QuickBase OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

QuickBase is #11 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms and #17 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software. IT Central Station users give QuickBase an average rating of 10 out of 10. QuickBase is most commonly compared to Microsoft PowerApps:QuickBase vs Microsoft PowerApps. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
What is QuickBase?

Trusted by more than half of the Fortune 100, QuickBase is a low-code platform for building, customizing, and integrating custom business applications. With more than 6,000 customers and 500,000 active users, QuickBase is the technology of choice for organizations that want to empower business users to solve their own challenges while maintaining the governance and security of an enterprise-quality app development system.

QuickBase is also known as Quick Base.

Download the Rapid Application Development Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

QuickBase Customers

Procter & Gamble, Tesla, Norwegian Cruise Line, Google, Metso, Agero, Kayak, PTC, Patra Corp, TomTom, Southwest Airlines, FedEx Office

QuickBase Video

Archived QuickBase Reviews (more than two years old)

MM
Vice President Information Technology at Assemi Group
Has helped improve our data collection and reporting, but the mobile app needs work

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data collection in field operations, and syncing to our internal databases for reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided for Rapid deployment of data collection tools, replacing spreadsheets with near real-time data.

What is most valuable?

There is ease of development as long as the data is well understood.

What needs improvement?

The mobile app has improved, but it still needs work.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

There is ease of development as long as the data is well understood.

What needs improvement?

The mobile app has improved, but it still needs work.

Derek Hutchinson
Quality Engineer at The Pump Solutions Group/ Blackmer Pump
Tracks status and collection of data from suppliers

What is our primary use case?

We use QuickBase for the following: Supplier performance Corrective action response Priority log for our work center Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Audit findings.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped streamline and simply track status and collection of data from suppliers and other internal departments.

What is most valuable?

The need for little to no code knowledge has been huge. I am a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing facility with very little IT knowledge.

What needs improvement?

The improved developer interface in some areas can be difficult to use for complex items (a lot of back and forth or having to move items up and down one line at a time).

One to three years. …

What is our primary use case?

We use QuickBase for the following:

• Supplier performance
  • Corrective action response
  • Priority log for our work center
  • Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
  • Audit findings.

AS400

Find out what your peers are saying about Quickbase, Zudy, Microsoft and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's easy to use and creating applications is quick.

• "Creating applications in Quickbase will take, literally, a fraction of the time it would take to create them in other database applications (which shall remain unnamed)."
  • "Unfortunately, there is still no new report formatting available natively, and would still require 3rd party developers to help with that. ."

What is our primary use case?

Quickbase is our main repository of our assets, customer data and tracking of invoicing. As we developed Quickbase, it has quickly became the authoritative source of data , and as a result have started using it to access data via API from external apps.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a very peculiar business, where no canned database would fit our need. By building the app in Quickbase, we were able to consolidate our CRM, all the customer resources, technical resources, and a slew of other items under one roof.

Best of all, the improvement on the app isn't a one-time deal because any time our business process has any modifications, we can immediately reflect those in our Quickbase workflows, as it is extremely easy to manipulate.                          .

What is most valuable?

The ease of use of Quickbase is second to none. Creating applications in Quickbase will take, literally, a fraction of the time it would take to create them in other database applications (which shall remain unnamed).                                    .

What needs improvement?

Reports, more specifically formatting reports. The reporting capability itself is pretty powerful in Quickbase; however, formatting those reports to present them directly to clients leave you a bit wanting. There are some 3rd-party providers that have some convoluted ways to create reports to MS Word, but they're too cumbersome. If this gets improved, it would be so close to perfection.

Update (05/09/2017) since my original review: Unfortunately, there is still no new report formatting available natively, and would still require 3rd party developers to help with that.                          .

Three to five years.

This product his extremely stable. Every once in a while, you will notice a tiny lag in the interface, but otherwise, it's extremely fast, and is very stable.

I have not quite reached any limitations with scalability, but having seen its architecture, including its extensive API, Quickbase can be scaled within itself, as well as through its API to extend into larger and/or different systems.

Customer service is excellent. Engineers are always very friendly, and happy to help. Response is usually within the same day. I've never contacted them by phone, so I can't speak to that, but email support has been satisfactory.

The technical support is very good. The engineers are quite skilled, and can answer anything from a basic question to all the complex ones, and anything in between.

I have tried using Filemaker to create my solution, and MS Access, and a SQL database, all proved to be very cumbersome to work with, and required a deep knowledge in database architecture to accomplish what I really want to accomplish. I'm amazed that I was able to do it all myself in Quickbase. That's how easy Quickbase is.

Initial setup was extremely easy, even when starting with an app from scratch. Figuring your way around the app is very simple and help is always available, either contextually or readily available in the community.

The whole solution was implemented in-house. We have reached out to support a couple of times for some specific issues, but nothing major.

The amount of time that you would save by creating a Quickbase app that is specifically tailored to your company's needs is immeasurable. Keeping track of this kind of data, reporting in separate documents, and keeping those relationships intact would take hours of work.

Once the application is deployed, the ROI is almost immediate, and is translated in time savings, and quick access to information.

Quickbase is probably not the cheapest app out there. That said, it is worth its weight in gold. There is no other app that I know of in the market today that can do what Quickbase does.

Once you start using it, you will realize immediately the level of attention and effort that was put in building this platform, and you will immediately realize the value of it when it comes to its licensing costs.

For the most part, we tried Filemaker Pro and could not make it work for our needs. It was too cumbersome to create relationships, and the connections we needed were simply too complex to produce. Also, the interface wasn't nearly as user friendly and not easy to understand.

What other advice do I have?

Quickbase is an extremely powerful solution. The level of details that is available to you within the platform, as well as the integration, and API that is available makes it a versatile tool for any company's needs.

Though everyone can make use of Quickbase, I will speak specifically to those who may not have database architects and application developers on staff. Quickbase will fill that gap by filling in that skill-set within the application, and allowing almost anyone within your organization who understand business process to build the appropriate Quickbase application.

Go for a trial run, and you can thank me later.

Update 05/09/2017: Quickbase has since introduced to new major features: WebHooks, and Quickbase Actions which made automated triggers very easy within Quickbase, as well as outside applications, without the needs to know complicated APIs. (especially the Quickbase Actions)

it_user768750
SERS Advisor at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An easy to use software which can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs

• "The reporting tool: It helps in data analytics to provide the solution more efficiency."
  • "This rule: The Maximum is 60 rules. We need to provide more in order to improve.​"

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We created a payroll application, which can help us do the following:

• Facilitate the pay;
  • Manage the paid time off;
  • Manage sick leave;
  • Help managers when traveling;
  • Manage overtimes.

What needs improvement?

I have been using QuickBase for almost two years.

I have not encountered any stability issues at this time.

I have not encountered any scalability issues at this time.

They quickly reply and always show the willness to help when asked.

The setup was done by the IT Department of our organization.

It is definitely worth it.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend QuickBase to any company that is looking for an easy to use software which can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs.

Director of Enterprise Collaboration at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Helps to rapidly deploy a line of business apps without having to maintain large applications

What is most valuable?

• The ability to quickly build an application, with advanced features like sorting and dashboards.
  • Compared to other solutions, it is powerful.

How has it helped my organization?

As a service provider, we find our clients love how rapidly we can resolve their problems. Time to deliver is very short!

What needs improvement?

QuickBase is working on adding more customizations to the user experience as they rebuild their architecture, and I am looking forward to this.

Three years.

We have had no issues with deployment with regards to Quickbase.

We have had no issues with stability minus the windows of downtime for updates.

We have had no issues with scalability with regards to QuickBase.

QuickBase customer service responds very quickly and efficiently. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

QuickBase technical support is very quick and to the point. I appreciate that. They are knowledgeable and prompt.

We used many different solutions before, including just using spreadsheets. Easy of use and its rapid turnaround for development is why we switched.

The initial setup was straightforward and very simple with regards to QuickBase.

We are a vendor team, so I will not rate our expertise. I find QuickBase works great doing it yourself, but there is quite a bit of power available if you bring in an experienced service provider.

ROI is hard for us to measure, but we are both happy and satisfied with our investment and returns. I think QuickBase's value versus cost is extremely high.

As with all Software as a Service (SaaS), pricing is per user per month. Working with a QuickBase sales representative is a great way to discuss pricing.

We spent a lot of time looking at Salesforce Force.com. QuickBase is both cheaper and quicker to market in building custom apps.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend the product highly. QuickBase is a great tool for companies looking to rapidly deploy a line of business apps without having to maintain large applications.

Also, my experience with the product has been great. I will continue to use it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a QuickBase Service Provider (QSP).
LCMS Administrator at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
This solution has been seamless in its functionality

• "It has superb ease of use and no code needed to create and build apps and databases."
  • "Access to more standard default layouts and sample builds would be useful, and access to more training on use and flexibility."

What is most valuable?

It has superb ease of use and no code needed to create and build apps and databases. It is highly customizable and flexible from entry level use to advanced build features.

How has it helped my organization?

This allows our company to maintain records of products created, versioning, costs and production schedules. It also allows for communication with our RLMS.

What needs improvement?

I have been with the company for two years. We have used this the entire time for both inventory and production task flow.

I was not involved with the deployment. When I started with the company that I work for, we were already using this platform.

I have never had an issue with stability or service being down or slow. This solution has been seamless in its functionality.

The only issue we have run into is the lack of support for Chinese language translation for our expansion into the Chinese market.

I have never had to interface with customer support for this product. We interface with an internal person for our support, which is then escalated by them, if necessary.

I have never had to interface with technical support for this product. We interface with an internal person for our support, which is then escalated by them, if necessary.

No, for the way we use this, we have not switched from this platform. It has been considered to be replaced in the future, but the costs of abandoning have been prohibitive.

I was not involved with the initial setup. When I started with the company I work for, we were already using this platform.

I believe this was implemented through an in-house team. The person who manages it currently was self-taught and had not used the product prior. We have recently hired a second person, who is more familiar with the product.

I do not have access to our ROI for the use of this product, although it does allow us to capitalize the production costs of our products over the lifespan of the product.

Make sure that you carefully plan the layout of your apps, and manage requests so the apps themselves do not become too large to manage.

Senior Financial Analyst at a media company with 10,001+ employees
As your needs change, you can update your application to change with you

What is most valuable?

You can customize an application to best meet the needs of your business is invaluable! As your needs change, you can update your application to change with you.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer have tons of Excel spreadsheets floating around the office to track various things, we can now track and update them in one place.

What needs improvement?

I wish it had a better calendar feature.

Over five years.

10 out of 10.

10 out of 10.

Yes, we previously tracked our cases in Access and couldn't be any reporting on our results without exporting.

Straightforward, easy to import our old data and create reports to display it.

In-house.

Unsure.

It's worth it.

Yes, off the shelf case management systems.

Brian Cameron
Vice President - Corporate Operations at a construction company with 51-200 employees
​It is inexpensive as it relates to the increased productivity received from usage

What is most valuable?

It is customizable to the way you run your business.

How has it helped my organization?

It has increased productivity by reducing the number of human assets to complete and manage tasks and workflows.

What needs improvement?

An audit system for tracking user additions, changes, and deletions to records and/or down to the field level.

13 years.

No issues with stability.

It is extremely scalable.

Excellent.

We used spreadsheets. We were able to configure QuickBase to the way we do business.

It was extremely easy. QuickBase provides downloadable templates and online education.

Inexpensive as it relates to increased productivity.

Tested QuickBase. Immediately determined it was the right fit.

What other advice do I have?

Document your business processes and workflows in detail and design the application to fit.

Socio at a financial services firm
Enables App Creation without coding knowledge or hardware investment

What is most valuable?

The ability to create apps with no programming skills.

How has it helped my organization?

I have implemented automation regarding admin processes, HR, finance, and others. For instance, we manage yearly P&L information by registering all actual and budgeted transactions.

What needs improvement?

Finance, HR, tracking of Legal documents, digital office, and many others.

Three years.

Like any other project that involves changes in procedures, user acceptance is hard sometimes.

When I started to use QB, during the first year, there was a time when QB was not available for several days. QB was a division of Intuit at that time. No further problems after that.

No issues so far.

Excellent customer service, I always get a quick answer.

Technical support is fine. There are some minor bugs but problems are always addressed.

No, this is my first experience with low-code platforms for building apps.

There is a learning process, but there are enough tools to resolve this.

No, it was all by myself.

Not relevant for this case. I am basically a consultant.

Subscription plans are clear, so costs are clear. The only possible extra cost is consulting if needed, but it depends on each project.

I found no other options for what I needed, which was to implement biz apps, with no IT involvement, and no hardware investment.

What other advice do I have?

Like any other software implementation, you need management involvement, user acceptance, and understanding of project goals before start-up.

Senior Director Contents Integration at a integrator with 201-500 employees
Process/Apps/Components Can Be Dynamically Operated By An End User.

What is most valuable?

The selecting process/apps/components which can be dynamically operated by an end user.

What needs improvement?

I could not yet verify the existence/capability of the feature, such as how to help a non-IT based user to configure the ERP operating environment on a complex cross-functional process. This seems to be done by support from a citizen expert, but I assume that there might be a sort of standard consulting framework so every citizen expert might be able to follow and comply with consulting/implementation quality standards.

Only two months for bench-marking.

Not available yet.

Not available at this moment.

I have used local ERP, SCM, MES, and Logistics application systems. But all are customized by an end user requirement and hard to consider providing standard/best practices, just function-oriented, and little have capability to suggest a roadmap.

Quite straightforward, but hard to proceed with further configuration for the holistic view of an operation.

No concern.

Experience local best ERP/SCM/MES/Logistics package, but it is hard to position as cloud SaaS.

Product Specialist at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
The flexibility of setting up reports even for short-term needs has been very valuable.

• "We have made good use of the ability in QuickBase to add multiple apps for various departments and purposes, while some apps are shared."
  • "I would like to see better options for producing paper reports from Quick Base, rather than viewing things exclusively on screen."

What is most valuable?

We have made good use of the ability in QuickBase to add multiple apps for various departments and purposes, while some apps are shared. The flexibility of setting up reports even for short-term needs has also been very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has improved communication between departments about what's going on with our customers, which improves our ability to work well with and for our customers.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better options for producing paper reports from Quick Base, rather than viewing things exclusively on screen. On the other hand, paper reports are not really the heart of what QuickBase is supposed to do for people.

2+ years

Our deployment went very smoothly. Adoption ramped up pretty quickly as people saw and heard others talk about the ease of use and usefulness of the product.

No. We have not had any problems with QuickBase's stability. QuickBase has always been available when we need it, with adequate warning for planned updates and minimal outages.

No. We have not had any problems with QuickBase's scalability. We started out with a couple of users and a single app, and now have multiple apps and everyone in our organization using it with great success and no real hiccups.

QuickBase has good customer service, both for users of the apps and creators of the apps. They offer regular webinar type training, newsletters, built-in help, and user community type support that can answer most questions.

QuickBase has good technical support as well. We have never had a problem that we could not either solve ourselves with the resources QuickBase makes available or by contacting them and getting answers pretty quickly.

Yes. We used multiple different solutions, and we switched because QuickBase offered us the possibility of bringing disparate departments doing similar things that it would be good for everyone to know about into one system.

The initial setup was both straightforward and complex, in that it required complex thinking and decision-making about what we wanted/needed QuickBase to do, while actually setting it up to do what we wanted/needed it to do was relatively straightforward.

We implemented through an in-house team, although QuickBase did provide a vendor team that helped us along the way and got us up on our feet with an initial, basic app before totally leaving us on our own.

I can't give specific numbers here, but we feel that this has been an excellent move for our company, reducing the number of software solutions we have to use and accomplishing more with that reduced number.

We felt the pricing and licensing for QuickBase were easy enough to understand, fair and competitive, especially since QuickBase replaced multiple solutions for our organization.

We looked at Bridgetrack, SalesForce and others, though I don't recall everything we considered, since it has been years since we did the initial research. QuickBase very quickly rose to the top as head and shoulders above our other options.

What other advice do I have?

Get buy-in from as many people as possible before purchasing QuickBase, so that everyone feels a part of things from the beginning. Your largest hurdle to overcome will be getting the people in your organization on the same page, rather than actually getting Quick Base to do what you need/want it to do.

IT Manager/Project Coordinator/Assistant VP at a construction company with 51-200 employees
API and exact forms have helped me grow my database.

What is most valuable?

API and exact forms are the most valuable features. They have helped me grow my database exponentially.

How has it helped my organization?

API functionality has increased the speed of task and project building. Exact forms are used to push data into pre-determined forms for each client.

What needs improvement?

Report size needs to be extended.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: I would rate customer service…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Report size needs to be extended.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate customer service as excellent.

I would rate technical support as excellent.

We did not use a previous solution.

It was easy to setup. The GUI is intuitive.

We did the implementation in-house.

Our ROI is at least two full time salaries.

We did not evaluation any other options.

What other advice do I have?

Ask me anything.

Director of Information and Analysis Services at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides low-code / no-code development and an integrated API in a SaaS solution.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase's ability to provide low-code / no-code development and a fully integrated API in a SaaS solution has revolutionized the way we develop applications.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has allowed us to develop approximately 20 production applications that all help business process flows, decrease time spent on reporting and allow for better controls and insight into our operations.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a more robust data modelling architecture, one that allows alternate keys and multi-column primary keys.

I have used it for 2.5 years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. Our deployments have been very effective. We have developed a simple set of best practices, and rolling out new apps and features has worked very well.

We have not encountered any stability issues. The system is very stable. Whenever the system is going to be down for maintenance, QuickBase is very good about communicating in advance and repeatedly.

There are row limits on tables and one of our applications has encountered this limitation. We were able to update the design of the system to spread the data across multiple tables and work around the limitation.

The customer service has been great. We always get prompt replies and our issues are resolved quickly. Pricing and negotiations are always amicable.

The customer service has been great. We always get prompt replies and our technical issues are resolved quickly.

We did not previously use a different solution. We evaluated it as the need to transition away from traditional application development became more apparent.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. Because all configuration is custom, there was a steep learning curve and we made plenty of mistakes but overall, it went well.

We used an in-house team to implement our solution. Now, we have enough expertise that with the exception of QuickBase add-ons, we don't use third-party vendors for anything

We have evaluated our ROI timeline to be around the 24 month range. This has allowed to already be in the black from our original investment.

Licensing and pricing is very much worth the money. This can be leveraged even more by the fact that one license gets you user access to all the apps you have in production. QuickBase is very open to negotiation and finding the right price point for your company.

Before choosing, we evaluated Salesforce App Cloud and determined that for our needs and price point, QuickBase better fit our needs.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase has really allowed us to leverage our business users' expertise while developing custom web applications. Our citizen developers' closeness to the business ensures that all the solutions they implement are as closely aligned to the business needs as possible.

it_user562677
Training Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
It showed me the best way to organize data. It made it easy to create and update a database.

What is most valuable?

I appreciate that QuickBase showed me the best way to organize data. QuickBase makes it easy to create a database and to update it with your needs. It is accessible and user friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

• Quickly and easily starts collecting data that informed us of the way we work.
  • Makes a business case easily for the staffing model we needed. Conversely, we were able to adjust the data we collected easily to meet the requests of our leadership.
  • Creates forms and other ways for our business partners to interact with us in a manner that has simplified our processes and helped our colleagues simplify theirs.

What needs improvement?

I would still like to see QuickBase use plain English for some of the features. Data collection is so important for business at this time, and making it even easier for the lay user would be a great improvement.

I would like to see QuickBase offer instant tips when setting up a new database. If you use a certain type of field, I would like to see a pop-up that lets the user know that a different kind of field might make data interpretation easier. This would be a great teaching tool.

I have used it for three years

I have never encountered stability issues. The database is as reliable as our internet connection.

The only issues we have encountered with scalability had to do with our own lack of expertise with data gathering. Some tips and tricks from QuickBase for the beginner would help. Otherwise, no scalability issues at all.

The quality of technical support is so good that we have never had to contact them outside of any local support provided within our company.

We used to keep track of our workload with Excel spreadsheets. This had limitations in many ways. The most obvious limitation was the inability to create different views of data for different needs. The other limitation was the inability to keep track of work in real time.

The initial setup was straightforward. At first, we replicated the fields we had been using in our prior data collection. We rejoiced in our newfound ability to create reports and to take input from other parties.

The pricing is fair. If you want full functionality, then you need the QuickBase app which costs $125 per seat.

You can set up an open access database if you have the license. This means that anyone else can access the database’s most public features as long as they have internet. If you want all users to have full access, they will need the app as well.

It is well worth the cost for the benefit we have gained from using QuickBase to collect data about our work.

We evaluated Microsoft Access. We chose QuickBase because it is a web based application and a lot easier to create and update.

Another department we work closely with had developed an Access database around the same time we built our QuickBase database. Within six months, that department had decommissioned its database and built a QuickBase with rave reviews from all users.

What other advice do I have?

If you need to collect data in an easy way and you are not a database SME, QuickBase is a great way to start. I highly recommend it.

it_user568350
President at MCF Technology Solutions
Robust self-service reporting capability and API for extending the native platform functionality.

What is most valuable?

• Speed of development
  • In-memory database functionality
  • Robust security model
  • Robust self-service reporting capability
  • Excellent API for extending the native platform functionality

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients have used this to transform almost every business process, including the following:

• Sales Management: CRM, SFA, lead/opportunity management, and contract management
  • Project/Operations Management: Projects, task management, resource planning, time entry, invoicing, and asset management
  • Financial Management: Sales forecasting, cost management, budget planning/management, billing management, and invoice management
  • HR Management: Recruiting workflow, on board/off board management, training and development management, and associate management
  • Engineering/IT Management: Tracking IT assets, server assets, endpoints, and access controls

What needs improvement?

• The user interface is scheduled for an update
  • Some additional APIs can be added
  • Application lifecycle management process

I have been using the solution for twelve years.

We have not encountered any stability issues. QuickBase is very stable.

Technical support is OK. However, it is much better to work with qualified service personnel who understand your specific implementations and process goals.

We have used several other systems. We switched because QuickBase is so fast and flexible. It can keep up with our ever-changing processes. The total cost of ownership is an extremely good value.

It is very simple to start. The first application can be running in an hour. However, it is robust enough to handle very complex, business critical applications when the design/development is done by experts.

Pricing is very reasonable. QuickBase will negotiate with large enterprise accounts to ensure a good ROI for all.

It is subscription based, which we like as it is good for cash flow. You only pay for a user once and then they have access to as many apps as they want.

We have evaluated far too many platform tools to list. Overall, QuickBase is one of the best values as long as you are OK with having a standard user interface for the most part. In some ways, this is actually a plus, as it is easier to train. For this small tradeoff, they give you so much speed and flexibility. It is a real game changer.

What other advice do I have?

Before you build anything business critical, make sure you work with a QSP. Be ready to roll up your sleeves, as a good app build forces you to define your process if it is not already nailed down.

In my experience, it is never 100%. You have to allow time and budget for making some tweaks along the way as the development forces you to make process decisions.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a top tier QSP with QuickBase and have developed over 500 applications for our clients. We liked QuickBase so much for our business needs, that we started a company to help others use it as well. It can totally transform any business or process.
it_user381423
Division Head - Business Analysis & CFO Services at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Enables easy reporting and app building.

What is most valuable?

• Table relationships
  • Easy reporting
  • Easy app building

How has it helped my organization?

• Helps us manage our internal operations and MIS
  • Provides an easy report pull: The application building becomes faster.
  • No need for coding to set up the app, establish relationships, or set up lookup fields.
  • Saves a lot of time

We are exploring more ways to build up solutions using QuickBase.

What needs improvement?

Referring to option of putting additional query to do charts. Say for example, a trend chart of moving average together with the monthly trend is probably not possible with the straight forward charting options available in QuickBase. I am not referring to any workaround here. If you have seen Power BI analytics, you may understand that better.

The inability to pull custom query output on the fly from the rows of record and then using that interim output for another Analytics, is a headache in Quickbase. The work around in that case is pull the different type of groups to a separate table, then use Summary Field to bring summary data back, makes the solution pretty complex.

Yet to do a lot on mobile compatibility. And it would be really good if indigenous mobile apps can be built by QuickBase where easy navigation to different Apps, data entry via forms & submit etc. is easy. And of course report view. I’m not expecting apps to be developed using mobile, just the user experience perspective when the whole world moving towards mobile devices.

We started using this solution three years ago. We used it for two years, and then stopped in between due to a price issue. We have been using it again for a year.

The stability is excellent as far as up-time is concerned. It slows down sometimes. That may be because of the high data storage.

We have been building small apps. We haven’t yet encountered a scalability scenario. However, I feel it has the capacity to scale.

Since I have been using this system, I knew the power of it.

Of late, it has improved a lot. This is one of the best tools for citizen development.

The installation was web-based. It was quick and easy.

For a small to mid-level company, managing the work and operation workflow can be built up. This can be excellent and can be used as a backbone to build up the eco-system among the other systems the company might be integrating with. However, the pricing for a small business may be on the high side, but this is still worth the investment.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on the requirements of the company. Proper evaluation is essential. You need to identify the limitations.

For managing work, workflow, or to build up an eco-system integrating QuickBooks, Intacct Accounting, bill.com, or Salesforce, this can be great.

If your requirement is a business intelligence dashboard with complex analytics, you may face limitations.

it_user579456
Owner And Principal Consultant at a financial services firm
Scalability is one of the key features where you are able to start small and add feature sets to your application as needed.

• "Allows users have anytime/anywhere access."
  • ". For example, we need a third-party to create and save a document in PDF, MS Word, or MS Excel format. The document saving capability is probably the feature that we most often have to procure from an outside provider."

What is most valuable?

• Allows users have anytime/anywhere access.
  • Ability to create the box to fit your workflow. You are not forced to fit into someone’s box or idea of how your company should be run
  • Fits small and large companies

How has it helped my organization?

• Saved us one or two full-time employees each and every year
  • Ability to collaborate and transfer information from one staff member to another
  • We have grown and changed the system as the business grows and changes

What needs improvement?

QuickBase deficiencies are only filled by third-party developers. For example, we need a third-party to create and save a document in PDF, MS Word, or MS Excel format. The document saving capability is probably the feature that we most often have to procure from an outside provider.

We have been developing on QuickBase for ten years.

Being a cloud platform, there will always be momentary downtime. However, QuickBase stability and reliability has always been good.

Maintenance is generally scheduled when traffic is minimal and is communicated to users well in advance.

Scalability is one of the key QuickBase features where you are able to start small and add feature sets to your application as needed.

Your application and ability is only limited by your own imagination. The sky is the limit with QuickBase. If you can dream it, QuickBase can do it.

QuickBase empowers its users with product help and an open API. They also have great documentation about how to use the API functionality and how the “coding” is different from other programs.

One of the core goals of QuickBase is to build a community of “citizen developers”. QuickBase is a platform which is considered low-code or no-code. You do not have to be a programmer to build or maintain the system.

We use QuickBase as a system to run our business. It started out as a simple CRM and grew into a ticketing system, asset management, and scheduling tool.

Previous to QuickBase, we used custom fields in QuickBooks, Outlook, Excel, sticky notes, employee memory, and everything else that did not work in concert with each other.

We used what was cheap, easy, and right in front of us. This became an option that was not in the best interest of the company. It was neither scalable for the growth of the company nor helpful for the sanity of the employees.

Our setup was pretty straightforward. We knew what we were doing wrong and knew what was missing with the other systems. We had a plan.

For companies that try to implement QuickBase and do not have agreement on internal processes, the development and setup can be that much harder.

The pricing for QuickBase is pretty straightforward, It is based on a per user/per month licensing fee.

The licensing fee is not dependent on user usage. The best way that we describe it to potential users is like getting your driver’s license.

The DMV charges the same for a driver’s license for both a person that just uses it to drive to church on Sunday and carpools or walks to work during the week, and for another person who drives hours each and every day.

At the end of the day, both are paying the same amount for the privilege of being able to drive the car.

QuickBase is the same. If you are in the system once a week and just use it to view reports, or if you are the plan administer and have QuickBase as your main focus day in and day out, the cost is the same.

Since we came from a multiple tools environment with holes in our process and systems that a truck could drive through, we knew when we saw QuickBase that it was like nothing else out there. It was almost an instant light bulb of knowing that we were at the right spot.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to implement QuickBase, make sure that you have a vision and your team is aligned.

You do not need to know how to build the vision, but you need to know what the end result is. More importantly, your team needs to be aligned with that vision.

it_user566142
Founder and CEO at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Allows you to import, deploy, and use business applications.

What is most valuable?

It is the best no-code platform and library of useful business applications we have found. We are expert developers in this space as well as users.

QuickBase allows you to easily import and use hundreds of common business apps from their library, or create custom apps without writing code.

You can deploy easy-to-use, secure, cloud-based, real-time database apps for your users in record time.

How has it helped my organization?

One of our QuickBase apps runs the core of our project-based services business.

It is an integrated CRM that provides:

• Project and time tracking
  • Invoicing
  • A document repository
  • An affordable, central, real-time system with custom-fit functionality

This solution does this and more, all-in-one. It rivals any available alternatives, at any level.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be even easier, smarter, and more powerful. We've had an early look at QuickBase's new interface. It looks amazing and should come out in the next six months. That shouldn't delay anyone from adopting it now.

We have used this solution for 13 years.

There have been no stability issues. There is very good uptime.

Technical support is good. There is good online help with a knowledge base and user forum, as well as recorded and live webinars for learning.

If you want to learn QuickBase to build and administer applications yourself, you need to put in time to learn QuickBase.

QuickBase trouble-ticket support will help you with issues or questions with the tools, too, but they will not teach you QuickBase.

If you're looking for business solutions instead of do-it-yourself tools to learn, you can bypass the learning curve and get contract help from a QuickBase solution provider.

QuickBase was our entry into centralized, digital business systems. We build QuickBase applications for client companies of all sizes that often replace manual processes or legacy systems.

If you're going to do it yourself, you can get a 30-day free trial within minutes. You can download it and use any of the hundreds of pre-built applications in the library. You can be up and running with an app in less than an hour with common applications. QuickBase Sales will help.

If you want more help, or if your needs are more custom/complex, you should contact a QuickBase solutions provider like my company. We will help you on a per-project basis.

The per-user pricing is pretty standard and straightforward. It offers a lower cost than customizable versions of Salesforce, for instance.

There are two options:

• The range of $25/user/month, for a minimum of 20 users.
  • A lower cost of $15/month for a plan for up to 10 users with just basic functionality.

We have looked at the competitors and continually monitor them. Some are lower cost with somewhat less functionality. Some specialize in specific types of applications. Caspio and TrackVia are examples.

QuickBase is the most comprehensive product and best-backed. It is not the cheapest, although it is very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

Talk with a QSP (QuickBase Solution Provider) or QuickBase Sales about your needs to make sure they're the right fit with this product.

Make sure you get on the right path to get the right solution in place for your organization.

You should find consultative help and not a hard sell. These are quality groups.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a certified QuickBase Solution Provider, building QuickBase-based solutions for the Fortune 500 and emerging businesses alike, for the past 13 years.
it_user571848
Database Application Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

• I especially appreciate the development speed. Complex database applications can be deployed and articulated in QuickBase with great speed compared to most all other database platforms.
  • Due to relatively low technical know-how requirements, the primary business stakeholders can implement rapid changes directly, rather than having to involve a full-blown IT team. Infrastructure changes that used to take hours, days or longer can now be made within minutes or hours.
  • Having the primary business stakeholders "under the hood" creates other synergies beyond speed.

How has it helped my organization?

We are actually a consultant / QuickBase Solution Provider, but we also use QuickBase internally for all operations. We would not use any other database product for internal operations. We do consulting work for many customers every day, on many different platforms including QuickBase, and so we know that QuickBase is the best tool for handling our operations.

What needs improvement?

Enterprise uses requiring large data sets and large numbers of users. QuickBase is developing a new back end that will improve data and user volume limits dramatically.

I have used it for 10 years.

There were no stability issues.

The current version of QuickBase has some data and user limits, but soon these will be a thing of the past.

QuickBase has very good technical support, equal to the best I have ever seen.

We are a database solution provider and consulting agency, so we have used a lot of different databases, both internally and for our clients.

We have migrated many applications to QuickBase. The process is straightforward.

Make sure the pricing works for you. See http://www.quickbase.com/plans...for more information.

We have worked in depth with many database platforms in our consulting work for a diverse and lengthy list of clients.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure the pricing works for you. If it does, then implement it. You will be happy with it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a QSP, QuickBase Solution Provider.
it_user416973
Sr Global Manager, Industry Solutions Engineering at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The tool allows me to manage my business by navigating through my dashboards, providing real-time analytics.

What is most valuable?

I evaluated the overall platform to determine the best product to support customized application development. The valuable features are the entire framework including:

• Database
  • Forms to reports: Maximizes workflow, notification, and dashboard drill-down capabilities
  • The PaaS capability:  Covers many of the critical requirements
  • Out-of-box dynamic chart
  • Report functionality

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase allowed us to rapidly build and deploy applications to automate and streamline our organization’s functional activities. The tool allows me to manage my business by navigating through my dashboards, providing real-time analytics.

An example was the development of an application that provided the leadership team with a 360 degree view of their business’s tightly integrating budget, assets, project management, employee skills & competency, and other systems.

These applications have enabled operational and management reporting in which real time changes can be made.

What needs improvement?

QuickBase offers a low-development platform for non-programmers. They have many opportunities to enhance user interface development to help administrators build seamless and efficient form management and controls.

We have been using this solution for five years.

QuickDase to date has been a positive experience for both administrators and users of the system. The cloud offering has been solid with availability. It was able to provide recovery services to an administrator error in which critical data was deleted.

There were no issues with scalability. We continue to grow the application user and content data without any evidence of latency.

The QuickBase initial setup allowed us to use their 30-day trial period. Prior to the end of this period, we were able to roll out a production ready system, supporting 150 users, who were managing day-to-day engineering project activities.

QuickBase has offered an affordable service with respect to price per user/feature. My recommendation would be to address growth expectations with respect to the number of users and additional storage requirements. A site license may be more beneficial to large user communities and enterprise configurations.

We evaluated the following options:

• Daptiv
  • Remedy AWS
  • Google
  • Microsoft Azure
  • Microsoft SharePoint
  • EasyProject
  • Other smaller commercial applications

What other advice do I have?

Give the trial period a shot. Evaluate QuickBase with two types of strategies:

• Simple Office Collaboration & Automation: Roll out as a self-service user environment for managing collaborative programs with web-enabling spreadsheets, documents, and localized databases.
  • Application Delivery: Elect an individual advocate with database modeling and reporting skills to consider more sophisticated workflow and user-interface requirements.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I was an inaugural member of their first Product Council initiative.
it_user544191
Finance and Operations Manager at a tech company with 51-200 employees
The solution develops and supports applications. It tracks and customizes projects without coding.

What is most valuable?

No coding is required. This is especially important to me because I do not have any formal training in programming, nor do I have any interest in start to learn it now.

With QuickBase, I don't have to worry about trying to find and fix programming errors. When talking to clients about developing and supporting apps for them, they all seem relieved that their project won't take months to get "programmed".

How has it helped my organization?

We can track all of our projects and can customize them to our very specific and changing needs.

What needs improvement?

The graphics user interface still looks like 1999.

We have used this solution for ten years.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We used Excel, but not the multi-user version.

It has a simple setup. It's SaaS, so there is no software to install.

We evaluated Caspio.

What other advice do I have?

Hire someone in-house who understand database structures and data normalization

Director of Data and Finance at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Provides the ability to create table-to-table relationships and homepage dashboards.

What is most valuable?

The ability to quickly create table-to-table relationships and homepage dashboards is the product's most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to create seamless workflows through making use of native QuickBase features alongside third-party services to produce heavily automated ecosystems.

What needs improvement?

Although QuickBase functionality has improved over time, the aesthetics appear to have changed very little in recent years.

I have used it for three years.

Once past the initial learning curve, deployment takes minimal time and effort.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

Ease of scaling depends heavily on how the app framework is designed by each user.

I rate the level of technical support very high. QuickBase support is always timely and helpful; have always had my questions answered, whether it involves a quick email or a full screen share.

Solutions like SmartSheet have vastly more limited functionality and flexibility than QuickBase.

Application Development Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use software that can be flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs.

What is most valuable?

The best part of QuickBase is the ease of use. Its very easy for anybody with some type of programming knowledge or state of mind to jump in and start creating new applications in their software. Its just as easy for users to log in and use these custom built applications.

How has it helped my organization?

I work at a small bank and this software has improved our organization and tracking of current projects tats currently happening or will happen in the future and how our internal audit department keeps track of their audit cases and findings.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I could complain about from QuickBase is when trying to piece together some complicated functionality into their software, it can sometimes be hard to review and troubleshoot issue with this and locate the problem areas.

We've been using this for over a year now.

There was no issues with deployment, set up was as easy and as painless as possible. Intuit host the servers that our QuickBase is on and once we got set up we quickly found our first application that we used for project management in the current pre built applications that QuickBase offers.

I have never encountered any issues with stability from QuickBase. This is a web application and it runs through the web browser. I have tested QuickBase with Internet explorer, Firefox, and I frequently use Chrome.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability with QuickBase. Its easy to develop and deploy out applications that can be used by one or two users or hundreds of users.

I would highly rate the customer service that QuickBase provides. During the initial purchase and setup the QuickBase employee was very helpful with helping us decide on which plan to go with and providing us training resources to use.

I cant rate the level of technical support I have received because I haven't had a situation on which i need to get in contact with technical support.

We did not have a previous solution before QuickBase. This software was brought in too help us organize our projects and make day to day things easier.

I would have to say that the initial setup was very straightforward and easy process. This was made even easier by the sales rep helping us through the whole process.

This was implemented through a in house team. The setup was so easy that we was able to find our first application in a pre built list of applications then customize it then push it out for use with in a short time frame.

I feel like the return on investment is very high. We opted to start with the base QuickBase package and upgrade as we needed to and the starting price for QuickBase is very reasonable compared to the services and features included in the software.

Our company decided to start with the base package QuickBase offers and go from there. QuickBase allows you to upgrade your features and the quantity of users whenever you need too.

Before we chose QuickBase I don't believe that we looked into other solutions other than QuickBase. We was impressed by the price and available functionality that we went with QuickBase after we saw a demo of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend QuickBase to any company that's looking for a easy to use software that can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety and needs and wants.

Database Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Allows us to put together a basic application quickly.

What is most valuable?

The ability to put together a basic application in a just a few hours. So you can start using it within days and then easily make additions and adjustments on the fly.

How has it helped my organization?

We had about 350 athletes that we were trying to keep track of, with performance tests, evaluations and workouts. Excel was killing us, and now we can do things from anywhere. Even on our phone.

What needs improvement?

Mobile experience isn't great, but there is a new version that is supposed to be coming out at some point in the next year.

They are releasing a new user interface (UI) this coming year (QuickBase Murcury) that will make the experience between the mobile web version and the desktop web version more cohesive. It’s a tall task to complete because most phones just don’t have the capacity to run such a complicated ERP system. Some of the added functions you can do on the desktop version, just aren’t even feasible for the a mobile experience.

Most applications will not be affected, but some of the more advanced ones that are running some automatic code pages may be affected. But it is still in Beta testing so we will see.

One year.

Some small instances when I didn't know the best way to solve for a problem, but I never had any problems with the software itself.

If you have a half decent internet connection you can do basically anything you want to do. You have to have internet, but in today's world this is never a problem.

I had some experience with the system platform prior, so I knew the best thing I could do was to map out the entire application before I started any building. We are actually using version 2 off our management app.

Customer service is decent. I sometimes fell like I have passed them slightly. Although their access levels are much higher than mine and can fix internal issues more easily.

In my two support cases over the last year, one was resolved in a matter of days, and the other is actually still pending and has been going on for a few weeks now...

Excel. Do I really need to explain why we switched. Excel will kill any business that relies on it for anything besides ... well anything.

Initially it was a little tough to get used to the terminology, but after about a week I felt right at home and was able to do almost anything.

Did it in house for a while, then used a vendor, then back and forth for a bit of both. The vendors have access and tools to take your app to the next level, but for quick and easy fixes we do most of that in house.

I haven't done an official calculation, but a rough estimate, based on the number of clients and schools we are able to work with now. I'd estimate 4 - 5 times.

Get the premier edition to start at least. Essential plan really handicaps you for a lot of the advanced functionality that you will need to really make your app hum along very nicely.

Not really. I had looked at a few other options and spoke with a lot of end users. QuickBase provided the most scale-ability to our business. Even though it was a big jump, we have never looked back.

What other advice do I have?

Find a good vendor that can take your app to the next level with add-ons and custom integrations to other systems you might be using.

Business Application Developer and Analyst at a real estate/law firm with 51-200 employees
The ability to give access to data that was previously maintained in a spreadsheet has changed how we operate.

What is most valuable?

The ability to give access to data that was previously maintained in a spreadsheet has really changed how the business operates. Rather than people working off of potentially stale data everyone can get the latest data from just about anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We have greatly improved team to team collaboration. We are able to see where we are in the process and who is doing what tasks.

What needs improvement?

Increasing the number of native integrations with outside products. Quickbase is already starting to do it but having more integration out of the box with other services would make life a bit easier for new comers.

I have been using the product for 6 years.

We encountered a few bumps in the road mostly people being used to seeing things a certain way. However, because of Quickbase's flexibility we were generally able to work around most issues or remediate them entirely.

None so far. Quickbase is probably one of the more solid cloud platforms that we use here. I think there has maybe been one outage during business hours that might have caused an impact.

No issues so far. We have gone from one app being used by one department to able 50 used across the company. We have yet to run in to any issues.

The customer service is good. I can tell that the people that work there really care about the product and that you are using it to its full potential.

Technical support is good but you need to be okay with entering tickets. Other than that when I have talked to support they have always fixed my issues quickly or pointed me in the right direction.

The previous solution was using spreadsheets being emailed around and edited by a single person. It was not a viable solution going forward.

The setup was straightforward as we already knew how to use the product. This certainly helped us to get up and running quickly.

We implemented in-house. A couple of us had used Quickbase at previous jobs so it was easy to get up to speed. However, our colleagues who had not used Quickbase before quickly became experts.

While we have not done a real calculation, the company moves much more quickly as decision can be made using data that was previously unavailable.

Start out small and see what you need. The pricing isn't bad compared to other cloud platforms. We spend less on Quickbase than we do on plenty of other things that provide much less value.

No we did not. We knew how to use Quickbase and knew that it was more than capable of the task required of it.

What other advice do I have?

I find Quickbase amazingly easy to work in. Once you know what you are doing you can fly around and build apps in hours, if not minutes.

Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Notifications and Reminders are valuable features of the solutions.

• "QuickBase reminds me when a software license or a hardware support contract is near expiration so that I can initiate our company's procurement process in time and not miss a deadline."
  • "Third-party integration -- they are working on it and I find their brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks very promising."

What is most valuable?

Notifications and Reminders: QuickBase reminds me when a software license or a hardware support contract is near expiration so that I can initiate our company's procurement process in time and not miss a deadline. QuickBase notifies me when a coworker has submitted a vacation request, and reminds me when a coworker is about to go on vacation. These are not available in any stand-alone spreadsheets or databases.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has put a stop to our spreadsheet emailing culture. When some data is worthy of keeping and/or require collaboration, we put it in QuickBase instead. Data in QuickBase apps are always up to date, historic data is just a click away, and everyone can create a custom report to suit his/her needs. QuickBase has improved our efficiency and record keeping.

What needs improvement?

Charting -- needs more data series and group in a chart.

3 years.

No, because QuickBase is a cloud product so there is not deployment steps needed. The QuickBase web app / web site is compatible with all major desktop web browsers and works in mobile browsers.

No, QuickBase has been stable and reliable since I started using it. I do not recall any significant downtime for QuickBase.

No, QuickBase is a cloud product so I do not have to worry about scalability. I have not seen my QuickBase apps degrade in performance due to high data volume.

The only time I had to contact QuickBase Customer Service was to sign up for the Webhooks beta early-access program, by email, and they granted me access promptly. I do not think I can provide a meaningful rating.

Excellent. I have not had to contact technical support until recently when I signed up for the Webhooks beta early-access program. Questions and issues I raised were quickly resolved, mostly within one business day.

Before QuickBase, the only thing available was Microsoft SharePoint and its eForms. These were tightly controlled by corporate IT so basically no one could use them. The existing eForms I've seen were so poor in functionality and user experience I would not use it for my team.

QuickBase is a cloud product, so there is not really any setup required, other than signing up with QuickBase. We have not enabled Microsoft Active Directory SSO integration with QuickBase.

We implement in-house. Whoever got an appetite to learn QuickBase get to become a QuickBase app builder. The recorded and live QuickBase webminars are very helpful in learning.

We have not calculated our ROI in numeric terms, but QuickBase does make our business process less more efficient, less labor intensive, and more traceable (record keeping).

I was not involved in pricing discussions, but we are currently limited by the number of user licenses we have. You can start small and grow the number of user licenses, but please be generous!

No, because we did not see any other comparable products at the time (or even now). By comparison, many other products that build on top of Microsoft SharePoint do not offer the same functionality and are a waste of time and money.

What other advice do I have?

You can do as much or as little as you want with QuickBase. The more apps your team build and use, the higher your ROI. You do not get charged extra for building more apps.

QuickBase Consulting at a tech consulting company with 501-1,000 employees
Pushes all of our leads that convert to customers through the process workflow in order to get their product installed in a timely manner.

Valuable Features:

Reporting and Charts

Improvements to My Organization:

QuickBase pushes all of our leads that convert to customers through the process workflow in order to get their product installed in a timely manner.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more customization within the forms.  I would like to see the ability to import data from other sources in order to have better reporting without having to buy Tableau or another solution.

Valuable Features:

Reporting and Charts

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more customization within the forms.

Business Applications Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees

Improvements to My Organization:

We purchased QuickBase because we needed process management - and it's allowing us to enforce process.  We have been able to create apps that are specific to our business processes, and have helped to ensure that things don't fall thru the cracks.

Room for Improvement:

THe way forms are built and displayed could really be improved; it would be fantastic if the forms could be built with a WYSIWYG editor.  The mobile experience needs serious work, but that is underway and looks very promising.

CTO at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
The security model is uniquely robust.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase is unique in the PaaS space as it offers a structured development environment with built-in multi-level security, database, forms, reports and API. It's designed as a no-download, zero-hardware, multi-user PaaS solution best suited to medium and large businesses with granular security requirements (requiring application, departmental, role, and task level security) with geographically-distributed user bases. It is structured enough to provide a rock-solid standardized development & security environment, but flexible enough to provide the developer room to accomplish almost anything imaginable including using external APIs. For us, security is absolutely critical, and QuickBase's security model is uniquely robust. We know because we audit their security.

I believe in 2016 QuickBase will emerge as a leader in the no/low-code space primarily due to four key characteristics. To begin with, QuickBase offers a consolidated development paradigm - database, security, forms, reports, and code base (API) all wrapped up in a single no-hardware platform/UX. The second is robust security. QuickBase offers the most integrated, reliable, and flexible security model (realm, group, app, role, table, form, field) of any PaaS tool I've seen. Third, QuickBase presents a very low adoption barrier. From a citizen developer viewpoint, most anyone with a basic understanding of Excel can create a simple, multi-user, distributed enterprise app in QuickBase in hours. Lastly, QuickBase provides developers and experienced users the ability to create extremely complex, ultra secure, reliable, and scalable (100s of concurrent users) distributed enterprise applications. In addition, the QuickBase API provides quick and easy connectivity to legacy applications (often in only minutes), and allows dead simple microservices integration.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization maintains a catalog of more than 35 custom QuickBase applications which produce for us a completely paperless environment. From ERP, to HR, to Electronic Work papers - everything we touch is in QuickBase.

QuickBase powers our entire organization. If we do it, it's in QuickBase. We have scaled from fewer than 70 employees to more than 150, and 7 business lines to double that - in the space of a year. QuickBase has allowed us to adjust our business model real-time to leverage market opportunities and growth.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could use some love at the small business level.

> 9 years

No issues encountered.

No issues for the last three years.

We have 80 simultaneous users, and many companies we speak with have 300, and we haven't had any issues with the scalability.

It's good.

It's very good.

All of our previous custom solutions (MSSQL, .net, etc.) were very difficult and expensive to maintain, scale, and secure. We had a corporate goal of maintaining zero server hardware - and QuickBase met that requirement.

It's a web development environment so it is available (deployed) instantly. We were able to begin using the platform within minutes.

It's hard to place a dollar amount on this. We began with a single app, and have replaced every manual/paper process in the business. A single app internally developed and deployed last year (Electronic Work Papers) is saving us an estimated $75,000 (net) annually.

We began using QuickBase when we had 20 users. We now have 80, and costs have risen as the user count has. QuickBase pricing has also changed, so this is difficult to quantify. Our monthly spend is approximately $3,000-$4,000.

• Caspio
  • Team Desk
  • Custom development

What other advice do I have?

Before you commit, send a developer to QuickBase training.

Business Systems Analyst at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides a stable platform for creating web applications quickly in a low- to no-code environment.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase is a great tool in that it provides a very stable platform for creating web applications quickly in a low- to no-code environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We are beginning to replace processes that involved filling out a paper forms in the field that then had to be sent into the office.

What needs improvement?

Unless you go to the effort of coding a custom front end, all QuickBase apps have a distinctive QuickBase look and feel. It would be nice to customize at least the color theme to give some differentiation between the apps.

I've used it for eight years.

I wasn't involved in the initial deployment so I am not sure if there were any issues. As far as I know, everything went smoothly.

QuickBase really has been very stable. There have only been a few times when I have attempted to log in and it was down.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability. Each app has its own user base and data. You can add as many as are needed.

Customer service with our QuickBase account has been great. There are many tools available for support and the user base is growing.

There are many tools available for support and the user base is growing. I really haven't needed to contact technical support directly. But the tools that they are providing are great.

The tool that was used most before QuickBase was probably Excel. QuickBase can definitely replace many Excel spreadsheets, but Excel will never go away.

The setup for each new user is extremely easy. It is as simple as providing an email address. The user then just has to set up a password.

We implemented through an in-house team. We didn't require the expertise of a vendor team. QuickBase is really easy to implement, even on a large scale.

It is hard to calculate the return on investment since I am not sure how it is used throughout our enterprise organization.

I would recommend anyone coming in from a big enterprise to negotiate their pricing. I'm sure that with additional users you can get a better price.

I wasn't involved in that initial process. My first introduction to QuickBase was at work where it was already being utilized.

What other advice do I have?

If you are someone who has utilized tools similar to Microsoft Access but would like to have a tool that works on the web, then QuickBase is definitely something that you should consider.

What is most valuable?

API Calls and Exact Forms. I am very pleased with the documentation and user input. It has helped me to keep all of my programming in house and will continue to do so.

How has it helped my organization?

I was able to take procedures that took many people and minimize the keystrokes and database touches by using API calls and formula url's to auto populate needed fields in multiple tables.

What needs improvement?

I just see the need for more integration with your Quickbooks suite of software and the display of Mobile data needs improvement. 2 fields is not enough.

6 years.

I never have in issue with deployment just and issue with user interaction. Its the Users fault though not following instruction.

Absolutely no stability issues. Works great with all my newer devices and computers. I think in the past 6 years I have been down 3 times and for very little time.

Being the customizable platform that Quickbase is there has been absolutely no issues with scalability. I can build any of my ideas and implement them immediately.

The few times that I have needed customer service in the past 6 years the service has been prompt and accurate. Very good phone conversations and I feel like it is not outsourced

The tech support has been great and very informative. They have helped us to the point that my current questions cannot be solved with quickbase programming and I am moving to java for the solutions.

No I did not use a previous solution, I started using Quickbase in the beginning of the company. So there was no software package to switch from. This is much easier to use that MS access.

Super easy to setup and I have had such a boost in confidence that I have out programmed the quickbase environment and are looking to learn java to help.

I have not used a vendor team and implemented everything in house. I tried to use a certain team and the made promises they could not fulfill.

I have never calculated the ROI for this product. I know It has saved me atleast 2 office positions, 60k per year I would say.

I am satisfied with my choice of 20 users. I have extras if needed for new hires and it provides me flexibility if I want to add a customer to the system temporarily the users are available.

I jumped right into Quickbase. It has a trusted Backing company and I use thier products also. I am very satisfied and would not want to switch to anything else.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a hosted database. Not having to worry about the computer hardware has been a help and I see expanding the service in the future.

Database Developer at a non-profit with 501-1,000 employees

What is most valuable?

It's highly customizable. We can easily create our own applications in-house to meet our needs. Once you understand the platform, there is no shortage of possible solutions to design problems.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to automate some workflows and make a lot of other workflows more simple. Since everything is in the cloud, communication has improved tremendously.

What needs improvement?

There are some clunky things about the options and interface, but they're working to improve them and are highly responsive to customer feedback.

I've used it for several years.

Everything can be improved, and one of the benefits of this platform is that it is fast and easy to implement improvements.

I haven't had any problems or know of anyone who has in our organization at all. QuickBase has not had any issues with stability that I'm aware of.

I haven't had any problems or know of anyone who has in our organization at all. QuickBase has not had any issues with scalability that I'm aware of.

Great, QuickBase is really responsive and always looking for customer feedback. Our rep is also a great go-to person and always responds quickly with very helpful insight.

Our systems were really old and we were converting from spreadsheets and old relational databases, so we didn't really encounter this. We switched because we were so out-of-date that we needed new solutions.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. Once you understand the platform, there is no shortage of solutions to design problems. The trickiest thing is always figuring out which solution will work best. The platform is really customizable so you can do a lot with it and improve over time.

We implemented mostly in-house, but worked with one outside service provider for some content that needed a more elegant solution.

This is not applicable for us. We are a non-profit that needs systems for tracking our work, so the return is not quantifiable.

The price point is very competitive and the terms of the contract are what you would expect. No surprises here as everything is pretty straight forward in my experience.

We looked at a few, but this offered the best customization and lowest sticker price for what we need it to do, so we are not using any other options.

What other advice do I have?

Once you understand the platform, there is no shortage of possible solutions to design problems. Try to train people outside of IT on the backend; one of the big benefits of QuickBase is it's accessibility to new low-tech users.

Strategic Projects Coordinator at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Features such as automated emails, workflows/business logic, and custom dashboards ensure access to real-time information, but the mobile app needs improvement.

Valuable Features:

We have found from using Intuit QuickBase that it allows for very custom, time-consuming business processes to be transformed into a simple "app" or database without any coding. The platform is a perfect alternative to Microsoft Access or Excel. The interface truly ensures adoption by all users (especially non-tech savvy individuals). QuickBase features such as automated emails, workflows/business logic, and custom dashboards with reporting ensure my users always have real-time information. Using QuickBase apps that support hundreds of users and core business processes, many which are custom to the industry or organization, replaces the need for ERP functionality.

Improvements to My Organization:

QuickBase has created a level of efficiency within the company that has not only reduced time on task, but has also increased accuracy. The solution has provided us with a tool to track and move information effortlessly, allowing us to eliminate our dependence on spreadsheets for tracking of time and expense reports. QuickBase has become a centralized point for all employees in the company. No longer are employees wasting valuable time searching for the most current template to complete their daily reporting. Another efficiency noted by implementing the system was the massive reduction in the number of emails with attached process documents sent back and forth between individuals and the many project and task status update emails.

Room for Improvement:

Improve mobile app and increase branding/white-labeling.

Use of Solution:

Over 2 years

Deployment Issues:

No, deployment and training was very simple due to the simple to understand interface.

5 star - always helpful and quick to respond

Powerplant Engineer Intern at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were able to create an application that made the overall process more visible, reduced errors, and decreased the communication gap, though the security and notifications features could be better.

What is most valuable?

The 'Alerts and Notifications', Integrating Tables, and new form features are impressive. Large data management and interactions is also pretty simple.

How has it helped my organization?

We created an application that made the overall process more visible, reduced errors, and decreased the communication gap.

What needs improvement?

The security and notifications features could be better. But nevertheless, it's a good one. The app could be made a little more visually appealing.

About 3 months.

No, I did not encounter any issues. The set up was easy and the webinars helped us a lot to quickly understand the basic concepts.

No. It was quite consistent and even the support team was very reliable. There were no stability issues as much as I have used the app.

I have used it on a small scale issue within my team, so really can't say much about the scalability. But for a small scale, in-house use, it is pretty good.

I would give a 5/5. That is the best thing about Quickbase. The response was both quick and reliable. The support cases were even helpful.

No, I did not use any different solutions. I took help from the Quickbase technical support team and it helped almost all the time.

It was easy to set up. It is not a big task nor does it require any skills of higher level. You can also use the instructions in helping to install it.

It was a in-house team project, but we are planning to make vendors involved. Within the team there were various engineers and technicians.

ROI is decrease in downtime and increased efficiency. Customer interaction was made easy and tracking the process also was easy.

Use the trial version for 30 days. You will definitely see the price worth the application. I would expect a long-term pricing option though.

No, it was not evaluated by me. It was chosen by another team. But the response is definitely worth it. There was lot of organizing done.

What other advice do I have?

If you have to manage a lot of data or organize a user database, this app is the best choice. Try the trial version and use it.

Business Analyst at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
We built open positions tracker, employee rosters, deployment trackers, etc., but it needs a multi-select drop-down, more flexible and adjustable UI.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase is a wonderful PaaS platform that offers ease in building small- and medium- sized projects/automation. It was very instrumental in meeting Accenture’s base requirements for automation at a low cost, easy-to-use, easily configured, customizable and flexible relational database. Highly reliable platform (multi-data center). Easily integrates with any system.

Best part is its multi-domain potential.

How has it helped my organization?

Integration of the solution with other enterprise solutions was very effective. We built open positions tracker, employee rosters, deployment trackers, etc. using this platform and were able to add inefficiencies in the overall process.

What needs improvement?

The product needs improvement on the performance side especially when the data tends to grow more than 2000 records in a table.

It's high time for them to build a multi-select drop down, more flexible and adjustable UI with support for more colors, schemes and themes.

1.5 Years

Deployment is a bit slow especially when enhancements have to be deployed because configuration changes needs to be deployed 1 by 1 on the production environment. Need a more efficient solution there.

No issues

No Issues encountered with scalability, that's in fact a strong area.

7/10

10/10

Yes, Time to Market was a major factor as we as the self-service feature.

Our first solution was a complex one but we got all the support/consulting from the vendor to ensure we were set for success

In House with consulting from a vendor. Vendor's level of expertise was 8/10.

Productivity Improvements

The product is fairly priced

What other advice do I have?

The solution has a lot to offer from Workflow, Notifications, Dashboards, Reporting and Charts, User Permissions, Form rules and formulas, customizations using jQuery, JS, HTML, PHP, XML API's etc

Sr. Functionality Specialist at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's given us the opportunity to create and store historic data using information we have not previously thought about tracking.

What is most valuable?

We have found countless features to put to use. Naming a few: Trending graphs, connected data, ability to use API. Also, the graphs are interactive and take you right to the data it's using.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has made our process more efficient over time. It has definitely given us the opportunity to create and store historic data using information we have not previously thought about tracking.

What needs improvement?

I think QuickBase should offer more web based classes on using javascript and API call out to create a better, more custom application. Even helping with creating stronger dashboards.

1 year

Yes, there was a slight learning curve being that Quickbase had been used by so little employees in our department so far. After traveling to cities like Boston and San Francisco, we were able to witness some of the power that could be unleashed with this tool.

Quickbase has only gone down a hand full of times. Each time, for only about 30 minutes max. This caused little if any distubance in our group.

We have not had any issues with scalability. This product has remained fast, simple, and ready to store countless records.

Customer service is completely wonderful. You can turn in a question and someone will get back with you rather quick if not within a day. They set an appointment with me and walked me through step-by-step a formula.

Technical Support is the same. You can turn in a question and someone will get back with you rather quick if not within a day. They set an appointment with me and walked me through step-by-step a formula.

We were using Microsoft Office for most data files and trying to utilize graph and communicate them over e-mail and powerpoints. We knew there was a better way.

Set up is easy if you know a few things about data normalization. If you are referring to the set up of a user in QB, that process was as simple as requesting access.

We use Trinity IS if needed. They were able to assist us with any business process that we were unable or too busy to create in Quickbase.

Return on investment (ROI) is the benefit to the investor resulting from an investment of some resource. A high ROI means the investment gains compare favorably to investment cost. This is not applicable to me.

A business arrangement in which one company gives another company permission to manufacture its product for a specified payment. This is also not applicable.

Salesforce was initially something we looked at and are still looking at purchasing. Quickbase came first and it's a good thing because Quickbase and Salesforce are about to utilize each other by connecting data.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any questions regarding this solution. Other than why is there a 120-character count required responses? Even though a few of the questions were not applicable to my situation.

Student at University of Oklahoma at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
The dynamic form rules allow a large number of possible permissions and accesses, but advanced users could use more programming options.

What is most valuable?

• The reporting is very powerful and very easy.
  • Dynamic form rules allow a large number of possibilities as far as permissions and access.

How has it helped my organization?

• Less paperwork and better flow from department to department.
  • Better communication and better customer service through reporting and notifications.

What needs improvement?

Make more programming options for advanced users.

Get rid of the limit on the number of dynamic form rules allowed in one form.

2 years

We encountered no issues with deployment outside of the expected tweaks we had to make in functionality. Tech support has been very very good.

In two years, our application has crashed only once. and the tech support at QuickBase had it back up in minutes. Very stable.

Scalability is not a problem. We use a single application for many transactions, many departments and many different tasks/uses.

Level of customer service is amazing. Not only do they always quickly respond to any problem, they call periodically just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Great tech support. Between the customer service when there is a problem and the community forum where QB professionals regularly answer questions, you can't beat it.

No, we previously were doing everything by hand and on paper. We grew quickly and it became no longer viable to conduct business that way.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You make an account and get with a representative and then you are on your way.

We developed everything in-house. It is so intuitive that application can be developed, tested and launched by one person with limited programming experience.

Great return. We are able to do more business and more efficiently than before using QuickBase. The cost is tiny compared to what it has allowed us to accomplish.

I would advise others to talk to a member of the QuickBase sales staff. They are very knowledgeable and will get you a plan to fit your needs.

Not many, when we saw all that Quickbase was capable of, we jumped on it. It was just what we were looking for in a business support application.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase is very intuitive, very powerful and a great way to increase efficiency, productivity and overall performance of any business.

Analyst 1 with 1,001-5,000 employees
It allows our admin, executives, and staff to understand information on a project and program level, but it's hard to create a template and have it populate information into Word.

What is most valuable?

Organizes data efficiently with tables and reports that are easy to use. From structuring information to having users enter in data, QuickBase has simple instructions for all users. Really useful with reporting figures to graphs and charts within the page.

How has it helped my organization?

Makes finding projects easier. It has improved our productivity in terms of not only project development but invoicing and finance. QuickBase makes it easy for admin, executives, and staff to understand information not only on a project level but at a program level. Helps with metrics and charts.

What needs improvement?

The only area of improvement I can think of is with templates. It's hard to create a template and have it populate information into Word. Also it is difficult to attach the company's logo and other informaiton easily.

4 years

Deployment was easy and we were able to start right away entering in information. Program and project managers were able to see information fast on a large scale. Executives were able to report revenue immediately.

No issues with stability. Both staff in the field and in the office are able to access virtually anywhere and input information easily so that others can review.

Scalability was a concern but QuickBase was able to scale large data files and information into programs and tables that worked on both a large and small scale.

The customer service on the phone and online are extremely helpful. There are also online chat areas do discuss formulas and other functions of QuickBase. Questions are usually answered within 1 business day.

The technical support is extremely helpful when questions arise due to information uploading and other reporting needs. Questions can be asked and a response is given within one business day.

We did have a CRM solution and switched because QuickBase provided a database that could be accessed anywhere and understood by staff, admin, IT, and executives. We wanted an easy place where executives and finance could view revenue easily

The initial set up was easy in terms of setting up tables and uploading data from excel on a massive scale. The only issue again arises from the inability to do templates. Exact forms do not make it easy to create templates that can be used for any project.

In-house was the way we implemented quickbase. We had staff that had database experience who were able to understand QuickBase easily and set up company and project information. Setting up users was extremely easy with rules as well as email.

ROI has increased with QuickBase. The amount of time people spend inserting information into QuickBase is less than excel. QuickBase has been helpful increasing finance productivity by making invoicing for all projects and programs easy.

The only thing I would advise on pricing is on the users and making sure all users are active in QuickBase. Also to make sure that file sizes are an important factor when deciding about price as well as documents will be uploaded.

We did evaluate others such as salesforce when choosing an option. Because of our data and confidentiality QuickBase was an easier choice and faster set up. We wanted to keep things separate from corporate and QuickBase helped in that aspect easier.

What other advice do I have?

The only advice again is on templates because many companies want to aggregate customer informaiton into a template to submit to either execs or to the customer and QuickBase uses exact forms which are not very helpful and often do not contain the customer logo. Also editing them once created is hard because it does not allow for word editing.

Tech Ops Maintenance Analyst at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have utilized lookup formulas to help automatically populate fields regarding employee workgroups, but it can be difficult to figure out how to overlap functions.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase provides a great way to generate reports quickly from large amounts of data. Information is easily organized using tables and one-to-many relationships. We have utilized lookup formulas to help automatically populate fields regarding employee workgroups with many fields.

How has it helped my organization?

In our organization, we keep track of the seniority of thousands of employees, as well as their particular workgroup and the location of that workgroup. QuickBase has allowed us to easily categorize these employees, workgroups, and work locations into separate tables and then relate them to one another for comprehensive reports. It has given us lots of visibility for our workers.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to overlap functions. For example, it isn't as easy as it would seem to make a line graph overlap a bar chart. Sometimes easy functions like this take a much longer than expected time to complete.

We have used QuickBase as a solution for one year three months.

In deployment we had some initial pushback from employees, who had been used to another system for over 10 years, for the process we were changing from.

Stability is constantly changing. Often times when we call with a large problem, we are redirected to "Trinity," Intuit's consulting and development group, who will then ask us to let them build the app for $XX rate.

Yes. Scalability issues resulted because of a lack of our knowledge in data normalization and data structuring. As with any system that keeps track of information or generates reports, you must have a strong system from the very bottom otherwise it will not be very scalable.

Customer service is great. All you have to do is open a ticket and a representative will be there to help you out. They call usually on the same day. I was able to learn QuickBase in less than a month because of their help.

Technical support and webinars help greatly. It is a huge asset to be able to see how QuickBase functions in many different scenarios (on a weekly basis) because of the webinars.

Yes, but our previous solution was really no solution at all. It was really just a place-filler that had no place being where it was. We used Microsoft Word tables to keep track of our employee records.

The initial setup was very easy. All it took was "creating an app" (or selecting an existing one), and building what you wanted to see right into it. Very, very straightforward.

We implemented through an in-house team that had about three months experience. The solution required a short user-guide to basic functions, which were picked up quickly based on their user-roles.

Our ROI is unable to be determined at this time. However, long term this solution is determined to help the company greatly with hiring forecasts in our maintenance department.

It may be worth your investment. Do your research and find out exactly how QuickBase can work for you. There are so many functions and capabilities. It would be a shame to not utilize something that you are paying for.

No. QuickBase was being used for other functions within our company and seemed like the best fit for the problem we were trying to solve.

What other advice do I have?

Be knowledgable. It can be an extremely useful program, but you will only get out what you put in. Put the hard work in and reap a great benefit!

Sr. Director, Techinical Operations & Training at a recruiting/HR firm with 501-1,000 employees
It's flexible and has unlimited options for operations and sales, but it could be improved with more UI customizability.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility and unlimited options for operations and sales. It's done everything we've needed and has a rich knowledge base.

How has it helped my organization?

It's improved our sales, marketing, and customer service while reducing costs. It has brought multiple platforms together to allow us a single set of standards.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more customization functions of the UI. For example, the ability to modify the color of the tool bar and also the ability to use the getting started but customized for end users.

5 years

Adoption is always a challenge. Overall quickbase was adopted easier than other applications we've used. Most of the training available is for an admin so it would help to have some basic training for users available.

Never an issue with stability. Quickbase is up 99.9% of the time and we've never seen the application do anything unexpected.

We did at first with the data storeage limits in place but since that has expanded we have not had an issue. We are growing quickly in the last year and the product has kept up.

Quickbase's service has been nothing less than outstanding and friendly. Anytime we have contacted support the experience has been quick and pleasant.

The technical support has been top notch. Any representative we have had has been knowledgeable and thorough and resolved our issue quickly.

Yes, we used goldmine which was unstable , wasn;t user friendly , and poorly adopted. It was also an on premise solution which was a challenge to support.

The initial setup is as complex or straightforward as you make it. You can choose from a ready made application or start off with your own from scatch.

In house team of 1 (me) pitched the solution, built the apps, and deployed them. My level of experience with the application was zero and all self taught through the knowledge base.

I don't believe that's a number I can accurately calculate. There are so many places we have saved time and resources I don't think i can remember them all.

We were first discounted but now that we are paying per person I see we are paying full price; This is something to keep an eye on if you are sizeable and placed at full price.

Yes, we looked at Microsoft Dynamics and the latest version of Goldmine. Microsoft Dynamics was extremely expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Use Quickbase. You won't regret it! You'll be in control of your own destiny and won't have to rely on anyone else to give you the ability you need.

Project Manager at Accenture
Power Packed - High on Ammo

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature of QuickBase is it's Bulk import feature. While comparing this product with others that we reviewed for implementation, this one feature stood out among others. The ease with which bulk import works especially the copy excel to clipboard feature has given enough flexibility to end users & clients.

Another feature which has very pleasantly come across is the customizations feature where complex algorithms & reports can be built using JQuery & JavaScript yet amalgamates really well with its out of box components.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to add productivity in our learning processes, Reduce total FTE percentage. Streamlined workflow processes at a low cost to serve also keeps our clients happy.

Since the product is not domain specific, we've been able to utilize this product into various domains and processes.

What needs improvement?

1. Need better automated performance management across sites.

2. QuickBase lacks multi-lingual support which is highly required.

3. Multi-select dropdown is a must-have.

4. User selection based on user groups and not all users is a must have.

1.5 years

No Issues.

No issues so far except a recent unavailability of QuickBase due to data center issue. All instances were down for 5-6 hours during that time affected our work heavily.

No issue so far.

Unavailability of the support site in case of issues/site down leads to a bad user experience. This has happened recently which added to distrust.

Also there is no availability of Customer service over Telephone or a live web chat. Relying only on support tickets or raising issues over service page in case a site is down or issues are being fixed yeilds to unpleasant experience.

Customer service is average.

Good

Used an in-house implementation team however switched over to the vendor due to the following benefits:

1. Low cost to serve

2. Ease of making changes to the application

3. Time to market was considerably reduced in comparison to previous solution

The setup in our case was complex because we needed to implement complex algorithms which we did using customizations. We needed to build integration with 3rd party solutions, SSO/SAML, currency conversions etc.

We implemented through a vendor team. Would rate the vendor (8/10).

15% ROI in terms of CTS (Cost to serve) during the 1st year.

Reduction in FTE by 20%

License cost is a bit high and can be looked into with Intuit

We evaluated the following options:

1. SharePoint

2. Salesforce

3. All n One

System Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees
We're able to create relational database tables and end users can make their own applications without any coding, but the API should be in JSON, not XML.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable are the ones that allow me, as a developer, to create business applications rapidly. Quickbase has some amazing built in tools that allow users to get ideas up and running very quickly. Personally, I really enjoy the ease of creating relational database tables, Quickbase does this so effortlessly anyone can do it. The roles and permission features are also very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Quickbase allows us to conceptualize an idea and deploy it very quickly to users. It even has the ability to let end users make their own applications without any coding.

What needs improvement?

The API uses XML. I would like to see them update the system to include are more popular format like JSON. The mobile version of the applications could also be improved.

3 Years

The only issues with deployment seem to be the extra time involved in setting up roles and permissions for tables fields and reports. By default a new field allows modify to everyone. It is quite tedious adjusting these for every new field. It would be nice if the field level access control had a feature that could make all a certain privilege at once.

A few times, the system has seen a "traffic jam" and very rarely does it go down, but it has had some hiccups this year with our systems being down a whole afternoon.

No, Quickbase scales nicely as long as the developer builds with scalability in mind.

Intuit seems to try to create a lot of content for new users to get up and running like webinars. I have never had to use it, but I think their support is just fine.

Many different solutions to suit many different business processes. We switched because it is a lot easier and cheaper to run one system instead of multiples.

Yes, it was a straightforward setup. Simply signup, login and start creating. Intuit offers a trial subscription so you can easily give it a try.

The system was integrated in house, migrating all data over from previous systems. The import process is easy and makes migration a breeze.

The ROI we see is mostly through time saved from users using multiple applications, sometimes cumbersome for what the application demands.

The pricing is affordable and comparable to other platforms that have less features and the credibility of Intuit behind it.

We looked at a variety of options and tried a selection of software to suit our needs. We even went the route of developing custom business applications that were costly to maintain to achieve our goals.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product with a great team developing it. Speaking with some development team members at a conference, Quickbase is really moving forward with new developments.

Secretary@MVCTC, Ind. Designer with Origami Owl at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
As our organization has grown exponentially, this solution has been highly scalable, allowing us to add more records and fields each year. Charting, graphing, and forms, however, could be improved.

What is most valuable?

The ease in setting up individual tables and applications and making vital connections so there is not a need for duplicate data entry.

How has it helped my organization?

We can provide clean data in a matter of minutes rather than days or even weeks in some cases. We have become accustomed to always asking for any data given to us to be in a format that we can easily upload if we choose to do so (csv, spreadsheet, or txt).

What needs improvement?

There could be better charting, graphing, and forms available. Exact forms can sometimes be a little difficult and there could be an option with different user interfaces.

6-7 years

No. When we deployed this project we started with one app to let everyone familiarize themselves and then shared the larger app with many more connections and fields.

No. In the years we have used QB we have maybe experienced 3 times where the system was unavailable for an hour or less.

No, we have not encountered any issues. We started small and have grown exponentially adding more records and fields each year.

Their customer service is great! They reply to requests almost immediately or within a time frame that you can request.

Their technical support is top notch! They not only reply through email, customer portal, or phone, but will also set-up live scren displays so they can work through an issue while looking at your computer screen.

Yes, we used a standard database system that came with our other office software package.The system was cumbersome and was difficult to almost impossible to have multiple users on at one time.

Our initial set-up was very straightforward. We had a meeting prior to the set-up to decide what fields were needed to fulfill the needs of any reporting requests that we were aware of and from there I developed a design or map of sorts to develop our own app.

We made this decision in house based on the opinions, knowledge, and work experience of a new employee who had previous experience with Quickbase.

If we were to sit down and calculate how much money has been spent in the purchase of this product versus the salaries for the staff who are asked to fulfill the request, I would say this has been a good purchase for the price we pay.

When looking at the cost of QB versus other possible products be sure to look at what customer and technical support is available for a product that costs less, but also whether additional features are included or must be purchased as an add-on.

No, a new employee at the time had prior knowledge and work experience with Quickbase, so we did not evaluate other options at the initial purchase. Since then we have started looking at other lower cost options, but have not found something that meets all the same needs that Quickbase has been able to fulfill.

What other advice do I have?

If you are unsure of your choice, sign-up for their free trial. Review some of the already built apps and look at how easy it is to build your own apps. Post a question and see how quickly someone responds. I'm sure you will find this product and service hard to beat.

QuickBase Admin at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
One clean database - a company's dream come true
We struggled for several years with disparate databases for customers and prospects. Neither sales nor support staff were able to give the time needed to learn the other department's systems. After researching the many options, QuickBase seemed to give the most logical solution to our pressing CRM issues. And, its flexibility and multiple apps would allow us to add other workflow management schemes to our systems.  We have been thrilled to have all our info in one place.  It is so convenient for people who are traveling on company business to be able to see their customers' info without being tied to a local computer, and to be able to update that info on the fly.  In the "old days" getting reports from the various systems required a lot of trial and error, specialized SQL statements…

In the "old days" getting reports from the various systems required a lot of trial and error, specialized SQL statements written by the IT department, and more. Now, a few clicks and each employee can generate whatever report s/he needs right then and there.

What's missing? There are some lacks of congruence between the help files and the actual application, with "this information refers to a previous version of QuickBase" appearing somewhat frequently. It would be nice to have a QuickBase for Dummies sort of thing that reflects the current version (yes, I know that's not a QuickBase-produced item). And I am never a fan of grayed-out options that spring to life when one hovers over them. People of a certain age have enough problems seeing; when it's very challenging to tell what is active and what isn't, or even what exists and what doesn't, it can make using an application challenging. For example, on the page where one creates filters for reports, the criteria action options don't show up unless one hovers. And on the table creation (or deletion) page, the options are only faintly there until one gets right over them. (Now, that's probably good so one doesn't willy-nilly delete tables and mess everything up, but that's debatable if one can't even see the options.)

We are looking forward to implementing more and more features. In fact, our company is so excited about this product that they felt it was vital for me to attend the QuickBase Empower 2015 Conference!

If you implement QuickBase, sign up for every blog, email, update, alert, and webinar that they offer.  Don't miss out on any of the new FREE features - like bubble charts, funnel charts, and automatic syncing to many other products.

Vice President Creative Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
This cloud-based solution completely replaced our combination of Excel, legal pads, Post-It notes, and a massive shared drive.

What is most valuable?

Auto notifications, required fields, conditional drop downs, and mobile compatibility are all key for us. The simple fact that it's cloud based was a huge improvement on what we were using. As they rest of the company jumps on the QuickBase ship, it helps that I can relate one application to another.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using a combination of excel, legal pads, Post-It notes, and a massive shared drive. Our field personnel would have to VPN in to retrieve docs and submit photos, and in the office people would spend hours hunting around for lost folders. QuickBase centralized our job tracking, took us paperless, and automated several positions.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is week and outdated. It would be nice if it were easier to customize without the use of code.

4 Years

Yes, but not because of QuickBase. Our team here needed some serious change and management help. The original architects of our spreadsheets held on to them like a security blanket.

Other than an outage that lasted a few hours shortly after deployment, no. From what I understand they operate on redundant data centers, so no worries.

Quite the opposite, QuickBase has scaled wonderfully. We are a high-transaction construction company and our apps handle the scaling without a second thought.

Customer service was fine. Nothing I'd write home about, but nothing to complain about either. Communication could have been a little better and our rep left the company shortly after purchase.

Customer service is top notch! They have a great team and it's been a treat each time I've needed help. At first I was irritated that I could not call in directly, but their email case management has been great.

Previous solution was spreadsheets, Buildertrend, Post-It notes, and Google calendars. We needed something that was entirely cloud-based and centralized. So short version, we did not have a solution in place.

Initial setup was rather complex as QuickBase does not allow the structuring of reports and tables as easily as Excel.

We implemented using CirrusOps. Their level of expertise is outstanding. Eric and his team are top notch. We have been relying on them for over 6 months and they continue to exceed our expectations.

We've doubled our job capacity and reduced our headcount by 20%. Not to mention that we now have visibility into the business that we never imagined was possible.

Look for ways to share a license with a team or similar job functions if possible. Other than that, pricing is not bad.

We looked at Buildertrend and Salesforce, but neither could be customized as needed. Did not seriously evaluate anything other than QuickBase.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase has been a game changer. Some have even called it a God-send. Our clients now ask us for reporting on their businesses that they can only get from us because of QuickBase. Not a week goes by that our field based employees don't call or email expressing their love of QuickBase.

Analytics Manager - Applications at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We enjoy rapid development and that new apps can be stood up at the click of a button. I think work flows could use improvement.

What is most valuable?

Being able to set up apps in seconds with no worries about infrastructure or domain registration. It really brings rapid development to any organizations fingertips.

How has it helped my organization?

We have ditched the spreadsheets and now are able to collaborate on tasks without a fear of data loss. Before with excel they were being emailed back and forth and sometimes we were not sure what was the latest data.

What needs improvement?

I think work flows could use a great improvement. There isn't a sure fire way to use and set up workflows other than filtering reports.

1 year

There is no deployment, its very easy to set up with the great customer support. I wasn't involved with the initial set up.

Up time hasn't been an issue for us. There has only been 3 or 4 outages over the past 12 months. We also do data back ups.

Have over 700 users and should be scaling to 2000, so no issues. We continue to build apps across more and more business units

Very high, anytime you open a support ticket you are contacted within 24 hours if not 12 hours. This is important so these issues that are sometimes easy to solve don't hold us back.

Very high, been able to solve most of my problems when I open a ticket. Very quick responses and I'm able to contact my sales engineer quite easily.

We used excel and spreadsheets. It was slow and clunky and we had lots of data loss. We also had some processes on paper which was very inconvenient and inconsistent.

I wasn't involved in the initial set up so I can not speak to this. I would imagine it is quite simple and the sales engineer will always be there to help.

Its tough to say, as a lot of these operation teams don't have that type of KPI. We do know we have decreased hours on our offshore audit team because our workflows have gotten much quicker.

Make sure you pick the price plan that suits your needs, and always be ready to scale higher because you will see more and more use cases for Quickbase.

I wasn't involved in the initial set up so I can not speak to this. I would imagine there are other options but this suited our needs the best.

What other advice do I have?

Democratization of IT is very important to our company. We really enjoy rapid development and the fact that new apps can be stood up at the click of a button.

Senior Job Captain at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Documentation of how to customize beyond the basics is very difficult to find. Overall, the quick creation of reports, notifications, and new fields has made using this product very useful.

What is most valuable?

The quick creation of reports, notifications, and new fields has made using this product very useful. As we are constantly starting new types of projects that need different data to be captured this is a must.

How has it helped my organization?

With the notifications and reports administrative time has been cut by more than half. As these functions are needed first on a daily basis in order to schedule that day this has made an amazing impact on our day to day business.

What needs improvement?

Documentation of how to customize beyond the basics is very difficult to find. Most items are some form of the user base rigging something to imitate the desired behavior.

3 Years

There were no issues with deployment. The QuickBase support team was very helpful in making sure everything worked and were able to help resolve any issues prior to deployment.

Yes, we had speed issues but this was solved as we had some unusual characteristics of how our database was structured. QuickBase was able to help advise on the needed changes and help resolve the issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. We do not use it to the extent of other organizations and so I do not see this every being a problem. Currently we manage over 7000 projects in our main database without issue.

I would give CS a 9 out of 10. They are very responsive and helpful. The support portal is easy to navigate and the cases are easy to follow and view their status.

I would rate their technical support as 8 out of 10. They are very helpful but cannot or will not help with certain areas of customization. This is usually the types of customization that other users have had to resort to odd implementations of javascript or other languages as the software has not been upgraded to included some functions.

We were previously using excel and so the need to switch to a better means of project management was felt by everybody. This was a service that we were somewhat familiar with from some of our clients and so was looked at first.

Straightforward. The UI makes it very easy to get up and running. At its easiest setup can be as simple as importing a current excel file. This then allows for the creation of reports and notifications which will make access the data faster and more manageable. Beyond this takes more time but does not increase much in difficulty.

We went with an in-house approach to implement QuickBase. This did cause some issues due to the need to learn the service first but was not overly difficult. This did have a downside as we did not have an expert in-house to create the highly useful databases that a vendor is able to do.

We save roughly 50% on the associated tasks. We have not taken the time to really calculate the ROI as it is noticeable that our day to day business is much more efficient.

Ultimately the setup cost was a couple months of overhead for (1) employee creating everything and testing the database.

Upper management may have looked at other options but did not really take much time with this if they did. We were already familiar with the service as we had clients who were using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would make sure that when planning the database you make the effort to make sure that your structure allows for all the useful report types to be created. The biggest issue we have is we cannot use Gantt charts easily as our database is not setup to create these well.

Brian Cameron
Increased our productivity by allowing us to manage our back office with with just a few employees.

How has it helped my organization?

In our business many of our folks work in the field. We created a killer timecards application to manage project labor cost. We process 300 timecards a week and upload them into Intuit QuickBooks and process payroll with Intuit Payroll Services.

Our Human Resources app manages personnel and benefits data allowing us to reconcile benefits providers' invoices and the company's costs of benefits.

In the Construction business, we recognize revenue and cost using the Percentage of Completion accounting method. I wrote a QuickBase app to do Work In Process calculations.

These apps and others I have created increase our productivity and allow us to manage our back office with with just a few employees.

9 Years

None at all because you can take one workflow challenge at a time and create a more efficient and productive solution at your own pace.

Never.

QuickBase is the most easily scalable software product I have encountered in my 30 years of software solution implementations.

Superior.

Superior.

We graduated from spreadsheets and MSAccess. We switched because we needed a web based solution.

Easy because you do not have to drop entire software product on your employees all at once.

I developed all the applications for our company.

ROI is a more productive back office team where QuickBase is the first choice solution vs. human beings.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase is the only product where I can translate the manner in which our company does business into a software solution(s). I have yet to find a workflow challenge or unique project requirement that I cannot satisfy with QuickBase.

Tech Support Staff at a training & coaching company
Organizes your whole company and works great no matter where they are located.

What is most valuable?

Reports are easy and Quickbase gives you what you need at your fingertips.

How has it helped my organization?

Billing use to be a lot of papers from different tech's and now it is all done in Quickbase with no paper whatsoever. Tickets are entered and read the same day not at the end of the month now.

What needs improvement?

Formulas look like Greek. I need to learn and it just looks so complicated.

4 months using Quickbase.

No issues with deployment it was easy to transition into.

We have had no stability issue's yet.

Quickbase system has the ability to process our tickets no matter how many we use a month. It works great with a few or we have gotten up to 200 tickets a month so far no problems. Love the speed and flexibility of this program.

Customer Service is A+ and they help any where you need them with a friendly and knowledgeable attitude. I love the info videos.

A+

We used paper reports and ticket logs. It was very time consuming. Now NO paper work and it has cut our time in half.

A vendor team set up our system and I am learning to tweak it here and there.

They were very helpful and did everything we ask them to do.

Yes my boss looked at a few programs. I do not know which though.

Director of Computer Services with 51-200 employees
QuickBase is a much better fit for our small business than Salesforce.com ever was

What is most valuable?

Configuration and setup are so much more intuitive and powerful, without the many limitations that come with Salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

We can now get complex reports natively in QuickBase, whereas with Salesforce we needed to revert to Microsoft Access for many of our reporting needs.

What needs improvement?

Validation rules should get handled at the database level, not the form level. There is too much risk in having integrity issues with the database when records can be updated through importing, the API or in grid edit mode and not need to pass the validations which only work through dynamic form rules. Also, we need more built-in control over cascade deletions of child and grandchild records when a parent record is deleted, and also the ability to prevent parent record deletion when children are related.

3 months

QuickBase is too stingy with its application storage.

Not yet.

Not yet.

Good so far, haven't had to use much.

Excellent

We have been on Salesforce.com for the last 7 years, but it isn't as good a fit for a small business like ours. Too many limitations, too much programming overhead and complexity with Apex, unit tests, etc.

Straightforward

Doing it myself with the help of Data Collaborative. They have been extremely helpful.

I systematically looked at over 225 other cloud database and project management platforms before deciding that QuickBase was the best fit for our needs.

Project Analyst at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Infinitely flexible, intuitive, and easy to learn

Valuable Features

One of the best things about Quickbase is how flexible it is. For the most part, if you can dream it, you can build it.

Improvements to My Organization

Instead of passing a spreadsheet around by e-mail, Quickbase has allowed us to have a single "source of the truth" that allows us to maintain data integrity without worrying about who has the latest version of which document.

Room for Improvement

Not everything is perfectly intuitive and some features require you to write some code and/or formulas (for example, setting up recurring tasks or appointment, or colorcoding fields based on their values)

Good.

Good.

AVP - Business Process Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use product

Valuable Features:

Project Management tools and tracking

Room for Improvement:

Organizations, and time management for projects.

Use of Solution:

3 years

No technical issues.

Scalability Issues:

No issues with scalability.

Implementation Team:

In-house

Other Advice:

Great, easy to use product.

Valuable Features:

Project Management tools and tracking

Room for Improvement:

Organizations, and time management for projects.

Use of Solution:

3 years

No technical issues.

Scalability Issues:

No issues with scalability.

Implementation Team:

In-house

Other Advice:

Great, easy to use product.

Manager of Continuous Improvement with 1,001-5,000 employees
QuickBase is very easy to learn and deploy. The platform allows for development of apps within days.

What is most valuable?

Dynamic form rules Customization of email notifications based on any fired action of a field

How has it helped my organization?

We have migrated various spreadsheets into QuickBase, which has allowed multiple users to work on the same database at the same time and provided us with better tracking.

What needs improvement?

Allow for multiple languages. There is only the capability of having 1 report per notification. We would like to be able to insert multiple reports into the one email notification to give a better overview.

None

Only issue is a challenge we have with employees resetting…

What is most valuable?

Dynamic form rules

Customization of email notifications based on any fired action of a field

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Allow for multiple languages.

None

Only issue is a challenge we have with employees resetting their passwords due to forgetting their security questions.

None

Customer service is great on the weekdays, but almost non-existent on the weekends. Our business is a 7 day a week operation, and sometimes support is delayed.

The level of technical support is high, but sometimes it takes a few iterations to get the answer you need do to canned responses in the beginning.

The initial setup was straightforward, and training the end users was very simple.

We implemented internally, but we leveraged Advantage QuickBase to help train the trainer on QuickBase development.

I'm not allowed to discuss the specifics, but the solution has been financially favorable versus other solutions.

Quotations with 501-1,000 employees
We previously kept only hard copies of all our quotes, now we can share them digitally, or grant them QB access.

What is most valuable?

Access to Professionals, who are more than happy to help.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows us to keep all our information in one place accessible no matter where we travel to, different locations etc.

What needs improvement?

I have not encountered any areas for improvement, when working with my apps a couple of times I have thought, hmm this could be changed or maybe this would be a good idea, but Intuit has already thought of this. If there is something, that has not been thought of I can submit it to the community and it could possibly be a future enhancement.

1 year and 2 months

None

There was one time where Quickbase was down, I called and let them know the issue I was having the let me know that it was not just me that it was affecting all QB users, then provided me with a website where I could view status updates while they were working on it. The issue started around 3:30pm and was up and running by the next business day, when I signed in.

102% excellent

Super awesome

We previously kept only hard copies of all our quotes, now we can share them with sales reps digitally, or grant them QB access. In addition with our further expansion into other territories we are able to share information seamlessly.

Easy enough. If I were in a situation where I wasn't as technically inclined, there is a great team ready to help.

What other advice do I have?

Quickbase is a powerhouse, with unlimited possibilities and versatility for use.

Account Manager, Small Groups at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Quickbase is an afforable way to solve real issues

Valuable Features:

Quickbase's fast setup and easy user management makes it a very versatile tool across all disciplines.

Improvements to My Organization:

Used it for HRIS, applicant tracking, accounts payable/receiveable, and CRM.

Room for Improvement:

A more robust mobile application.

Use of Solution:

7 years

Deployment Issues:

More advanced features have a steeper learning curve for admins with less technical skill, but that's to be expected.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

Used it for HRIS, applicant tracking, accounts payable/receiveable, and CRM.

Room for Improvement:

A more robust mobile application.

Use of Solution:

7 years

Deployment Issues:

VP of Application Services & PMO at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and change
We have used Quickbase as a CRM solution for many years. We can quickly make changes to the application as the business needs change. The tool is easy to use especially for capturing the data from our staff. The one area that we struggle with on some occasions is the reporting.

President with 51-200 employees
Is there life without QuickBase?

What is most valuable?

How easy it is to modify the platform. It's designed very well and very easy to learn.

How has it helped my organization?

We kept on having issues with freight companies forgetting to book ahead of time appointments for pick-up and drop-offs. Using QuickBase, ItDuzzit, JotForm. Once we create a PO we automatically send the Pick-up and drop off location an email with a link. They click the link, see a form with the information on the order. They confirm the time or modify it and what ever they put automatically goes into QuickBase.

What needs improvement?

QuickBase has improved our lives in so many ways. So let me count the ways.

Keeping track of all our prices, keeping over 500 fields of data per item, keeping track of lumping charges on outbound loads, keeping track if clients are ordering in proper incremental orders. Assisting in calculating complex pricing for opportunities. etc...

I would like to see QuickBase add a native solution for sending out PDF files which have parent and child records. (ie an Invoice, Purchase Order, and Sales Order)

2 Years

AMAZING!!!

GREAT!!!

We found nothing that did it all for us in one cloud base solution. QuickBase does it all. If you can think it it can do it.

Pretty straightforward. It is a pretty logical platform. Well designed.

In-house

QuickBase has helped us catch theft that had occurred and allow us to realize sales opportunities we never had before.

Cost is less than $400/month

I spend a lot of time improving on it. So if you put my time in the past 2 years on this product it would be close to $80,000 of my time.

Yes and it did not do what this platform does.

Manager of Data Analytics at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Easy to customize and store large quantities of data.

Valuable Features:

It is easy to import and export large amounts of data and construct data relationships within multiple apps.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has enabled us to automate many reporting and alert functions. We have built apps for other departments of our company without any advanced computer programming training or background.

Room for Improvement:

The reporting is very easy to use but opportunities for advanced customization of layout and summary fields can be limited when compared to other ad hoc report writing tools.  Also, some advanced needs have to be dealt with by using third party vendors instead of internal support at Quickbase.

Use of Solution:

We have used Quickbase for many years.

Quickbase provides excellent customer service and networking opportunities.

Director of Operations with 51-200 employees
TCO for this product is very compelling when fully utilized

Valuable Features:

The reporting feature has to be my favorite. Quickbase provides you many ways to provide relevant reports to keep your team members on task. The mapping field could use a little improvement. There is a 100 record limitation and you can't change the colors of the pins based on different criteria with out going outside QB. You can only have one default report. It would be nice to create a "Drill Down" report to assign to each report so the user sees what you want when they drill down on a specific report.

Improvements to My Organization:

With any company that has a lot of silos of data, there are many areas for us to optimize our effectiveness and efficiency. The first improvement we made was the bridging the gap between the acquisition of new customers and the management and development of existing customers.

Use of Solution:

2 Years

Deployment Issues:

I did all the deployment and development. We did not use any outside services. It took a little time, but this product is pretty straight forward. We moved from Filemaker and Excel Spreadsheets.

Stability Issues:

Periodic outages are a concern, but overall they are stable.

Engineer at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Very helpful for obtaining/providing multiple types of information throughout a company and/or to clients.

What is most valuable?

The customization and complete set of tools.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a standard place for information retention without individual excel files for each person in our firm.

A year and a half

We didn't know our workflow well enough to implement at first.

Yes. It was a DOS-based database system that was only available on ONE computer in our home office, and it could NOT be accessed via the web.

What is most valuable?

The customization and complete set of tools.

A year and a half

We didn't know our workflow well enough to implement at first.

Some things were straightforward. Some were complex. We did not have enough time because of ongoing projects to devote to the development/setup.

In-house.

Yes. Multiple ones.

COO with 51-200 employees
If you have the data in excel, you can easily import into a prebuilt QB app.

Valuable Features:

You can easily import old Excel data to a new pre-built app. The ability to customize the the database to fit your own company is endless.

Improvements to My Organization:

Being a small company, we don't have an IT department and love the fact we don't ever need to worry about the database being down.

Room for Improvement:

The ability to add our company branding.

Use of Solution:

We have used QuickBase since we started back in 2008.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

The ability to add our company branding.

Use of Solution:

We have used QuickBase since we started back in 2008.

Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Easy to implement, customize, and grow

What is most valuable?

QB is very easy to implement with pre-built apps such as the Project Management app. You can quickly customize it to fit your needs and it's easy to keep improving and growing your app. The ability to easily create reports is nice as well.

How has it helped my organization?

We used the Project Management app during an ERP implementation. It was a huge success for tracking the tasks and issues and has grown into a bug tracker and change request log after Go Live.

1 year

No. It was extremely easy to setup and we were up and running in less than an hour.

No. There have been 2 brief downtimes in the past year that we've used Quickbase. They are good about notifying customers when work will be done to the system so you can plan ahead.

No. Our apps have been evolving and growing and Quickbase aids in our ability to do this.

Excellent. They have online tech support and always respond quickly. A tech will even set a time to have a call and remotely log in to work on the issue with you. You can give them access to your app and they will even dig into the problem for you, if needed.

Excellent. They have always helped me and definitely know their product well.

Yes, we tried Zoho as a Project Management app. It was too simple and lacked a lot of features that we needed.

Setup is extremely easy. You can have a functional app in place in minutes thanks to their prebuilt apps. From there, you can customize the app as needed to fit your needs.

In house.

Program Manager at a printing company with 10,001+ employees
A great tool for many skill levels

What is most valuable?

You can easily import old Excel data to a new App. Once you have an App, the possibilities are endless. You can create custom reports and slice and dice the information with ease. I strongly recommend this product to anyone who has challenges at their organization regarding information and data management. It has opened up new possibilities and reduced the stress levels for those who are using it.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer have rogue Excel files floating around the office. All of our information is in one place at one time.

What needs improvement?

More customization with Branding.

6 months

Nope. Single Sign on and API calls to the databases may take a little time. More of a company challenge than a Quickbase issue.

Nope.

Nope.

A lot of resources are available. Not as easy to pin down the development team.

Average.

Yes, Excel. Too many versions in too many places.

Straightforward. Sign the agreement and off you go!

An outside vendor team. Would not use them again.

it_user6858
BI Expert with 501-1,000 employees
Great product. Flexible, handles workflow, and has built-in reporting and notification capabilities

Valuable Features:

Quickbase allows quick and easy control of your data structures. It provides an Excel-like capability to create calculated fields and derived data. It also makes it a snap to create reports and setup email/dashboard notifications based upon data movement.

Room for Improvement:

As with any product, you must ensure that users have the right roles in order to be able to access the appropriate areas of the product. For example, you don't want a report consumer to be able to login and change the data model. This takes time to do correctly for each application. Quickbase has a very flexible security model and allows field-level security by role.

Other Advice:

Use this tool to handle project management and processes that require workflow. I use Quickbase as a platform rather than a product.