QuickBooks Desktop Reviews

industry
rating
QuickBooks ProAdvisor at a consultancy
Jan 16 2018

What is most valuable?

* The ability to do deep dives into accounting research * The simplicity of each of its modules with Customers, Vendors, and Employees * As a certified ProAdvisor, their customer service is the best I have ever experienced for anything.

How has it helped my organization?

With QuickBooks Desktop, you can open multiple companies. The program is on your computer, it's not cloud-based. I first used it when I ran a not-for-profit for nine years. I was also able to use it for my personal finances, and now that I am... more»

What needs improvement?

In their journal entries, you cannot use Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable more than once. For example, I owe company "A" $100, so company "A" is Accounts Payable, and I just want to list it one by one by one. If I want to add more... more»
Reseller
President
May 07 2018

What is most valuable?

It is an easy to use accounting software at a reasonable price. It is built for small businesses to track income and expenses, track sales tax and inventory, pay 1099 contractors, create and send invoices and estimates, manage bills and... more»

How has it helped my organization?

This product is for a low-cost comprehensive accounting package for a small business. It automatically provides industry reports without additional setup.

What needs improvement?

The ability to integrate outside apps is lacking (compared to the online versions) and ability to download bank transactions does not work as well as it should.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM Maximo vs QuickBooks Desktop and others in Billing Software.
291,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Purchasing Analyst
Dec 10 2017

What is most valuable?

It does everything your business needs it to do. The online version is convenient. You can work with it anywhere, even on your phone.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps bills paid and invoices made. Without QB, we would be a much smaller business. Our ability would be limited to time and resources used in accounting.

What needs improvement?

Ease of usage, more options, and customizable areas, especially for Online QB, which needs more. Eventually, I see everything online, but it is almost as if they are only allowing us to use a limited version to keep the demand for the desktop... more»
GUIDER at a tech services company
Aug 02 2018

What is most valuable?

Ease of use Compatibility with Windows and offline functionality makes it an all time working software. Easily customizable platform

How has it helped my organization?

Paperless record keeping has made accounting between various store branches easy, and has made it easy to track cash flow and all transactions, which allows for quick determination of profit or loss.

What needs improvement?

The customer response team is slow and sometimes causes the user to have a loss. Improving this would attract new users and help existing users utilize the software for optimum profitability.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About QuickBooks Desktop

291,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.

QuickBooks Desktop Questions

QuickBooks Desktop Projects By Members

QuickBooks Desktop Consultants

What is QuickBooks Desktop?

QuickBooks Desktop is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer.