SailPoint IdentityIQ Overview

SailPoint IdentityIQ is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top User Provisioning Software. It is most often compared to CyberArk PAS: SailPoint IdentityIQ vs CyberArk PAS

What is SailPoint IdentityIQ?
Identity and access management software that includes compliance and password management, analytics, and user provisioning.

SailPoint IdentityIQ is also known as IdentityIQ.

SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide

Download the SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

SailPoint IdentityIQ Customers
Adobe, Aviva, Axa, Tokyo Electron
SailPoint IdentityIQ Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SailPoint IdentityIQ pricing:
  • "The licensing fees are on a yearly basis."
  • "You do pay one price for the license but that price depends on what you choose to include as far as the optional modules go."
  • "SailPoint is higher in price as compared to Saviynt. The initial cost of SailPoint is very high. There are additional costs to the standard licensing fees."

SailPoint IdentityIQ Reviews

JohnOdisho
IT Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 11, 2019
ROI has been outstanding and our user onboarding time has been significantly decreased

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to manage our identity. We use it for identity access and onboarding accounts and users.

• "We like the integration with other systems."
  • "I would like to see more Cloud management from this product."

What other advice do I have?

We have some old processes in place that need to be revisited and updated. Those, of course, made our implementation a little bit late and we ran into some issues. One of the hurdles has been that people are used to the old method and when a new change comes in, a lot of people are not very open-minded to it. So it takes a lot of training and convincing about this new technology. We need to make changes to the way the form looks, the process. We had to make a lot of changes to the current processes. We had very outdated processes that were not working well for us because we had to get a lot of…
Matt Thomson
Principal Consultant at UNIFY Solutions
Aug 28, 2020
End-to-end Identity Management and Access Governance solution that shows why its a Market leader

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for identity and access management and access governance. The product manages the whole identity lifecycle for workplace identities. IdentityIQ takes care of the joiner (new accounts), the mover (transfer/role changes), and the lever (account termination), as well as looking at things like the certification phase. It covers the whole user lifecycle and provides market leading governance capabilities.

• "The solution is very good at the management of the identity lifecycle."
  • "Compared to at least one other product some of the administrative tasks could be easier or more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people considering SailPoint is to be sure you get a good experienced service integrator to help you with the product. Somebody who has done it before knows the best ways to implement it and make the system work properly to meet your business application. They have the battle scars and can help you navigate around any potential issues On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate IdentityIQ as a nine-out-of-ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about SailPoint, Oracle, Broadcom and others in User Provisioning Software. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1265919
Cyber Security - Identity Management Architect & PM with 11-50 employees
Sep 22, 2020
Stable but implementations often fail and the setup could be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for regular connectors with LVAT connectors, Workday connectors, and Provision.

• "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "The connectors are far too manual. This needs to be automated a bit."

What other advice do I have?

Our organization does not have any business relationship with the product. I don't believe I would recommend the solution. I'd advise other organizations to use NetIQ instead. It's a better solution, in my opinion. I'd rate the solution five out of ten overall. 80% of my job is handling a software spike. If the project has failed, then I'm the one coming in to help clients and doing it for them. I've noticed that 80% of all SailPoint implementations do not go well.
reviewer1145988
Referent and IAM architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Apr 14, 2020
Good documentation, support, and an active community

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution in one of our projects for provisioning rights in applications such as Active Directory and Office 365. It was also used for collecting information and centralizing it, which was then used to create rights.

• "The community is very active and when I had questions about an issue, I was able to find the resources."
  • "The interface should be simple and easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

The project that I worked on involved an on-premises deployment, although it can also be deployed on the cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment. My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to not begin without having the specification written and documented in advance. If you are implementing it for a client then you want to understand everything that the client wants to use, in advance of implementing. SailPoint is very good when it comes to Identity Management, although I would appreciate it more if it were simpler to use. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1451595
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Nov 21, 2020
Very good support and valuable Certifications and User Provisioning features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for lifecycle management. We have joiner, leaver, rehire, and termination as well as user provisioning. We also do certifications and reporting.

• "Certifications and user provisioning features are the most valuable."
  • "The UI needs to be more user friendly. More concentration on historical policy violations would be great. In terms of new features, I would like to see artificial intelligence and machine language added."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten. I am happy with it.
Mohammed Ather Khan
Technical lead at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Sep 23, 2019
Good compliance features but their support takes a long time to respond

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premises and cloud deployment models. We use it for many uses like compliance control, provisioning, automated provisioning, password management, and identity governance.

What is most valuable?

The compliance features are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the client base to be improved. Also, they should change what they charge for the licenses.   They should lower the price and technical support should be better. Their support takes a long time to respond and they're not straightforward.

I have been using IdentityIQ for around two years.

The stability is good.

What do I think about the scalability

Download our free User Provisioning Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about SailPoint, Oracle, Broadcom, and more!