Qlik Sense OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Qlik Sense is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Embedded BI Tools. It is most often compared to Tableau: Qlik Sense vs Tableau

What is Qlik Sense?

Qlik Sense is a business intelligence (BI) and visual analytics platform that supports a range of analytic use cases. Built on Qlik’s unique Associative Engine, it supports a full range of users and use-cases across the life-cycle from data to insight – with self-service analytics, interactive dashboards, conversational analytics, custom and embedded analytics, mobile analytics, and reporting. The solution comes in three different editions - Qlik Sense Enterprise, Business, and Team. Qlik Sense can be deployed in the cloud or on-premises.

Qlik Sense sets the benchmark for third-generation analytics platforms, empowering everyone in organizations to make data-driven decisions. People of all skill levels get unmatched analytical power, with unique associative exploration and search, AI-powered insight suggestions, AI-accelerated creation and data prep, advanced analytics integration, and natural-language, conversational interaction. They can easily share and communicate the insights they discover and get answers anywhere they work – with fully interactive and secure online and offline mobility. And for the enterprise, you get a true platform with open and standard APIs for customization and extension, powerful data integration and connectivity, centralized management and governance, and a Kubernetes based SaaS / multi-cloud architecture driving scalability across combinations of on-premise, private, and public cloud environments.

The Qlik Sense system offers data visualization and discovery for individuals and teams. The software's data discovery tool helps businesses of all sizes explore simple and complex data and find all possible associations in their datasets. With the drag and drop interface, users can create interactive data visualizations to present the outcome in a story form.

Qlik Sense offers a centralized hub from where every user can share and find relevant data analyses. The solution is capable of unifying data from multiple databases including Cloudera Impala, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and Teradata. The Open API also allows developers to embed Qlik Sense into new applications and automate data capturing.

Qlik Sense is also known as QlikSense.

Qlik Sense Buyer's Guide

Download the Qlik Sense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Qlik Sense Customers

Abbvie, Airbus, Barclays, BT Openreach, BMW, Daimler AG, HSBC, IKEA, Nationwide Building Society, Royal Mail Group, Sanofi, Siemens, Wendy'', Vodafone, Volvo

Qlik Sense Video

Archived Qlik Sense Reviews (more than two years old)

TL
BI Project manager at Fixit Gruppe
Good integration and predictive modeling for our clients

• "The integration with R & Python for predictive modeling, and possibly machine learning in the future, is very valuable."
  • "As we are a very process-oriented company, we would like to see more extensions maintained from Qlik, because it's a huge budget problem to choose the right one."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to provide a fast and accurate BI solution for all functional areas. We are building small and simple apps, but also very complex apps. During the time, our clients ware has grown with Qlik and they are asking for more optimized BI solutions to help them in their daily business.

How has it helped my organization?

First, we have changed our mindset from Excel thinking to associative thinking. Next, we've gathered deeper insight into our data. Now, using Apps in Qlik as a navigation tool, we are using hidden opportunities to open new markets and also to reduce costs.

What is most valuable?

Moving from table to graph was a rubicon. After the implementation of all needed extensions, we are receiving only positive feedback and guidelines as to what the next steps are.

What needs improvement?

As we are a very process-oriented company, we would like to see more extensions maintained from Qlik, because it's a huge budget problem to choose the right one. Also, a small set of Qlikview features would be appreciated (such as a simple PDF report directly from Qlik Sense...)

We have been using this solution for almost six years.

We have had no problems during the development and use of any Qlik product.

Qlik Sense and its pricing model can follow any scalability.

Prior to this solution, we used Longview (Arcplan). Very hard to maintain, question-answer concept on the SQL Server basis. We needed an easy to deploy data visualization solution that was mobile-ready and had a strong analytical engine. Qlik Sense was the right one for us.

Our setup was small, yet complex in the beginning. After a few "Wow's" we made some "internal friends" for support. Now we have a very complex deployment with several integrations.

Our first implementation was through a vendor, but now we are a well-educated team that still has a vendor as a support and a coach.

You should make a very deep and detailed analysis of what you really need, analyze integration possibilities onto your current system, review internal knowledge, and build a picture of your future BI system in the next five years.

We also evaluated Tableau before choosing this solution.

Gustavo Alba Garcia
User at radical
Assists with our data-driven philosophy and allows for tasks that were previously impossible

• "The most valuable feature of QlikSense is that you can capture the data without modifying it and then perform the ETL (extract, transform, and load) process."
  • "Currently, we are not very happy with the iPad or iPhone app because it is not working as we want."

What is our primary use case?

I built a pilot in QlikSense for an existing customer with QlikView.

I had to learn all about QlikSense in a short period to develop a complete application. It was very easy and fun for me to jump into a new version of Qlik.

Currently, I love QlikSense and I continue learning about it.

How has it helped my organization?

With QlikSense, our company can tackle some projects that we never could have before. We are improving all areas or departments and we are building a real data-driven philosophy around data and the power of information. A lot of tasks are now very easy, whereas previously they were impossible.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of QlikSense is that you can capture the data without modifying it and then perform the ETL (extract, transform, and load) process. It is all much faster and safer. In addition, it is also easy to connect to any type of data source.

What needs improvement?

Currently, we are not very happy with the iPad or iPhone app because it is not working as we want. It is not very friendly and we very often have login errors.

GeoAnalytics is getting better in each version, but from my point of view, GeoAnalytics has a lot of points to improve.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.
Learn what your peers think about Qlik Sense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jonathan Flores
User
Make interactive dashboards quickly, and provides self-service for our management team

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is dashboard creation and implementation for one of our departments.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense has allowed us to make interactive dashboards quickly. It also enables self-service for our management team to get answers to questions quickly and efficiently.

What is most valuable?

We have found the use of AI to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the learning curve when getting started, but training resources have been growing.

We have been using this solution for two years.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

We have found the use of AI to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for two years.
reviewer1116270
User
Inspires and encourages our users to be more proactive when it comes to using company data

• "This tool not only allows for consumption of the data in a visual way, but also allows the user to modify the question to get new answers."
  • "The product could be improved by implementing a user-feedback ranking system."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to provide my organization with a self-service BI Tool. This tool not only allows for the consumption of the data in a visual way but also allows the user to modify the question to get new answers. This tool is used mainly to show the company data and KPIs using perspectives that are unique to the user.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense has inspired the users to question the data more. They are interested in making sure there is data quality in the sources and has helped make some quick decisions without the need to do repeat analysis. Qlik has saved users time and lowered the number of requests for analysts to perform ad-hoc reporting.

What is most valuable?

I think all of the features in Qlik Sense are vital to the product. I enjoy being able to use the ETL features, as well as the front-end scripting (set-analysis). The most valuable feature is that all pieces work together as a platform that allows you to easily provide BI solutions.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by implementing a user-feedback ranking system. This would inspire the new development to be prioritized by the community so that the most requested features would come first. Power BI (Microsoft) currently uses this solution.

nulluser
User
Has improved our access to data, but support for table formats should be inbuilt

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for business analytics and data representation within our company. Visualizations and dashboards provide an efficient way of quickly obtaining data. It provides a platform on which calculated risks can be taken and important decisions can be made.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us a better user experience and quicker access to data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the mobility and web integration.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support for table formats without having to use an extension.

One year.

We used the QlikView solution prior to this.

What's my

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us a better user experience and quicker access to data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the mobility and web integration.

One year.

We used the QlikView solution prior to this.

In terms of pricing and licensing, I suggest that you do your research.

We evaluated other solutions but chose this one because of its compatibility with QlikView applications.

Srikanth Penumutchu
User
Detects performance issues and suggests appropriate remedial action

• "The UI is very easy to use, with drag and drop self-service analytics."
  • "Advanced graphs or visualizations must be in the built-in product, instead of building with open API extensions or mashups."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for tactical operations, engineering, logistics, and test engineering to improve throughput, delivery, machine performance, and machine availability.

Different departments use the Qlik platform for quick data analysis to improve business operations and assist with meeting customer demand.

How has it helped my organization?

The Qlik BI platform provides quick data analysis to the operations team, which drives them to meet the daily throughput target. It helps our engineers to quickly identify where the bottleneck machines are, and how to resolve the line-hold issues. It also suggests which tasks or actions we need to take in order to fix the problem or to meet our targets.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable functions in this solution, including:

• The second generation in-memory association (QIX) engine
  • Robust data curation and wrangling capabilities in the script
  • The ability to load the data from a wide variety of data sources
  • The UI is very easy to use, with drag and drop self-service analytics
  • It has the highest level of data security at both the row and column levels

What needs improvement?

I would like to see real-time data feed into the dashboard, or report, without any limitations.

The new version upgrades should not contain bugs in the basic, required features.

Advanced graphs or visualizations must be in the built-in product, instead of building with open API extensions or mashups.

QlikSense for four months, and QlikView for eight years.

They have a very good and responsive UI design.

This product deployment works close to a micro-services architecture. So, we scale each service based on requirements and usage.

Customer service is good.

We had been using QlikView and started exploring QlikSense.

Setup and installation of this solution are pretty straightforward.

We performed the implementation in-house with the Qlik team. Their expertise is exceptional.

QlikSense offers a hybrid environment architecture, which is very cost effective based on where the enterprise data resides. The flexible licensing model is based on usage and architecture.

We have evaluated several other BI products in the market.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using QlikSense for the past four months and chose to test out this product after using QlikView for the past eight years.

reviewer1109886
User
An intuitive feel that provides valuable, real time insight into our data

What is our primary use case?

This is an incredible platform that we use for data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

All the necessary information is available to everyone in real time.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use, intuitive and has great power for the exploitation of data.

What needs improvement?

The next version should include more standard integrations.

Two years.

What is our primary use case?

This is an incredible platform that we use for data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

All the necessary information is available to everyone in real time.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The next version should include more standard integrations.

Adam Abwat-Johnson
BI Developer at Soak.com
Easy to use for sales and margin reporting in a retail setting

• "The drag and drop UI has been the most useful to me."
  • "The only thing I would say that comes up is that sometimes it can be a bit buggy."

What is our primary use case?

As a consultant, I used this for a wide variety of use cases. Mainly, the first thing people would look at would be sales and margin reporting, especially in retail (which is the area I work in now). I have also used Qlik Sense as an integration tool to gather data from multiple data sources to be exported and sent to AWS to be picked up by a web marketing tool.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the amount of time it takes to get information out to the business in a few ways. Firstly, by replacing reporting that was done manually in Excel by business users and giving them that time back. Next, by providing cleansed data to analysts so that they can create their own analysis.

What is most valuable?

The drag and drop UI has been the most useful to me. Working previously as a consultant, the self-service wizards for loading data weren't too important, as I knew how to load and manipulate data in the script. However, being able to see a list of the different chart types and fields certainly sped me up in terms of creating dashboards and visualizations.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I would say that comes up is that sometimes it can be a bit buggy. The product updates that come out are fairly regular, which is always nice, but getting bugs here and there that you have to work around can be a bit of a pain at times. This can be taken into account by waiting for a month or two to see if any patches come out (much like with how you would treat Microsoft releases) but if you want to get the latest updates as soon as possible then you need to prepare yourself.

Three years.

The stability is generally good. I haven't had the same sort of instability that I had with QlikView, but that may be a coincidence.

Scalability is pretty good, but it is very RAM and CPU intensive, so you need to keep on top of this.

Customer service/support is good through the partner, as this is the suggested way to receive feedback.

We used QlikView before (and still have some reports on this). We changed when Qlik ran a good promotion to get people to switch. I had used the product before and knew the benefits that come with Qlik Sense (i.e. the easier self-service for business users), so I was happy to get the chance to switch.

Setup is fairly straightforward. We had a single server to put this on, so we were able to just "next" through the setup wizard, other than supplying a few passwords for services.

We implemented ourselves, as I had previous experience doing this. Our partner, who we have used for work, is generally helpful and had a good understanding of the product.

We haven't really measured this, but this will improve once business users are trained to work for themselves.

Licensing can start to get expensive, but compared to other tools in this space it is about average.

We didn't evaluate any other options as the promotion on getting Qlik Sense whilst being a QlikView customer was too good.

What other advice do I have?

I would say when you start with this tool, take the time to prepare the data first before creating reports and showing the business (especially if you are the only one doing this). This will help with getting ready for giving users the ability to create reports themselves, as opposed to them having to ask you all the time.

reviewer1101450
User at a university with 10,001+ employees
Drag-and-drop dashboard building helps to easily create many types of visuals

• "The drag-and-drop dashboard builder is an intuitive interface for building dashboards from source reports."
  • "This solution would be improved by adding some Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Deep Learning (DL) components that are easier to interpret and design."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is making dashboards, executive summaries, and creating an interactive analysis for several teams. Some of these teams are tech-savvy and thus are able to analyze the data themselves. For them, we also provide complex and relational analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has definitely improved our organization. People are able to drill down information, see visual maps, and create a robust analysis. We provide teams with useful information and analysis to aid in decision-making. Using these dashboards, teams are able to make decisions faster than they otherwise could. Also, in some cases, we have overlapping applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the drag-and-drop dashboard building, with many types of visuals. Users are allowed to present multiple reports, side-by-side, using dashboard components on a single dashboard page layout. Dashboard components come in a variety of chart types, and we can customize how data is grouped, summarized, and displayed for each component. The drag-and-drop dashboard builder is an intuitive interface for building dashboards from source reports.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved by adding some Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Deep Learning (DL) components that are easier to interpret and design. Maybe adding a module where we can drag and drop various models, test them in a sandbox, and test the outputs before putting them into production would be helpful.

Two years.

This is a very stable solution.

This solution seems very scalable in terms of data and sharing.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We implemented this solution with an in-house team.

I suggest talking to the Account managers, as they are very resourceful and responsive.

We did not evaluate other solutions before choosing this one.

Managing Director at aufinia consulting
Provides support for our customers with the help of drag and drop dashboard creation

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is making dashboards for customers.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization by making our analysis results available to customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the drag and drop dashboard creation.

What needs improvement?

A valuable improvement for this solution would be the enabling of us to host dashboards for our customers.

Three years.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is making dashboards for customers.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the drag and drop dashboard creation.

Ben Roux
User
The fast and intuitive interactivity of charts and dashboards are invaluable

What is our primary use case?

Applications designed to provide fast and reliable access to financial reports and client profile analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

• It provides the ability to integrate our applications with ERP web-based frameworks.
  • It also gives us the opportunity to develop our apps to be used on mobile smartphones and tablets.

What is most valuable?

The fast and intuitive interactivity of charts and dashboards and the ability to create your own stories in a report.

What needs improvement?

Better visualization options on charts such as pivot tables, and better control over total lines in the pivot and straight tables without the need to download extensions to accomplish this task.

Still implementing.

We use QlikView at the moment, but QlikSense is more modern and can be integrated with web-based systems.

Mohamed Abdel Rhman
R&D Supervisor at Ofissoft
I like the Excel exporting on the same view and selection of exported graphs

What is our primary use case?

Building data models and dashboards for my company clients Installation and support of Qlik Sense servers Maintaining these servers  Building a new dashboard  What-if scenarios, according to business needs.

How has it helped my organization?

A great analysis tool helps us in many ways for showing the great potential of our ERP through Qlik tools.

What is most valuable?

Drag and drop  Excel exporting on the same view and selection of exported graphs Multi-data source connectivity.

What needs improvement?

Real online analytics (OLAP) Better implementation of map charts Incremental data load solution for better time saving.

Three to five years.

What is our primary use case?

• Building data models and dashboards for my company clients
  • Installation and support of Qlik Sense servers
  • Maintaining these servers
  • Building a new dashboard
  • What-if scenarios, according to business needs.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Drag and drop
  • Excel exporting on the same view and selection of exported graphs
  • Multi-data source connectivity.

What needs improvement?

• Real online analytics (OLAP)
  • Better implementation of map charts
  • Incremental data load solution for better time saving.

Jay Pandya
Operations and Delivery Leader at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to create a dashboard with live data and make decisions based on the information provided

• "We can generate various graphs, various reports and we can mainly use it for dashboard related things. We can create a dashboard with live data and we can make decisions based on this information,"
  • "I would like for it to be more of a plug and play with all of the tools and sources. It would make it much easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for analytical purposes, like business queries and service management queries.

What is most valuable?

We can generate various graphs, various reports and we can mainly use it for dashboard related things. We can create a dashboard with live data and we can make decisions based on this information.

What needs improvement?

It should take less time to margin my reports and they should have reusability of existing data to make it easier for coding.

The stability is quite good, we have not experienced any downtime or slowness.

In regards to scalability, we'll see if we can have a more concurrent user and speed will be as good as what we're experiencing now. As soon as we put more load connections, we hope that it has the same outcomes. Right now, we have less than 50 users but our plan is to increase by almost four times to 100 in our first year and down the line, it would be 300 plus.

Technical support is quite good. It's comparatively really nice.

The initial setup was easy. It's easy to install and user-friendly. The deployment didn't take more than two weeks.

We deployed in-house. We required two staff members.

Licensing is quite good, easy, but slightly expensive. We'll keep increasing the number of users and then we can probably get better discounts.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

reviewer1035873
User

What is our primary use case?

I am part of the advanced analysis team, and we use the tool for descriptive and predictive analyses.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the work of our team, thanks to the ability to manage complex models and thanks to the possibility of integration with different needs.

What is most valuable?

The most useful features are undoubtedly multi-device adaptability, extensions to predictive and geospatial analysis.

What needs improvement?

I believe that the area in which the product could be improved is the part related to programming and its language, which is certainly complex and still not very guided.

Prasad Mundewadi
Senior BI Systems Analyst at PTC
Has made our business users empowered to build their own reports with minimal IT intervention.

What is our primary use case?

• Used by our business users for day to day reports
  • Users build their own apps
  • Users also consume apps built by the IT team.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik has made our business users empowered to build their own reports with minimal IT intervention.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use and learn: gets the users up and running with a basic training session
  • Agile: quick to develop an app and iterate on
  • Stable: stability with a large number of users.

All the above have made users very happy.

What needs improvement?

• More visualizations
  • Automated report delivery
  • Cross app data sharing
  • Easy app sharing options with specific users.

Great.

It's scalable but adds more coat.

Good so far.

No previous solutions.

Simple.

Vendor Axis. Good level of expertise.

Great.

• Setup time was very quick and easy
  • The cost was similar to other vendors.

reviewer931206
User at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
User

What is our primary use case?

We needed a secure, dynamic place for our branch staff to view details about their respective branches. Be it how they manage cash to how well they are performing with respect to their goals, Qlik Sense is an excellent tool for meeting all our various needs.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense is becoming the go-to place to view data. We are relying less on Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

What is most valuable?

Though, I haven't used them a lot. I love the variables feature. Placing buttons on my sheets creates a unique user experience and clears up clutter at the same time.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I am not really a fan of the set analysis. It's its own language that doesn't quite make a whole lot of sense to me at this point. I wish it were more intuitive.

it_user872292
Manager at a financial services firm
User
Provides data to decision-makers in a safe visual environment

What is our primary use case?

Two environments: one for ad hoc and discovery usage and the other for production (consumption). We use the product for ad hoc discovery work and exposing curating data sets/models to our business.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization by providing data to decision-makers in a safe visual environment.

What is most valuable?

The exposure of the OpenAPIs gives greater flexibility in how we implement across both environments.

What needs improvement?

The management console appearance needs improvement to its look. The navigation is quite clunky and outdated.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

• The management console appearance needs improvement to its look.
  • The navigation is quite clunky and outdated.

Christopher Eliasen
Manager - Business Intelligence Solutions at Renewal by Andersen
The ETL component allows us to pull from many different sources

• "The ETL component allows us to pull from many different sources, making pulling data in easy."

What is our primary use case?

We run Qlik Sense and NPrinting on four Azure VMs as an independent BI platform to get at trapped data.

What is most valuable?

Its break-even is only two years.

Costs are a little high on the license/token side. However, if you look at the TCO, it is not too bad, particularly against Power BI

We been using Qlik Sense Enterprise for two and a half years. It has been one of the best decisions we made. We were suffering form trapped data and multiple sources both inside and outside of the firewall. We needed something with a powerful (yet easy to understand and use) ETL component, and this fit the bill.

Senior Software Engineer at L&T Infotech
    Its set analysis calculates complex queries into simple terms

What is our primary use case?

Qlik Sense is a very nice, intelligent product. I connect with transaction data, and it has an excellent user interface.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense helps us increase our organization's customer relationships and brings in more projects.

What is most valuable?

Set analysis is a powerful scripting functionality which calculates complex queries into simple terms. Also, the ease of building it.

What needs improvement?

Qlik Sense should have a conversion tool which automatically converts QlikView to Qlik Sense, so customers can easily migrate between the products of Qlik.

Assistant Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    Gives all inventory details in real-time, but the bookmarking needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our sales reps are using it in the field to get updated information on inventory details when reaching out to our warehouse to fulfill stock.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense has helped us in getting all inventory details in real-time ready for our sales reps to order and fulfill our inventory based on demand. The dashboards have been really helpful in getting our data insights.

What is most valuable?

Custom scripting in Qlik is great, which is useful when customizing the tool in different ways to suit our needs.

What needs improvement?

Bookmarking Data load screen More real-time analysis, like Power BI Easier ways to push data into product for viewing second-by-second data.

Three to five…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

• Bookmarking
    • Data load screen
    • More real-time analysis, like Power BI
    • Easier ways to push data into product for viewing second-by-second data.

Project Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    End users can adjust their analysis with a few simple clicks

What is our primary use case?

Business analytics: We have an on-premise server architecture, using Qlik Sense and NPrinting, delivering on-demand analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

Faster time to delivery utilizing useful charts and graphs, which allows for on-demand generation of analytical data in tables, graphs, and charts.

What is most valuable?

Ease of development: Delivery of useful analytics in a shorter period of time.  End users can adjust their analysis with a few simple clicks.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more types of visual elements and better configuration options for additional flexibility when developing charts.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Ease of development: Delivery of useful analytics in a shorter period of time.
    • End users can adjust their analysis with a few simple clicks.

Manager, BI Strategy and Architecture at PayPal
    Has proven to be flexible, powerful, and friendly to both developers and end users

What is our primary use case?

Provide DIY solutions to business users who are knowledgeable (or just like to tinker with their own reporting designs), based on standardized, aggregated data sets to support consistent analytics across the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

Still getting there, but the availability of KPI monitoring on demand has led to improvements in data visibility and understanding of the value of reliable data insights.

What is most valuable?

• Access to multiple data sources
    • Ability to design modular solutions
    • Ability to implement a flexible data model that is accessible to knowledgeable users.
    • In addition, the new capabilities in Qlik Sense introduced in Spring 2018 have expanded its capabilities significantly.  And the "mash-up" capability with QlikView and Qlik Sense allows the best of both in a single solution.

What needs improvement?

Qlik's data handling could still use some strengthening, flexibility, and overall improvement. As a long-time data architect, I cannot overly stress how much the product could be improved by the addition of a more powerful data engine.

Still implementing.

Occasionally, the software does behave somewhat erratically. However, I find this to be true of every platform. Qlik has done a good job of maintaining stability while supporting remarkable growth.

No, not in the software. Scalability issues have arisen only because we have more projects that could use this power than we have IT resources to support them.

Qlik has always shown excellent service, from the communities to its partners to Qlik itself. They obviously value their customers.

While I have hit a few problems that seemed new to the tech support teams, I've had a habit of doing that with other platforms over the years. Their tech support is excellent.

When they cannot solve a problem immediately, they make sure to stay in touch with us and, honestly, relate both the issues and their status. I can be patient as long as the support team is open with me. Qlik is.

I've used multiple solutions in BI. Qlik has proven to be flexible, powerful, and friendly to both developers and end users.

Initial setup was very straightforward, and the online resources helped with any issues we encountered ramping up.

This was an in-house implementation following a vendor-support QlikView implementation. The vendor was a Qlik partner and has been excellent.

Calculating ROI is always difficult in BI, and we have never agreed on a final formula or result.

Pay close attention to your licensing needs, especially when determining your requirements for developers vs users. Qlik offers excellent options, but you have to know your own requirements for them to help you.

Multiple other options were and have been considered.

What other advice do I have?

Keep building and always turn to your colleagues in the Qlik community when you need assistance.

Qlik: Keep up the good work, but I mean what I say about your data engine. It could stand some enhancement. I would never recommend anyone away from your product because of it, but adding power would only increase your products' abilities and ultimate success.

Strategy & Solutions Manager at Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation
    Creates quick, accurate consolidated dashboards in all operational BUs and client-facing teams

• "The flexibility of a non-IT developed solution allows for fast to market solutions."
    • "We have had an easy time supplying content to our customers."
    • "It needs continued improvement on its visualizations and content customization."
    • "I would like to more easily themed environments."

What is our primary use case?

My organization implemented Qlik Sense as a SEED platform to replace our current BI tools and reporting platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to create quick, accurate consolidated dashboards in all operational BUs and client-facing teams.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility of a non-IT developed solution allows for fast to market solutions. We also have had an easy time supplying content to our customers.

What needs improvement?

It needs continued improvement on its visualizations and content customization. I would also like to more easily themed environments.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Support has been fantastic. They are always helpful and quick.

Our previous solution was too difficult to use when obtaining new content.

The initial setup was easy.

Qlik provided a great implementation solutions team.

Our ROI is strong. We do not have a dollar for dollar comparison, but we are better at providing service which has stabilized customer relations which were previously tense.

Know your needs when going into the purchasing decision.

We evaluated Sisense and Tableau.

Tiffany Andrisani
    Data Analyst at Qosina
    A clear and easy way to understand graphics

• "It connects very simply​ to data sources."
    • "Qlik Sense has given us visibility into our data to make informed decisions."
    • "I wish the product had the ability for slightly more customization. The out-of-the box charts and visualizations are fantastic, but I want to be able to tweak it without having to add outside extensions and widgets."

What is our primary use case?

Implemented Qlik Sense in an enterprise environment of approximately 60 users. We migrated from QlikView where the tool was primarily used by high level management.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik Sense has given us visibility into our data to make informed decisions. We are able to compile data for insights into metrics that we had not seen before on a large scale. Perhaps only one or two users were still getting their insights of data compiled into an Excel spreadsheet.

What is most valuable?

• It is very simple to make charts and master measures.
    • A clear and easy way to understand graphics.
    • It connects very simply to data sources.

What needs improvement?

I wish the product had the ability for slightly more customization. The out-of-the box charts and visualizations are fantastic, but I want to be able to tweak it without having to add outside extensions and widgets.

it_user853770
    IT Application Development Manager at BorgWarner Inc.
    User
    The time it takes to deliver a dashboard is real quick

What is our primary use case?

Visualising manufacturing related data for different departments. We have created dashboards for accounts receivable, department-wise spend, inventory, sales, and production.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik has made life easier by visualising data. Most of the data was not being used. It was just sitting in the database. With Qlik, we are able to make use of it.

What is most valuable?

User-friendly The time it takes to deliver a dashboard is real "Quik". Can pull the data from different sources. Scalable

What needs improvement?

Data modelling automation needs improvement.  There are some tools like Alteryx, which are used for data preparation. These features can be built into Qlik to make the process smoother.

For how long have I used

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• User-friendly
    • The time it takes to deliver a dashboard is real "Quik".
    • Can pull the data from different sources.
    • Scalable

What needs improvement?

Data modelling automation needs improvement.

Financial Analyst at Rockford Orthopedic Associates, LTD.
    GeoAnalytics gives us opportunities to see how we are trending and explore new opportunities

• "It has allowed us to manage our staff more effectively and frees up time for our analysts to analyze new problems and opportunities."
    • "The GeoAnalytics paints such a clear picture. It provides a visual of our patient volume, giving us opportunities to see how we are trending in the surrounding cities, and making us more aware of locations that we need to focus more on."
    • "Better searching capabilities would be a nice addition."
    • "There are occasional stability problems, but Qlik support is excellent at correcting anything that arises."

What is our primary use case?

• Automates monthly reporting.
    • Improves time to market.
    • Explore new opportunities through GeoAnalytics.
    • Provides better patient care at all times.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The GeoAnalytics paints such a clear picture. It provides a visual of our patient volume, giving us opportunities to see how we are trending in the surrounding cities, and making us more aware of locations that we need to focus more on.

What needs improvement?

There are still some functionalities that have not carried over from QlikView, but it is getting close. From where it was a few years ago to today is a dramatic improvement.

Better searching capabilities would be a nice addition.

No scalability issues.

Our experience with the support team has been fantastic.

No prior BI tool was present.

The setup was rather straightforward.

We implemented with a vendor team who had a low level of expertise.

It is still too early to tell.

The costs can initially become quite high. Make sure you have a clear understanding of who will truly use the product as opposed to someone that will simply receive the end report.

A few others were considered, but I do not remember the names.

Director Business Intelligence at Bridgehampton National Bank (BNB)
    Data-driven decisions are now easier

• "Business users have been able to use the BI self-serve model."
    • "Data-driven decisions are now easier."
    • "Integrated maps should become part of the Qlik Sense, as opposed to buying an additional module just to power the BI, which has it built-in natively within the application."

What is our primary use case?

Qlik Sense visualizations are amazing. Training users on how to use Qlik Sense is a breeze as compared to some other BI tools, which require much more hand-holding.

How has it helped my organization?

• Data-driven decisions are now easier.
    • The ease of use is tremendous.
    • Business users have been able to use the BI self-serve model.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and visualizations are some of its key features. Data prep tools are also very helpful for our developers.

What needs improvement?

Integrated maps should become part of the Qlik Sense, as opposed to buying an additional module just to power the BI, which has it built-in natively within the application.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

The support team is great.

We previously used Power BI.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We implemented with an in-house team.

None.

The new licensing model is much better.

We evaluated Power BI.

Business Intelligence Analyst at Teachers Credit Union
    On the fly questions can be answered with the "Qlik" of a button

• "On the fly questions can be answered with the "Qlik" of a button and drive forward discussions about policy, mission, and goals."
    • "It automates recurring processes to save time and money."
    • "Ultra-customization: It needs no limits on which charts can have x amount of dimensions, y amount of measures, z amount of color expressions, etc."

What is our primary use case?

• Developing dashboards for departments to track progress.
    • Automating recurring processes to save time and money.
    • Offering intricate data analysis to drive business decisions.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to present data about our company and membership in ways that has never been seen before. On the fly questions can be answered with the "Qlik" of a button and drive forward discussions about policy, mission, and goals. This is now a thing of the present, not of the future.

What is most valuable?

GeoAnalytics is the most useful feature. The Master Items and the ability to change colors and themes based on expressions are also useful features. We can use either from an immediate data upload from CSV or Excel, or we can load them from our own databases.

What needs improvement?

Ultra-customization: It needs no limits on which charts can have x amount of dimensions, y amount of measures, z amount of color expressions, etc. Sometimes, it is frustrating when I want to add a field to an existing chart, only to find that it cannot be added and it requires a new chart type.

Business Intelligence Director at Tanimura & Antle Fresh Foods
    Accesses data from multiple sources in one application

• "It is very easy to use, and the Qlik data engine has been able to handle everything we have thrown at it."
    • "The ability to access data from multiple sources in one application. This has been invaluable."
    • "I would like to see more native features from QlikView integrated into Qlik Sense."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is creating dashboards for various departments throughout the company. We use data from VMware servers, SQL Server data, JD Edwards ERP data, text files from vendors, web-based data from IoT devices, and more.

How has it helped my organization?

Our users now have insight into their data, whereas before they only received reports and data from queries. They would then paste this information into Excel to create reports. Now, their reporting can be done in a more ad hoc fashion with almost instantaneous results.

We realized our first success by looking at data for conveyors attached to harvest machines. We noticed that the conveyors were actually slowing down the process of packing the products in the field. After reviewing the data in Qlik, our harvest supervisors removed the conveyors and efficiency immediately improved.

What is most valuable?

The ability to access data from multiple sources in one application. This has been invaluable. Qlik makes this easy in the load script editor or in the data manager.  You can pick a data source from the wizard or create it yourself. It is very easy to use, and the Qlik data engine has been able to handle everything we have thrown at it.

What needs improvement?

The product is constantly being improved upon.

Ayodele-Makun
    Pre-Sales Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Drag and drop feature, and extension capabilities derived from the Qlik API are key

• "Takes the super features of QlikView ETL capabilities to a whole new level with its new drag and drop feature, and extension capabilities derived from the robust Qlik API."
    • "For a deployment scenario, Qlik Sense is also very easy to use. I can start development from any platform, on-premise or cloud, and continue from where I left off."

How has it helped my organization?

As a Qlik consultant, I have been using QlikView to design management dashboards but with Qlik Sense it offers more.

What is most valuable?

This is amazing product takes the super features of QlikView ETL capabilities to a whole new level with its new drag and drop feature, and extension capabilities derived from the robust Qlik API.

What needs improvement?

None at the moment. Qlik Sense for me combines the power of QlikView and the ease of use of Tableau.

No stability issues at the moment.

Just like QlikView, Qlik Sense has developed best practices to hasten and manage BI projects.

The Qlik community is very vibrant and you find or get answers to most issues to get you started.

With Qlik Sense, setup is pretty straightforward. For personal use, the desktop version is absolutely free, and you can share visualizations with others and to a personal cloud space, though limited with storage space.

For a deployment scenario, Qlik Sense is also very easy to use. I can start development from any platform, on-premise or cloud, and continue from            where I left off.

Qlik Sense pricing and licensing is like that of QlikView. It's on the high side for a small company, but it’s competitive among its peers. Use of licenses (referred to as tokens) is a bit confusing. There is a login access pass for infrequent or anonymous access.

As a consultant in the area of business intelligence and data analytics, I have had to personally evaluate Qlik Sense against other self-service BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and MicroStrategy.

What other advice do I have?

Invest in memory and RAM for the PC or server you intend to use Qlik Sense on. Ensure you have all the necessary resources and connectors installed for proprietary databases as well, if you are keen on some form of integration to web/projects.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Qlik Partner.
      IT specialist at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
      Flexible data loading, in-memory processing, and Set Analysis are key for us

• "The product has many great features like easy and fast implementation, flexible data loading, and in-memory processing, but the Set Analysis is what I think is the most valuable. It makes the product very powerful."
      • "Branding is not the product's strongest point. More control over the presentation colors would be great. A basic printing function would also be good. Easy connection to external tools like R Server would be nice."

How has it helped my organization?

It gives a great overview of our assets and commitments and makes cash flow control much easier.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

• Branding is not the product's strongest point. More control over the presentation colors would be great.
      • A basic printing function would also be good.
      • Easy connection to external tools like R Server would be nice.

Three to five years.

No stability issues encountered.

No, I have good control over the server the product is running on.

I have not used Qlik tech support. I use the reseller.

No, we did not have previous solution (except Excel).

Initial setup was done by a consultant.

I believe pricing is similar to other products in the same category, if you have it on-premise.

Tableau, Power BI, SSAS, Targit, and some open-source projects like BIRT and Jaspersoft.

What other advice do I have?

I lean toward self-service BI tools. Look at the tools with the data you have, where you can store it, and how easily you can get local support and community support.

James-Anderson
      Business Development/Medical Economics at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees

• "We began to see how our processes and other team's processes were negatively affecting the bottom line. We were able to provide tips to other teams to help improve their processes."
      • "We were able to identify easy things, such as when a contract was loaded incorrectly."

What is our primary use case?

Within the University of Miami healthcare system (UHealth), we wanted to see a high level view of our contracting performance. We currently are utilizing multiple systems of truth. We utilize the Advisory Board's PIC (Payment Integrity Compass) system to model all of our hospital contracts. For professional services, we use Experian's modeling tool. We wanted to consolidate all these different inputs of expected payment values into one view or report. There was a need to compare expected contractual values with actual over time.

It helps our team get better at predicting the future if we continue to monitor and follow. Our hope is that actual values would materialize from our expected values.

How has it helped my organization?

In our own wheelhouse, we were able to identify easy things, such as when a contract was loaded incorrectly. We also began to see how our processes and other team's processes were negatively affecting the bottom line. We were able to provide tips to other teams to help improve their processes.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense data visualization building gives users tons of insight and connections that they may not have thought about. When you start play and building with knowledge that is presented, it just begs for more.

What needs improvement?

Trending percentage volume over time in a new way, instead of using multiple pie charts, just have a percent scale and line that shows the percent change over time.

The ability to free form visualizations without coding, I know it is a tall order.  There is so much right about Qlik Sense that it is hard to ask for improvements.

Less than one year.

The product is super stable. We have no issues

With memory and disk space being so cheap, we have not had an issue

Excellent support with constant communications.

I previously used a combination of SQL and Crystal reports. It takes a lot more time and effort to get similar results. Qlik does much of the work for you, like a great assistant.

The initial setup is very quick and simple.

Vendor assistance.

Currently, our ROI is clear and concise decision-making. This timely addition will easily add $15 million to our bottom line in 2017.

You will spend more time on educating your staff than licensing the product.  Ultimately, the cost is low, and it implements fast. The limiting factor is how quickly your staff can keep up.

I looked at Power BI and Tableau. Both were missing many things, including the academic healthcare community and expertise around Epic.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool for those companies or institutions that really want to empower their users to do great things.

Supervisor of Business Intelligence at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
        Build quick wins with simple data driving insights

• "The overall ability to build quick wins with simple data to drive insights."
        • "Dates. My goodness, working with dates in set analysis can be a nightmare! Much room for improvement."

What is most valuable?

The overall ability to build quick wins with simple data to drive insights.

How has it helped my organization?

We are still new in rolling out dashboards. We still have an estimated 9,500 hours worth of data discovery and application building based on our needs assessment with internal business clients.

One year.

Yes, we are still working to get things set up properly with our nodes and load balancing.

No issues.

No issues.

An eight out of 10.

Complex, multi-node environment, with security certificate errors. I went to upgrade and had to wipe everything, then start fresh. Issues were non-allowed characters were in our password.

We used a vendor team for installation. Their expertise was a seven out of 10.

Not applicable.

Start small with tokens. You can always buy more.

Yes, Tableau, Alteryx, and Microsoft Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

It is worth the frustration, but do not underestimate the difficulty of working with dates in set analysis.

Application Support at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
        It is user-friendly and easy to read

• "Qlik Sense is much more user-friendly and easier to read then QlikView."
        • "Possibly offering some more basic, simpler templates."

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense is much more user-friendly and easier to read then QlikView.

How has it helped my organization?

We currently use QlikView for much of our business needs, for example, we use QlikView for our inventory tracking. However, there are other departments in which the need for such extensive tracking is not needed. These users are looking for reports or KPIs that they can share with their teams that are easily read.

What needs improvement?

Possibly offering some more basic, simpler templates. We have some users who have some technical proficiency but others who may just want to create a simple graph or pie chart from the data they have been given. It would be nice to be able to break down the templates by user type: beginner, intermediate, or advanced. Therefore, the administrator can allow the end-user some flexibility based on their technical knowledge. This should allow the user to have more control over how they would like to see the data they need and be able to understand it easily.

We have used it off and on for the past few years but have only recently been discussing incorporating some Qlik Sense along with our current QlikView.

Not yet.

A nine out of 10.

We currently use QlikView.

We use the basic free version now. We have not implemented it yet.

Not applicable.

The cost is not bad considering the flexibility and support you receive from Qlik. I believe it is worth the cost.

Tableau.

Senior Analyst at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
        It has an easy to use interface, a powerful extraction process, and a rich API and web integration capabilities, which are some of its most valuable features

• "Leveraging and reusability of already existing QlikView assets and knowledge."
        • "Multi-server deployment: not just cloud, but on premise too, and hybrid. Needs lighter protocols to communicate between the different services and with the clients."

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use interface
        • Leveraging and reusability of already existing QlikView assets and knowledge
        • Powerful data extraction process
        • Rich API and web integration capabilities
        • Performance

How has it helped my organization?

Reducing the number of Excel spreadsheets in house, or at the very least, improving the accuracy of the numbers in those Excel spreadsheets (which come as exports from Qlik charts).

What needs improvement?

Multi-server computing: the QIX engine is still "limited" to the power of one single computer. While this power increases with better CPUs and bigger and faster memories, data demands even faster handling, only achievable by leveraging on several computers to crunch the numbers.

Data sources connectivity, natively: Drivers tailored to how Qlik processes data and how the sources provide it.

Governance: On the reactive side, see how each node in my development is doing, on the proactive side the ability to spin up new instances for the different needs in different moments (extraction, or data handling in memory or report distribution). Have a unique, central library of apps, but also measures and dimensions which can be used across the different sets of apps. Natively built in tools to analyze who is accessing where, when, providing better insights on apps seldom used and those who are massively accessed, and allowing to provision resources and make these apps more accessible and improve the user experience.

Licensing: Review the named model and move towards a usage model (e.g., cores, memory, computers, API calls, etc.).

More than three years.

Yes, with initial versions.

Mentioned in the area for improvement: Large data sets and sources of data, large applications are limited to a single server (instance or virtual machine).

Good.

Depends highly on the people attending the call, from excellent to poor.

I was not part of this process.

Coming from QlikView, it took some time to get accustomed to new interfaces and functionalities, but all-in-all, quite straightforward. Anyway, Qlik Sense is not QlikView, and the architectural changes require some thought upfront, not just install the server and get it working.

To implement, we used Qlik Consulting Services as well as in-house people, like me.

Cannot measure that.

Triple check with the Qlik Sales Department about your current needs, often smaller than the definitive ones, allowing you to scale the price. Chase them to provide the best solution to your needs, not just a discount, but the one that meets your company requirements (and eventually more).

I was not part of this process.

What other advice do I have?

I have to disclaim that I worked for Qlik in the past, although today I'm a Qlik customer and also a user of other BI technologies in the SAP ecosystem.

Business Intelligence Data Analyst at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
        Provides valuable info with business intelligence analytics

What is most valuable?

Complex data modeling Qlik DataMarket

How has it helped my organization?

Automated a lot of manual reports to save business users' time. Provides valuable info with business intelligence analytics.

What needs improvement?

Reload time is a limit since everyone wants real-time data.

One year for Qlik Sense.

Takes up a lot of memory.

Customer Service: A nine out of 10. Technical Support: A nine out of 10.

QlikView. Qlik…

What is most valuable?

• Complex data modeling
        • Qlik DataMarket

How has it helped my organization?

• Automated a lot of manual reports to save business users' time.
        • Provides valuable info with business intelligence analytics.

What needs improvement?

Reload time is a limit since everyone wants real-time data.

One year for Qlik Sense.

Takes up a lot of memory.

A nine out of 10.

QlikView. Qlik Sense is a newer version, and more user-friendly, with no charge for servers.

Vendor Team using virtual-consulting, which is not very efficient.

I don't know.

Licensing could be cheaper.

Yes, Tableau.

What other advice do I have?

I am very excited about the future generations of Qlik Sense and Qlik Market.

Manager Global IT Architecture at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
        Provides self-Service use of the desktop version with the ability to port applications into the server environment

• "Self-service use of the desktop version with the ability to port applications into the server environment."
        • "Ability for the administrator to approve Community Sheets in the QMC and then move them into base sheets."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Much more information is now available when meeting with vendors to discuss issues and trends.

What needs improvement?

We have used this solution for approximately 16 months.

There were no deployment issues. It was easy to install with good on-line directions.

There were stability issues. The former synchronized persistence failed and caused database corruption.

There are no scalability issues. RIM nodes are easy to add and performance monitoring is built into QMC.

There is good customer service. There are no issues and they are very responsive.

Technical support is decent. There is a lot of passing around to other other technicians for escalation.

We did not use a previous solution.

The initial setup was not complex. Just make sure to understand the architecture and use the online server planning tools.

We used an in-house team, although the server architecture was planned with the Qlik architecture team.

Understand the break over price point for switching to the Enterprise license.

We evaluated Tableau, Power BI, and Lumira.

What other advice do I have?

Utilize the resources Qlik has online. The white papers, support site, and training are all very good and worth the effort.

Provides self-Service capabilities for inexperienced users using the free desktop version

What is most valuable?

Provides self-service capabilities for inexperienced users using the free desktop version.

How has it helped my organization?

Gives significant visibility into vendor quality of service.

What needs improvement?

Enables the approval of community sheets in QMC.

We have been using this solution for 16 months.

There were no issues with deployment. It was fairly easy and well-documented.

The shared synchronization failed between servers.

There were no scalabilty issues. It is easy to add RIM nodes as needed.

How are customer service and

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Gives significant visibility into vendor quality of service.

What needs improvement?

Enables the approval of community sheets in QMC.

We have been using this solution for 16 months.

There were no issues with deployment. It was fairly easy and well-documented.

The shared synchronization failed between servers.

There were no scalabilty issues. It is easy to add RIM nodes as needed.

Customer service is decent. There is a lot of passing off to other techs during the escalation process.

I would give technical support a rating of C+.

We did not use other solutions, but we did test several solutions prior to going with Qlik Sense.

The setup was straightforward. We used a Qlik architect for the initial design.

We implemented in-house.

We are working on this. A lot of value is coming through warranty data analysis.

You need to determine the break-even point for enterprise licenses early on.

We evaluated Alteryx and Lumira.

Procesbeheerder - afdeling ICT at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
        The quick reporting is very valuable.

What is most valuable?

Quick reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Logistics work more efficient in real-time data.

What needs improvement?

More options for the layout.

1 year

Not really.

Not really. The solution is scalable.

Customer Service: 7/10 Technical Support: 8/10

We did not look at any other solutions.

Not complex, straightforward.

What was our

What is most valuable?

Quick reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Logistics work more efficient in real-time data.

What needs improvement?

More options for the layout.

1 year

Not really.

Not really. The solution is scalable.

7/10

8/10

We did not look at any other solutions.

Not complex, straightforward.

3 years

The solution is worth it.

We did not.

What other advice do I have?

Keep following the chosen direction.

Nahum Ben Binyamin
        IT Manager at a reseller with 51-200 employees
        You can build a very nice dashboard and/or report very quickly, even if your data is scattered between different files or even platforms.

• "You can build a very nice dashboard and/or report very quickly."
        • "Qlik has a fast learning curve due to great online training resources (Qlik continuous classroom), but those are lacking the advance features like building extensions and using the API."

What is most valuable?

Rapid Development is the most valuable feature to my humble opinion. You can build a very nice dashboard and/or report very quickly (simple reports can be ready in a matter of minutes!) even if your data is scattered between different files or even platform (excels, DB, etc.)

How has it helped my organization?

1. Managed to aggregate data from several separate legacy and cloud systems into one dashboard to validate expected correlation and insights.

2. Managed to save valuable time to managers by building automated quarterly report, which serve them in the business plan meetings with their reps.

What needs improvement?

1. Qlik Sense (as for ver 3.1) is still missing some key functionality that Qlikview has.

2. Qlik has a fast learning curve due to great online training resources (Qlik continuous classroom), but those are lacking the advance features like building extensions and using the API.

QlikView - 2 years

QlikSense - 1 year

Was not involved in the deployment of the tools.

Not with the Qlik server.

I did found out that our daily backup process fail to backup QVW files from the desktop.

Cannot rate since I hadn't used it yet.

Technical support is very good due to the large active community.

Most of the technical advise which I implemented came from posts of members in the community.

No, I didn't use any other solution previously.

I was only involved in the setup of the desktop edition tools, and they are straightforward.

Used mixed teams. The vendor employees are very experienced and professionals.

If you have users that don't need/want to do self-service analytics (which is the main advantage of Qlik Sense), consider buying less licenses for Qlik Sense and instead by a license for Nprinting tool (also a product of Qlik) which can be used to build and automatically send periodical reports extracted directly from the solution you already developed in QlikView.

No, I wasn't on the team who did the evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

Qlik is using what they call "Associative Model". While this is what give Qlik one of its benefits and for you (the developer/user) the ease of building rapid dashboard and reports, Make sure you truly understand this "Associative Model" before you are stepping into the role of building the data model for the solution.

Financial Analyst at Rockford Orthopedic Associates, LTD.
        Makes it simple to design graphs on the fly.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense makes it simple to design graphs on the fly in very little time.

How has it helped my organization?

It has cut the production time of creating reports from hours to minutes.

What needs improvement?

Visually, Qlik Sense has some bugs that prevents the user from being able to customize fonts and certain layouts. When a total column is added it bolds the second column instead of the total column. It looks poor from a presentation standpoint. Additionally, you cannot customize the font type, color, or size.

We have been using Qlik Sense for five months.

There were some deployment issues but nothing that was not correctable.

Initially, we had issues with reloads failing but have not experienced any stability issues for multiple months since then.

We are not encountering any scalability issues at this time.

The customer service is excellent and definitely care about the client.

I have not had to use the technical support.

We did not use a comparable product prior to using Qlik Sense.

The initial setup was somewhat challenging but we worked with a consultant to ease the burden.

The vendor was very good with implementing but we have not had great success with them through the build process.

We have not determined our ROI at this point.

Find out how many users will actually be in Qlik Sense on a daily basis as opposed to users that only want to see a set display at scheduled frequency. If they want to see a set display, I would suggest using NPrinting and not buying the individual a license.

Some other options were evaluated but I do not recall the names of the other BI tools.

What other advice do I have?

It is a significant time commitment on the front end, so plan accordingly.

it_user665919
        Senior Business Intelligence Manager at a pharma/biotech company
        In general, they have the advantage of an associative data model.

What is most valuable?

Qlik in general have the advantage of an associative data model.

In addition, Qlik Sense offers (if set up in the right way) an easy-to-use, end-user, self-service solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We integrate Qlik as an EU-wide BI tool. Acceptance was never an issue due to the ease of use and user interface.

What needs improvement?

The "vanilla" Qlik Sense tool is limited in some areas. There are extensions for nearly everything; however, it comes at a cost if you still want to be sure these extensions still work after a Qlik update.

I have used Qlik Sense now for ~2 years.

The only issue we encountered were made internally (server, performance...).

I give the customer service a 9/10.

Technical support is the same, 9/10 (very satisfied).

We used MicroStrategy but in comparison to Qlik, it was way too complicated and slow.

We implemented it with the help of a vendor team. Based on the experiences and the final result, it was straightforward and (still) great support.

Depending of the company size, of course, an enterprise license model makes sense.

Prices from Qlik are in general high; however, there are more and more other vendors who offers the same support. Nonetheless, I recommend to check experience level beforehand, as not all Qlik-certified partners have the same level of quality, in my opinion.

What other advice do I have?

I'm very satisfied with Sense; however, I prefer Qlik View even more at the moment due to some limitations with Sense (please see the area for improvements section).

it_user668328
        P&C Underwriting Analyst at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
        The mapping capabilities within the GeoAnalytics extension are valuable.

What is most valuable?

GeoAnalytics

How has it helped my organization?

The mapping capabilities within the GeoAnalytics extension have been a game changer. I no longer have to do that analysis in different tools and then bring it into our BI solution.

What needs improvement?

This tool is difficult for novices. You really have to have a good understanding of set analysis to put together a polished product.

I have used it for 18 months.

We encountered deployment issues with server performance.

We encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability…

What is most valuable?

• GeoAnalytics

What needs improvement?

I have used it for 18 months.

We encountered deployment issues with server performance.

We encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service has been good and everything has been hands-on.

This type of interaction with Qlik is done in another area of my organization.

I previously used Tableau. However, Qlik got things right by designing a platform first.

An in-house team implemented it.

It's really difficult for me to quantify ROI because this is an enterprise solution for my company and I don't even know every area that implemented it.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Tableau .

Director, Supply Chain Services Operations at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
        The QIX engine performance speed is a valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

QlikSense has drastically and dramatically made our analytical function more efficient. The QIX engine delivers performance speeds that are simply unmatched by any other BI tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik has, simply but strongly put, removed a significant amount of our time spent engineering data and given that time back to our team to analyze and draw insights that drive decisions and outcomes for our company and for the healthcare industry.

What needs improvement?

If Qlik can further unify its products into a single platform, there would be no stopping them!

We started using QlikView in 2013 and have begun work with Qlik Sense in the past year.

We did not encounter any deployment issues.

Only when our usage outgrew our physical environment (server size) did we have stability issues.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

From the support group to the extensive user community network, we have received excellent support and customer service when faced with environmental or development issues or questions.

The support is thorough.

Prior to Qlik, our data modelling and reporting process consisted of SQL -> MS Access -> MS Excel -> MS PowerPoint; when requests or report criteria would change, that vicious cycle would be repeated and sometimes it was painfully labor-intensive. Qlik optimized the data engineering aspect and packaged that entire process into one place.

Our initial setup was straightforward in the sense that our team leveraged Qlik for internal efficiency only. After time, we built our confidence in our external work and usage spread like wildfire.

We implemented through a vendor, who was very knowledgeable with BI and Qlik.

Qlik output operates at the capacity of multiple FTEs. The "faster" time to analyses and insights, and the single source of truth nature of that output has led to better business decisions and faster revenue recognition.

Build some expansion and user growth into your initial purchase.

We had other tools in use so were asked to try those first. MicroStrategy and Domo just didn't meet our expectations. Tableau was close on the front-end, visualization aspect but lacked the speed and power on the back end.

Director Business Intelligence at Bridgehampton National Bank (BNB)
        The storytelling features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use Storytelling

How has it helped my organization?

It provides insight into data never achieved with the use of traditional tools such as Excel.

What needs improvement?

Font management

I have used it for six months.

We have not encountered any deployment issues so far.

To date, we have not encountered any stability issues.

To date, we have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is excellent. Technical Support: Technical support is excellent. …

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
        • Storytelling

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

• Font management

I have used it for six months.

We have not encountered any deployment issues so far.

To date, we have not encountered any stability issues.

To date, we have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent.

• Excel-based reporting to more engaging tools such as Qlik

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

A third-party consultant helped with the installation.

We are still in the process of measuring ROI.

I don't have enough experience to address pricing and licensing at this time.

Before choosing, we only experimented with Qlik.

What other advice do I have?

It's an easy-to-use solution that gives business users incredible insight into your business.

Senior Research Analyst at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
        Ease of use and connectivity to Qlik platform products are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and connectivity to Qlik platform products are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

Able to provide quick solutions to meet analytical demands

What needs improvement?

More options in the non-scripting data load

I have used it for nine months.

I do not know if we encountered deployment issues.

I do not know if we encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I do not know whether a different solution was previously…

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

• Able to provide quick solutions to meet analytical demands

What needs improvement?

• More options in the non-scripting data load

I have used it for nine months.

I do not know if we encountered deployment issues.

I do not know if we encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I do not know whether a different solution was previously used.

I do not know whether other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

It is a fast-growing new solution for self-service BI.

Data Analyst at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
        Provides code compatibility with QlikView.

What is most valuable?

• Great code compatibility with existing QlikView product.
        • Intuitive interface makes it easy to dive in.

How has it helped my organization?

Allowed us to consolidate many diverse data sets into a single customer view.

What needs improvement?

• Making it as user friendly as possible

I have been using Qlik Sense for a relatively short time, about six months.

As we were using QlikView already, when Qlik Sense came out, the main issue was how to port from QlikView to Qlik Sense, and whether it was indeed necessary

We did not encounter any stability issues at all.

We did not encounter any scalability issues at all.

I have not had any direct contact with customer service but the online community is very active and helpful.

Unsure; technical support is handled by our administrator.

We previously used QlikView (and still use it for some of our internal users).

Having had familiarity with QlikView for a few years already, initial setup was straightforward to get to grips with the basics of Qlik Sense; other areas, like connecting to data sources, will need some investigation to get to grips with when I have the time.

I had a bit of mentoring early on by a now-luminary of Qlik but I am essentially self-taught; all in-house development.

I do not know; ROI is very hard to quantify.

Pricing and licensing is handled by our administrator.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. We already had QlikView, so it was a natural addition to that.

What other advice do I have?

Highly recommended; be prepared to immerse yourself in it when you start off.

Manager Business Intelligence at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
        Non-technical users would get bogged down trying to set up expressions.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use

What needs improvement?

Set analysis "language" leaves a lot to be desired; non-technical users wanted full features but would get bogged down trying to set up expressions, requiring unplanned help.

Visuals change when exported; not compatible with other products other than Qlik.

Must have Qlik tools to use Qlik files.

I’m referring to the script expressions in the visualizations. Explaining or working through something like below to an everyday user was tedious, and time consuming. Plus, it did not leverage the skillset of our developers, and switching gears from our working environment (SQL Server, Visual Studio) to a Qlik scenario was a real pain.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

Data must be well staged or Qlik has trouble loading and relating data sources.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

There was nothing that was being created - except for some of the geospatial/map features - that couldn't be done in Excel.

A combination of a vendor team and an in-house team implemented it; mostly in-house.

• Sunset the product; moving on to another product.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. A salesperson got a hold on some people outside of IT/BI; need I say more.

What other advice do I have?

It's an easy-to-use, fun visualization tool; probably best suited for prototyping. We explained this to Qlik Sense sales and were told we probably over bought.

Lead QlikView Architect/Manager at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
        The self-service BI capabilities are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Self-service BI capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

Faster information delivery and enhanced decision making are examples of how it has improved the way my organization functions.

Customer Service: Customer…

What is most valuable?

• Self-service BI capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

• More functionality which can be built in instead of third-party vendor API/extensions

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is very good.

Technical support is good.

We previously used QlikView. We switched because QlikSense has better visualization capabilities.

• More decision making
        • Cost saving
        • Program development for more sales and revenue generation

It has the best pricing and licensing.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options.

Capacity Analyst at a security firm with 10,001+ employees
        I like the charts and tables and how they interconnect.

What is most valuable?

The charts and tables and how they interconnect. The speed at which you can drill down into a single row of data amongst 100s of millions like we have is amazing.

How has it helped my organization?

We can now view where and how we lose hours (ie. vacation, bereavement, sickness, training, union business, etc.)

What needs improvement?

Training resources in print.

1.5 years

Customer Service: They're good, but sometimes lack in responding on time. Technical Support: 5/10 - really needs improvement, we can't be expected to spend large amounts of…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Training resources in print.

1.5 years

They're good, but sometimes lack in responding on time.

5/10 - really needs improvement, we can't be expected to spend large amounts of money in consulting fees every time we need something, especially when you're not providing training resources.

I'm not the IT administrator, so can't really answer that.

In-house.

Hard to measure that.

Yes, we looked at Domo and QlikView.

it_user167142
        Data Analyst at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

Extensions have been particularly useful in my opinion. The reason being you can simply find out if there are any other external graphs or charts out there that have been built by the community and you can simply add them into your dashboard. One nifty extension that I've discovered recently was developed by the folks at NarrativeScience (https://www.narrativescience.com/), which adds context to the diagram you have.

How has it helped my organization?

We've deployed to many of our internal stakeholders and they simply love it, due to the simplicity and ease of use. From the development side, we enjoyed using it because you can easily visualize the data that you have into something consumable to the business users.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I'd like to see added is the ability to store back data into the database based on the selections a user has made. For example, if I have segmented my consumers by certain dimensions using the dashboard, I'd like to be able to store my selected segments directly to the database instead of having to export the list out via PDF or XLSX.

I've been using it for about a year now.

The only issue with scalability that I can see is that you can't export more than 1,000,000 cells at a time.

I was not involved in deployment. The setup of the desktop version, however, is your standard Windows installation process - nothing fancy.

We evaluated Tableau and Qlik View prior to using Qlik Sense. The reason we didn't use Tableau was its limitation from the extension perspective: It wasn't able to produce the sort of graph that we wanted. QlikView and Qlik Sense did have the graph we needed via it's extension feature, but we deemed Qlik Sense to be more visually appealing and thus opted for the latter (plus it's also much cheaper).

Ed Dallal
        Founder, CEO, & President at Krystal Sekurity
        Although the ability to modify on the fly is one of the reasons we switched to Qlik Sense, this feature has some room for improvement.

What is most valuable?

• · Enhanced data profiling – Improved profiling and auto creation of geographic data, plus smarter algorithms for identifying associations

· More powerful data prep – New graphical capability for loading pivot tables, pre-filtering of data, and a more powerful scripting environment

· User experience improvements – A new UI theme, drag-and-drop coloring, and improved search performance

How has it helped my organization?

It has empowered business users. Less dependence on IT for reports and analytical charts.

What needs improvement?

Being able to share and modifying on the fly can be improved.

I've only recently started using QlikSense. Now its been 9 months-it is amazing and intuitive, very easy to use.

It's excellent.

It's very good.

We switched because of the ease of use and it's ability to update on the fly.

It was straightforward.

We implemented it in-house.

It's to early for us to tell, but it's very exciting.

It didn't cost us anything to setup or use on a day to day basis.

• Tableau

What other advice do I have?

QlikSense is really intuitive, easy to use and implement with very rich graphics. Adding the ability to share print and export is a great plus in v2.0.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a Qlik OEM partner.
        BI Expert at a tech services company
        Implementation is fast and users can simply make their own analysis. I miss dynamic expression or sheet name labels.

What is most valuable?

Fast implementation, easy to use and allows users to make their own analysis in a very simple way.

What needs improvement?

I miss some of the functions found in their previous product, QlikView, such as dynamic (written by a function) expression or sheet name labels in order to create multi-language applications.

We have been implementing Qlik Sense for two years.

There were some bugs. Most of them were fixed with newer versions.

This area has to improve. Technical support is at a low level.

I used to implement QlikView. The main advantages of Qlik Sense are responsive design and that it is easier to use.

Installation and other setup are really straightforward.

I work for a tech services company and I would say there are still more "in-house" implementations with our support and guidance.

I like the pricing because it is very clear.

What other advice do I have?

No specific advice, but I would say "go for it". :)

I have never had a disappointed customer.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Qlik partner.
        Sr Programmer Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
        It allows us to prototype immediately during a meeting with internal clients.

What is most valuable?

• Rapid application development
        • Easy visualization
        • User-friendly interface
        • Quick deployment

How has it helped my organization?

We can prototype immediately during a meeting with internal clients, and within hours have the first release candidate.

What needs improvement?

• Better data integration
        • Real ETL capabilities, such as storing end results data into a database instead of a proprietary file system

As of today, QlikView and QlikSense are only capable of storing the end result/staging data to a proprietary file (QVD).  No other tool, outside of Qlik, is able to read these files.

The tools perform very well but there is the inconvenience of being bound to only use Qlik tools in order to read your data.

We have used it for POCs for about one year, and on department projects for about six months.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Excellent customer service experience.

• Oracle BI (OBIEE)
        • Cognos (IBM Advance Analytics)
        • SAS (for data visualization)

A development environment was up and running within minutes.

The first proof of concept was implemented in house, then we switched to a third-party contractor (SME). It was an excellent choice; projects move much faster and ROI improved too.

You can appreciate major ROI within three months.

In terms of pricing, start small, create your first prototype, make it very local, and then expand as much as needed for your organization to consume and adopt.

What other advice do I have?

Install the product, try it. If you can get a hold of a third-party consultant or professional services, go ahead and do it. I recommend SME.

Partner at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
        It has a modern user interface and extensive integration capabilities. Sometimes, sessions close down before the timeout limit.

What is most valuable?

Modern user interface and integration capabilities are the most valuable features of the product, to me.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved the way my organization functions by spreading the use of BI.

I have used Qlik Sense 2.2 for one year.

We have some problems with sessions closing down before the timeout limit.

I rate technical support 10/10.

We used MS Analysis Server & MS Reporting Services for some years and compared to Qlik products, it was inflexible, old-fashioned and slow.

Initial…

How has it helped my organization?

I have used Qlik Sense 2.2 for one year.

We have some problems with sessions closing down before the timeout limit.

I rate technical support 10/10.

Initial setup was straightforward as an all-in-one product, compared to Microsoft’s product stack.

An in-house team implemented it.

In the starter pack, you get a lot and the ROI is definitely less than a year.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an online reporting and analysis BI product. Not to use only as a report generator; it's far more useful than that.

it_user421155
        Solution Engineer - QlikView/Qlik Sense at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
        It provides ETL and associative search functions. They should add more chart options. You have to use a lot of APIs to make up for the limitations.

Valuable Features

• Connect to multiple sources of data without needing ETL prior to load
        • Ability to create complex data joins within the script
        • ETL features
        • Ability to do complex data representation (set analysis)
        • Ease of opening documents and connecting to data sources
        • Ease of creating dashboard objects
        • Smart search
        • Associative search
        • Storyboarding
        • Scalability
        • Responsive design

Room for Improvement

It needs to allow for customization of the dashboard objects and tabs. They should add more chart options, which are still very limited. You have to use a lot of APIs to make up for the limitations. Also, I’d like to see live connections.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for six months.

Chart legends as well as the axis titles disappear when charts are not full size.

Customer service and technical support are very good.

Initial setup simplicity or complexity depends on the project and the systems already in place. As for the tool itself, initial setup is straightforward.

Implementation Team

I have implemented it in-house and with a vendor team. Business needs need to be fully understood and documented. Most of the issues have always been data related. The development team and the business HAVE to get a full understanding of what the data is, where it is stored, and how it is stored. BUSINESS RULES and a DATA DICTIONARY are a must.

Other Solutions Considered

Among Tableau, QlikView, and Qlik Sense, I prefer QlikView, due to its higher customization capabilities, its associative nature, and its ETL features.

Other Advice

Standardization in design/development is crucial. FULL communication and documentation with EVERYONE is needed. I don’t know how much time has been lost or efforts duplicated because of a lack of all this.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company has an alliance with the vendor.
        Arthur Kancelarovicz
        BI Specialist at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
        I like the possibility of generating in-memory insights using self-service data connections with any database.

What is most valuable?

The possibility of generating in-memory insights using self-service data connections with any database. Also, creating beautiful dashboards and analysis to use in business presentations, gaining value with trusted and solid information generated by the ETL In-Memory tool.

How has it helped my organization?

It shows us our client’s profile, our best services and what areas are not satisfying the target. Also, it gives us a better sense of market needs, using non-structured data (like social media, government data).

What needs improvement?

It needs a more robust way to connect and share the "big-data" origin. It also needs an easy-to-develop interface for creating new charts and tools in business dashboards.

Version 1: 8 months, Version 2: 4 months.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Qlik has incredible consulting people and comprehensive support professionals, solving and clarifying any questions.

We used (and continue to use) SAP Business Objects 4.1 Edge (and all the embedded tools...). We acquired the SAP BO licenses to initialize our business intelligence project. But, our bigger problem is using lot-and-not-linked tools to generate insights. Some of our needs are only answered by Explorer, another only by Dashboard Design (Xcelsius – and it’s so old...), another only by Lumira (and can’t be viewed on LaunchPad – The Web-Portal of BO - forcing users to install the app on their machines without mobile support).

Qlik Sense is an easy-to-install tool, like Next-Next-Finish!

We installed it by ourselves, only viewing the vendor’s documentation to make sure we’re using the correct parameters. It is a good way to start; always see what the vendor’s site has in their documentation area.

Our employees no longer have to search for information in many systems and/or use a web search; they can just go to the BI platform and do a lot of analysis by just clicking. So, with this time savings, our ROI is more than 100% - a lucrative investment.

Before looking at the pricing/licensing, research all of the employees’ needs. Make a matrix with their needs and the available BI platforms on the market, checking which platform addresses the way your business way-to-do. Then, determine which users will use the platform to see information, to create information and to build information.

What other advice do I have?

Just test before you buy. All BI platforms have a lot of functionalities and, also, a lot of needs.

it_user319260
        R&D Manager and Co-Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
        It can analyze huge quantities of data. Predictive analysis is still not available.

What is most valuable?

It uses an associative engine + an in-memory environment:

• I don't have to calculate hypercubes.
        • Allows data exploration in directions not predefined.
        • Can analyze huge quantities of data.

What needs improvement?

Predictive analysis is still not available and we need a different approach toward data analysis.

We have been using Qlik Sense for a few months, and QlikView for four years.

We only encountered deployment issues with Qlik Sense Server, because it's an enterprise product and needs to be strongly configured.

We had no problems with scaling.

Technical support is poor: We definitely use community support.

I used Pentaho and SpagoBI for a while, but they were unstable, due to Java versions and application server environments (Tomcat, GlassFish, NetBeans and so on).

For Qlik, we started with very simple setups. Then, through strong field experience, we approached more complex scenarios.

We implemented it in-house. We designed a set of implementation rules.

ROI is good because of short time-to-market.

Pricing is according to Qlik license fees and an applied partner discount.

What other advice do I have?

Take practice courses and use community suggestions.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company, Ethica System s.r.l., is a Qlik Partner and reseller
        IT Analyst at a government with 501-1,000 employees
        Build nice mobile/desktop panels with no code and get new graphics from Github

Valuable Features

Its ease of use. No code is necessary to build a nice panel that works for desktops and mobiles.

You can add customized graphics made by the Github community! (branch.qlik.com)

Improvements to My Organization

Previous Qlikview panels were rebuilt using Qlik Sense, spending 1/10 of the time.

Room for Improvement

It needs more statistical functions similar to those that Qlikview has.

Use of Solution

I've used it for the last year.

We've had no issues deploying it.

We've had no issues with the stability.

Qlik Sense has the option to use the Qlik Cloud as a repository that enables you to show your panel or presentation anywhere if you don't have a server.

The Qlik community is the best way to improve, fix and learn the product. Qlik releases new version constantly.

You just need to click next, next, choose your directory and finish.

Implementation Team

We have only implemented the cloud version.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

As it is easy to share without the document constraints of Qlikview, buying it will be necessary only for future publications under our corporate site.

Other Solutions Considered

Qlik Sense is aligned to compete with Tableau "shoulder to shoulder".

Other Advice

It is a great product for people who don't need deep stats and have no programming background. Qlik cloud's performance is an issue, as it has no costs - the resources are shared.

A view at a glance of Brazilian ports dockings:

Software Developer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
        Drill down, drill down, drill down.

Valuable Features:

Drill down, drill down, drill down.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our policy makers can quickly and easily make sense of the mounds of data we have for them.

Room for Improvement:

It would be nice to have a better system for help tickets than a community forum. sometimes you just want some answers from someone who works for the company itself.

Valuable Features:

Drill down, drill down, drill down.

Improvements to My Organization: