Red Hat CloudForms Overview

Red Hat CloudForms is the #12 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Management tools. It is most often compared to VMware vRealize Automation (vRA): Red Hat CloudForms vs VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)

What is Red Hat CloudForms?

Manage container, virtual, private, and public cloud infrastructures

Managing a complex, hybrid IT environment can require multiple management tools, redundant policy implementations, and extra staff to handle the operations. Red Hat® CloudForms simplifies IT, providing unified management and operations in a hybrid environment.

As your IT infrastructure progresses from traditional virtualization toward an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) model, CloudForms evolves, protecting your investments and providing consistent user experience and functionality.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Red Hat CloudForms Customers
Cox Automotive, Penn State, FICO, G-ABLE, Seneca College, ITandTEL, The Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (PLUS), MyRepublic, Macquarie, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, CBTS, Network Data Solutions (NDS)
Red Hat CloudForms Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Red Hat CloudForms pricing:
  • "It is definitely cheaper than VMware. Everything is included. There is no challenge there."

RK
Professional Services Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple interface, seamless multi-tenancy feature, and good scalability, but needs stable updates, better compatibility, and clarity about support

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator, and this solution is used by our clients. They are system service providers in UAE, and they provide infrastructure as a service to their end customers. CloudForms acts like a central console for them to provide the service. It is a central interface.

• "The multi-tenancy feature has been very helpful for our clients. It has been working fine and seamlessly for them. Its interface is also very simplified, and it is also an open and easy-to-scale solution."
  • "Our clients had challenges or issues with the updates. Its updates should be better managed. They should provide quicker and more stable updates. Its stability can also be better. We initially faced ease-of-use and compatibility issues while integrating it. We had a lot of compatibility issues with other products. Our clients are concerned about whether it is under IBM or it is still Red Hat. Clients are not very clear about the support, and they're not really happy with it. Currently, they're getting support from Red Hat, but going forward, they're not really clear about what would be the life cycle of the product, which is a concern for them."

What other advice do I have?

Its deployment was done by Red Hat for us. We had help from the best experts. I would advise others to get a few days of services from Red Hat so that they are able to get technical expertise from them if required. I would rate Red Hat CloudForms a seven out of ten. If they had made it a little bit more stable and easier, I would have easily given it an eight.
Matjaž Godec
CoOwner & CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good optimization but is immature and integration is complicated

• "The optimization of the solution is quite interesting."
  • "The solution is still quite immature."

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Red Hat. I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. It's some aspect of version four. We use both hybrid and on-premises deployment models. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at a five.
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, VMware, Apache and others in Cloud Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nitesh Jadhav
Principal Solutions Architect at Tech Mahindra Limited
Good technical support, seamless integration with other open-source tools and very stable

• "The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't had any issues with it."
  • "The complexity of the solution is a bit high in comparison to VMware."

What other advice do I have?

We're a Red Hat partner. I work as a Principal Solutions Architect. I'd advise other organizations that, before selecting a product, they must finalize their business department. They should only make a call on the solution if all of their requirements get fulfilled - including compliance. Various products have a level of support compliance that matches with Red Hat, but it's important to check. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
Nitesh Jadhav
Principal Solutions Architect at Tech Mahindra Limited
Mature, with good technical support but needs to be more user-friendly

• "They are a very mature product."
  • "Because the solution needs to integrate with other products that surround it, there is a lot of configuration required, and this can be quite complex. It's not as easy as it is with, for example, VMware."

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise an organization considering implementing the solution to first, before selecting a product, finalize their business department. They should create a list of all of their requirements to ensure they get fulfilled. That needs to include compliance. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they made it more user friendly and plug-and-play it would really help people adopt it faster.