with low latency. It's just pure speed and low latency."
            • "We also like the compactness, the small footprint. It takes up very little space in a data center and uses little power."
            • "We would like to see more cloud support, which we know is coming, although it's not out yet. It's going to be released in the next versions. That would be the biggest win, if additional cloud support is built into the array."

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. Get a system in on a trial basis, make a deal, and try it to see if it's something you can use. I rate Pure Storage at ten out of ten. We're very satisfied with Pure Storage. They are a very good company, doing very good things.
            AD
            QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of Pure Storage was for a data virtualization project using Belfrics. We needed the latency that would be required for the product. We are moving into a DevOps environment and CI/CD. Their departmentalization was an enabler because database is a service in the pipeline where the underlying risk factor has to be correct, especially the storage. This primarily applies to the driver and the infrastructure as a base, but the end game is to have a DevOps pipeline.

• "We have seen savings in our storage. The speed of deployment has gone from several days to a few minutes. This product has reduced that time into minutes, simplifying storage for us."
            • "Part of our company works on Dell EMC because Pure Storage did not have synchronous applications when we were purchasing our products."

What other advice do I have?

Pure Storage is now our de facto standard product to use. The analytics were gathered for this environment, and the environment is big. Production-wise, it is running Oracle, and performance-wise, it is running enterprise applications.
            JM
            Systems Analyst at a government with 501-1,000 employees
            Since we were able to afford to go all flash, we don't manage tiers, we're not moving data up, and we're not waiting for overnight cycles.

What is our primary use case?

VMware is currently our main use case because it dedupes really well.

• "They are quite responsive and our local team was pretty good."
            • "Because we were able to afford to go all flash, we don't manage the tiers, we're not moving data up, and we're not waiting for overnight cycles."
              Senior Director of Systems Engineering at Bill.com
              The most valuable feature is it never goes down

What is our primary use case?

We run our production Oracle workload on it.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to scale it to ten terabytes. Whereas, before we were stuck.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is it never goes down. We can expand and create volumes.

What needs improvement?

I would like to migrate to the cloud in the future and know how that would actually work with this product.

Stability has been really solid.

The technical support has been fantastic.

We were previously using Dell EMC.

What about

RJ
              Associate Director of Computing Services at Carnegie Mellon University

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is virtual machines.

• "Data deduplication features make it easier to manage storage and forecast growth."
              • "It simplifies storage."
              • "The way Pure Storage does the controller storage warranty or replacement has been an issue for some people who just replace the controllers every couple of years, and that's where some of the confusion with pricing and support has come in. They should be clear on the way the controller replacements happen, as it is important to know whether or not you can get a good return on them, because it can be a little confusing."

What other advice do I have?

It simplifies storage. Data deduplication features make it easier to manage storage and forecast growth.
              CTO at CCL
              The biggest return on investment for us is not having to do a swap out of the arrays every five years.

What is our primary use case?

We're a service provider, so it's the primary storage for hosting our customers.

• "The stability of Pure Storage is very very good."
              • "The initial setup was very straightforward and very quick. It was up and running in our data center within 24 hours of receiving it."

What other advice do I have?

I find that the total cost of ownership to actually be lower than the fee implementation. We record and meter everything; electricity consumption and staff time spent looking after the arrays. Our figures put it somewhere between 40% and 50%, depending on how long we run the rates for. The data reduction rates vary for us. Anything from 6 to 1 down to 2 to 1, because it depends on our workload. Latency is always good and it's generally less than a millisecond across all the arrays we run.
                ZS
                SRE at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                We're maxing out shelves where we can, doesn't take up as much space, and it's not as hot

What is our primary use case?

We use Pure Storage on our databases. We have massive SQL databases, four-node clusters and we present a LUN directly to them. Then we have Fusion-io cards as a backup. We also use Pure in our data centers to replicate our databases for our DR center so that we can be secure.

• "The 3PAR SSD arrays that we have are still failing a lot so even though we're under warranty, we still have to get someone out and usually have someone troubleshoot so that usually adds onto the cost. With Pure, we've had a disc fail and we pop it out and you pop it in and it's good to go."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine. If someone was considering this solution I'd definitely ask them what their use case for was. If they had a high workload, like for example, I have a buddy who works in the entertainment industry, and they need to edit 4K video, so they need something like Pure that's really fast. I love the support and I love just what Pure does in general, so I'd definitely suggest it.
                  Systems Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
                  Cost, rate per terabyte, and speed is why we chose Pure Storage.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of Pure Storage was for a data virtualization project using Belfrics. We needed the latency that would be required for the project. The analytics that we gather is used for just one environment (which is big in the banking industry). Production wise, it's running Oracle. Performance wise, it's basically running enterprise applications.

• "It's actually very stable"
                  • "The initial setup was really straight forward."
                  • "Cost, racial per terabyte, and speed is why we chose PureStorage. It was no brainer."
                  • "Before we used Pure Storage it took 93 days of employees who run the database to back up and restore databases. The scale of deployment basically went from several days to a few minutes."
                  • "A three wave application or multi wave application synchronization would be an improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Latency defines everything.
                  MO
                  Senior Network Systems Engineer at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                  Excellent performance and hardware, technical support is very responsive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for Microsoft SQL.

• "Performance is the most valuable feature."
                  • "It's too early to tell if we've seen a reduction in total cost of ownership. The solution is expensive."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because I've worked with NetApp in the past, and other vendors as well in storage. I didn't find the content quite as intuitive as what I got in NetApp but in terms of hardware and all that, it's a 10. It's just that one little issue. I would advise someone considering Cloud flash storage that it's the way to go, with SQL. Definitely, Pure Storage is at the top of the game for that.
                  Digital Architect at CBC
                  If you need faster storage and a good product, this is the one you should go ahead with.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for nearline storage.

• "It has good stability for our company."
                  • "The first set up we had was really straight forward and simple."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this a seven out of ten because it's a good performance storage, but the price is a little bit high. Our predicted performance analytics is also going really well, so if you need faster storage and a good product, this is the one you should go ahead with.
                    JS
                    System Engineer at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

It is the SAN backbone for our company. We have multiple SANs, all Pure at this point. It runs everything from tasks to business intelligence to enterprise applications.

• "It is the SAN backbone for our company."
                    • "The reliability is very good."
                    • "We put a fair amount of stress on it because we run sequel workloads and we run web applications where the same web files are hit over and over. We have had almost zero stability issues with that SAN, that has been really great for us."
                    • "The one major gripe I have is that there is no snapshotting enabled by default on the SAN."

What other advice do I have?

When we do a mass migration of data to the Pure SAN, it along with any other SAN out there still has to deduplicate that. So, it arrives in a large chunk before it can finally shrink it down to what Pure is capable of reducing it to through deduplication. Now that we have streamlined our environment on the VMware side, we're able to dump stuff in a large amount. However, for those dumpings we have to wait for Pure to sit and chew on it and then de-duplicate it before we could move the next large amount over there.
                    JA
                    Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
                    It is the fastest storage that we have available, and it is easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is a big bucket of storage for VMware. We run our virtual machines mostly to make sure that we have our SQL databases sitting on Pure Storage, because it's the fastest storage which we have available.

• "It is all-flash. This makes it a lot faster than the rest of what we have, as it is able to drive high I/O loads, which is big for us."
                    • "It is easy to manage. You don't have to have the same people who used to manage the Dell EMC arrays because the solution is more intuitive."
                    • "With scalability, I have run into a little problem with our last upgrade. There were some undocumented limitations to the number of drives that our controller could run on. So, instead of putting in a new data pack as we had anticipated, we had to keep adding and removing to get up to the capacity that we needed to be. What should have been a one day process (or a few hours) turned into a month and a half process."

What other advice do I have?

I would give Pure Storage a high recommendation. Go with Pure (or a flasher rate which is similar) because of the ease of management and performance. It makes life a lot easier, especially if you're a smaller shop it could be prohibitive to have a storage engineer on staff. So, get a systems engineer who can do storage. This is more common with Pure Storage, then with Dell EMC. I have not used the predictive performance analytics all that much. I really like the end-to-end VM monitoring. I will be putting that on pretty soon.
                    TC
                    Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
                    We can quickly add more shelves and drives with larger sizes

What is our primary use case?

All of our production and development workloads run on Pure Storage.

• "It simplifies the overall management. We don't have to worry about storage anymore."
                    • "Most of our upgrades have not been as smooth as they should have been."
                    • "Having something native in the Pure Storage ecosystem would make it integrated and in one single company, and we wouldn't have to work with multiple organizations."

What other advice do I have?

You get what you pay for; it is expensive, but it works. Therefore, I would recommend using Pure Storage. I don't use the predictive performance analytics too much.
                    AE
                    CTO at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
                    It has simplified our storage

What is our primary use case?

We use it for storage of critical data, and for storage of replicated backups.
                    PG
                    Unix and storage manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
                    Reliable, easy to use solution that enables high performance

What is our primary use case?

We've been using this solution for four years. We are on-prem with Pure and we are not using any of Pure's off-prem product. We do have experience with a variety of storage in AWS. For us, it's still two very different things, we like Pure Storage because our key business systems are still on-prem. It's been extremely reliable and gets the job done. Our primary use case is for Oracle databases, data warehouses, and mission critical apps.

• "Technical support is excellent. I've had very good responses from technical support. We had a couple of cases where we needed support. Some of the communications were purely over email and some has been an actual call to the service desk."
                    • "There are scenarios with very specific functionality around VMware integration particularly to do with the way we'd like to manage LUNs in VMware. The tools are pretty good but there's room for improvement there."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as a nine because of the scalability and upgrade flexibility. I would advise someone considering this solution to take the opportunity to take a look at the product. Take a demo and actually run through day to day operations and see how easy and reliable it is.
                    Infrastructure engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                    Fast, simple and I would recommend this product to someone considering it

• "The most valuable feature is that maintenance is free."
                    • "I would like to see more cloud integration."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten. It's fast and simple. I would recommend this product to someone considering it. I would advise to look at your budget and use case and decide from there.
                    JH
                    Infrastructure Manager at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
                    Robust, stable, and their technical support the best out of any of the vendors we work with

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for storage of critical data and for storage of replicated backups. We use Zerto replication software. We write all of those backups to Pure Storage and then we use those in our disaster recovery scenarios.

• "Their technical support is excellent. It's the best out of any of the vendors we work with."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten because of the way the product works. It never blinks. Also because of the progressive support that we get from Pure Storage with updates and opening tickets on the device before we even knew that there was a problem happening. The entire experience of working with them has been great. I would advise somebody considering this solution to buy it.
                      RF
                      System Administrator at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
                      Enabled us to store more for a cheaper price and has simplified storage

What is our primary use case?

We have bare-metal boxes now so we are thinking of going Cloud. We have to have a hybrid solution because we're closer to the financial industry and we have regulations that require us to have on-premise systems. In that case, we would go with Pure Storage.

• "We can store more for a cheaper price as opposed to paying for larger devices and larger rack spaces which get outdated sooner and which we'd have to change every two years. It simplifies storage for us."
                      • "I would rate this solution an eight. To make it a ten it would have to be a little cheaper."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight. To make it a ten it would have to be a little cheaper. We want to restrict the data set that's required to be on-premise to be kept on-premise and the rest to be moved to the cloud so that we just pay for what we use. If you're looking into Pure Storage I would definitely recommend Pure Storage if you have a need of having something on-premise.
                      GK
                      Engineer at CSG Systems
                      Lowered latency and we see a constant response time

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our database, log store, and for the file system.

• "It has improved my organization because now have lower latency, we get fewer complaints from customers, and we see a constant response time."
                      • "I would rate this solution an eight because we have had outages. The commit times went very high in the database. The whole array went down so our customers were down for around eight hours. This was a very big outage which could have been our fault because we didn't do the upgrade in time."

VK
                      Senior Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
                      Good performance and extremely stable

• "It's extremely stable and has good performance."
                      • "I would like to see them lower the costs."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine. It's extremely stable and has good performance. The only issue is the cost. I would definitely recommend this solution to somebody considering it.
                      PG
                      IT Manager at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees
                      Easy and simple to manage storage solution that has reduced downtime

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to keep our production and DR data in this storage.

• "This solution has improved our organization in the way that we used to see latency but now with this solution we don't. It also has good performance. Latencies have come down for our performance in the SQL databases. We can put a lot more in a lot less in terms of space savings. We also save data center space have good deduplication."
                      • "They should work on their upgrades, they're not smooth."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because there's always room for improvement. They should work on their upgrades, they're not smooth. If you're considering this solution, I would tell you to do a PoC and if it meets your requirements, go for it. It's a good product. They're a good company and they have achieved good work.
                      APAC System manager at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                      Ensures better application performance and improves the user experience

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for storage. We use it to ensure better application performance and to improve the user experience of the application. The cross-storage appliance improves the overall application experience. We have been using this solution as an on-premise solution. It has been useful for our critical applications.

• "This solution has improved our organization. In the past, we had reports that were taking up to two hours and after switching to SSD storage the overall processing power dropped to half an hour. The end users saw an immediate performance gain."
                      • "I would like to see them develop the ability to integrate with more AWS services. There are increasingly more and more services coming out from AWS but there are also certain constraints where we can't move everything over to a cloud as well. We would like for things that are on-premise to be easily integrated with AWS."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight because it is very reliable in the way that it fulfills its key objective of being performance driven. If you're considering this or a similar product I would advise you to do a PoC to make sure that this solution actually fits into your environment. For us, we go through a cycle of about three months to do the evaluations across our different storage. One of the greatest challenges that our company had was that our company was not using Pure Storage and they were quite skeptical of the solution. With the results of the PoC, we proved to them that it is…
                      RF
                      Sys Admin at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
                      Easy to implement and TCO of flash is lower than SSD implementations

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for Rack Database Storage and Virtualized Server Storage.

• "Has also helped simplify storage for us. The other person we put in there, took about a week to implement. And we had both arrays set up within around four hours with a thirty minute drive time between the two locations."
                      • "We've had it in place for about a year and a half and have had zero complaints, other than that box-to-box replication is not encrypted."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten.
                      DF
                      Sr System Engineer at Stanford University
                      Cut down provisioning time and simplified storage

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything. We have a mixed storage use.

• "This solution has helped my organization by cutting down on provisioning time. I used to have to provision a VM and it would take ten minutes. Now, it takes thirty seconds."
                      • "I would like to see active replication. I know that it's available now but I haven't tried it yet. I hope that it works."

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking into this solution I would tell you that it's a product that's good for almost every scenario. If you have enough money, get Pure Storage.
                      DF
                      Sr Tech Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
                      Management tools make everything easier and have helped simplify storage

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the fast storage and database.

• "The initial setup was straightforward in the way that it was a database vacuum storage."
                      • "I would rate this solution an eight. There's always room for improvement, nobody is perfect to get a ten out of ten. They do what they do well. It's not cheap but we it's for uses that we needed."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight. There's always room for improvement, nobody is perfect to get a ten out of ten. They do what they do well. It's not cheap but we it's for the uses that we needed. If you're considering this solution, I would tell you to try it.
                      PS
                      Infrastructure Architect at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
                      Web interface is easy to use and we've seen data reduction numbers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the production storage, development, and DR storage.

• "We've had to use tech support on a number of occasions. They did everything remotely and talked us all the way through. They fixed the issue within 30 minutes. Every single time we contact them, they're perfect. I would give their technical support a ten out of ten."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten. If you're considering this solution I would advise you to do a Pure Storage demo and have them put an array in to try.
                        TM
                        ICT Operations Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
                        It has good performance. It is easy to install, understand, and manage with a good ratio of deduplication and compression.

What is our primary use case?

We're providing some ESXi solutions to our customers with high performance.

• "We are very happy with the data deduplication and compression ratio that we have on the platform."
                        • "The console is simple to use. It has good performance. It is easy to install, understand, and manage, with a good ratio of deduplication and compression. It is doing its job."
                        • "They could improve the price."
                        VT
                        Deputy Executive Officer at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
                        Our VDI performance latency has been reduced to microseconds

What is our primary use case?

We use it for VDI.

What other advice do I have?

Try a PoC. Work up a PoC and you will really see a performance improvement. For our purposes, Pure doesn't really simplify storage. We just needed the performance for VDI. Our enterprise system is on another storage system. Overall, I would rate Pure at nine out of ten. I'm leaving them room for improvement but, so far, we are satisfied with Pure Storage.
                        CTO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
                        Makes it vastly easier to do rapid database provisioning without a performance hit

What is our primary use case?

Since we're a database shop, we primarily do databases on Pure. Everything else follows from that.

• "It helps simplify storage. When you're running Pure all-flash, you don't have to do a lot of the old Oracle best practices. You don't have to worry about putting log files on a different disk channel than the data files, and those types of issues... That has made it vastly easier to do large volumes, rapid provisioning in databases, without taking a performance hit."
                        • "We like the data reduction rates. That has been really helpful. You get 4U of Pure storage replacing something like two racks of spinning disks. One of the things that has contributed to that are the data reduction rates."
                        • "The only time that we had problems with it was that there was a bug in the VVol implementation but, outside of that, it has been flawless."

What other advice do I have?

Do it. I have zero reservations about recommending Pure to anyone who is looking for some really good all-flash. Pure is the way to go, for sure. All-flash is great whenever you can get it but I really like the Pure offering. It's very robust. I heard the "chief scientist," the brains of the deal, explain how some of that stuff works at the bit and byte level and, being a computer science major, I thought that was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Pure works pretty well as is. I've been so busy using all the good stuff that it already does. I'm sure it can be improved, but we haven't got…
                        Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
                        Ease of use means our customers don't need special training or integrators to use it

What is our primary use case?

Pure has become the main storage solution for our customers. It is mainly used for our customers' Oracle databases.

• "The ease of use. That's what our customers love. They say it's very easy, they don't need special training, they don't need to call us or any other company or integrator to help them do their job. That's the main reason they purchase Pure."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to buy Pure. I am very excited about this product. I would recommend that anybody who is looking at storage should really look at and consider Pure, and they will probably buy Pure. The performance is great. In terms of latency, you can have failures in the system, and the system can keep performing as if nothing happened. It is a great product with great performance. For me, right now, it is the best storage solution in the market, by far. I would rate Pure a ten out of ten and even 11. I have been in the business for 31 years. In the technology sector, most products are the…
                          IT Director at Obstetrics & Gynecology of Indiana, P.C.
                          This array houses our entire production environment

What is our primary use case?

The Pure Storage array houses our entire production environment. Production consists of VMware 5.5 on three HPE DL360 G7 hosts.

• "It is an SSD array that has awesome performance, low submillisecond latency, and does what it is supposed to do. It just works, which is difficult for things to do anymore."
                          • "Its array houses our entire production environment."
                          • "I would like to see more detailed reporting on the data. However, it would be nice to know what are the exact VMs usage after deduplication and/or what that VMs actual latency and bandwidth is, outside of VMware."
                          MA
                          Strategy Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
                          It automates tasks, so the ease of use is extreme. It simplifies the storage.

What is our primary use case?

Our customers are using Pure Storage to replacing old storage infrastructure.

• "It allows engineers to focus on other things rather than doing the more manual tasks. It automates tasks, so the ease of use is extreme. It simplifies the storage."
                          • "Pure Storage will have issues with positioning in the near future since its a relatively new company. For now, customers need a PoC to trust using the solution, as it can't stand on its brand name alone. They need to improve Pure Storage's marketing."

What other advice do I have?

Pure Storage has the right business model and will be around for a long time. I wouldn't be selling Pure Storage if I didn't know it would be a success for the customer in the end. They use an AI to understand what the capacity of the storage will be, how it will be used, and for maintenance detection. E.g., if the maintenance notices something will be going faulty, it uses its AI capabilities to understand what will happen and when it will happen, so you replace it before it happens. Another point a lot of companies is that it doesn't ever go down, because it will know before this happens…
                          DB
                          Chief Architect at VLSS LLC
                          It helps to simplify storage. After moving to this product, storage becomes an afterthought.

What is our primary use case?

We do a lot of Oracle implementations and getting Oracle workloads to run faster and better. For a lot of our customers, they are looking at Pure Storage for its underlying storage. It makes everything a lot easier for them in terms of increasing performance, lowering operational costs, and making their day-to-day lives easier.

• "Having an intuitive user interface to get things running is great."
                          • "It helps to simplify storage. For most of our customers, when they move to Pure Storage, storage becomes an afterthought."
                          • "We would like to see more development on their Copy Automation Tool (CAT) for Oracle, as well as better integration for our customers running Oracle VM."

What other advice do I have?

Try it out. It is easy to get it up and running, and simple to migrate your Oracle workloads over to run an apples to apples comparison. The performance numbers speak for themselves. If you factor in the ease in terms of operations, as well as the cost of the array compared to other solid state arrays, it becomes a clear positive for Pure Storage. All of our customers are looking at submillisecond latency, which is the common Pure Storage metric, and we have definitely seen it there. Everything has been great in terms of throughput and availability has been fantastic.
                          Principal Product Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
                          Deduplication in the array combined with its snap technologies allows the product to be remotely/manually controlled or scheduled

What is our primary use case?

Most of our customers who use Pure Storage have one of two scenarios: * They have production data with high performance requirements running out of Pure Storage, and they want an efficient way to make a copy of that data onto some other storage for backup and DR purposes. For this scenario, we have integration with Pure Storage that allows us to very efficiently leverage their APIs to capture that data without the need to do things like repeated full copies of that data, leverages their snapshot APIs and differential APIs which tell us what's different from one snap to another to another. *… more »

• "It does efficient work of storing data while still delivering the performance that you would normally expect from a higher priced solution."
                          • "The deduplication in the array combined with its snap technologies allows the product to be remotely/manually controlled or scheduled."
                          • "They have a product, FlashBlade, which is their object storage integration, and that's something that we haven't integrated with yet. This might be an area for additional focus as it would play into scalability, because the very nature of object storage is that it's infinitely scalable."

What other advice do I have?

If I want a product which has reliability and high speed, and Pure Storage is the first name that comes out of my mouth. I recommend them. These days, most storage products, with a few exceptions, are simple to operate. The market has made a huge emphasis on simplicity over the last five to seven years. I don't know that Pure Storage is simpler than anybody else's product, but it certainly is in the category of simple and easy to use.
                          PH
                          Development Manager at Moreton Bay Technology

What is our primary use case?

We sell a SaaS offering of the storage to our customers. We use the storage as our main storage and also as our backup storage.

• "It helps to simplify storage because it has an easy front-end to access everything."
                          • "I would like to get a weekly report of how our storage has been used, and if there is any storage sitting there not being used."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely look at Pure Storage.
                          KH
                          Principal Engineer at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

We use it for virtualization.

• "The stability is very good. I've done destructive testing on it and never had any type of storage outages from it."
                          • "The solution helps to simplify storage."
                          • "The connections are a lot faster than what we had in the past. One InfiniBand does what we did on all of our Fibre Channels."
                          • "Historical analytics would be useful. At the moment, they don't have any type of application built for historical analytics."
                          • "The initial setup was a little complex. We had some initial issues with the design and had to help correct some of the white papers for it, but it wasn't your standard use case."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Pure Storage. We investigated some flash storage implementations for it and based off of the way that the appliance works the added cost of flash doesn't scale with the performance that you get with it, so it hits on our middle ground. It works perfectly for us. We don't need to look at any type of flash storage.
                          RG
                          Senior Director of Databases at a wellness & fitness company with 501-1,000 employees
                          Our databases are considerably faster due to the speed at which it executes I/O

What is our primary use case?

We use Pure Storage for most of our databases, as well as for other application binaries.

• "I have seen a huge increase in speed and performance on our databases."
                          • "It has been very stable. I have not seen or heard of downtime storage issues after moving over to it."
                          • "The support for NFS protocols right out-of-the-box need improvement. I'm used to other storage vendors who have NFS support right out-of-the-box, and Pure Storage doesn't seem to have anything."

What other advice do I have?

Use Pure Storage for databases. I have seen a huge increase in speed and performance on our databases.
                          Infrastructure Manager at MBS Textbook Exchange
                          Maintains consistently lower latency, even when IOPS crank up.

What is our primary use case?

We use Pure Storage FlashArray as the storage for our virtual servers and our reporting databases.

• "The best feature is consistently lower latency, even when IOPS crank up to over 75K. The product maintains submillisecond response time, which is incredible."
                          • "I would like to see a Nagios monitoring plugin which watches the health and performance of the system. The only one available just checks volume capacity."
                          Chief Information, Facility, Purchasing and Services Manager at Roma Metropolitane S.r.l.
                          Some of the features are low latency, inline deduplication, and compression.

What is our primary use case?

Our VDI with VMware Horizon include 100 VM for office and graphics desktop with nVidia GRID, the low latency and the high deduplication permit to reduce storage footprint, power consumption and to increase the consolidation on few VMware Host.

• "The most valuable features are extremely low latency, high IOPS with VMware, inline deduplication and compression."
                          • "I’d love to view the average, minimum and maximum performance in the reports (Analysis tab - Performance) but it is only graphics and you need to export data in CSV to find this information."

What other advice do I have?

Test it in your environment in a PoC or in a Try-and-Buy to check your deduplication and compression ratios. Pure has global deduplication and the reports (Analysis tab - Capacity) are not clear, you don’t know how much Shared Space is used by each LUN but only the “Unique“ Space and the Snapshot Space. I’d love to view the average, minimum and maximum performance in the reports (Analysis tab - Performance) but it is only graphics and you need to export data in CSV to find this information. IPv6 is now fully supported, Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) is added in the latest firmware as…
                          Sr. Systems Engineer at Quarles & Brady LLP
                          User
                          It has made working with storage as easy and simple as it should be

What is our primary use case?

SAN solution for Tier 1 storage for VMware, Exchange, SQL, and physical servers; trying to fit as much production load as possible on them.

• "The amount of data that I have moved to it from legacy storage has enabled us to retire units that are three or four times the physical size."
                          • "The deduplication and compression rates are beyond impressive."
                          • "I never have to worry about its performance or if it is the root cause of an issue."
                          • "It has made working with storage as easy and simple as it should be."
                          • "Just some nit picky stuff, like allowing servers and volumes to be grouped. Therefore, it would easier to work with them in the GUI."

What other advice do I have?

I never have to worry about its performance impacting the firm. It has made working with storage as easy and simple as it should be. I had high expectations and they have met or exceeded each one of them. It was an exciting day when I finally got them up and running.
                          Senior IT Systems Administrator at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
                          The GUI is very easy to use and intuitive

What is our primary use case?

Production storage for a lot of virtual machines. As a service provider, it is very important to have something with this much performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Cuts VM deployment down to seconds.  Cuts latency under MS.  Amazing performance.  Very stable; no worries about how much it can handle.

What is most valuable?

Non-disruptive upgrades: You can upgrade at anytime without worry. The GUI is very easy to use and intuitive.

What needs improvement?

I would like some form of QoS implemented. As a service provider, it would be beneficial to have it.

Storage Solutions Architect IV at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                          The price was slightly higher than others but competitive if you consider all the other features that you get from it

• "Performance, deduplication, compression, and fast response time for requests from servers and applications."

What other advice do I have?

I always recommend a company to start with a proof of concept. That way, you can test your applications directly with the unit. It is critical to get a baseline of the before with your current storage array and after with an SSDA or an AFA.
                            IT Architecture & Infrastructure Consultant at a hospitality company with 5,001-10,000 employees
                            Redundancy and the fault tolerance of the platform are the most impressive.

• "Redundancy and the fault tolerance of the platform are the most impressive."
                            • "The internal garbage collection process has been fixed recently in some OS updates so it is more efficient but that could be just a little better."

What other advice do I have?

The m50 will be our production machine for a brand new property, we have almost finished building. I can personally state that the Pure Storage Flash Systems are the best built and Pure has the utmost professional customer care. Pure only focuses on Flash and they do it well. The FA-450 pushes around 200,000 32k IOPS and with our load, which is not small by any means, we top-out around 50k-60k IOPS. It’s fantastic! We will soon upgrade both boxes to the newer m70 with some added capacity and all of which will take probably 30 minutes to complete.
                            Solutions Architect at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
                            ​Data reduction and compression. Sub millisecond latency.​

How has it helped my organization?

We tested our VDI environment on this array and it performed flawlessly and boosted the user experience.

What is most valuable?

Data reduction and compression. Sub millisecond latency.

What needs improvement?

Had some issues with Purity not being entirely compatible with VMware ESXi.

Had some issues with Purity not being entirely compatible with VMware ESXi.

Very good.We did a PoC.

We use NetApp because of the variety of protocols it can support.

Initial setup was by far the easiest.…
                            IT Program Manager at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                            All updates, upgrades, and hardware work are performed online with no impact

• "All updates, upgrades, and hardware work are all performed on-line with no impact."
                            • "The number of Filesystems is limited, which it is not on the EMC VNX."

What other advice do I have?

The Pure Storage FlashArray is very good. Everything that Pure Storage told me is exactly what we have found to be true. It is the best production and implementation experience I have ever had. Regarding IBM, the sales team was great, as was the technical team. I now feel that EMC VNX and NetApp are both better NAS systems. If I had to do it over again, I would stay with the EMC VNX for NAS. We have not had a good experience with the IBM device. The installation and service were very good. However, the services to help us migrate our NAS data from an existing EMC VNX system have failed once…
                            Information Systems Analyst at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
                            It's got good speed for the price, as it uses eMLC, but it doesn't provide enough performance analytics.

What other advice do I have?

Once you try it, you’ll realize how easy it is to use. It has almost every feature.
                            Vice President, Products and Services with 51-200 employees
                            Comparison of technology-defined storage solutions: max IOPs, raw capacity, total cost, and cost per GB per IOP.
                            Original posted at https://www.freeitdata.com/. Buzzwords suck. That’s right, I said it. Hybrid, All-flash, Converged, Hyper-converged, Data-aware, VM-aware, Software-defined, Object Storage, BigData, Scale-out – we get it, but why is it all so confusing? Or better yet, why is it all so similar? In Spite of the Buzz - A Win for the Customer Despite the overuse of buzzwords and re-classifications, the storage industry has actually seen dramatic improvements over the last 3-4 years. All of these changes are great for the customer. More efficient technologies & more competition have lead to lower operating cost, better pricing, and better solutions. But what good is saving all that time and money implementing and using these products, if it takes just as long to weed…
                            Lead Storage Engineer and Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
                            MSP
                            It currently doesn't support NAS storage (CIFS and NFS), but the dashboard provides everything needed in a single view.

What other advice do I have?

Based on my experience with the product, I would recommend it. I have never experienced an outage with the product or had any support that was below excellent. But there are other products in the market which compete well, however, I do not have any experience with the other products’ pricings and support.
                            Associate Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
                            Very good product but it needs more effective de-duplication techniques

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good product at a very good price, with very good support.
                            Federal Civ/Intel Engineering Lead at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
                            Top Reviewer
                            Pure Storage vs. XtremIO
                            Doing It Again: How Would I POC XtremIO and Pure? We began our hands-on exploration of all-flash arrays in September 2013, and for all intents and purposes, the testing has never really concluded. If I knew then what I know now, I would have conducted a number of tests quickly during the official “Proof of Concept” (POC) phases. All of the below tests are worth doing on the named products, as well as other similar products that official support the actions. Some tests particularly target a product architecture. Where applicable, I’ll note that. As with any storage array, the best and first test should be running real data (day-to-day workloads) atop it. The points build upon that being implied. 1. Capacity: Fill It Up! This test is most practically focused on Pure Storage and its…
                            Storage and Backup Engineer at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
                            A valuable feature is the data reduction capabilities but scalability could be improved

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take the time to perform a POC. There are multiple players in this market right now that have good offerings and specific environments are very different. Also, don’t get sucked into the IO race. At the end of the day, the number of thousands of IO didn’t really have that much impact on our product, because minimum IO reqs were far below anything, any of the arrays advertise and produce. Also, just because an array can do a million IOPs doesn’t mean it is the right fit for your environment. This storage has to be the most well thought out and effective storage that I have had the…
                            Product Categories
                            All-Flash Storage Arrays
                            Download our free Pure Storage FlashArray Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.