Rubrik Go Overview

Rubrik Go is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top SaaS Backup tools. It is most often compared to Metallic: Rubrik Go vs Metallic

What is Rubrik Go?

Automatic Access to New Technology: Customers receive the latest technology updates so that they can continue to innovate and stay one step ahead of their competition.
Future-Proof for Cloud: Go customers can migrate to the cloud at any time during their subscription term. If customers run cloud applications, they receive native cloud protection at no additional cost.
Lower Upfront Costs: Rubrik Go transforms large upfront capital expenditures into predictable subscription payments to help customers meet and exceed budget requirements.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Rubrik Go Customers

Public Consulting Group

Rubrik Go Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Rubrik Go pricing:
  • "This is a very costly solution."
  • "It's an expensive product if you compare it to traditional backup solutions; however, if you compare it as a total cost of ownership for a solution, it is not."
  • "Rubrik Go is more cost-effective than similar solutions by other vendors."

SA
System Engineer at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Has good VM features and good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for our data and software platforms.

• "In terms of stability, the product is good."
  • "If you're going for Rubrik, you are not opting for the tape library because Rubrik doesn't have the fiber cable connected to the tape library."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give Rubrik Go an 8.
RR
Solutions Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Offers hardware upgrades but the reporting could be improved

What is our primary use case?

I'm a solutions engineer working for a distributor company in the Philippines. Our clients are generally medium to enterprise size. The product is quite expensive it's so not suitable for small companies. We have deployed to about nine companies in the past couple of years and it's usually only the backup administrator that deals with the product.

• "Even though the data is already in the cloud, it's an AWS, so by accessing the on-prem appliance you can still search because it is indexed from that appliance."
  • "Reporting could be improved. For now, it's only exported to CSB files."

What other advice do I have?

Rubrik is a backup or cloud data management company but they are now focusing on the security side and are including data classification. I don't know if that's a good thing. I always recommend the version prior to the latest one. If there are any issues with bugs or something isn't quite right in the latest version, you can avoid the trouble. Cloud is still new in the Philippines and many companies are still not using it. Most of our clients here use private cloud but some are using AWS rather than Microsoft Azure. This is a good product if you're using VMware but if you're using physical…
Find out what your peers are saying about Rubrik, Clumio, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AD
Senior Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to install with a large cloud compatibility but needs better documentation

What is our primary use case?

We propose and deploy the solution for our clients.

• "The solution is easy to install; our team just has to put together the plan, give it to IT and let them handle it. Other solutions are quite complex, but this is much simpler."
  • "If you were to compare it to, say, EMC, the availability of the documentation, training programs, and end-user education aren't as good. Rubrik could improve this."

What other advice do I have?

We work with a hybrid deployment model. I'd advise others to look at their environment before considering the solution. Users considering it should take time to figure out their scalability expectations as well as what other applications they're running and what their database is. Although I haven't been working with it too much, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. It's a new product and we still have to test it on an enterprise level.
CU
Infrastructure Specialist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, good technical support, and everything is contained in a single box

What is our primary use case?

We use Rubrik Go for backing up virtual machines. It is a hyper-converged backup appliance that we are testing and expect to put into production. It is currently running on our test platforms.

• "It has an easy-to-use interface that is not complicated."
  • "Being a modern backup solution, Rubrik should have an option to back up a Kubernetes cluster."

Senior System Engineer at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Reseller
A great solution for protecting your data regardless of their location

What is our primary use case?

I am a systems integrator. I sell this solution to our customers. Our customers use this solution to protect their on-premise environment. To protect virtualization, physical servers, and for protecting their database for customer safety. They even use it to protect cloud workloads and Office 365 for their customers. Sometimes our customers use it for PR purposes or for business continuity purposes.  Some of our customers have 400 users. Other customers of ours have 200 users and some more of our customers have 150 users using Rubrik Go. We also have a customer in Saudi Arabia with almost 1000 users. We definitely plan to keep reselling this solution.

What is most valuable?

Rubrik Go is very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

You should be…
AhmedSamir
Systems Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Simple to use, easy to implement, and the performance is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integration company in Egypt and we provide services to local customers. This is one of the solutions that we use for our clients and we have several different use cases.

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of use for backing up VMs."
  • "I would like to see better integration with applications, such as those from Microsoft, to make backing up from those applications simpler."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Rubrik Go. This solution is very simple and easy to use, and it is easy to implement, but I would like more enhancements and features to be added. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
AK
Enterprise Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Cost effective and has good storage efficiency, but scalability needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use Rubrik Go to back up our enterprise infrastructure, which contains both Linux and Windows machines.

• "The most valuable feature is the storage efficiency, as the storage footprint is very good."
  • "Integration with the client is something that needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Rubrik Go and my advice for anybody who is implementing it is to be clear on the subscription and the plans, as well as the migration effort that is required. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Product Categories
SaaS Backup
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Rubrik, Clumio, Metallic, and more!