Omar ORta
Director Transformación Digital at oesia
A feature-rich, complete product, and the multilingual technical support is good

• "I like Qualys because it is a very complete product, more so than Tenable."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for vulnerability management.

What is most valuable?

I like Qualys because it is a very complete product, more so than Tenable. It has vast capabilities.

We have been working with Qualys VM for a very short time, perhaps six months.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability-wise, this is a good product.

The technical support is very good and they have it both in Spanish and English.

We are also working with Tenable SC. Qualys is both more complete and for us, better in terms of pricing.

For a beginning, the initial setup is complex. You have to have some knowledge for setting it up and using it.

The price of Qualys for us is better than Tenable, although that is only because we are partners. The retail price of Qualys is higher than that of tenable. The pricing and licensing for Qualys could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it, mainly because of the capabilities and the management using a single console. I can even create a calendar for activities from the main screen.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

PL
    IT Consultant Supervisor at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Scans our security posture and has very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use Qualys to check the status of our security posture.

How has it helped my organization?

Qualys help identifies the weakness in our critical infrastructure and provides guidelines how to address them.

What is most valuable?

maybe compliance monitoring.

What needs improvement?

Reporting can be improved more. It should generate much more stuff like field reports. Though the reports generally meet our need we hope we can customize it better.

2 years

very satisfactory

Its scalability is a four or five out of five.

We haven't had problems…

What is our primary use case?

We use Qualys to check the status of our security posture.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

maybe compliance monitoring.

2 years

very satisfactory

Its scalability is a four or five out of five.

We haven't had problems up until this point that required technical support. The solution can run by itself and generate reports. We didn't have any issues that would need us to call technical support.

None

Simple and straightforward

in-house.

acceptable.

I would give the pricing three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would like for Qualys to have the ability to scan OT operation technology assets as well.

If it can I would rate it 8 out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: November 2021.
    555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    ME
    Senior Cyber Security Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    The reporting and GUI need improvement but it's reliable

• "Qualys VM is very stable."
    • "The reporting and the GUI need improvements."

What is our primary use case?

It was responsible for vulnerability scanning. It enforces vulnerability management websites.

What needs improvement?

The reporting and the GUI need improvements. Tenable dominated in these two areas: reporting and graphical user interface.

Qualys VM was used once for one of our customers.

We were using the latest version.

Qualys VM is very stable.

I didn't have all of the necessary information regarding the scalability or how to scale this solution, but all vulnerability management solutions have the same idea.

I believe that it is easy to scale.

I did not contact technical support.

I have also used Rapid7, which is very similar to Qualys VM.

Scaling is more difficult with Rapid7. When it comes to scaling, Rapid7 is not my first choice.

I did not implement this solution, I performed one scan for our client.

What other advice do I have?

We have regulations in place in Saudi Arabia and Egypt that require all vulnerability management solutions to be implemented on-premise.

I would recommend this solution to others but Tenable is my preferred option.

I would rate Qualys VM a five out of ten.

VM
    Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Provides excellent security for scanning, flexible with good integration

What is our primary use case?

We are consultants and resellers of Qualys VM.

What is most valuable?

I like the solution's web application security for scanning, the solution is flexible with good integration.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see additional security for the app. The product lacks integrations for third party solutions or automation integration for other tools.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The product is 100% stable. There are five users in the company who deal with operations and security analysis. There are four people in the company who deploy and provide support.

I've never used the…

What is our primary use case?

We are consultants and resellers of Qualys VM.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for six months.

I've never used the technical support. Documentation is simple and complete.

I've previously worked with Tenable IO and Rapid 7. We switched because of Qualys's web application feature.

The initial setup is straightforward. Initial deployment takes between two and four hours. We did it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
    HS
    Senior Vice President | Information Security at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Very intuitive, easy going and simple to use

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution for one of my clients and the primary use case was for the compliance mode and scanning. We are customers of Qualys and I am senior vice president information security.

What is most valuable?

I found the solution quite intuitive and easy going. I have worked with other similar tools and found this simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I felt hindered sometimes within reports in that they were lacking somewhat on the customization side in terms of making use of the data. The cloud user interface could be a little more responsive. It was a click and then a wait.

I used this solution recently for about five months.

There were a…

What needs improvement?

I used this solution recently for about five months.

There were a couple of small bugs but the solution was stable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and rate it a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud
    RB
    Consultant at a media company with 51-200 employees
    Enables us to check the validity of legacy applications, infrastructure, and simple data operating systems

What is our primary use case?

I use Qualys to review the validity of legacy applications, infrastructure, and simple data operating systems.

What needs improvement?

The ability to manage user accounts and give rights to the operator to know about abnormalities of applications is something that needs improvement.  The pricing is also expensive.

I have been using Qualys for four years.

It's stable.

I haven't needed to use technical support.

The initial setup was good. We didn't have any problems with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Qualys VM a ten out of ten.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is also expensive.

I have been using Qualys for four years.

It's stable.

I haven't needed to use technical support.

The initial setup was good. We didn't have any problems with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Qualys VM a ten out of ten.

BM
    Sr. Manager, Vulnerability Management at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
    Assists us with vulnerability management and policy compliance across our network

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are security vulnerability detection and policy compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

It's been the chosen solution year after year for vulnerability management and our vulnerability management program is centered around this tool.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are vulnerability detection and the scanning capability to enable identification of vulnerabilities across our network.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see this solution more developed and competitive in the Cloud space.

We have been using Qualys VM for fifteen years.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Qualys VM for fifteen years.

Product Categories
    Vulnerability Management
    Download our free Vulnerability Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security, and more!