Qlik Compose OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Qlik Compose is #36 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. IT Central Station users give Qlik Compose an average rating of 6 out of 10. Qlik Compose is most commonly compared to Qlik Replicate:Qlik Compose vs Qlik Replicate. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is Qlik Compose?

Qlik Compose comes in two offerings: Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses and Qlik Compose for Data Lakes. Qlik Compose for Data Warehouse automates and streamlines the design, creation, loading, management, and update of data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and Oracle. Qlik Compose for Data Lakes automates the process of providing continuously updated, accurate, and trusted data to big data platforms like Apache Hadoop, Cloudera Customer Data Platform and Databricks Unified Data Analytics Platform.

Qlik Compose was previously known as Compose, Attunity Compose.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Qlik Compose Customers

Poly-Wood

Qlik Compose Video

Qlik Compose Reviews

Hemant Raorane
Technical Architect at Team Computers
Excellent data integration but needs better scheduling and monitoring features

• "As long as you pick the solution that best fits with your requirements, you won't find that performance is a problem. It's good."
  • "The solution has room for improvement in the ETL. They have an ETL, but when it comes to the monitoring portion, Qlik Compose doesn't provide a feature for monitoring."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases can change according to the company and requirements. We originally began using it as a data preparation tool, where you could do a data migration afterward.

How has it helped my organization?

To be frank, there is no right answer to this question right now. This is due to the fact that we have not yet deployed this solution to any of our customers yet. This is largely because Qlik has recently come up with an alternative solution. Compose and Qlik Data Catalyst aren't a complete suite. We also haven't gotten any customers to sign onto using it just yet.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Compose has capabilities to do ETL as well as data integration. If you compare with the Replicate, Replicate can do only data integration it doesn't have ETL capabilities.

The most useful aspect of the solution is that you can have in CDC and ETL. You can also take advantage of storage.

What needs improvement?

The solution has room for improvement in the ETL. They have an ETL, but when it comes to the monitoring portion, Qlik Compose doesn't provide a feature for monitoring. They should have some monitoring features included in it. In case of any job failures, the solution should be on an auto-fix.

There should be the ability to trigger the jobs and schedule them. Qlik Compose can't really do that yet. If you talk about a competitor like Informatica, they do have some scheduling platforms available.

There are basic features in Compose, but not as advanced features for monitoring and scheduling. Monitoring any scheduling features just needs to be in there in the future.

I've been using the solution for almost a year now. The last time I really worked on it was for a POC about 6 months ago.

The solution is stable. When you compare Qlik Compose and Qlik Replicate, if you want to have an integration between the two different sources, it's better to go with Qlik Replicate. However, if you want to have an ETL added into it, then you can go with the Qlik Compose. If you choose that option, you need to be aware that you can't do visualization. If you want to do a complete stack of data integration - with the ETL, as well as visualization - then you need to go with Qlik Data Catalyst. Everything depends upon the business requirements. If I only want the conditioned part, Replicate would be fine. If I required a data integration in terms of only ETL (not visualization), then Compose is better.

The solution can easily handle a lot of data. As soon as you consume the data load, it is easily scalable.

We currently only have two or three users at our organization that have access to the solution. However, it totally depends on the requirements. If we get the requirement that there would be a lot of users, they need to be trained for deployment and development, etc. As of now, this product is still under exploration within our organization.

I've never contacted technical support, so I can't speak to the quality of their service at this time.

We previously used a different solution, and Qlik has since taken it over.

I have experience with Informatica, for example, and Snowflake. I've worked with multiple tools in the past. Qlik is rather new to the market.

The initial setup was not complex. It was quite straightforward.

Deployment is not that hard. You can do it within two hours, or three hours, max. It depends upon how good your knowledge is. For me, it can take even as little as an hour, depending on the setup.

It just takes a few people to deploy it. You don't need a big team. One of my colleagues was a big help. He's a very knowledgeable cloud architect whereas I am an information architect.

I'm a good architect. I have not needed to a consultant. For others, if they needed help or not would depend on certain configurations that may need to get implemented. If you are not from a technical background, then you might require a consultant due to the fact that there are certain parts that need to be stored in configuration files, which need to be done in a proper manner.

I'm not sure of the exact cost structure of the solution. Potential users would have to reach out to the company directly to discuss pricing. My understanding, however, is that you only pay for licensing costs and there are no ancillary fees beyond that.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Qlik.

Right now, I have not worked on the system in a hands-on capacity. I have an architectural understanding of the solution.

Implementing the product is totally dependent upon the business side of an organization. If a company is just mid-scale or smaller in size, Qlik might be perfect. If you have a giant company, then you should aim for bigger products. Qlik Compose only provides for unique capabilities. There are other solutions, like Informatica, which may be better for larger firms with broader needs.

I would rate the solution six out of ten.

RB
Managing Partner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A stable, strong data integration solution

• "I have found it to be a very good, stable, and strong product."
  • "I believe that visual data flow management and the transformation function should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case would be in small projects or in some very straightforward data integration processes, such as the one-to-one replication of databases without complex transformation needs.

What is most valuable?

I have found it to be a very good, stable, and strong product.

What needs improvement?

When you replicate data, you need to transform the data into formats that are easier for querying and reporting, or data warehousing. I think the set of transformation functions can be improved. In large organizations, in particular, there are many dependencies between different paths. So to easily manage the ETL environment, you need to have visual data flow management capabilities. I believe that visual data flow management should be improved.

I used this solution in a couple of projects in the last 15 years.

My impression is that the product is very stable.

I have found customer service/technical support to be good.

I think it would be very straightforward to setup as shown in our test environment.

Product Categories
Data Integration Tools
Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Qlik, Microsoft, WhereScape, and more!