Gerald Naude
Security Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Provides good discovery and prioritization of vulnerabilities; unfortunately no multitenancy feature yet

What is our primary use case?

We're mainly using this solution in-house for now and our primary use case is for Red Teaming. I'm a security engineer and we are resellers of Rapid7.

What is most valuable?

The discovery and prioritization of vulnerabilities is a good feature along with the investigation, the trials function. It's also user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not multitenancy and it would be great if they could add some of that to the platform.

The solution is stable.

It's scaled to the cloud so scalability is not an issue and it's pretty flexible.

I haven't used tech support. I've…

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable.

I haven't used tech support. I've done all my troubleshooting online, it offers thorough explanations.

The initial setup is definitely straightforward.

There is an annual license fee which is pretty expensive because it's price per aspect. The pricing could definitely be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

If your company has the budget for this product, I would recommend it.

I rate the solution seven out of 10.

FA
Head of Cybersecurity Assurance & Controls Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Poor reporting, lacking in features, but the technical support is not bad

• "I have been in contact with technical support and they are not bad."
  • "The reporting is very bad when you compare it with other vulnerability assessment tools."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily using Rapid7 for vulnerability assessment and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, we are not happy with Rapid7.

What needs improvement?

This product is for basic vulnerability assessments, only, and is lacking in features such as compliance, assessment, assets, inventory, and batch management.

I have been using Rapid7 InsightVM for five years.

I would say that the scalability is 50-50. It does not offer much in terms of being able to scale. We have approximately 3,000 users.

I have been in contact with technical support and they are not bad.

Comparing the price with the value that we receive, I am not happy with it.

We are currently looking to replace Rapid7 with another product.

Currently, we are working with Tenable Nessus and Qualys.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Product Categories
Vulnerability Management
Download our free Rapid7 InsightVM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.