Sage People OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sage People is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud HCM tools. It is most often compared to Workday: Sage People vs Workday

What is Sage People?

Fairsail is a comprehensive, end-to-end, HR management system built on the Salesforce App Cloud, designed to meet the needs of global mid-size organizations to better manage their workforce.

Supporting the entire employment journey from joining to leaving, it provides immediate workforce visibility, increased HR productivity and delivers great workforce experiences.

The system is implemented rapidly and integrates easily with multiple third party applications. It supports multiple languages and currencies, enabling global policies and workflows while managing local requirements.

Sage People is also known as Fairsail.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Sage People Customers

Rocketship Education, Monitise, u-blox, SolarWinds, Mitsubishi, SmartStream, Canonical, Betfair

Sage People Video

Archived Sage People Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user624786
Manager, Business Systems at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Consolidates all HR functions into one management system. I would like to see improvement in system response time.

What is most valuable?

• Employee self-service
  • Time-off management
  • Global calendars
  • Reporting
  • Organization charts
  • HR forms management
  • Consolidation: We are a global company and our HR systems were segmented. This tool consolidates all HR functions into one management system

How has it helped my organization?

• Consolidated global HR departments
  • Streamlined communication
  • HR access for all employees

What needs improvement?

• Improvement in system response time
  • More design and configuration options
  • More efficient implementation plan

We have been using this solution for one year.

There is a mash-up of Visualforce and apex triggers which bear down heavily on the system. It makes it slow to load depending on how much you put in the user interface. The server is also in Europe, which impacts North American access times.

The system is still limited when setting up global procedures for different locations and when consolidating that into one experience for the user.

The technical support is astounding. I would give it a rating of 10/10. They are one of the best support teams I have had the pleasure to work with.

Our previous solution was extremely limited and had a low utilization rate.

The setup was complex. A lot of understanding of the system needs to happen early on or it will affect the implementation.

We had many early struggles based on our understanding of the system. Once we were over that challenge, our implementation went much more quickly.

Understand what the system can do first before you try to apply your processes to it.

Plan out licensing through implementation! Depending on your scope, you will be sitting on shelfware for some time, so plan accordingly. Negotiate the licenses hard, early, and up front, so your organization will continue to grow. It takes 48 hours to provide licenses.

We evaluated Workday, Taleo, and FinancialForce.

What other advice do I have?

Learn as much upfront as possible. Be careful working with service partners! They have their own way of setting up the system that you might not have expected while talking to Fairsail sales.

it_user616533
Global Transformation Architect at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
We can visualize global team structures, global recruitment, and workforce administration processes. It is not able to manage non-standard shift patterns.

What is most valuable?

The ability to visualize global team structures, global recruitment, and workforce administration processes. This allows the organization to standardize processes and improve employee engagement.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to visualize global team structures. As we rollout other features, the organization will benefit from an easy to use system and standard processes.

What needs improvement?

The product lacks several features available in more mature products. For example, being able to manage non-standard shift patterns for the workforce.

I have been using Fairsail for two months.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is good.

We have many different solutions in place. We are a major SAP HCM and SAP SuccessFactors customer.

• SAP HCM will remain due to the scope coverage offered by Fairsail
  • SAP SuccessFactors will be replaced with Fairsail
  • We also use Sage X3 HRMS, Sage VIP People, and ADP

Setup was at a medium level of complexity. The key challenges are in organizational readiness for a globally standard system. There are limitations on reference data management, which should be considered.

We did not evaluate any alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

Consider organizational readiness for SaaS product adoption.

Find out what your peers are saying about Sage, Workday, SAP and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user609618
HR Coordinator at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Reports are easy to run, view, and amend.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to see the all the information we have for a person across two screens. Reports are easy to run, view, and amend. You can also add new reports.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved time as our last system was quite slow. We needed to click in different fields to find one piece of information that is quite easy to find on Fairsail.

What needs improvement?

Within the absence screens, we have it set up to automatically allow up to five days holiday to carry over. If staff members are allowed to carry over, it’s a bit difficult to add it in easily. It changes their view to give an extra column with holidays which can confuse staff.

We have the last modified button on the employment record detail, but this doesn’t show when that particular record was last modified. It just shows the last date and the person who made any change in the system. If this could be changed, that would be better.

We have used this solution live for one year and two months. We had access to it for three months before the go-live date.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I never really spoke to technical support, as our company had a specific person who could speak to them. I believe it was quite good.

They used NorthgateArinso previously. The decision to switch had already been made by the time I started with the company.

The installation was mostly straightforward. We had access to the system for three or four months before went live, whilst we had a cut of data from our previous system carried over. We then updated any future stuff ourselves to get used to the system, figure out any bugs, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise how good the reports can be and how easy it is to set up jobs within the job library, etc.

it_user609630
HR Systems Lead at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Customisation is one of the most valuable features of the product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the product are customisation, global policies & patterns, absence management, action emails, and workflow. The product is really easy to customise and configure, and the automation has enabled us to manage several HR processes at the right time in the correct manner.

How has it helped my organization?

Managing starters, leavers, absences, PTO, probation, fixed-term contracts: All these processes are managed via Fairsail.

What needs improvement?

Reporting module: It would be good to have a provision to share specific reports with users without giving them access to full system and data; to be able to attach reports to emails as Excel files. I believe we will soon have the Manager Reports functionality; looking forward to that.

Being able to apply certain policies and patterns on a date-tracked basis; e.g., for international transfers or special arrangements.

In comparison with other HRIS reporting tools (like Discoverer / OBIEE for Oracle, Business Objects, Crystal Reports etc. which I have used extensively for over 10 years); I think that Fairsail’s reports functionality is quite limited and only available for Administrator profiles. And in that space, it’s not possible to limit data access based of function or areas.

For example, if we wanted to create a report for EMEA region only for our EMEA Recruitment Team, they would get full admin access with no restriction to stop them from editing the filter to bring up full company data.
Similarly, if we wanted to create a report for Sales HRBP, they would be able to edit the report to take away the filter and access data for other areas as well.
The new WX Reports feature will provide some reporting capability for managers to extract data in their hierarchy only and will address this issue to some extent but is not suitable for users who are not managers and need reports to support various functional areas.

The second issue is the delivery mechanism of scheduled reports - the entire data is embedded in the body of the email and therefore cannot be utilized for sensitive data or large data sets. There is no way to deliver the report as an excel attachment. Payflow reports are supposed to be an option but quite complex to set up if the inclusion criteria is complex with several filters.

Personally, I have been using Fairsail for 2.5 years. The business implemented this in 2012.

We have never encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. It’s suitable for our size of business (<500 heads currently and not expecting to grow exponentially in the foreseeable future).

Technical support is 10/10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I wasn’t in the business at that time so I’m unable to give first-hand feedback. However, I believe we were the initial customers of the product and did have some start-up hiccups.

The product has developed a lot since then and I suppose those who are implementing it now will have an easier and much more advanced experience.

Pricing is very economical and there are great flexible licencing provisions to suit small businesses.

I believe other options were evaluated; however, since I wasn’t in the business at that time, I do not have this information.

What other advice do I have?

Carry out a detailed review of the processes and requirements before implementation, and involve technical staff along with HR before finalising the schema.

Download our free Benefits Administration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sage, Workday, SAP, and more!
Quick Links