RapidMiner Reviews

rating
Scott Genzer
Senior Community Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Jan 16 2018

What is most valuable?

* Availability of cutting-edge data science tools and algorithms * Ease of code-optional GUI * Open Source Java core * Easy integration with APIs, Python, R, cloud… more»

How has it helped my organization?

As a data science consultant, I was able to custom-build a machine learning lead generation (web scraping) tool for a client and have it be operational in 72 hours.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see wider adoption of the RapidMiner platform by the Open Source community as a viable alternative/companion to Python and R.

RapidMiner has a freemium pricing model so, as long as your dataset has fewer than 10,000 rows, you have free software. There is also free academic licensing for Higher Ed… more»

I used to use Excel. It was horrid.

What other advice do I have?

Sign up and read what others do with RapidMiner on the user community (community.rapidminer.com).

SAS and SPSS.
DerekWilson
President and CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Mar 19 2018

What is most valuable?

I like not having to write all solutions from code. Being able to drag and drop controls, enables me to focus on building the best model, without needing to search for syntax errors or extra libraries.

How has it helped my organization?

RapidMiner has moved companies toward being more data-driven. Decisions are made based on analysis of data and rapid prototyping, instead of gut feel.

What needs improvement?

The server product has been getting updated and continues to be better each release. When I started using RapidMiner, it was solid but not easy to set up and upgrade.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would rate RapidMiner at eight of 10. I have been able to use it effectively for all required use cases.
Find out what your peers are saying about RapidMiner, Alteryx, DataRobot and others in Predictive Analytics. Updated: September 2019.
371,639 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Alfonso Gordillo
Director Research and Development at Projects Factory
Jan 15 2018

What do you think of RapidMiner?

What is our primary use case?

I am testing RapidMiner as I am beginning data science. I will work with RapidMiner and Azure Machine Learning Studio. RapidMiner for Windows is an excellent graphical tool for data science.

How has it helped my organization?

I am using RapidMiner to generate insights for predictive maintenance in the Oil and Gas Industry, mainly for the electrical submersible pump system, including surface and down hole assets.

What is most valuable?

No code is necessary, no R and Python skills.  Using the GUI, I can have models and algorithms drag and drop nodes.

What needs improvement?

Improve the online data services.

Trial/evaluations only.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About RapidMiner

371,639 professionals have used our research since 2012.

RapidMiner Questions

What is RapidMiner?

RapidMiner's unified data science platform accelerates the building of complete analytical workflows - from data prep to machine learning to model validation to deployment - in a single environment, improving efficiency and shortening the time to value for data science projects.

RapidMiner customers

PayPal, Deloitte, eBay, Cisco, Miele, Volkswagen

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Predictive Analytics Report and find out what your peers are saying about RapidMiner, Alteryx, DataRobot, and more!