RapidMiner Overview

RapidMiner is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Predictive Analytics tools. It is most often compared to KNIME: RapidMiner vs KNIME

What is RapidMiner?

RapidMiner's unified data science platform accelerates the building of complete analytical workflows - from data prep to machine learning to model validation to deployment - in a single environment, improving efficiency and shortening the time to value for data science projects.

RapidMiner Buyer's Guide

Download the RapidMiner Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

RapidMiner Customers

PayPal, Deloitte, eBay, Cisco, Miele, Volkswagen

RapidMiner Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about RapidMiner pricing:
  • "Although we don't pay licensing fees because it is being used within the university, my understanding is that the cost is between $5,000 and $10,000 USD per year."
  • "The client only has to pay the licensing costs. There are not any maintenance or hidden costs in addition to the license."
  • "I used an educational license for this solution, which is available free of charge."

RapidMiner Reviews

reviewer1260093
Professor of Health Services Research (now Emeritus) at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 9, 2020
Offers good tutorials that make it easy to learn and use, with a powerful feature to compare machine learning algorithms

What is our primary use case?

Most of my work these days is to encourage younger members of staff in the university, as well as businesses outside, to get involved in data mining or machine learning. My requirement is that the tools have to be functionally good and also economically effective. So, products such as RapidMiner are very useful. The primary use case at the moment is looking at psychiatric cases to see who is likely to commit suicide and who is not.

• "The most valuable feature of RapidMiner is that it can read a large number of file formats including CSV, Excel, and in particular, SPSS."
  • "It would be helpful to have some tutorials on communicating with Python."

What other advice do I have?

Using RapidMiner is a two-stage process. At first, it's something simple whereby you can get quick results. This is done by clicking to get the mean standard deviations or the numerical variables, for example. You can get a bar chart and a frequency count of all of the categorical variables. I would suggest that you get somebody to do that, just to get used to it, but then stop them and make sure that they do a course on machine learning. Otherwise, they may be missing something important like cleaning up the data. For example, I did one project many years ago whereby I was asked by the…
RajivSharma
Senior Product Manager at CustomerXps Software
Dec 4, 2020
Extensive features, Turbo Prep, Auto ML, good GUI and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for training and deploying various supervised and unsupervised models in the area of financial crime management.

• "The GUI capabilities of the solution are excellent. Their Auto ML model provides for even non-coder data scientists to deploy a model."
  • "The biggest problem, not from a platform process, but from an avoidance process, is when you work in a heavily regulated environment, like banking and finance. Whenever you make a decision or there is an output, you need to bill it as an avoidance to the investigator or to the bank audit team. If you made decisions within this machine learning model, you need to explain why you did so. It would better if you could explain your decision in terms of delivery. However, this is an issue with all ML platforms. Many companies are working heavily in this area to help figure out how to make it more explainable to the business team or the regulator."

What other advice do I have?

We're in the banking and finance space, so mostly our clients use the on-premises deployment model. As part of compliance, it's required that data should not go out of the bank's boundaries or firewall. This solution is a great tool for users that are experimenting and is an alternative to doing the coding and everything themselves. It's perfect for those who want to focus more on data analysis rather than spending days coding everything. Users can go pretty far because of the solution's Auto ML capability which cuts down on coding. It allows for great productivity. I'd rate the solution eight…
Learn what your peers think about RapidMiner. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MayankNarula
Senior Manager, Digital Solutions at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 19, 2020
Dedicated data science for enterprise-level data collection and analysis but the UI should be enhanced

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this particular product is to provide it for a large medical research company. It is a research company that helps pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors, and clinics with analysis. Our client collects data that they crunch to provide these types of companies information about trends in distribution and production within the pharmaceutical industry. They use RapidMiner to crunch that data. The results of the analysis of the data helps with pricing, it helps with determining volumes, it helps with projections, et cetera. The client has a global license for RapidMiner, so… more »

• "Scalability is not really a concern with RapidMiner. It scales very well and can be used in global implementations."
  • "The visual interface could use something like the-drag-and-drop features which other products already support. Some additional features can make RapidMiner a better tool and maybe more competitive."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate RapidMiner as around a seven. I choose seven because of the UI things and other parts of the product that might be improved. RapidMiner is more of an enterprise product. Here, in this region, most people like a packaged solution like Alteryx which covers more. Alteryx is also more attractive to many users because it is cheaper and easier to use from the perspective of the user interface. With Alteryx or Tableau, for example, you can just pick up data sources and then start EDL (enterprise data lake). It takes…
reviewer984648
Professor at a university with 51-200 employees
Mar 24, 2020
Efficient deep learning that is easy to use and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of RapidMiner is for teaching. I select data and give it to the students to clean. They use several algorithms, they compact them, they evaluate them, then give the results to me.

• "The best part of RapidMiner is efficiency."
  • "I think that they should make deep learning models easier."

What other advice do I have?

I have worked with RapidMiner, but I have not yet explored all of the functionality of the software. As an example, the relation with big data and the relation with the Cloud. I have used the utilities quite a bit. In the last model, they added automation cleaning for data preparation. It is very interesting. I am a computer scientist and I received my Ph.D. 23 years ago. I am a researcher, and when I have a problem, I use it to research and to find a solution to much more difficult problems. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer984648
Professor at a university with 51-200 employees
Nov 29, 2019
Efficient, ease to use, and is a good teaching tool for data science and machine learning

What is our primary use case?

I used RapidMiner to help teach Data Science and Statistics.

• "RapidMiner is very easy to use."
  • "I would like to see all users have access to all of the deep learning models, and that they can be used easily."

What other advice do I have?

I have not worked with all of the features in RapidMiner. For example, I have not worked with all of the features for Big Data, and I have not used it with the cloud. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1088973
Pre-Sales BI at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Dec 19, 2019
An excellent software platform that extracts information and data

What is our primary use case?

I work in business intelligence pre-sales and am a customer of RapidMiner. I'm using the product for data mining. I'm involved in data science and doing a Masters degree in the field so I'm aiming to explore the data I have gathered. I have some experience with the product but it's not that deep.

• "The most valuable feature is what the product sets out to do, which is extracting information and data."
  • "A great product but confusing in some way with regard to the user interface and integration with other tools."

What other advice do I have?

The tools have a complete function for doing data. I'm not quite sure about the speed of RapidMiner but I think it's the fastest solution that I use. I don't think the product consumes a lot of RAM, which is good. There is something confusing in the product but it's possible that the error is mine and maybe I'm not yet familiar enough with the product. I would therefore rate this product a nine out of 10.
reviewer1025025
Project Engineer at a engineering company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 13, 2019
Good documentation and a clear structure between building processes and collecting results

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is education. We did a course at the university and I used this for my own education, as opposed to a business use case.

What is most valuable?

The documentation for this solution is very good, where each operator is explained with how to use it. There is a very clear structure between building a process and then looking at the results.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution should be improved.

I have been using this solution for between six and twelve months.

I have had no problems with stability.

I only used this solution locally, on my…
Rohini Kram
Data Scientist at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Dec 10, 2019
Good data preparation, auto modeling, and forecasting features

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases for RapidMiner are data cleaning, preparation, and forecasting. We are in the telecom industry.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Binary classification and Auto Model.

What needs improvement?

RapidMiner would be improved with the inclusion of more machine learning algorithms for generating time-series forecasting models.

I have been using RapidMiner for about one year.

The stability of RapidMiner is good.

This is a scalable solution.

The technical support for RapidMiner is fantastic.

How was the