Radware Alteon OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Radware Alteon is #9 ranked solution in top Application Delivery Controllers. IT Central Station users give Radware Alteon an average rating of 8 out of 10. Radware Alteon is most commonly compared to F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM):Radware Alteon vs F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Radware Alteon?
Radware Alteon application delivery controller (ADC) and the load balancer that with application SLA. It provides advanced, end-to-end local and global load balancing capabilities for all Web, cloud and mobile-based applications. Alteon load balancer combines best-of-breed application delivery capabilities, market-leading SSL performance that supports all of the latest encryption protocols, and advanced services to companies with ongoing application lifecycle management challenges that impact the performance of web applications (such as heavier, more complex web content); mobility, and the migration to the cloud.

Radware Alteon was previously known as Alteon.

Download the Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Radware Alteon Customers
Convergys
Radware Alteon Video

Radware Alteon Reviews

AT
Director of consulting with 51-200 employees
A good load-balancing reverse proxy for internal applications that is easy to setup and has good technical support

• "The most valuable feature is the load-balancing reverse proxy."
  • "We are having a difficult time with the security module, and how to implement the Radware security."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant, and I have customers who purchase Alteon Box. I help them with the design and architecture. The primary use case is mainly for load balancing internal applications, for internal-facing customers, as well as external customers on the internet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the load-balancing and reverse proxy. Global-loadbalancing as well is valuable.

What needs improvement?

For a migration from F5 to Radware, the conversion of certain features is challenging :

1. From F5 ASM policies to Radware Appwall policies, we had to require support from professional services although the F5 ASM policy was basic.

2. Radware does not seem to support TLS extensions in the client_hello therefore migration of F5 scripts that was handing sessions with TLS extensions is a challenge.

3. overall migration of F5 scripts and specific configuration like profiles is a challenge

With the example above a radware conversion tool that would migrate scripts and configuration or from other vendor to Radware would be a real asset. Support of TLS extension would facilitate deployment with that scenario as well.

I have been working with Radware Alteon for approximately three years.

I find it to be stable. To date, we have not had any issues with it.

I have not had a chance to work on a scenario where we really carried a lot.

I am working on a project now where there are more applications going through Radware. Just now we are going to see how it works, regarding the scalability. It appears to be scalable but I can't tell you at this time.

Radware Alteon is used by the administrator, the network integrator, the people that are managing, and the internal management team and they seems comfortable with the learning curve an the handling of the solution.

My experience with technical support is that they were great. We also had engineers that know the product help to resolve the issue.

Our clients have replaced F5 with Radware Alteon.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have a group of four to deploy and maintain this solution.

I design with Radware. I design myself and work with a team to integrate it.

I don't implement it as an integrator.

Yes, Forti ADC

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is considering using this solution with application security or complex used case. I would suggest that they talk to professional services. I would recommend they work with professional services depending on the project complexity, and if it's migration, for instance, the scripting around the Radware is not something people would be familiar with. Professional services would be able to help with the scripting.

I would rate Radware Alteon a nine out of ten.

AV
SOC Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
User-friendly, good interface with alerting, and easy to setup

• "The interface is easy, it's friendly, and has good alerting."
  • "Support is an area that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for web application load balancing.

We use it because we have several servers and we needed to distribute the traffic.

What is most valuable?

The interface is easy, it's friendly, and has good alerting. When you have a problem with a server, it will alert you.

It is useful in many areas, especially for web applications and load balancing. It's something that the customer can see on the internet.

What needs improvement?

Support is an area that needs improvement. They need to have better response times.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

Technical support takes too long to respond. Sometimes you need a quick response.

I would rate them a five out of ten.

The initial setup was easy.

We have a shared implementation. We work with a partner here in Ecuador.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would say that it is necessary to take the time to input the correct dimensions of the equipment.

Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, F5, Citrix and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SaurabhPal
Technical Specialist - Network & Security at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to expand and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We use it for inbound traffic. We have web access portals.

What needs improvement?

Load balancing needs improvement. It needs better integration. I heard f5 works as a DNS operator which is not available in this solution. It would be better if that was implemented.

I have been using Alteon for around a year and a half.

Stability and scalability are good.

It is easy to expand. Our clients are enterprise-size.

Technical support is good. We are satisfied.

It is easy to install. We didn't have any problems.…

What is our primary use case?

We use it for inbound traffic. We have web access portals.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Alteon for around a year and a half.

Stability and scalability are good.

It is easy to expand. Our clients are enterprise-size.

Technical support is good. We are satisfied.

It is easy to install. We didn't have any problems. Customers don't know about load balancing products.

If it is LLV or SSLV it can take three to four days. If it's in a single device, it takes around two days.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it.

In the next release, I would like the load balancing to be improved.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It's a good product.