RadView WebLOAD OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

RadView WebLOAD is the #12 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Apache JMeter: RadView WebLOAD vs Apache JMeter

What is RadView WebLOAD?

WebLOAD is an enterprise scale load testing product that powers the most demanding performance experts in the world. WebLOAD supports hundreds of technologies. DevOps teams will feel right at home with WebLOAD's flexible built-in scripting capabilities.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

RadView WebLOAD Customers

GoDaddy, Praxair, DeVry University and the College Board.

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about RadView WebLOAD pricing:
  • "We purchased a license for two years."
  • "It costs $8,600 yearly and we have the Cloud, which is an additional $800. Our perpetual license is $800 and then the Cloud functionality with our 500 users is the $8,600."

RadView WebLOAD Reviews

KA
Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good reporting, but the developers need the ability to write their own code

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is reporting."
  • "Technical support is slow and wastes a lot of time, so it needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is performance testing. Before we put an application into production, we use this solution to test it. If we think that our application will be used by one hundred users, then we test to see if it is accessible for two hundred. Essentially, it is a stress-test to see if the application can support this volume.

We have an on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This has allowed us to determine the robustness of our application of how many concurrent users can used the system. This has allowed us to determine the latency, response time issue and failure that might occur in production environment

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is reporting. It is interesting, intuitive, and we can do some parameterization. It is very good.We can use an Existing template for our reporting or devise our own portfolio for the reporting with different analytic

What needs improvement?

We have had a lot of trouble with this solution, and it is actually adapted to our application.

Technical support is slow and takes lot of time, so it needs to be improved. Because we don't have any support for this solution, we are thinking about changing.

The user documentation is too long .

If the developer could write their own code then this solution would be much better. When you hit record and play, you don't know what is happening in the background. It is generating code, but you don't see it.

This solution is difficult to work with.

I have been working with this solution for about four months.

This is a very powerful software and we haven't had any crashes. It is stable.

This solution is only used before we put an application into production, which is not on a daily basis.

Scalability depends on what you want to do. For example, if you have your own way of scripting, in a specific language, then you need to have the documentation for it.

The technical support for this solution is poor. The process is slow and explain things to you directly.

Online support is lacking because when you use Google to search for errors related to WebLOAD, you don't get any information pertaining to it.

You get the documentation, but you don't get much more than that. When you are searching for something specific, you get nothing.

There is too much documentation required in order to set up this solution.

We purchased a license for two years. The product is expensive, but other free tool can still be evaluated, (Selenium Grid)

What other advice do I have?

We do not use this solution often because it doesn't apply to our platform.

I would like to know if it is possible to write the code from scratch, but this is something that I have not been able to find out. This is very important. If it had this option then it would be a very good application. Currently, it is only record and play, which I is not too accurate .

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

TS
Test Team Lead at Medtronic, Inc.
IDE is simple and it's quick to complete the process but the reporting is complicated

• "The most valuable aspect is that the IDE is simple and it's quick to complete the process."
  • "The reporting side of things is really complicated. It's difficult to get out exactly what you're looking for, there are almost too many options."

What is our primary use case?

We have a web application that accesses the database and so we're testing the responsiveness of both the login and functionality around accessing a patient, which is the database functionality.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that the IDE is simple and it's quick to complete the process.

What needs improvement?

The reporting side of things is really complicated. It's difficult to get out exactly what you're looking for, there are almost too many options. In order to get a report out of it, there are so many options that it almost gets overwhelming.

If it was simpler or like right now, we're having to go through RadView to figure out what exactly we want and we have a meeting with them coming up soon. It's not intuitive to get the report that I'm looking for.

We've had WebLOAD for five to six years and I've been using it for two to three.

It's very stable. We haven't had any stability issues.

You pay for the number of users that you're going to be utilizing. In order to scale up, you would have to pay for additional users, but for our use case, we're able to scale fairly easily.

We have a license for 500, but we're using half of that for our initial workflow.

For maintenance, as far as I'm aware, there's only one person really working on the maintenance of it and we only really have one user consistently using the software. He's a QA person.

We don't have any plans to increase our usage. Even though we've had it for a while, we have a major push to start utilizing it more. I imagine we'll probably be using it and utilizing it across our QA team in the next year. We're in the process of determining whether we're going to keep it or not due to the fact that it is so expensive. That's why I've been researching alternatives for the RadView.

The initial setup was fairly complicated but I think that's pretty standard across the board for most load test software.

It costs $8,600 yearly and we have the Cloud, which is an additional $800. Our perpetual license is $800 and then the Cloud functionality with our 500 users is the $8,600.

What other advice do I have?

The reporting functionality and actually running the load tests are fairly difficult, for a brand new user that's never done any load testing, it's fairly complex. There's a steep learning curve.

In the next release, I would like to have better documentation on how to use the tool. Their support is fairly responsive, so that's a good thing. I would like to have better documentation so that I don't have to go to support in order to get the help that I need. It'd be nice if we had documentation that would allow me to do it myself.

I would rate it a five out of ten.

Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Radview, Apache, Micro Focus, and more!