Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is #12 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. IT Central Station users give Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance an average rating of 8 out of 10. Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is most commonly compared to Qualys Asset Inventory:Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance vs Qualys Asset Inventory. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 46% of all views.
What is Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance?

The KACE Asset Management Appliance provides comprehensive hardware and software inventory and asset management across a variety of operating systems — Windows®, Mac®, Linux®, UNIX® and Chrome OS™, plus network-connected non-computing devices — through the entire IT asset lifecycle, giving you and your team more time to focus on IT innovation. Fast to implement and easy to use, this tool discovers all hardware and software on your network, and provides ongoing IT inventory management, IT asset management (ITAM) and software asset management (SAM).

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is also known as KACE Asset Management Appliance, KACE Asset Management.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Customers

Coastal Community Credit Union, St. Dominic Hospital

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance pricing:
  • "It is less expensive as compared to SCCM."

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Reviews

Abhirup Sarkar
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Everything works as per the description and it has a low learning curve

• "Feature-wise, I think it's more to do with the usability. It's pretty simple and it's got a very low learning curve, so that helps a lot. Feature-wise, things work pretty well as it's provided a lot of information available on the guides and the manuals, and things work as per the description."
  • "The remote desktop tool they are using needs improvement. They have integrated some third-party tools for remote desktop connections but that is a bit complicated. That can be further simplified."

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple types of desktops and laptops that are distributed asset management that we're using to consolidate all the data in a single tool portal. We are also using it to deploy the Windows patches.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, I think it's more to do with the usability. It's pretty simple and it's got a very low learning curve, so that helps a lot. Feature-wise, things work pretty well as it's provided a lot of information available on the guides and the manuals and things work as per the description.

What needs improvement?

The remote desktop tool they are using needs improvement. They have integrated some third-party tools for remote desktop connections but that is a bit complicated. That can be further simplified. Maybe they can have something of their own in the future.

I have been using Quest KACE for two and a half years.

It's very stable. It's been working without any challenges for the last two and a half years.

It is scalable. I have a friend in that company, they're using it for around 35,000 endpoints. It's pretty scalable.

In two and a half years I have contacted support twice and it was duly handled. Their support is good.

Previously using open source tool but wanted to switch for better support

The initial setup was simple.

We did a total count of 1,000 desktops. It was done within a couple of weeks.

We got some backing help from the Quest team. It was telephonic support.

It requires very basic maintenance from our side. We had logged one or two support tickets with the vendor, but we immediately got the information that was required; more of configuration help rather than an issue.

It has multiple additional costs. We use the Asset and Patch Management which has a separate license.

We evaluated multiple tools that I remember. Kaseya, Sapphire, and the third one was Symphony SUMMIT.

Kaseya and Sapphire were actually much more cost-effective compared to KACE, but then the solution capability and functionality, we found KACE was much better, much more simpler, and even more stable. Symphony SUMMIT was a decent solution, but again, all things combined in terms of usability, cost, and everything, the support from the team, we found KACE was better.

Overall, KACE is better. If you consider cost, support, and stability, and usability, then it's better. It's slightly on the costlier side, but it's much more stable than most of the other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

They have come up with a mobile app interface that I would like to know more about. I attended some of their webinars where they were talking about their AI chatbots and a lot of automation around AI. Those are certain things that I would like to see in the product.

I would definitely recommend it but I would also suggest evaluating other solutions because the difference becomes much clearer. On the outset, it might not be very clear what the advantages are. But once you have evaluated two, three other tools, you will obviously see the advantages of KACE.

It's good to have backend technical support also. Go for the technical support so that in case anything happens, the KACE team is very friendly and they respond on time. It gives you that added cushion that if anything goes wrong, you have somebody to help.

I would rate Quest KACE a nine out of ten.

RZ
IT Infrastructure Manager at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good for package and asset management, but not 100% accurate

• "We utilize the package management feature the most. We also use it for getting the inventory. Companies like us don't have an inventory or asset management system per se. A lot of companies, for instance, use SCCM as their asset management tool. We are using Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for asset management, which is a good feature. The feature that I really like is to be able to upgrade to the Windows management systems or Windows version. It is very seamless, and I have found it fairly good."
  • "Sometimes, it feels like the inventory it takes is not 100% accurate. I would say it is correct 90% of the time. We have had some issues. So, we have to rely on some factors of inconsistency in the data."

What is our primary use case?

We use Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for pushing any non-Windows based patches such as Adobe patches, installing new software or an approved set of software, or upgrading to a new release of Windows. We are using its latest version, which they have released recently.

What is most valuable?

We utilize the package management feature the most. We also use it for getting the inventory. Companies like us don't have an inventory or asset management system per se. A lot of companies, for instance, use SCCM as their asset management tool. We are using Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for asset management, which is a good feature.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it feels like the inventory it takes is not 100% accurate. I would say it is correct 90% of the time. We have had some issues. So, we have to rely on some factors of inconsistency in the data.

I have been using this solution for the last six years.

They were fine. It was not super support or tech job. They were neither great nor bad.

The initial setup was not very difficult.

When we got this solution, I spoke to the Quest team, and they said that they can help. We got some support from them.

It is less expensive as compared to SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest getting support for installing it.

I would rate Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance a five out of ten. It is not the best solution. It is not great, it is not bad.