Ruckus Wireless WAN Overview

Ruckus Wireless WAN is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless WAN tools. It is most often compared to Ubiquiti Wireless: Ruckus Wireless WAN vs Ubiquiti Wireless

What is Ruckus Wireless WAN?

The Ruckus product portfolio of Wi-Fi, switching, IoT, LTE, software and SaaS lets you deliver a great end-user connectivity experience while reducing the amount of time you spend managing the network. And because Ruckus packs more capability into every network element, you can build that network at a lower cost per connection.

Whether your users are employees, customers, guests, residents, students, visitors, fans, or subscribers, Ruckus products are designed to enhance their experience—and yours.

Ruckus Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide

Download the Ruckus Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Ruckus Wireless WAN Customers

American University of Sharjah, Dordt College, Drew University, Lamar University, Raroa School

Ruckus Wireless WAN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ruckus Wireless WAN pricing:
  • "This is a wonderful product for the price."
  • "It's expensive but you get more coverage."
  • "This solution offers a yearly subscription. The price is not high, other solutions are much higher than Ruckus."
  • "The solution is a little pricey, so customers sometimes select other products because of the price."

Ruckus Wireless WAN Reviews

reviewer925296
Sr. Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Oct 29, 2019
Great management features and easy to set up

• "The feature I like most, is the product activity."
  • "I would like to see built-in Wi-Fi."

What other advice do I have?

In the next release, I would like to see a better and easier firewall for proper scanning of our network analyzer. At this stage, it is analyzing my complete traffic on the protocol level and then I have to analyze and spend a lot of time to understand my existing traffic flow. So it is very time-consuming. On a scale from one to 10, I rate it a 10 out of 10. This solution is a complete product and the best product out there.
Uwe Schmidt
Managing Director at SiT Global GmbH
Reseller
Feb 20, 2020
Simple to use, great for outdoor usage and easy to disguise

What is our primary use case?

The solution is mainly used by carriers or for government usage. It's not really designed for normal usage.

• "The most valuable aspect of the solution is the size of the outdoor access points. It's great and you can disguise them quite well."
  • "The pricing, when compared to Ubiquiti, isn't competitive enough. If you want to have a Government or Public sector client they will ask why they should pay 200 euros if they can get something for 40 euros."

What other advice do I have?

We're Ruckus reseller and implementors. This solution is very high-quality. I'd advise other organizations to look for the best solutions for their situation. However, I know how difficult this is to sell. It's difficult to sell quality when organizations just want to see the price tag. This is especially true in the government and public sector, that are always constrained by budgets. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a very good product. It's a high-end product and it plays in the right league. We do have customers who are willing to spend money, but it's very difficult to find…
Find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: February 2021.
464,369 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AbdulrahmanAlshehri
IT Consultant at Asasbin
Jan 9, 2020
A reasonably priced solution that is easy to set up and expand

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide network access points.

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of adding an access point."
  • "Integration with AirMagnet, the design software, would be good because it takes the layout of a building and positions the access points accordingly, based on the areas and the construction materials."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to get a good system integrator. Specifically, the people who design the wireless network. You want to have a good design professional who will optimize the cost and give you the best office solution. Overall, this is a good product that is reasonably priced. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
YazeedNawafleh
System Engineer/Network Engineer at SevenGate
Jan 13, 2020
Covers high density areas and each action point can hold a high number of concurrent clients

What is our primary use case?

We use Ruckus to cover high-density areas with wireless solutions. This includes schools, airports, and anything in high-density areas. We have somewhere between 50 to 100 customers and they are mainly IT admins, IT managers, schools, hotels, universities, and army.

• "The technical features are very good and it's very useful if you need a wireless solution."
  • "They could include a firewall feature in the next release but even there it's not really necessary"

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10. It's wonderful.
reviewer367560
Network Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Oct 22, 2019
Good analytics and works well in a hospitality solution

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. This solution works best as a high-efficiently access point in high-density areas.

• "The analytic solution is good and should be improving further."
  • "This product needs a point-to-point, bridge solution."

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, Ruckus is the best wireless company. They have recently joined forces with CommScope, and are facing some positive changes because of it. Overall, this solution is ok and one that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1188324
IT PM at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 15, 2020
Powerful access points with good coverage and throughput, with responsive support

What is our primary use case?

We are a University and use this solution for our staff and students.

• "The actual wireless access points themselves are very powerful."
  • "Of course, we'd always like it to be cheaper, but that's for every product."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution and tell others to use this product. It's fantastic! I would rate Ruckus Wireless WAN a nine out of ten.
Abubaker Musa
Information and Communication Technologies Engineer at Ascenx Technologies
Oct 23, 2019
Easy to install, Stable Wireless connection, but marketing needs to expand to other areas

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used in our hotel as an access point to connect our guests on the internet. The deployment model we used is on-premises.

• "I made some comparisons with other competitors and I found that Ruckus was number one in regards to stability."
  • "I have some friends who have not heard of Ruckus, but are aware of other competitors."

What other advice do I have?

I really like this solution and it is recognized here in Riyadh Airport, most of the WiFi is with Ruckus, not with Cisco or any other solution. One of the largest Airports in Saudi Arabia is using the Ruckus Wireless WiFi as an access point. It means it's a genuine, reliable solution. In Saudi Arabia we have a lot of outdoor WiFi and it's recognized through Ruckus, Cisco and sometimes Linksys. Unfortunately, at work, they are using Linksys. I am an IT engineer and I have used Ruckus as a WiFi access point for all of the hotels. It can be connected directly to the wireless access controller and…
MashukThakur
IT Manager at Fast Telecommunications Company
Oct 21, 2019
Good performance, data throughput, reliability, and technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is wireless networking for small businesses.

• "The performance is very nice, the throughput is better than any other product, and it's reliable."
  • "The pricing needs to be reconsidered because it's expensive."

What other advice do I have?

I will always ask customers first if they have a specific vendor in mind and if they say no, then I always refer them to the Ruckus solution because of the technical aspects. I am not involved in sales or the pricing but it's expensive. It has very good speed, for the current user, the quantity is more. Ruckus is the first vendor who has declared access by live access points. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
See 4 more Ruckus Wireless WAN Reviews
Product Categories
Wireless WAN
Download our free Wireless WAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks, and more!