Radware DefensePro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Radware DefensePro is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Protection tools. It is most often compared to Arbor DDoS: Radware DefensePro vs Arbor DDoS

What is Radware DefensePro?

DefensePro is a real-time, perimeter attack mitigation device that secures organizations against emerging network and applications threats.

Part of Radware’s attack mitigation solution, DefensePro protects the infrastructure against network and application downtime (or slow time), application vulnerability exploitation, malware spread, network anomalies, information theft and other types of attacks.

Radware DefensePro is also known as "Radware Defense Pro".

Radware DefensePro Buyer's Guide

Download the Radware DefensePro Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Radware DefensePro Customers

SingleHop

Radware DefensePro Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Radware DefensePro pricing:
  • "The pricing is based on the amount of network traffic and the number of packets being inspected."
  • "The initial cost is over $100,000 for one appliance."
  • "The price was well over six figures."
  • "The Radware DefensePro was bundled together with our security platform."

Muyideen  Adewale
Information Systems Management Specialist at Mission Control NOC and Helpdesk Services
Reseller
Verbose and descriptive reporting, reliable, and it is easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

I set this solution up for a company who was using it as their edge security solution. It was used to secure the entire infrastructure for the company and helped to protect against DDoS attacks. It was being used in conjunction with a load balancing solution and an open-source firewall running on CentOS. I was working with them at the time that this solution was deployed, but I have now moved.

• "The reporting is very good and provides us with a comprehensive description of where attacks are emanating from."
  • "This solution may not cover all of the requirements in situations for which I am unfamiliar, and there is always room for improvement."

What other advice do I have?

The reporting provides us with a lot of interesting and rich data. It allows us to have total control over what is being protected. When I first started using this solution, I wondered why it was that the DDoS protection could not be coupled with other edge protection features that I have on my firewall. I questioned why it was that I couldn't have all of the protection in a single box. However, I now realize why it is, from a strategic perspective, and it just makes more sense to have DDoS in its own box. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that you can't assume…
LM
Senior Solutions Architect with 51-200 employees
MSP
Offers granular control DDoS with good stability and great protection

• "They have a hybrid model approach if a client wants to go that way."
  • "The solution is a little more pricey than other options on the market."

What other advice do I have?

I haven't spent a good amount of time with the solution or with implementations just yet. From what I have seen, I would rate it eight out of ten. The main downside is that it is expensive.
Learn what your peers think about Radware DefensePro. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.
FB
Director Of Infrastructure at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good monitoring helped keep us operational and protected, but the customer service needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We used this product as part of our security solution. However, we do not plan to continue to use it.

• "It has kept us up and operational on a day-to-day basis, without being interrupted by an attack from outside sources."
  • "This product would be improved if ongoing live monitoring with dashboards were added."

What other advice do I have?

I know for a fact that Radware DefensePro worked. We tested it over all those years. We tested to make sure that it's operational and that it works. It was a very good product, but it just no longer fit our needs and what we were looking for. At least not that I know of because they would never give us what we asked for. As I said, back to that customer support issue. We asked for it, I know that the company does what we ask, but they would not offer it to us. Instead, they kept trying to offer us things we weren't asking for. My advice for anybody who is looking at this product is to make…
MM
Network Security Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Good configuration capabilities, good stability, and integrates well with Cisco

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for preventing distributed denial of service, or DDoS attacks.

• "The product integrates well with Cisco."
  • "The dashboard could be updated."

What other advice do I have?

We are users of the solution. We've been mostly very happy with the product. I would rate it at a nine out of ten. They just need better implementation and to work together with Cisco for faster and better results.
SC
Security Specialist at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Easy to set up while offering good security from DDoS attacks and reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to protect our cockpit internet line which is serving our cockpit application.

• "The pricing is reasonable. It's not overly expensive."
  • "There needs to be more reporting."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Radware. I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using. I'm not sure if we intend to switch products. In the future, that will depend on if there are any new functions or features, or if the price of a new product is better. In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been satisfied with the solution and its capabilities for the most part.
SB
Product Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
A stable user-friendly solution with good integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for attack prevention.

• "All of our traffic has to pass through the appliance, so we can very quickly mitigate the attack. This is a very valuable feature. On top of that, it's not only volumetric attack protection that the solution offers, but also layer 7 attack protection as well."
  • "The solution needs a bit more functionality. It would be good if DefensePro could have anti-bot functionalities in order to stop bots like web scrapers from getting onto our customers’ network."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. It's a very, very good solution. I would recommend it to others. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
VP Technology at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Simple to install and the ability to create signatures on-demand is helpful

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of Radware DefensePro is to protect against DDoS attacks.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to create signatures on-demand."
  • "I would like to see more focus on layer seven protection."

What other advice do I have?

Normally we do not use the latest version of an application, but one version back, which is the case with this product. This is a solution that I recommend. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Download our free Radware DefensePro Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.