Salesforce Marketing Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Social CRM tools. It is most often compared to Oracle Eloqua: Salesforce Marketing Cloud vs Oracle Eloqua

What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud includes the set of marketing tools, built on a unified platform: Journey Builder, create 1-to-1 consumer journeys across all channels and departments. Email Studio, builds personalized email campaigns with the world's #1 email marketing platform. Salesforce DMP, capture and activate data from any source on a unified platform. Salesforce Data Studio, supports marketing with data from the premium data ecosystem. Social Studio listen, publish, and engage with your consumers across social media channels. Advertising Studio Target 1-to-1 advertising using your CRM data to acquire and re-engage consumers. Mobile Studio Personalize mobile interactions including SMS, push notifications, and group messaging. Interaction Studio Visualize, track, and manage realtime consumer experiences - driving valuable engagement at the right moment, just the way your audience prefers. And Pardot Unite marketing and sales on a single platform for B2B marketing automation.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is also known as ExactTarget.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Customers
American Express, Financial Conduct Authority, KPN, Merck KGaA, Peterborough City Council, The Chapar, ADP, Financial Times, Stanley Black & Decker, SureFlap, Western Union, Philips
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Marketing Cloud pricing:
  • "Its licensing is on an annual basis. Customers are okay with its licensing cost, and they don't find it expensive."
  • "We did a yearly license. We negotiated and got a great deal. I don't think we would have gotten far with the regular price, but they negotiated, so it was worth that."

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

SP
Product Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good technical support, extremely good scalability and very stable

• "The solution is very, very scalable."
  • "The solution can be difficult to set up for non-technical individuals."

What is our primary use case?

Basically, in the present company where I'm working right now, I'm into the firewall purely on a security end. There are two kinds of deployment, whether it can be on-premises or on-cloud. We don't need any additional features or additional things to the firewall itself. If the customer is demanding "Okay, we want a specific cloud", they can have that flexibility. They specifically can name features and everything.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps to boost the basic revenue generation of a company.

What is most valuable?

The most interesting part is knowing your customer. If we go for any person who is just a random person we don't know anything at the start. However, we get to know something more about their infrastructure, their architecture, their flow, et cetera, over time. Accordingly, we can do some research and increase our productivity in our field and also in our company.

The solution is very, very scalable.

The solution is stable.

Technical support has always been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The product can improve security. If we can get better security on the cloud, it would be ideal. With the cloud, you don't need any infrastructure or any kind of end-user person. We'd like to increase the security protocols and increase the policies which have been assigned or have been deployed from years back.

The solution can be difficult to set up for non-technical individuals.

I've been in marketing for over five years, and in that time, have adopted Salesforce.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. It helps if there's a technical person on hand to handle the deal flow when pitching to customers to showcase proper handling.

The solution is completely scalable. The sky really is the limit. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so as much as it wants.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. It's been pretty good overall. They seem to be helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup can vary in complexity.

If a customer is from a non-technical department or a non-technical field, then we struggle a bit in explaining what needs to be done. However, if a particular person is knowledgeable about the technology or the upcoming trends, it will be a fairly easy process.

The pricing is reasonable. However, it depends on the particular customer. It depends on what their needs are and how much of the product they will use, et cetera.

The pricing can also vary depending on the deployment model.

What other advice do I have?

I'm in distribution. I'm a developer.

We work with different deployment models, depending on what the client needs.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Ken Watson
Vice President Information Technology at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Leaderboard
Sending personalized emails to clients and prospects helps build our brand awareness

• "The most valuable feature is the 'Accelerators', which are expert-taught subject matter webinars on items such as personalization of emails and SMS to contacts and prospects."
  • "We would like an improvement to the 'Einstein Engagement Frequency'; the optimal range of emails that our subscribers will engage with."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for sending personalized emails to prospects and clients for reminder consultations or meetings. Use 'Journey Builder' to have clients/prospects first name, last name, financial advisor's signature at the bottom, and dynamic sender for personalized emails that are sent ad hoc, weekly, and monthly.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved organization brand awareness with prospects and clients. It can track open and click-through rates, among other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). While only Premier Support customers (like our firm) have access to Accelerators, these subject matter-taught webinars give detailed implementation instructions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the 'Accelerators', which are expert-taught subject matter webinars on items such as personalization of emails and SMS to contacts and prospects.

Setting up the 'short code' with cell phone carriers to send short messages to contacts and prospects has proved valuable.

What needs improvement?

We would like an improvement to the 'Einstein Engagement Frequency'; the optimal range of emails that our subscribers will engage with. Then take action to suppress those who receive too many or send more to those receiving too few. Also, we would like a 'sandbox' for Marketing Cloud because only PROD exists today.

We have been using this solution actively for five months, since May 2019.

Market Volt was elementary compared to Marketing Cloud.

Know that six months on ingesting data is a minimum requirement. You cannot port six months of data, it must be ingested.

Salesforce offered Pardot but the 'road map' showed the long-term internal investment would be on Marketing Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

We are only touching the surface of segmentation in the Marketing Cloud, primarily for sales and marketing teams.

AB
SFDC Practice Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable and scalable with good pricing and useful Journey Builder and Email Studio features

• "The Journey Builder and the Email Studio features are most valuable."
  • "We need a development environment for Marketing Cloud. Currently, there is no development environment for this solution. Other Salesforce products, such as Sales and Service Cloud, have a development environment in which the developers can do some things and then post them in production. Currently, everything happens in the production for Marketing Cloud. There is only one environment, and the developers and the end-users have to work in the same environment, which seems to be challenging. If Salesforce can bring a developer environment for Marketing Cloud, it will be good."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for campaign management and running events. We are a service organization. We build the Salesforce Marketing Cloud for our customers. Some of them are high-tech manufacturing customers. We are not end-users.

What is most valuable?

The Journey Builder and the Email Studio features are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We need a development environment for Marketing Cloud. Currently, there is no development environment for this solution. Other Salesforce products, such as Sales and Service Cloud, have a development environment in which the developers can do some things and then post them in production. Currently, everything happens in the production for Marketing Cloud. There is only one environment, and the developers and the end-users have to work in the same environment, which seems to be challenging. If Salesforce can bring a developer environment for Marketing Cloud, it will be good.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We are using it for three or four customers.

We are fine with their technical support. For any support requirement, we reach out to our customers, and we ask them to raise a request. We get their credentials, and then we take the support request.

We don't require a big team. It is a team of two or three people.

Its licensing is on an annual basis. Customers are okay with its licensing cost, and they don't find it expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I didn't get any complaints from our customers.

I would rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud an eight out of ten.

Emilia Maria D'Anzica
CEO at growthmolecules
A robust solution with good Email automation and good scalability

• "Email automation is most valuable."
  • "The general setup and understanding of how to use it can be improved. There should be easier self-service for setting up dashboards. Currently, we have someone setting them up for us. I wish it was easier."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to communicate with our customers. We look at the reports to see the communication engagement, and then we do sequencing to make sure that there are continuous touchpoints with the client. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Email automation is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The general setup and understanding of how to use it can be improved. There should be easier self-service for setting up dashboards. Currently, we have someone setting them up for us. I wish it was easier.

It is pretty robust, and I've never had issues with it being unstable.

It is very scalable, and it grows with your company. Currently, it is being used by only three marketers. As we grow, we probably will increase its usage.

We have not contacted them. It might be a paid service, and I don't know if we have that.

It was complex.

We hired an outside company to help us.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to invest in onboarding and implementation because you want to set it up right from the beginning. If you set it up wrong, you'll be spending more money.

I would rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud an eight out of ten.