Radware Alteon OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Radware Alteon is #9 ranked solution in top Application Delivery Controllers. IT Central Station users give Radware Alteon an average rating of 8 out of 10. Radware Alteon is most commonly compared to F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM):Radware Alteon vs F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Radware Alteon?
Radware Alteon application delivery controller (ADC) and the load balancer that with application SLA. It provides advanced, end-to-end local and global load balancing capabilities for all Web, cloud and mobile-based applications. Alteon load balancer combines best-of-breed application delivery capabilities, market-leading SSL performance that supports all of the latest encryption protocols, and advanced services to companies with ongoing application lifecycle management challenges that impact the performance of web applications (such as heavier, more complex web content); mobility, and the migration to the cloud.

Radware Alteon was previously known as Alteon.

Download the Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Radware Alteon Customers
Convergys
Radware Alteon Video

Archived Radware Alteon Reviews (more than two years old)

RB
Consultant at Altran Italia S.p.A.
Strong hardware that establishes user security

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for security for the data center. We have a private on-prem deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that it establishes user security.  The hardware is strong, we don't have any failures.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the load balancing to work with premier and the cloud, a mix of premium and cloud.

It is a stable hardware.

We haven't contact technical support yet.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple.

It's very expensive but it's worth it for the…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that it establishes user security.

The hardware is strong, we don't have any failures.

It is a stable hardware.

We haven't contact technical support yet.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple.

It's very expensive but it's worth it for the computer, system, and network.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I would recommend it.

it_user854055
Threat Intelligence Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
SSL-TLS acceleration makes it easy to generate certificates, assign them to services

• "I am finding SSL-TLS acceleration the most valuable function, with certificate management. It is easy to generate certificates and assign them to services"

How has it helped my organization?

This product has helped us manage TLS and SSL traffic as a load balancer with security features. Radware Alteon provides the majority of popular HTTP/S features which are really helpful for managing Web services.

What is most valuable?

I am finding SSL-TLS acceleration the most valuable function, with certificate management. It is easy to generate certificates and assign them to services. The support is really good, the training offered is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use is a must for improvement, some areas are way too complicated without need, and they are confusing users.

Also, sometimes updates to trending vulnerabilities are a bit late.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at eight out of 10. I have been using a VM appliance that has been really easy to set up, but a bit difficult to upgrade and change configuration afterwards.

Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, F5, Citrix and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: November 2021.
    554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    GL
    Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Gives us centralized visibility into app health and performance

What is our primary use case?

Load balancing data traffic.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized visibility into app health and performance.

What is most valuable?

Resources per application: You can dedicate to a business-critical app or multiple apps.

What needs improvement?

Marketing of the product.

More than five years.

What is our primary use case?

Load balancing data traffic.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized visibility into app health and performance.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Marketing of the product.

More than five years.
    Ritesh Tiwari
    Sr system engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Enables consistent security, single sign-on, but automation features need work

What is our primary use case?

A Radware Alteon load balancer is a hardware device that acts as a reverse proxy and distributes network or application traffic across a number of servers. Load balancers are used to increase capacity (high-availability) and reliability of application. Load balancers ensure reliability and availability by monitoring the health of applications, and only sending requests to servers and applications that can respond in a timely manner. They improve the overall performance of applications by maintaining application and network sessions, as well as by performing application-specific tasks.

Load balancers are generally grouped into two categories: layer 4 and layer 7. Layer 4 load balancers act on data found in the network and transport layer protocols like TCP/IP, FTP, and UDP. Layer7 load balancers distribute requests based on data found in application layer protocols like HTTPS, HTTP.

Requests are received by both types of load balancers and they are distributed to a particular server based on a configuration algorithm.

How has it helped my organization?

• Eliminates complexity
    • Reduces deployment time
    • Increases efficiency
    • Improves performance
    • Enhances productivity
    • Simplifies access
    • Enables consistent security, deployment automation, single sign–on, any-IP support, mobility

What is most valuable?

Radware's application delivery controller (ADC) provides advanced and comprehensive application delivery capabilities, ensuring 24/7 availability.

What needs improvement?

• Needs to improve in automation, surge protection, DNS automation.
    • There are no options to name basic configurations.
    • SMS alerts, reporting alerts require some automation.
    • Improvement is needed for live traffic monitoring in dashboard, live traffic tracking.
    • It needs automated traffic capture and performance tasks, as per script.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at seven out of 10. Radware Alteon is a system that monitors the availability and performance of global resources and uses that information to manage network traffic patterns. It uses load-balancing algorithms, topology-based routing, and AppShape++ scripts  to control and distribute traffic according to specific policies.