Pure Storage FlashBlade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Pure Storage FlashBlade is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top File and Object Storage tools. It is most often compared to Pure Storage FlashArray: Pure Storage FlashBlade vs Pure Storage FlashArray

What is Pure Storage FlashBlade?

FlashBlade is the industry’s most advanced scale-out storage for unstructured data, powered by a modern, massively parallel architecture to consolidate complex data silos (like backup appliances and data lakes) and accelerate tomorrow’s discoveries and insights.

Download the File and Object Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Pure Storage FlashBlade Customers

ServiceNow, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, Dominos, Man AHL

Pure Storage FlashBlade Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pure Storage FlashBlade pricing:
  • "The price is a little high."
  • "In my opinion, we have paid the right price for the product. I don't think that it is too much or too little."
  • "The price of this solution could be made more affordable."
  • "Licensing fees are paid yearly."

JR
Architecte technique at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good technical support and easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a platform of NAS for users that use NFS devices.

• "The initial setup is pretty quick."
  • "Compared to, for example, Hitachi NAS, the solution is not mature at all. It's just in its infancy as far as technology goes."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. We'd recommend the solution to others. It's worked well for us so far. Of course, it would depend on a company's use case and what they need to achieve.
Miroslav Ivanov
IT Business Consultant, Presales Specialist and Solution Designer at Veracomp EOOD
Uses the same platform for connectivity so integration is seamless; solid and very reliable

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases vary but usually we use the solution for cloud-based solutions. We use it for containers, which provide security on premises for our customers to test environments. Most of our customers are medium to large enterprises based in Bulgaria where we are located. We are resellers, distributors and system integrators. We have a partnership with FlashBlade.

• "It uses the same platform for connectivity so integration is seamless."
  • "It's on the expensive side, as expected for a niche product."

What other advice do I have?

There is a 30-day trial period for the product and there is no penalty for the customer if they don't like it. We rarely have issues with it. I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Red Hat, Qumulo and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Otto Warlich
Technical Consultant Storage at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
An easy-to-use storage solution for consolidating fast file and object storage

What is our primary use case?

The customer decides what he wants to do, and then we create a solution for them.

• "It's very easy-to-use."
  • "The feature that we're waiting on is better integration with the cell services."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. I would recommend this solution to other interested companies because it's extremely fast. That's the biggest reason why we recommend it to our customers.
RA
Program Manager at Máxima Medisch Centrum
More volume with a lower footprint that is priced well and has excellent support

• "The most valuable features are the Metro clustering, and disaster recovery."
  • "It would be nice if you could store file-based in the same box with the same technology."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a new storage array, Pure Storage is, what I call 'the new kids on the block' who don't need to pull legacy systems with it. It's the right choice because the former storage we had, VNX and XtremeIO boxes, were about 40 height units in one closet. Now we have a four height unit for the entire storage array, that contains six times the volume of our old storage environment. It's a much lower footprint than before. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Enrico Boseli
CTO at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Fantastic technical support, good product replication, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

This solution is mainly used in a very performance-sensitive environment for enterprise software storage.

What is most valuable?

The main feature I have found to be product replication.

What needs improvement?

There could be improvements in public cloud integration. In the future, one innovation could be for them to make an embedded backup system.

I have been using the solution for a couple of years.

The stability of the solution is really impressive.

The scalability is possible, however, if they could make the process faster to the cloud it would be better.

How are customer service and

LR
Fresh Operations Manager at Jerónimo Martins
Good performance with low latency, scalable, stable, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to interface the backup of the image and file management.

What is most valuable?

It performs well and it is also very fast. There is low latency.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the licensing fees improved as well as the price per terabyte.

I have been working with Pure Storage Flash for approximately three years.

This is a stable solution. I have not had any issues with the stability of Pure Storage FlashBlade.

Pure Storage FlashBlade is very scalable. Currently, we have two customers who are using this solution.

How are customer service and technical