Ruckus Cloudpath OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ruckus Cloudpath is #8 ranked solution in top Network Access Control (NAC) tools. IT Central Station users give Ruckus Cloudpath an average rating of 10 out of 10. Ruckus Cloudpath is most commonly compared to Aruba ClearPass:Ruckus Cloudpath vs Aruba ClearPass. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Ruckus Cloudpath?

Cloudpath Enrollment System is a software/SaaS platform that delivers secure wired and wireless network access for BYOD, guest users and IT-owned devices. It streamlines getting devices on the network and secures every connection with powerful encryption. Cloudpath software gives you granular policy control over what network resources users can access. It lets you deliver a great end-user experience and virtually eliminates helpdesk tickets related to network access. Choose from cloud-based or virtualized on-premises deployment. Cloudpath software supports any user, any device, and any network infrastructure.

Download the Network Access Control (NAC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Ruckus Cloudpath Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ruckus Cloudpath pricing:
  • "The cost was somewhere around $700 for the access points, however, there was a discount."
  • "The licensing of the solution is user-based and the price is good."

Ruckus Cloudpath Reviews

Account Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Does what's needed with good technical support and good coverage

• "Ruckus technical support is very good and helpful whenever we need them."
  • "The hardest part we've had to deal with is trying to find some physical product recently as everything is going like hotcakes."

What is our primary use case?

We have it in this large school. It's a private school that goes from kindergarten through 12th grade. It's the whole lower school system all the way through 12 grade leading to college. They liked the fact that, first of all, they weren't big Cisco fans. They did like Brocade and Ruckus products and it was in their price range, even though they had a pretty big budget. A lot of schools are really tight with their IT, especially private schools.

It just fits their needs too. They have multiple sites within the same campus. They had two to four buildings plus an incredible field hockey field with blue AstroTurf, which was amazing. They can connect to everything.

How has it helped my organization?

Customer just contacted me with his thoughts:

"We just started with CloudPath this year and the process went very well. I would highly recommend using their white glove service, it made the entire process seamless. The peace of mind gained by adding better security is huge."

What is most valuable?

For the client, it does what the client needed it to do and they didn't feel like there's any compromises.

The coverage is good.

Ruckus technical support is very good and helpful whenever we need them.

What needs improvement?

The hardest part we've had to deal with is trying to find some physical product recently as everything is going like hotcakes. They were selling out so fast we had to get a different model than the original one, as they didn't have any POE switches. We had to get a regular 24 port and get a separate daughter POE switch just because they didn't have any available. Sometimes the allocation is a little bit laggy, however, any company has that problem. They either have too much inventory or not enough.

We've been using the solution for around four years or so.

Technical support is very helpful and responsive. Whenever we've needed them, they've made themselves available. We're very happy with the level of support we get. Customer added today:

I've also worked with solutions such as Cisco and Palo Alto.

We worked as a VAR/MSP directly with the school's small IT Staff.

People can go online and find something for usually pretty good pricing. We work with our customers wherever we can to try to get the price down to what's going to work for them. We can typically get pretty decent discounts for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller. I'm not sure which level. They've got different levels usually, however, we've been doing a good bit with Ruckus. Not a huge amount - just a good amount with Ruckus and especially in the wireless area. Now, the switches are starting to come into play with us. With Cisco, we've been a partner and we're not at a super high level with Cisco. We're a small company. That said, they give some TLC, to an extent, and sometimes we'll get leads from them. They're a good partner and we can get some good discounts when we register for our customers.

I would give them a rating of about an eight out of ten. It's not quite Cisco, however, it's excellent in general.

Private Cloud

Other
YG
Assistant Manager-Presales at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Well-featured, price competitive, and great technical support

• "I find the solution to be very rich in features."
  • "I believe the solution is missing some great features which are present in other solutions like Aruba, UiPath, and Cisco ISE."

What is our primary use case?

It is a BYOD solution which is a type of network access control solution(NAC). It can be used for guest services for the customer, as a BYOD, or a network access control.

What is most valuable?

I find the solution to be very rich in features. Some examples include great guest authentication, authorization, port-string, and network access control.

What needs improvement?

I believe the solution is missing some great features which are present in other solutions like Aruba, UiPath, and Cisco ISE. One example of an improvement could be regarding mobile device management(MDM) which the solution is lacking.

In the additional release, I would want the solution to have better integration that would be compatible with third-party solutions.

I have used the solution for two years.

I find the solution to be stable. It has a policy that is giving new software upgrades to its programs on a quarterly basis. As far as I am using it, there are a few bugs in the SSL certificate and also the certificate duration.

I find the solution scalable. We are looking to expand it to our customers.

I have great experience with solutions technical and administrative support because they have their own team in their headquarters. It is very easy and they are helpful. The support is based on a certificate contract on a yearly basis.

The initial setup of the solution was straightforward.

All the features of the solution are very easy to deploy. It can be deployed on bare metal servers, or over the cloud.

The licensing of the solution is user-based and the price is good.

I have compared other solutions such as Aruba, UiPath, and Cisco ISE.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has all the training of Cloudpath integration with a controller over their training sites and on YouTube. They provide information on videos about the climate of Cloudpath with the controller as well as the third parties. Anybody who would want to use the solution can access information about it from these platforms.

I would recommend the solution to other users because it is price competitive and well-featured.

I rate Ruckus Cloudpath an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Aruba Networks, Cisco and others in Network Access Control (NAC). Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rafael Rodriguez
Board Member Executive at Daxa
Robust, well designed, and has good traffic capacity

• "The solution is easy to use, well designed, robust, and has good traffic capacity."
  • "The solution could improve by adding more detailed information that customers have available on the dashboards."

What is our primary use case?

One of our use cases for Ruckus Cloudpath is in a retail warehouse for WiFi access coverage.  We set up a wireless network based on Ruckus and the networking based on Cisco Meraki.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use, well designed, robust, and has good traffic capacity.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by adding more detailed information that customers have available on the dashboards.

We have been providing this solution to customers within the past 12 months.

The stability of Ruckus Cloudpath is very good and it is reliable.

There are approximately 150 users using this solution.

I rate Ruckus Cloudpath technical support an eight out of ten.

We use Cisco Meraki in combination with Ruckus Cludpath.

The initial installation is straightforward and took approximately three weeks.

We did the implementation of the solution. We started with on-site field surveillance to get an idea of how we will do the deployment. We set up heatmaps to detect the dimension and the coverage of the different access points. Additionally, we looked into the different types of requirements by the customer, such as the traffic equipment to be connected to the system and applications to be deployed on the network. We set the order for the required equipment and once it arrived we designed the system based on all of this information collected and did the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for those wanting to implement this solution is to make sure to do good on-site field surveillance, and based on the information, identify which type of deployment to use. For example, which application and terminals are going to be used for good coverage with this solution.

I rate Ruckus Cloudpath a nine out of ten.