SailPoint IdentityIQ Overview

SailPoint IdentityIQ is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top User Provisioning Software. It is most often compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager: SailPoint IdentityIQ vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager

What is SailPoint IdentityIQ?

SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise. We’re committed to protecting businesses from the inherent risk that comes with providing technology access across today’s diverse and remote workforce. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, and ensuring that each worker has the right access to do their job, no more, no less. With SailPoint at the foundation of their business, our customers can provision access with confidence, protect business assets at scale and ensure compliance with certainty.

SailPoint IdentityIQ is also known as IdentityIQ.

SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide

Download the SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

SailPoint IdentityIQ Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Digital Technology Leader, Risk Operations at Baker Hughes, a GE company
It is a stable tool, which we run in our complex environment

What is our primary use case?

We use it for Identity Lifecycle Management:  Access requests Provisioning Deprovisioning JCT process and reconciliation (aggregation).

How has it helped my organization?

It provides one solution for the entire process in a complex environment with different types of applications and connectors.

What is most valuable?

All Identity Access Management processes in the tool are valuable.

What needs improvement?

The product has poor reporting and analytic capabilities. Reports are not easy to use and its analytic capabilities are limited.

It is a stable tool, which we run in our complex environment.
User at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Great product to manage the access control of users

What is our primary use case?

SailPoint IIQ Features: Compliance controls Access request and automated provisioning Password management Data access governance Role lifecycle management Great product to manage the access control of users.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides good authorization and authentication system functionality. Keeps data safe.

What is most valuable?

Report generation Compliance manager dashboard reporting Policy violation Access certification, etc.

What needs improvement?

Needs to focus on automation wherein provisioning of work can be improved and access certification should be automated without the intervention from a manager for approval.

Which solution did I use previously

Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Advisor, Java EE Developer at a tech vendor
What used to be very complex can be simplified if implemented correctly.

What is our primary use case?

Enterprise application provisioning and certifications. Provisioning automatically grants access to users based on pre-qualified variables like job function, region, etc; Certification feature of IIQ allows teams to go back and validate that access is still valid, limiting access to those who need

What other advice do I have?

Work with experience solutions experts who have worked with this tool before. Complement them with experience, and the tools needed to succeed including strong testing and development, project management and team support.
Senior Software Design Engineer-IAM at a university with 10,001+ employees
Manager Certification Helps To Review User Access And Remove Unnecessary Users.

What is most valuable?

The Certification and Provisioning features are most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Manager Certification helped to review user access and revoked unnecessary accesses to various applications.

What needs improvement?

The connector for EPIC, ServiceNow, and Duo.

More than a year.

None, except cosmetics issues related to UI and documentation.

Excellent.

We didn’t have a solution for Certification, but we had a homegrown solution for all other IAM processes. For various…
Information Security Architect and Senior Analyst
Customized Data Imports and Role Modeling

• "The level of customization for data imports and role modeling, because it helps to integrate faster, support easier and let it reuse the organization role structure."
  • "Some setups should be done in the interface and in the code, and could be made simpler."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure the distance between the database and application server is very short. There is natural integration with other solutions that should be considered in your selection, like with CyberArk or ServiceNow.
Identity Management Infrastructure Services Senior Analyst at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Make sure to verify your requirements before implementation.

• "Security and administration for any new/current access."
  • "It allowed to implement the automated processes when a new employee is hired. It allows to have a main central process for new hires."

What other advice do I have?

Verify the requirements and the growth.
Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User provisioning and the role management features are good.

What is most valuable?

User provisioning and the role management features are good.

What needs improvement?

The advanced provisioning features require more improvement.

I have used this solution for seven years.

I would rate the technical support a 4/5.

The setup was straightforward.

I did evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product based on the customer requirements.
Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It needs more details during account aggregation failures but the provisioning in multiple environments is valuable.

What is most valuable?

Provisioning in multiple environments Certification Provisioning Auditing

How has it helped my organization?

Automated accounts provisioning during the on-boarding process.

What needs improvement?

Additional details during account aggregation failures to help quick troubleshooting.

We started with our customer last fall.

None.

Initial testing with a large amount of cubes (over 60K) went well.

Customer Service: Good. Technical Support: Good - via a forum (Compass) and…
Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Simplified access certification and Identity Life Cycle Management

What other advice do I have?

Implement Sailpoint IIQ for Access Governance and for simplified Identity Management.
IT Access Management Process Leader at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Reporting and some GUI areas need work but we have consolidated a single view of a user's access to multiple systems.

What other advice do I have?

Spend double the time/money up front in fully understanding your business requirements, opportunities for process changes. Also ensure you get a detailed understanding of identity and access business processes and understand your HR (and other authoritative) data source.
Senior IT Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Development framework needs to be improved but the self-service access request feature is valuable.

What other advice do I have?

* Phased Deployment * Get to know new features * Expand gracefully/logically * Create a change control & env. management process * Automate where possible * Become flexible with migrations
Principal Technologist
IdentityIQ is flexible but customizing everything will add to your costs now and your maintenance later. Keep it simple.

What other advice do I have?

Listen to the vendor and other clients who have successfully implemented the product; lots of, problems with hardware and implementation process can be avoided by taking the advice of those who have been there before. Ensure the project has strong leadership. You’ll need this to ensure cooperation of system administrators that are often protective of access to their applications. You need to configure provisioning, but administrators will only give you a read-only account until it is proven it works and will not cause problems. Or enterprise architects may insist that all integration has to be…
Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It has automated access governance but the multi-aggregation feature needs improvement.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a product that would suit your access governance needs then perhaps Sailpoint identity IQ is a good option, but if you require automatic remediation capabilities as well then you might need to integrate it with an identity management product like OIM.
IP Technical Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
The layout of the controls had an intuitive feel but it ​broke down several times

What other advice do I have?

I was an Identity Access Management operator for a company contracted as an outsource for a major global company. My involvement was brief. I was part time help while looking for full time employment in an unrelated field.
Tech Consulting Sr Associate at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
It has many valuable features however I would prefer cutting the amount of features in half to increase the stability

What other advice do I have?

It is very difficult to go at this alone. If you are interested in implementing send your engineers to the SailPoint provisioning training and get a few experienced consultants to help you.
Sr. Application Test Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
This solution is easy to configure and very flexible but despite this, it is complex if you want AD Forest

Valuable Features:

We can use different types of DBs and Application Servers from different different brands for the business. Many are supported by II.

Improvements to My Organization:

Customization of workflows as per business needs is easy & most effective part is certification for easy compliance and access monitoring & revokes extra access if any.

Room for Improvement:

Complex configuration if you want to have AD forest architecture in place.

Use of Solution:

Three years.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Only if we have a combination with an AD forest.

Very good. Support is provided even on…
IdM Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
This is the best product of its type available however the price is very high

What other advice do I have?

SailPoint IdentityIQ is a very good product (in my opinion - it is the best product and it took the leading place in Gartner's Magic Quadrant two years in a row) and I can recommend it to all who are looking for a very strong IDM solution (if the price suits you).
Download our free SailPoint IdentityIQ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.