Salesforce Marketing Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Social CRM tools. It is most often compared to Oracle Eloqua: Salesforce Marketing Cloud vs Oracle Eloqua

What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud includes the set of marketing tools, built on a unified platform: Journey Builder, create 1-to-1 consumer journeys across all channels and departments. Email Studio, builds personalized email campaigns with the world's #1 email marketing platform. Salesforce DMP, capture and activate data from any source on a unified platform. Salesforce Data Studio, supports marketing with data from the premium data ecosystem. Social Studio listen, publish, and engage with your consumers across social media channels. Advertising Studio Target 1-to-1 advertising using your CRM data to acquire and re-engage consumers. Mobile Studio Personalize mobile interactions including SMS, push notifications, and group messaging. Interaction Studio Visualize, track, and manage realtime consumer experiences - driving valuable engagement at the right moment, just the way your audience prefers. And Pardot Unite marketing and sales on a single platform for B2B marketing automation.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is also known as ExactTarget.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Customers
American Express, Financial Conduct Authority, KPN, Merck KGaA, Peterborough City Council, The Chapar, ADP, Financial Times, Stanley Black & Decker, SureFlap, Western Union, Philips
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Marketing Cloud pricing:
  • "Its licensing is on an annual basis. Customers are okay with its licensing cost, and they don't find it expensive."
  • "We did a yearly license. We negotiated and got a great deal. I don't think we would have gotten far with the regular price, but they negotiated, so it was worth that."

SP
Product Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good technical support, extremely good scalability and very stable

What is our primary use case?

Basically, in the present company where I'm working right now, I'm into the firewall purely on a security end. There are two kinds of deployment, whether it can be on-premises or on-cloud. We don't need any additional features or additional things to the firewall itself. If the customer is demanding "Okay, we want a specific cloud", they can have that flexibility. They specifically can name features and everything.

• "The solution is very, very scalable."
  • "The solution can be difficult to set up for non-technical individuals."

What other advice do I have?

I'm in distribution. I'm a developer. We work with different deployment models, depending on what the client needs. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
Ken Watson
Vice President Information Technology at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Sending personalized emails to clients and prospects helps build our brand awareness

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for sending personalized emails to prospects and clients for reminder consultations or meetings. Use 'Journey Builder' to have clients/prospects first name, last name, financial advisor's signature at the bottom, and dynamic sender for personalized emails that are sent ad hoc, weekly, and monthly.

• "The most valuable feature is the 'Accelerators', which are expert-taught subject matter webinars on items such as personalization of emails and SMS to contacts and prospects."
  • "We would like an improvement to the 'Einstein Engagement Frequency'; the optimal range of emails that our subscribers will engage with."

What other advice do I have?

We are only touching the surface of segmentation in the Marketing Cloud, primarily for sales and marketing teams.
AB
SFDC Practice Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable and scalable with good pricing and useful Journey Builder and Email Studio features

What is our primary use case?

It is used for campaign management and running events. We are a service organization. We build the Salesforce Marketing Cloud for our customers. Some of them are high-tech manufacturing customers. We are not end-users.

• "The Journey Builder and the Email Studio features are most valuable."
  • "We need a development environment for Marketing Cloud. Currently, there is no development environment for this solution. Other Salesforce products, such as Sales and Service Cloud, have a development environment in which the developers can do some things and then post them in production. Currently, everything happens in the production for Marketing Cloud. There is only one environment, and the developers and the end-users have to work in the same environment, which seems to be challenging. If Salesforce can bring a developer environment for Marketing Cloud, it will be good."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I didn't get any complaints from our customers. I would rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud an eight out of ten.
Emilia Maria D'Anzica
CEO at growthmolecules
A robust solution with good Email automation and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use it to communicate with our customers. We look at the reports to see the communication engagement, and then we do sequencing to make sure that there are continuous touchpoints with the client. We are using its latest version.

• "Email automation is most valuable."
  • "The general setup and understanding of how to use it can be improved. There should be easier self-service for setting up dashboards. Currently, we have someone setting them up for us. I wish it was easier."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to invest in onboarding and implementation because you want to set it up right from the beginning. If you set it up wrong, you'll be spending more money. I would rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud an eight out of ten.