Pure Storage FlashBlade Overview

Pure Storage FlashBlade is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top File and Object Storage tools. It is most often compared to Pure Storage FlashArray: Pure Storage FlashBlade vs Pure Storage FlashArray

What is Pure Storage FlashBlade?

FlashBlade is the industry’s most advanced scale-out storage for unstructured data, powered by a modern, massively parallel architecture to consolidate complex data silos (like backup appliances and data lakes) and accelerate tomorrow’s discoveries and insights.

Pure Storage FlashBlade Buyer's Guide

Download the Pure Storage FlashBlade Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Pure Storage FlashBlade Customers

ServiceNow, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, Dominos, Man AHL

Pure Storage FlashBlade Video

Pure Storage FlashBlade Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Practiced5ea
Practice Manager for Infrastructure at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Dec 31, 2018
It creates a much smaller footprint

What is our primary use case?

We have been using it for data center consolidation. It is our primary source for data center applications: production, development, and test.

• "It has absolutely simplified our storage because the dashboards on the consoles show a clear understanding of where you are, and it is also very easy to provision. This been a big help for our teams."
  • "On our dedupe during our initial buy, we were expecting a number a little higher like 4x. However, we are getting about 3.6. While it is close enough, it doesn't quite hit the numbers. So, this has been a challenge."

What other advice do I have?

It works quite well for us, and I would recommend it. From a standpoint of pure performance, it's moving. We've been very happy with it.
Mudasser Zaheer
Senior Global Manager at DXC Technology
Reseller
Dec 31, 2018
The ease of deployment and management has helped us simplify our storage

What is our primary use case?

It helps our customers with their storage solutions.

• "The ease of deployment and management has helped us simplify our storage. We also do not have to worry about capacity management as much. A lot of these things are native to Pure Storage."
  • "They need better integration with public clouds along with a better hybrid solution."

What other advice do I have?

Pure Storage should be the top contender for certain types of workloads.
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Red Hat, Qumulo and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
StaffSys92a1
Staff System Administrator at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Dec 31, 2018
It simplifies our storage with its simple UI, but I would like to have Snapshots in the next release

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for scratch space.

• "It helps simplify our storage, because the user interface is very simple and the installation is easy."
  • "I would like to have Snapshots and Snapmail in the next release. People who came from a NetApp background, especially expect these features."

What other advice do I have?

We are using it for our scratch space, and it works well for our use case.
VpOfEngic9de
VP of Engineering at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Dec 30, 2018
Works out of the box, fast and scalable with zero-touch maintenance

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the massively scalable flash storage that's close by on our on-premise service.

• "The initial setup was straightforward. If you know how to plug in power and network you're pretty much qualified. They were on site to configure the network, the box to fit into our network architecture. Other than that, we self-managed from there."
  • "The Pure Storage Orchestrator is our biggest pain point at the moment. If we can have more say in future developments of feature sets that we will need to support for our use case, that would be pretty beneficial to us."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a solid eight to nine, it does tick all of the major boxes. Our main concern is just with the little customizations that we need. If someone is considering this solution I would say that for the gap in the market that Pure Storage is going to fill, essentially updating NAS to the 2018s, they excel at that. If you have an existing solution that isn't performing then Pure Storage makes perfect sense to drop into a lot of enterprises.
SeniorTe500e
Senior technical architect at a marketing services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Dec 30, 2018
Haven't had any issues, it's easy to use, and the speed is incredible.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for video editing.

• "Speed and ease of use are the two most valuable features."
  • "I would like to see better integration."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten. We haven't had any issues with it, it's easy to use, and the speed is incredible. I would advise someone considering this solution to buy it.
Gustavo Lima
COO at Santa Lucia
Dec 23, 2018
Plug-and-play, easy to use solution with good cost-benefits

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for storage management.

• "We have seen a reduction in the total cost of ownership by around 20%."
  • "We haven't been able to use much of the cloud area of Pure Storage. We have a storage server and it would be better if it could integrate with other cloud features of this solution."

What other advice do I have?

Nowadays we have plenty of data storage solutions in the market. Pure Storage is very fast, very straightforward. The price was nice. I believe that in terms of at least storage needs, it filled its role very well.
Technicad7c9
Technical Director at Envestnet Yodlee
Dec 23, 2018
Better overall performance and has saved total production storage usage

• "I would rate this solution an eight plus. It has has good flexibility and stability, it's easy to manage and the response time is good."
  • "I would like to see more deduplication."

National4173
National Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Dec 23, 2018
They see a problem coming and alert us even before our own system does

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the database masking and testing.

• "It has also helped to simplify storage for us in the way that it's easy to manage. Their automatic monitoring really helps when things break or are about to break. They see a problem coming and alert us even before our own system does."
  • "In the realm of micro-services, I think that Pure Storage can do well if they start getting in there and making their arrays more micro-services ready."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of performance analytics, due to our own fault, we tend to use a lot of capacity faster than we think. Because of our slow internal processing, we can't add capacity fast enough when we need it. We know it is capable of easily adding capacity. I would rate this solution a nine and a half and I would definitely recommend this solution to a colleague at another company. It's very stable, efficient and it performs very well.