SailPoint IdentityIQ OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SailPoint IdentityIQ is #1 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, #1 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools, and #3 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. IT Central Station users give SailPoint IdentityIQ an average rating of 8 out of 10. SailPoint IdentityIQ is most commonly compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager:SailPoint IdentityIQ vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. SailPoint IdentityIQ is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 85% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.
What is SailPoint IdentityIQ?

SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise. We’re committed to protecting businesses from the inherent risk that comes with providing technology access across today’s diverse and remote workforce. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, and ensuring that each worker has the right access to do their job, no more, no less. With SailPoint at the foundation of their business, our customers can provision access with confidence, protect business assets at scale and ensure compliance with certainty.

SailPoint IdentityIQ is also known as IdentityIQ, SailPoint IdentityNow.

SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide

Download the SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SailPoint IdentityIQ Customers

Adobe, AXA Technology Services, Cuna Mutual Group, Equifax, ING Direct, Orrstown Bank, Rockwell Automation, SallieMae, Spirit Aerosystems, TEL

SailPoint IdentityIQ Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SailPoint IdentityIQ pricing:
  • "You do pay one price for the license but that price depends on what you choose to include as far as the optional modules go."
  • "The price of the solution could improve, it is not priced well for smaller businesses to afford."
  • "Usually, the cost of deploying about 5,000 licenses or 5,000 users, would be the equivalent to the cost of the license, which would be reaching up to around $90,000."
  • "Its price is okay. It provides good value for money. It is subscription-based. You can go for a one-year or three-year subscription."
  • "It is a costly solution. Its cost, for sure, should be reduced."

SailPoint IdentityIQ Reviews

Matt Thomson
Principal Consultant at UNIFY Solutions
End-to-end Identity Management and Access Governance solution that shows why its a Market leader

• "The solution is very good at the management of the identity lifecycle."
  • "Compared to at least one other product some of the administrative tasks could be easier or more intuitive."

What is our primary use case?

We used the product for identity and access management and access governance. The product manages the whole identity lifecycle for workplace identities.

IdentityIQ takes care of the joiner (new accounts), the mover (transfer/role changes), and the lever (account termination), as well as looking at things like the certification phase. It covers the whole user lifecycle (Rehire) and provides market leading governance capabilities. It provides a centralised view of accounts and access for staff and helps uplift the security controls for the organisation.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the controls and reduced the risk of access management issues with the client organisations. While also improving efficiency around the JML processes through automation and reducing the reliance on people for some of the access provisioning requests.

What is most valuable?

The product's main features for the certification of users is the most prominent as well as the best feature. The out of the box connectors and accelerator pack are also great pieces to help improve the speed of delivery.

What needs improvement?

There is really not so much that SailPoint needs to improve. It has been in the market for a while and has well embedded as a market leader in the Identity Governance Space. We have just done an upgrade (v7-.8.1) and it was straight foward well tested and there was no major issues, we even managed to deploy to production a week ahead of schedule. We are now working with the client to leverage some of the new features and such, so there is not a lot that I can confirm that would be missing from a product that I was already happy with.

The only thing about SailPoint that I might suggest to improve is the user interface could be improved from an administration point of view. From a request point of view we are leveraging ServiceNow and Sailpoints SNOW catalogue integration. Having had the opportunity to compare SailPoint and One Identity with past work, I personally prefer the One Identity's user interface, especially for user administration of the system. It could be simplified or somewhat more user-friendly for administrative tasks and functions.

We implemented the foundational release for a customer over over 12 months ago and since then we have worked closely with them to increase its functionality

IdentityIQ is a stable product. We have not experienced any problems with it and have not heard of any from our clients.

The user group for this product are normally larger companies or enterprise businesses that have got full identity-governance requirements. That is the typical SailPoint customer requires more than just basic identity management automation.

As far as scalability of the product, it has got a lot of horizontal and vertical scaling opportunities that could be taken advantage, so scaling is not an issue.

Overall the technical support is relatively good, especially from a customer point of view. I think that the support is working fine for the customers and that makes it better for us in selling their products.

There is also a wealth of information online for the product for the Sailpoint community.

This is a new implementation at this client they previously had no Identity governance in place

The initial setup of the product is relatively straightforward. The complexity really depends on the customer requirements, business rules or processes that influence how difficult the implementation gets. On average, it probably takes a couple of days to install the product. But once it is installed, then you have got to have the product usable and working with other solutions and other systems. For that, it needs to be configured to have that connectivity with those other systems. That is where some of the implementation time starts to add up. To install a base active directory kind of set up takes about two weeks.

We have configured and setup some basic functionality for a client within these tight timeframes. To do that you will need real business buy in to clear hurdles out of the way for the dependencies for the install, the infrastructure, business requirements etc.

We are a service integrator so we help clients to do all their setup. We like to set the client up so that they are capable of doing their own maintenance with the software and system if they want to otherwise we offer a full range of support options.

The client has had a positive reduction in the time taken to get a user on boarded and productive. There has also been a significant improvement in their access and Identity Management controls, reducing risk and closing audit items.

There are additional modules which are licenced separately that you can get added into the licensing if you want certain additional functionality, I find this a great model to ensure you only pay for what you need.

I am currently dealing with SailPoint and One Identity at the same time in making some comparisons. They are both very good products with their pros and cons.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people considering SailPoint is to be sure you get a good experienced service integrator to help you with the product. Somebody who has done it before knows the best ways to implement it and make the system work properly to meet your business application. They have the battle scars and can help you navigate around any potential issues

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate IdentityIQ as a nine-out-of-ten.

DR
Commercial and Technical Professional Manager at Evolution Technologies Group
Invaluable identity data warehouse, easy to configure, and straightforward to implement

• "The most valuable feature for our customers and for us is the identity data warehouse."
  • "The report functionality and dashboard of the access manager could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Less than half of my customers use the solution within the government for certification, identity process, and optimization of the roles and requirements for other areas. For the rest of my other customers, they are using the solution for their core systems. For example, they are doing vertical financial analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has made my client's customers' journeys a lot better.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for our customers and for us is the identity data warehouse. For financial analytics, this is the way to make the clusters better.

What needs improvement?

The report functionality and dashboard of the access manager could be improved.

In the future, there should be improvements integrating into cloud ecosystems, such as AWS or Azure. At the moment we have to purchase many different solutions to have a fully operational intelligent identity package. There are some features lacking in identity and the DevOps solutions.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

We did not have an issue with scaling the solution. My customers range from medium to large scale businesses using this solution.

The customer support process is slow at times because they do not have proper language support for my clients in Latin America speaking Spanish. There is good support for English but not Spanish.

The solution was easy to install for me but might not be for someone who is not used to the
methodology.

We have three implementation consultants, one project manager, and two engineers as part of our deployment team. The number of people sent to a project depends on the environment in which the solution is being implemented. For example, The relation is one person per three systems, if you need to make more than 20 in three months, we will have to supply more people. The implementation took approximately six months.

For the ordinary maintenance activities for administration solutions, we provide normally one person to support four customers.

The price of the solution could improve, it is not priced well for smaller businesses to afford. We have one customer that has 2,000 identities and another one with 8,000.

We have evaluated Oracle, IBM, and Micro Trend solutions.

The methodology is very important, the methodology guides me and the customer to obtain the goal. Between all these solutions, this is the biggest difference. Additionally, the facility to build the data warehouse identity in order to have real identity governance is important. More specifically, the facility to create integration with the system and the way to make the governance of the data connectors are important because in other solutions you have to develop the code for the connectors. This includes low-level coding and business rules that have to be put in the DAT code, it takes a lot of time to have the functionality that you desire.

This is a mature solution, you can easily configure the connectors using a GUI interface. It makes the process a lot simpler. The business rules are model-specific and governed to reach the goals. This solution is straightforward to implement than another technology.

What other advice do I have?

I have my doubts about what is the best way to set up this solution. It is not only an issue with this solution but for others as well. We have two flavors of the solutions, software-as-a-service(SaaS) and on-premise. None of our customers is ready to choose one of those because if you are on-premise, generally, it is fully featured. It is easier to integrate with another system but it is not going to satisfy the customers that want a solution on the Cloud.

On the other hand, SaaS or Cloud solution may be better for you but you might have a lot of legacy systems that are not ready to work perfectly with a SaaS solution. At this point, the main issue is to figure out what solution is best at the present time, on-premise or SaaS. This decision can be very difficult.

You need to be careful with the decisions you make because if you choose an on-premise solution right now you most likely are going to be on the cloud in three years. You need to keep this in mind. The industry is going in that direction.

I rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chris Derjany
Security Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Easy to use, scalable, and stable

• "Deployment takes a bit of time, however, once it's done properly, everything becomes very organized and easy to use."
  • "The solution, in general, is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for governance. Clients also use it for single sign-on, to consolidate the access for B2C or B2B cases. Those are the main use cases that we've seen.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is very good.

It's nice that everything comes out of the box in SailPoint.

The solution is completely stable. It's one of the best solutions on the market.

The solution can scale.

What needs improvement?

While you can scale the solution, it is expensive to do so. The solution, in general, is quite expensive. If the pricing was better, the adoption rate would be much higher.

Deployment can take a while.

At least in the UAE, they need more presence on the ground. It would be good to have more people to assist us to help us adopt this technology and become certified on it. The bigger the channel here is, in the UAE, the more people will start to train on it, and the cost of the deployment will become cheaper when there is competition. Right now, there's some kind of monopoly. If you have two experts in the entire UAE, they're going to raise their prices so that the cost is very high.

I've used the solution for two years at this point.

The stability of the solution is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's a very reliable product.

The solution is scalable, however, companies need to be mindful of the extra costs involved.

Technical support does not have a presence here in UAE. There's only one person that I was in contact with all the time. He's like the manager and a technical guy. He's a one-man show. That said, he's very good and very supportive. The company itself, however, does not have a presence here and they don't have an office. This one person just is mobile and is traveling most of the time.

The deployment requires someone specialized in the solution. It can be expensive to set up, however, once it's deployed and properly up and running, it's very easy to use.

That said, the initial setup is not straightforward. Any IAM project takes some expertise to deploy, as it's not an easy technology to get going. it's the same as a SIEM solution. You need to have a good understanding of the technology and spend some time with the customer in order to completely understand his requirements. After that, you will be able to do a proper deployment.

The amount of personnel you need depends on the size of the environment, however, the bigger the environment, the more technical team you need. You need at least one expert on the site to handle the project, just one expert, who will put in the guidelines. After that, you can have, two or three junior people to do the repetitive tasks.

The license is expensive and the deployment is expensive. This is due to the fact that the experts in that field who know how to do a proper deployment are very rare, and their cost is really high. Usually, the cost of deploying about 5,000 licenses or 5,000 users, would be the equivalent to the cost of the license, which would be reaching up to around $90,000.

Users can sign up for a one-year or three-year contract.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not a direct customer. I am a reseller of the product.

Usually, for this type of solution, everyone requests it to be on-prem, especially in the Gulf area. They prefer not to opt for the cloud solution. There's still some resistance in that area.

As a technology, I would rate it at a nine out of ten. It's very good. That said, in terms of pricing, I would rate it very low, at maybe a three to four. It's also making our lives very hard as system integrators. To sell it, due to the price tag, is very, very hard.

I would recommend it to other users and companies. Overall, the product is sound.

HH
Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
A flexible and stable solution with a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities and good value for money

• "It provides a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities. You don't have to do too much custom development like other solutions such as Microsoft or NetIQ. It also has a lot of out-of-the-box connectors for different sources, directories, databases, etc. Its cloud version is working very well, and its pricing is okay. Its value for money is fine for most of the customers. It is also very flexible. They have frequent new releases and patches for fixing errors and things like that."
  • "They can work on their strategy for the on-premise version. They have to decide whether and for how long they will support the on-premise version. The new features first appear in the cloud, and after that, they are released for the on-premise version. In the cloud, you have more options and flexibility, which is absolutely normal. They have to have a clear strategy regarding whether they'll support the on-premises version with the same focus. The licensing for on-premise and cloud is a little bit different. They can make it the same."

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of use cases. About 90% of our clients are using this solution for internal identity management. Only one client is using SailPoint for external customers.

About 70% or 80% of deployments are on the cloud, and about 30% or 20% of deployments are on-premise. We have two customers who have on-premise deployments.

What is most valuable?

It provides a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities. You don't have to do too much custom development like other solutions such as Microsoft or NetIQ. It also has a lot of out-of-the-box connectors for different sources, directories, databases, etc.

Its cloud version is working very well, and its pricing is okay. Its value for money is fine for most of the customers. It is also very flexible. They have frequent new releases and patches for fixing errors and things like that.

What needs improvement?

They can work on their strategy for the on-premise version. They have to decide whether and for how long they will support the on-premise version. The new features first appear in the cloud, and after that, they are released for the on-premise version. In the cloud, you have more options and flexibility, which is absolutely normal. They have to have a clear strategy regarding whether they'll support the on-premises version with the same focus. The licensing for on-premise and cloud is a little bit different. They can make it the same.

We have been using this solution for three years.

It is absolutely stable.

It is scalable. It can support tens of millions of identities. We have a total of nine clients. Eight clients use it internally. One client is using SailPoint for external customers, and it is a very large deployment. They have about a million and a half customers.

We do not offer support because support is provided by SailPoint, but we can act as the first line of support. We have around seven people who are actively doing SailPoint tasks.

Their support is very good. My colleagues, as well as our customers, have shared that the support is very good.

We had some experience with Microsoft and IBM in the past, but these solutions are not so good. They're very expensive, and Microsoft and IBM are not flexible in pricing.

We decided to go with SailPoint because, as a company, they are flexible. Their partner discounts are also good. SailPoint is a really good company. It is a new generation company like some of the other competitors and vendors.

Its installation is easy, but it depends on how many and what types of identity sources you have. If you have well-defined sources, such as active directory, LDAP directory, or some other application directories, it is very easy, but if you have only databases with identities, it could be challenging. It is not always easy to deploy identity management solutions in organizations because there are too many identity sources that have to be integrated.

The deployment duration depends on the scale, complexity, and number of sources. Typically, in enterprise organizations, it could take from six to nine months to cover the whole organization. It can even take a year. For customers with less than 20,000 or 30,000 active users, you can deploy it in less than three months.

Its price is okay. It provides good value for money.

It is subscription-based. You can go for a one-year or three-year subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this product. It is a good product.

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten.

TC
Cyber Security - Identity Management Architect & PM with 11-50 employees
Stable but implementations often fail and the setup could be simplified

• "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "The connectors are far too manual. This needs to be automated a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for regular connectors with LVAT connectors, Workday connectors, and Provision.

What is most valuable?

You can scale the solution if you need to.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What needs improvement?

The solution has plenty of places that need improvement and attention.

The connectors are far too manual. This needs to be automated a bit.

The provision is not very intuitive. The interface is not user-friendly at all. They could redesign a lot of its functionality to make it easier to use.

The initial setup could be simplified. It's difficult right now.

Implementations rarely go well.

I can't think of other features that I would like to see in a future release.

I've been using the solution for about ten years now. It's been a long time - a decade at this point.

The solution is reliable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches that affect its performance. It doesn't crash. It's stable.

You can scale the solution quite easily. That wouldn't be a problem for a company.

I have experience with NetIQ, and I prefer it to this solution.

The initial setup isn't really complex, but it is difficult. It could be simplified in many ways. Right now, it's not straightforward. Up to 80% of implementations do not go to plan.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We didn't use an integrator or reseller to assist us during the initial setup. It was all handled in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization does not have any business relationship with the product.

I don't believe I would recommend the solution. I'd advise other organizations to use NetIQ instead. It's a better solution, in my opinion.

I'd rate the solution five out of ten overall.

80% of my job is handling a software spike. If the project has failed, then I'm the one coming in to help clients and doing it for them. I've noticed that 80% of all SailPoint implementations do not go well.

KS
Management Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
A stable, scalable and simple solution for managing identity governance

• "The solution is pretty stable and simple to use."
  • "What it doesn't do is provide notice in the event of a vulnerability or offense from the security."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to manage the identity governance, from creating the IDs and their accesses to managing and revoking them.

What needs improvement?

An issue needing improvement is that the solution is heavily focused on one's identity, while there has been a move to providing identity as a security service. While it provides these services, the solution can still not do the identity management for the cloud. As such, the security feature can be improved.

Essentially, it manages and helps to create all the IDs and to manage the identities and accesses. What it doesn't do is provide notice in the event of a vulnerability or offense from the security. That's where tools like CyberArk or Netskope, which are more CASB tools, come into play.

I can think of no additional features needing improvement.

I do not personally deal with SailPoint IdentityIQ but, as a security consultant, discuss with the customer its purchase. I have been doing so for three years.

The solution is pretty stable and simple to use.

The solution is scalable.

I have not had experience with technical support.

The installation consists of two parts, the one for coming up with the rules, for which we go to the input, the other for providing some assistance in the creation of the rules and accesses. Once that part is done, the tooling part is pretty simple.

The installation is straightforward.

I do not recall how long it took.

What other advice do I have?

The solution can be deployed both on-cloud and on-premises?

It's pretty stable and simple to use.

I have recommended the solution to three customers who have opted for it.

I would recommend this solution to others.

From the perspective of its performance I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ as a nine out of ten, in light of its identity governance.

VS
Solution Architect – Identity and Access Management , Platform services at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable with a good concept and design, but it is too technical and needs more connectors and better pricing

• "The basic concept is most valuable. I like how they have designed the solution. They create an Identity Cube, and then they do all the processes and configuration around the Identity Cube."
  • "It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate onboarding and offboarding processes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great.

It should also have more standard connectors. Its price should also be reduced.

I have been using this solution for more than 15 years.

It is surely stable.

It is scalable.

I have not interacted with their technical support.

Its initial setup is not straightforward. No identity management solution is straightforward.

It is a costly solution. Its cost, for sure, should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use a non-Microsoft application, then, for sure, go with SailPoint, but if your use cases are only using Microsoft applications, then go with Microsoft.

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a seven out of 10.

EA
Referent and IAM architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good documentation, support, and an active community

• "The community is very active and when I had questions about an issue, I was able to find the resources."
  • "The interface should be simple and easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution in one of our projects for provisioning rights in applications such as Active Directory and Office 365. It was also used for collecting information and centralizing it, which was then used to create rights.

What is most valuable?

There is a lot of documentation available.

The community is very active and when I had questions about an issue, I was able to find the resources.

What needs improvement?

This solution is difficult to configure.

The interface should be simple and easier to use.

I have been working with SailPoint IdentityIQ for five months.

Technical support is very responsive. When I created a ticket, they responded the same day.

I had questions, more than issues when it came to technical support.

What other advice do I have?

The project that I worked on involved an on-premises deployment, although it can also be deployed on the cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to not begin without having the specification written and documented in advance. If you are implementing it for a client then you want to understand everything that the client wants to use, in advance of implementing.

SailPoint is very good when it comes to Identity Management, although I would appreciate it more if it were simpler to use.

Download our free SailPoint IdentityIQ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.