Quadient Inspire OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quadient Inspire is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Customer Communications Management (CCM) tools. It is most often compared to OpenText Exstream: Quadient Inspire vs OpenText Exstream

What is Quadient Inspire?

Quadient is the driving force behind the world’s most meaningful customer experiences. Quadient helps companies create a nimble, effective, and unified customer communications infrastructure to deliver a complete omnichannel customer experience that spans the entire customer journey. With Quadient Inspire, organizations create and deliver personalized, compliant customer communications across all digital and traditional channels, from one centralized hub.

Quadient Inspire is also known as GMC Software Inspire.

Quadient Inspire Buyer's Guide

Download the Quadient Inspire Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Quadient Inspire Customers

Aetna, Allstate, Bradesco, Stralfors, Ping An Bank, KPMG, Aegon, Allison Payment Systems, TenStep, Pacific Life, Metlife, Transamerica, Societe Generale, Canacord Genuity, Pondres, Heeter, DTS Communicate, Melbourne Mail Management, Eximia, Brightsource, Salem One, Epsilon Data Management

Quadient Inspire Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Quadient Inspire pricing:
  • "I can tell from my personal experience that if you know how to use the software, the return on investment comes in a really short time."

Quadient Inspire Reviews

David Adams A1SP
Digital Print Programmer at A1 Security Print
Makes it much easier to label items clearly and introduce new options later without having to fundamentally alter what has been done previously

• "The user-friendly way that workflows in Quadient Inspire can be composed and organized goes a long way towards minimizing the time spent creating complex tasks, thus creating more available programming time/capacity for new jobs. While original scripting knowledge is preferential to using the tool effectively, the modular structure and GUI interface makes it much easier to grasp than otherwise might have been the case."
  • "The de-bug/help system is quite ambiguous at times and only works if you know where to look, but I find that its search facility is perhaps not as extensive as it might be and often returns fairly random results unless the search terms used are very specific."

What is our primary use case?

We are a Security Print business producing the world’s most important documentation for a wide variety of different clients who require input and output in numerous formats and volumes. This often involves spreadsheets and text file sources or captures from documents such as PDFs. From there we use Quadient to manipulate these records in any number of ways to fulfill the clients' requirements to produce numerous types of documents that contain all sorts of programmed security features. The capabilities of Quadient allow for us to create inline packing manifests and labels for despatch not only mainly in the UK but also around the world.

How has it helped my organization?

Previous solutions we had implemented before Quadient were tiresome in their use with painfully slow processing speeds by comparison. In one example, a task that would have taken a couple of hours previously had been reduced to just a few minutes with various output types that cater to all of our needs. It has allowed us to market for work that previously we would not have been able to produce. Arming our sales team with more options when going to market against competitors. This has been a resounding success in our organization when it comes to winning more niche contracts.

What is most valuable?

The user-friendly way that workflows in Quadient Inspire can be composed and organized goes a long way towards minimizing the time spent creating complex tasks, thus creating more available programming time/capacity for new jobs. While original scripting knowledge is preferential to using the tool effectively, the modular structure and GUI interface makes it much easier to grasp than otherwise might have been the case. It also makes it much easier to label items clearly and introduce new options later without having to fundamentally alter what has been done previously.

What needs improvement?

However, it should be pointed out that the provider does have a very good support network in place with expert users proving most helpful. Quadient University and the Quad are valuable resources where experienced users are on hand to provide prompt solutions to even complex problems; even sometimes going to the lengths of creating example workflows and scripts to carry out the required task.

I personally have been using Quadient Inspire for around seven years.

Our organisation has been using Inspire for several years now with me joining from another company that used Quadient 18 months ago. We have been enormously impressed with the consistency of performance. We occasionally come across some system crashes usually when we have a script error and the program finds itself in a continuous loop, which can be a pain if you haven’t saved your work. In terms of the system itself, I cannot recall any major issues we have suffered regarding its stability.

Within our organisation Quadient has radically improved our setup and processing efficiency and has enabled us to offer clients options and turnaround schedules that would not have been possible previously (Print, PDF, Email, Data etc.). We have completed tasks of wide-ranging scales and complexities with a highly impressive performance from Quadient Inspire, with regular high volume jobs not causing us any issues in processing.

As we have increased our usage of Inspire we decided to expand it (We recently purchased the PDF output licence), we have obviously been presented with more challenges that we have not faced before. However, the online support forums and Quadient direct support has proved invaluable many times with very helpful users not only on hand to expertly solve our problems, but occasionally even prepared to construct and supply example workflows aiding us through the initial build process.

The previous tool we used was called Pres. This was much too cumbersome to use it did not contain a GUI visual and was entirely script/code until output. This was deemed not to be efficient in helping us meet our clients' requirements promptly and effectively. Processing times also proved to be a problem, especially when we began to appreciate the power of Quadient Inspire.

Given that this was a significant change this was a smooth process. Thanks in part to the intuitive structure of the product itself, and also to the help we received from the provider, this process went much more smoothly than might have been expected. It was only when we had to move the legacy jobs from Pres to Quadient we saw a time impact but this was inevitable.

We implemented through a vendor and would recommend they were very helpful.

I don’t know the exact ROI that the organisation has with Quadient. But it is clear with the organisation willing to invest in it further even in this current economic climate that its return is far outweighing its investment.

I do not have the costing and licensing details available to me, but I have been made aware that due to the vastly improved performance and efficiency compared to previous methods, the product has vastly returned on the organisations investment.

We evaluated the upgrade to Pres alongside a program that Xerox use that’s their upgrade on VIPP I believe but both couldn’t offer what Quadient did.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I have for anyone thinking of investing in Quadient Inspire, I can recommend it to anyone considering it as a solution for anyone in the Print/Mail/Comms industry it is a must. It is easy to “Stick to what you know” but believe me in this case the grass is greener.

Tomaž Juvančič
Consultant at Tomaž Juvančič s.p.
Centralization of their document resources and templates drastically reduces the number of templates/workflows, as well as maintenance costs

• "Its easy-to-learn scripting possibilities give unlimited possibilities for any task."
  • "What can be improved are the new additions to the solution."

What is our primary use case?

I am an independent consultant, serving companies in the region with Quadient Inspire. I have performed many migrations of document workflows for banks, insurance companies, Telcos, and PSPs.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest benefit for all companies switching their document systems to Quadient Inspire is centralization of their document resources and templates. This drastically reduces the number of templates/workflows, as well as their maintenance costs. Often this means reducing the number of templates from hundreds to tens.

What is most valuable?

This most valuable features of this solution are that it is truly multi-channel and completely modular.

Without programming skills you can start creating your data transforming operations, layout design and page operations such as splitting, merging, and combining the output in any desired way. Plus, its easy-to-learn scripting possibilities give unlimited possibilities for any task. There is one workflow for all corporate outputs - print, mail, SMS, HTML.

What needs improvement?

Quadient has always been a leader in innovation, and the existing functionality that has been around for at least two years cannot really be improved further.

What can be improved are the new additions to the solution.

Seventeen years.

In terms of stability, this product has never let me down in fourteen years. The Designer can "crash" here and there (maybe once a year), but only in cases where I really exaggerated (for instance, data mining a several-gigabyte file). Even if this happens, all of the progress is saved and I never lost any of my work.

The scalability is awesome! You can add anything at any time. New engines for more volume. You can add any output engine you can possibly think of to "standard" PDF output (from PS, AFP, DocX, Image, hard to list all of them...)

The technical support is fantastic.

Our solution prior to this was a long, long time ago (around 2003, I think). We used a different document composition software in the Telco that I was working for. That software couldn't satisfy our requests for splitting PDFs.

When I first saw the Quadient solution (at the time it was called GMC PrintNetT 4.5), I was amazed by its performance. With the click of a button, it could generate millions of PDF files, ready to be archived.

I don't personally do installations - this is done by company IT with the help of Quadient. I only use it once it is installed. I would say you need a competent integrator to properly set up all of the possible parts.

The return of investment really depends on your company output. I have personally led projects where we cut postage costs by 40%. Any postage costs are HUGE in big companies. I have seen cases where after the implementation of Quadient, the decrease in maintenance costs (personnel) was more than 50%.

This is just the beginning. New possibilities with Dynamic output content and integration with your mobile platforms offer countless opportunities. All in all, the ROI in the projects for which I was involved was usually one to three years.

I am used to people being surprised when they first hear the price but, I can tell from my personal experience that if you know how to use the software, the return on investment comes in a really short time.

I have been involved in implementations where it was sooner than one year! Simplest for large-scale document creators - use its features to cut down on postage, delivery, and maintenance costs, and you will never look back.

It was a long time ago, and we were deciding between GMC and Exstream. At the time GMC (now Quadient) was just a better solution for us, with a cheaper price tag.

What other advice do I have?

The thing I like most about this solution is that there is a very valuable and connected community of real users, connected in the Quadient University. You can post any question there and get answers, opinions, demo cases, and even working solutions by fellow members who are doing it just because they like to help.

Also, official support is fantastic. Be aware that you need to invest a couple of days (maybe a week or two) of your time with the product (preferably guided), to truly get a feeling of how powerful this product really is.

Learn what your peers think about Quadient Inspire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer993621
User at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Data Transformation features helped make us more efficient and win more work

• "The feature we use on every job is the NS Splitter, which enables us to impose jobs two up on SRA3 paper seamlessly, allowing us to maximize print layout and costs savings."
  • "I would like more wizards to be included in the scripting module and perhaps an online training course on Udemy would be a useful asset."

What is our primary use case?

We use Inspire Designer for Data processing and Document composition. We are currently developing our workflows to operate on an automated basis by using Command Line in batch files to call workflows and pass data in and out of the Designer to other applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Quadient Inspire has improved our efficiency all round in the data processing department. We have been able to take on jobs that we couldn't do before the implementation of Quadient Inspire and it has sped up the processing of data in an unbelievable fashion. We had one job which took twenty-six hours to process the data using the old system, but when we transferred the job to Inspire, we were able to process the data in forty-three seconds!

What is most valuable?

The feature we use on every job is the NS Splitter, which enables us to impose jobs two up on SRA3 paper seamlessly, allowing us to maximize print layout and costs savings.

Data Transformer modules are also useful for data manipulation. They enable us to swap in different data sets to automate the data processing as opposed to redoing everything in Excel.

What needs improvement?

I feel the scripting modules are very powerful but are difficult to use if you do not have the programming knowledge. I would like more wizards to be included in the scripting module and perhaps an online training course on Udemy would be a useful asset.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The software is extremely stable and has never caused us issues.

This software is very scaleable and can fit in with most of our other software.

We did use an alternative but it wasn't as robust and didn't allow the manipulation of PDFs.

We implemented the software to improve processing times, win more work, and reduce costs. Overall, it has helped us achieve these goals immensely.

We sprent time looking at many options Quadient offered and made decisions about what we needed to enable us to be futureproof.

We evaluated PlanetPress as an option.

What other advice do I have?

Do not expect to be able to use the software without any training as it is extremely powerful with many modules and can be slightly overwhelming if you have had no exposure to it. That being said, with a day's onsite training we were producing jobs with ease, albeit only using basic modules. Over time and with the help of the University we have gained lots of knowledge from the very helpful University Member.

Kellie Godwin
GMC Inspire Programmer at PCI Group
Extensive built-in functions save us time, and good training is available

• "Inspire is fast, reliable, and pretty unlimited in what you can do."
  • "One improvement would be to make the training modules or university free for users, as not all companies will pay for their employees to do the training and get the certificates."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for high-speed variable printing of letters, statements, etc.

I have also used Inspire for direct mail marketing pieces. The previous company I was with was using DesignMerge with Adobe InDesign, and moving to Inspire was the best move because it opened so many doors and possibilities.

It also worked more seamlessly than DesignMerge. With the volume we were working with, DesignMerge just wasn't robust enough. It would get bogged down and process far too slowly. Inspire is fast, reliable, and pretty unlimited in what you can do.

How has it helped my organization?

Inspire has allowed us to do things we would not be able to do without it.

Inspire is like an iceberg, most users only use about 10% and do not realize all the amazing things it can do.

What is most valuable?

All of the built-in features are valuable because they are such a time saver.

Proofing without having to export a PDF to proof is a huge benefit.

You are able to view the data right next to the proof and cycle through the records, record by record, or you can cycle through page by page if you want. However, the record by record is great if you are viewing letters that have blank backers.

The built-in output options are a huge benefit, as you have what you need right in inspire if you need PDFs, AFPs, TNOs, etc.

The FCV feature is also a huge benefit.

The training modules are very helpful in learning features you haven't used before, or in learning how to use Inspire in a way or for something you haven't done before.

What needs improvement?

Also, maybe having some training modules that are more specific to different types of uses, for example, a set for marking materials and a different set for statements.

We have been using Quadient Inspire for 10+ years.

Previously, I used DesignMerge in Adobe InDesign. I switched because the company I was with was using DesignMerge internally and outsourcing the Inspire work.

I did not evaluate other options.