Radware AppWall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Radware AppWall is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Web Application Firewalls. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure Application Gateway: Radware AppWall vs Microsoft Azure Application Gateway

What is Radware AppWall?
AppWall - Radware's Web Application Firewall (WAF), ensures fast, reliable and secure delivery of mission-critical Web applications for corporate networks and in the cloud. AppWall is an ICSA Labs certified and PCI compliant WAF that combines positive and negative security models to provide complete protection against web application attacks, web application attacks behind CDNs, API manipulations, advanced HTTP attacks (slowloris, dynamic floods), brute force attacks on login pages and more.

Download the Web Application Firewall (WAF) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Radware AppWall Customers
Accuview.com, Ace, ADP, BuyPass, Computershare, DTCC, Firehost, Garanti, HP, Konami, Mohawk, SeatPG, Telenet
Radware AppWall Video

Radware AppWall Reviews

Guillermo Correa
Cybersecurity Architect at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Stable with high availability and good dashboards

• "The product offers high availability."
  • "You need to have pretty good internal knowledge of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

At this moment we have the home web page at the enterprise with an application firewall. We have 21 applications that we need to upload to the cloud. At this moment we have only one, and we working in the next three months to upload at least five more applications.

How has it helped my organization?

At this moment we can tell from the dashboard how our application is receiving traffic. You can look at how many transactions have occurred, for example. We can prevent issues from occurring which helps keep us safe.

What is most valuable?

At this moment we have only used the web application firewall. We have the bot manager too. The bot manager is useful due to the fact that your service is working in preventing the botnet and doing a lot of transactions.

We get some firewall reviews on the dashboard and it is useful for looking for alerts or attacks. It can tell you what the users do in the application and how they're using the application.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

The product offers high availability.

The stability of the solution is very good.

You can scale the solution if you need to.

What needs improvement?

With a good configuration and a good understanding of the application, you can have very good integration with the web application firewall and Radware application. However, it isn't easy. We need to do a trial and try a bunch of settings. The integration process could be a little bit easier and smoother. They need to improve the processes surrounding it. We need to be able to integrate more effectively with the perimeter firewall due to the fact that, if you have many transactions that try to attack the web application, you might have a drop in transactions in the firewall.

We've tried to do some configurations with WebSocket and have had a lot of issues.

You need to have pretty good internal knowledge of the solution.

I've been using the solution for about six months at this point.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good.

The solution can scale well. You can integrate with other solutions or configure it to assist in the process. If have more than one application, you can get a contract to upload more.

In my area, there are five people who work directly with the product.

I do not have any information about expanding this solution in the future. I can't say that's on the horizon for us.

Technical support is very good. They respond rather quickly. We are happy with the amount of service they provide. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

There is also information online and within the control panel that can assist users in understanding the product.

We did not use a different solution. We've only ever used Radware.

The initial setup is not complex. It is easy. You have access on your personal dashboard and you can upload the application. After that, you need to change the DNS settings in order to make a point with the DNS portion of the hardware. It's very easy.

The initial setup took about a week due to the fact that the provider needed to make an area where we could upload the configuration. After that, you have one day to make the configuration in the web application firewall. This is the part that takes a bit of time, however, it is crucial for the upload.

You only really need two to ten people to manage the deployment of the process, although there may be other teams involved. You only need one person to handle maintenance.

We had a local partner that assisted us. We had very good meetings and regular contact with them. They provided very easy communication.

We have four licenses for 21 applications. The pricing isn't too bad.

We did evaluate Cloudflare and Akamai before ultimately settling on Radware.

The three options are varied. However, Radware had some extras. For example, the Bot Manager in Radware was included, however, in Akamai, it is on a different part. Cloudflare was more expensive than Radware. There were a few other differences as well.

What other advice do I have?

I'm working with Radware, and we have Forcepoint for a proxy on DLP service.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's the latest version, however, I don't recall the version number offhand.

I would advise other users that the solution is not the best if you need to improve the security in other areas too, however, it helps you to maintain the security of your homepage or your service.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Other
DO
SecOps at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has good self-service features but they're not mature as an API solution

• "I like the concept of self-service, that I can do everything on my own."

What is most valuable?

I like the concept of self-service in which I can do everything on my own.

They are very competitive with the price. Their solution could be successful in other organizations but they're not mature as an API solution. It has a nice dashboard, you can watch clean traffic coming to the end service but the reporting requires more improvement.

What needs improvement?

With self-service, we can use a lot of the features on our own but some of the features didn't work and nothing was done about it. We stopped using it because the application failed. We tried to improve some processes but we still got a lot of false positives. We tried to work with the vendor to fix it but it didn't work out.

False positives are a big issue for all of the WAF vendors. No one is 100% okay, it requires a lot of monitoring and fine-tuning. But the reason that I didn't work is because some of the services didn't work as I expected and they didn't fix it. They didn't give me answers to some of the issues that we raised again. So we weren't so happy. So we decided to look at other vendors that would please our stockholders but Coronavirus postponed our plans.

I have worked in this industry for a long time and I think there are benefits of using a WAF. It requires a lot of understanding of the product.

I had been using Radware for three years until this April. This product was running before I arrived at my company. I was the owner of it for the last year and I wasn't happy with the results.

We had one incident that we discovered some stability in some regions in which their service wasn't responsive and we have to notify them. Compared to other vendors, they are not at the top in API.

We don't have any problems with scalability, because they're a worldwide solution. They can populate your service all over the world.

I believe Akamai has a big network because they also working with CDN. So they know how to handle huge traffic.

We get good responses from them but not all of the responses solved the issue. I also tried to work with the customer success manager, but eventually, this failed because there was a long history of false positives before I arrived. The stakeholder wasn't so happy with the solution. We had a bad history with and nothing got resolved with the support, so we made a decision not to continue with them.

Radware is good, but if there is a full preparation from the beginning. I worked with the on-prem solution and it was good. But now, there are many players in the market. And I think they have a faster response. They are not the only player in the market. Once you are not happy with one, you can move to another.

Their support could improve.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

In the next release, they should offer the ability to illustrate KPIs using a graph. Radware needs to have visibility on the dashboard to demonstrate the benefit of using the application firewall like, how much bandwidth you saved by using the AppWall. I tried to use the graph, but sometimes it wasn't so clear. I think they have to work a lot on reporting and visibility because it's the fastest way to show the value for other people that are not graph experts.

Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, Fortinet, Imperva and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: October 2021.
    542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SS
    CEO / Managing Director at Infinity Access Technologies Pvt Ltd
    Easy to use, easy to configure, and the hardware is robust

• "Security is one of the most valuable features that I like. It is easy to use and easy to configure."
    • "Support is very important because if we get good support, we'll be able to sell and supply more numbers."

What is most valuable?

Security is one of the most valuable features that I like. It is easy to use and easy to configure. The hardware is robust.

What needs improvement?

Sophos and Cisco they have very good support, that's why they're able to sell large numbers as compared to Radware.

We have been using AppWall for the last five to six years.

It is stable.

We haven't tried to scale up yet.

To some extent, we are satisfied with the technical support but it can be better- it can be much better.

The initial setup is easy, it's not difficult. It can take a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Radware. It is a stable product.

We are looking for SMB solutions that are cheaper and more economical. We could acquire a smaller number of clients that way. So SMB products that have good features on the firewall, speed, and security would be important. Radware is a very good company and I think it can easily beat other competitors like Sophos if they have good products in SMB range also. For enterprise, they already have two products.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

RaynielBadiola
    Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Good protection that is stable and scalable

• "The features that mitigate attacks are very valuable."
    • "The GUI needs to be improved. Right now, the solution isn't so user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

The solution basically protects the web applications of our customers.

What is most valuable?

The features that mitigate attacks are very valuable.

What needs improvement?

The GUI needs to be improved. Right now, the solution isn't so user-friendly.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The solution's technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Deployment times vary, but it typically only takes a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

We're a vendor that sells solutions to customers. We're using all the AppWall products of Radware including the AppWall Cloud. Typically we deal with the on-premises and hybrid deployment models. We do testing for our customers and sell the solution, but don't use the solution in our company ourselves.

If customers are looking for a WAF solution, they need to look at the Radware WAF to be able to protect them. Radware also offers a hybrid technology so that users can don on-prem and cloud deployments.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Download our free Web Application Firewall (WAF) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Radware, Fortinet, Imperva, and more!