RSA Archer Overview

RSA Archer is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top IT Governance tools. It is most often compared to IBM OpenPages: RSA Archer vs IBM OpenPages

What is RSA Archer?
Archer adapt enterprise governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) products to your requirements, build applications, and integrate with other systems, control the audit lifecycle to enable improved governance of audit-related activities, data, and processes, reduce the risk of IT and business disruption, harmful operational events, and significant business crises and build an efficient, collaborative governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) program across IT, finance, operations, and legal.

RSA Archer is also known as Archer.

RSA Archer Buyer's Guide

Download the RSA Archer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

RSA Archer Customers
T-Systems, Bridge Point, Equifax, First Data, Global Imaging Company, Manulife Financial
RSA Archer Video

IMRAN ALMARZOOQI
Team Lead: IT Security Compliance at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
A rich feature set helps save time and effort, making us more efficient and saving us money

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for task management and reporting, with a focus on Risk Management services. We have this solution deployed on-premises.

• "The most valuable feature is the enterprise module, which provides the capability of having all of the information stored and linked with everything else."
  • "The bullet chart is the best graph for my purposes, and it should be available for inclusion in the dashboards."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody considering this solution is that if you are a mature organization then this is the best tool to use. It has cross-disciplinary functionalities in which multiple teams can be using the same solution. Companies who are not yet mature, but want to develop, can use this tool as a baseline that will help them mature. It has the entire process. It will help you streamline what you want, have visibility of what you need, and you can build up. Basically, it's a central repository for everything. We have enterprise architects who are interested in this solution because of theā€¦
VS
Security Specialist at a tech consulting company with 1-10 employees
Leaderboard
Configure security applications easily while retaining the capability to customize with and without coding

What is our primary use case?

I am developing applications in Archer from RSA (Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman). It is quite easy to implement the application. You just configure the workflow, define the forms and how the data is processed in the application. Everything can be configured without coding. You can use a code also to create special functionalities, but it is easy to do almost everything without coding at all.

• "The most valuable part of the product is the ease-of-use and the opportunity to create custom security applications easily."
  • "There are some issues with the interface for version 6.5 but these may already be repaired and simplified in the new versions that have been released."

What other advice do I have?

For people considering this product, they have to be sure that it is a product that could really do what they need it to do. Mostly any workflow can be implemented in the process in the application if they want to build it. The best thing would probably be that they should just try it and see. I would definitely recommend this product, but it may not be the tool everyone likes the best. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate RSA Archer as a nine-out-of-ten.
Learn what your peers think about RSA Archer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SJ
Vice President and Risk Management at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Robust and feature rich solution

What is our primary use case?

For Archer, today there is everything from risk management to looking at security and how to track all the security defects. We don't have Archer connected to ServiceNow. We had the better version when I was at Albertsons. Just before I joined UFG, we used it not only tracking deficiencies, but also doing all the risk work and all of the vulnerability management, but we tied it to ServiceNow so we could issue tickets and track stuff. That's the way to do it.

• "The part I liked about Archer was the risk assessment for deficiencies and being able to use it there."
  • "It's resource-hungry, that's the best way of putting it."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you know what you want to really do and pick the right modules and do a lot of planning, planning, planning. It's like building a house. If you don't do the planning, when it comes down to trying to build it, you really get screwed or the team gets screwed. And I don't think people do a lot of planning. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give RSA Archer an eight. It's Archer - there are days when their stuff is awesome, there are other days when the frustration level is way too high.
Sameh Hablas
Director General & Founder / Senior Expert Consultant -Digital Transformation at Al Danah Information Systems Solutions
Streamlines management of internal processes, assists with governance and compliance

What is our primary use case?

We use RSA Archer as an Information Security Management Systems Compliance solution in sectors such as business resiliency, operational and enterprise risk management, audit management, public sector, security and IT risk management, third-party governance, and regulatory compliance management.

• "Archer seamlessly integrates data systems without requiring additional software."
  • "I would like to have the ability to build and maintain an inventory of personal data processing activities and assets utilizing a purpose-built taxonomy and data structure."