JuanAcevedo
Head Of IT and Corporate Processes at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Fully integrated, providing a seamless experience and increased efficiency in our company

• "A fully integrated solution that provides a seamless experience."
  • "An expensive solution requiring a lot of configuration."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for management processes such as grading sales orders, including all the KPI for the sales team to close negotiations. I'm head of IT and corporate process and we are customers of Salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

Now that mail and other communications have been automated by Salesforce, we have seen a 60% increase in efficiency levels. In addition, we improved 30% of the analysis of the KPIs in the sales team.

What is most valuable?

The value of this product to us is the seamless experience and having a fully integrated solution with all the market solutions. Salesforce also have a lot of partners with product teams for major project support. There are continuous improvements to the platform. Each day we find new functionalities or reports and it's very good for the team.

What needs improvement?

The solution is very expensive compared to CRM solutions. It requires a lot of configuration that could make it difficult for some people. We are lucky to have a partner helping us. In addition, the license together with the cost of implementation, makes it very expensive. In some cases it's good to be modular, but in this case each time you want to integrate something, there's an additional cost. If you want to integrate with Office 365 you have to pay; if you want a seamless process with the marketing team or the accounting team, you have to pay. Right now our process is good and we can do anything we need but we may need something more in the future.

I've been using this solution for six months.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

Scalability is great, we can do anything we want. Again, you have to pay for it but scalability is good. If you want to add processes, functions, area, additional information, it's very good.
For now, we have the sales manager and the principal sales team using the solution. Marketing and other users don't have access yet.

Customer service responds very quickly, within a few minutes. They will respond with a solution within about three hours.

The initial setup was okay because we paid for the configuration using an external partner and we didn't have the internal resources for that. We defined the process and all the designs with the partner in the first week. It then took another month to define the environments and some functionalities. The process took a total of five weeks. We currently have one IT leader who spends about 20% of their time on it and then an admin who spends about 10% of the day making changes and administering. We are going to increase usage in the coming year in the sales team and maybe increase some functionality.

My advice is to consider in detail what you are acquiring because you might not get everything you need in the initial quote provided by Salesforce. It's tricky and the price will be high.

We don't plan to replace Salesforce but we're looking at other ERP solutions to integrate with Salesforce.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to understand what you need for the short, middle and long term. Salesforce is a huge platform and might provide a level of functionality that you don't need. I would highly recommend implementation with a partner. It simplifies the process and if a company doesn't have the resources or people to administer the platform, it can effect the outcome. It's good to have a Salesforce administrator to assist when you need help.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Don Benjamin
Sr. Enterprise Multi-Cloud Strategist at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
A great platform to import, manage and save customer data; very good dashboards

• "A great platform to import, manage and save customer data."
  • "The reporting functionality is not very intuitive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Salesforce to manage pipeline opportunities. We are customers of Salesforce and I'm a senior enterprise multicloud strategist.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce enables us to track the percentage of opportunities that progress, the percentage that don't, and the reasons why.

What is most valuable?

This solution gives us a great platform to import and save customer data from various sources, and then manage them using outreach and various plugins to keep activity up. The dashboards are great, I can see lost or suspended accounts, year to day, total opportunities either as owner or team member, team pipelines, etc. It's very modular, so I don't have to continue to run reports and then track them myself. They have third-party plugins which are basically the same as features that enable you to get whatever functionality you need. It's fast and it works well, it's easy to aggregate information from multiple sources and all in all, I feel like it makes us a lot more productive as opposed to having to go to multiple websites. Here you can pull up an account, see all the tabs for that account without the need to have seven different tabs open on your browser.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality is very granular and you can do a lot with it, but unfortunately, it's not very intuitive. It's hard to get the report to show exactly what you want. It works if you turn it into a tile in the dashboard but working through it and creating the report is a little cumbersome, it's terrible. It's not super user-friendly, it takes time and some fiddling around. Simplified reporting would be great, but perhaps I don't have enough experience. I could spend some time figuring it out but for now, I create a report that I never have to create again. It's in a dashboard, so I don't get the opportunity to create much. With some training, I'd likely be better at creating reports.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable.

I've been able to scale very easily. We've doubled the size of our team in the last year and it's really easy to add new users and with a couple of minutes of training they've pretty much got it down. For that kind of internal growth and for everyone to be using it relatively well in such a short period of time, is great.

We have an internal technical resource that's able to assist on the Salesforce side. One of the things we've added recently is a button where you can essentially open a ticket for questions related to the use of Salesforce. In the past, I would reach out to our internal support team to help me build a report. Now, we simply have a request button that gets us to Salesforce.com support. I open the ticket and get a very quick response which is really great.

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, they need to incorporate plugins. Salesforce is a great platform. It's like being able to use the apps on an iPhone. It looks good, you can make calls and it's easy to use but it's the ability to add apps which makes it great. In Salesforce terms, the value lies in the modular solutions through the plugins.

In terms of rating, the solution loses points because of the non-intuitive reporting. On the other hand, it provides many benefits. I would therefore rate the solution eight out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mohamed Abd Kader
Head of Enterprise Architecture at Mantrac Group
Easy to set up, stable, and offers a great ecosystem

• "There is very good documentation available and Salesforce offers good communication with its clients. It's very user-friendly and has a system that is easy to learn."
  • "Technical support could be a bit faster."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the CRM, the customer relationship management, but now we are expanding its usage to allow our customers use access an online customer portal based on salesforce community and using B2B commerce

How has it helped my organization?

actually is was a great add-on on our digital landscape .....it in an easy to use , easy to customize platform ... an agile enabler platform

What is most valuable?

Salesforce is not a product ...it is a platform ....there is a huge difference between the two use cases

The platform allows us to receive and collect information easily.

There's a great ecosystem within Salesforce:

1) a huge network of implementation certified  partners  who have a great knowledge about the platform

2) A Market place  were you  can download 3rd party apps on the platform

3) There is very good online documentation available and Salesforce offers good communication with its clients. It's very user-friendly and has a system that is easy to learn.

We've found the stability to be quite good.

The initial setup is easy.

The product can scale well.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't really have any weak areas. overall  , It's very good product.

but Technical support could be a bit faster. for the standard support , their SLA is about 48 hours which is not that fast if you have a serious issue

Based on the platform capabilities . i see the Platform is very, very capable of handling a full ERP, and not only a CRM.

may be in the near future , SF will launch their own ERP system :)

We've been using this solution for ten years at this point. It's been a decade. It's been a long time.

The stability of the product has been good overall. We don't experience any downtime. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. You do need access to a good internet connection, however. Without a strong internet connection, you may experience some problems. However, that's not the fault of the Salesforce backend in any way.

The scalability is very good. If you need to expand it, you can do so relatively easily.

Technical support is okay. It's average. Their response times could be faster in terms of getting assistance to us. I'd rate it overall at a four out of five. Mostly we are happy with the level of support.

We did previously use another solution before Salesforce.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The time it takes to deploy depends on what your plans are for the solution. Without any specific customizations, it's a very quick process. Once you log on, you have access. That's it.

The solution is relatively expensive. It also comes with extra costs. For example, extra technical support is a bit more. It can add up.

We did evaluate a few other options before ultimately choosing Salesforce. Among these was Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

We're just Salesforce customers. We don't have a business relationship with them.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the product and its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. However, you need a strong team to manage it. You need to have suitable admins on hand to properly implement the rules.

EE
Unemployed
Useful customization, features rich, and scalable

• "he solution has improved over the years and the inputting of opportunity information is done a lot better and the GUI is good. The ability to customize dashboards and other elements was useful, we were able to move things around, for example, the forecasts. Most of the cells and input places were set, but we can customize the view and what we were looking at, such as on a daily, or weekly basis."
  • "I have found it takes an exceedingly long time to put opportunities or clients in the system. If I have an opportunity that I need to put in the system it could take approximately 10 minutes. This is a lot of time when you have multiple opportunities to put in. There are other tasks to do that are required by supervisors, such as forecasts. What I have done to save time is I did not input as much detail as I could have because I knew it was going to take me an hour to get five leads in."

What is our primary use case?

I was using the Salesforce Platform for forecasting, client opportunity creation, tracking, and client input and tracking.

What is most valuable?

The solution has improved over the years and the inputting of opportunity information is done a lot better and the GUI is good. The ability to customize dashboards and other elements was useful, we were able to move things around, for example, the forecasts. Most of the cells and input places were set, but we can customize the view and what we were looking at, such as on a daily, or weekly basis.

The solution is comprehensive, there is a wide range of features available. There are features that have been available from the beginning I am just learning about them now.

What needs improvement?

I have used Salesforce Platform for approximately four years.

The stability of the solution was good.  There were some bugs or glitches but nothing substantial or out of the ordinary that took us down for the day or prevented functionality.

The solution is easy to scale. For example, adding new employees.

We have approximately 1,000 people using Salesforce Platform in my organization. This includes managers, sales teams, and other employees.

In general, we would log calls into our company technical support for issues, and then they would escalate it as needed to the Salesforce team.

I have used other solutions similar to Salesforce Platform, such as Microsoft Dynamics. As a standard, the past three or four companies I have worked for have been using the Salesforce Platform.

Our IT did the implementation of the solution.

The price of Salesforce Platform is very expensive. There are other solutions that are similar that cost a quarter of what Salesforce Platform does, such as HubSpot.

I have evaluated HubSpot and it does 85% of the functionality of the Salesforce Platform.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement Salesforce Platform to have a dedicated Salesforce administrator who is used to have all changes go through them. Everything has to go through one person or it can get really complicated to manage.

Salesforce Platform is very good at what it does. However, it is still cumbersome, but then again, all the solutions I have used that are similar are all cumbersome. They all are asking for a lot of information in order to capture good realistic data. I have been doing technical sales amongst other things for 30 years and I do not know how these solutions can be made less cumbersome and still capture accurate information out of it.

I rate Salesforce Platform a seven out of ten.

JV
Coordinator of Billing Process at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Stable with good queue management and good scalability

• "The queue management of the solution is its most valuable aspect."
  • "The initial setup is rather complex."

What is our primary use case?

As a project manager, I deal with many use cases, however, for privacy reasons, I can't really discuss them in detail.

What is most valuable?

The queue management of the solution is its most valuable aspect.

The solution is quite stable.

The product offers good scalability.

What needs improvement?

We need to do a lot of configurations on the solution in order for it to be set up as we need it. It would be ideal if it didn't require so much effort to tweak everything.

The initial setup is rather complex.

We've only very recently started using the solution. It's only been about two months or so at this point. It's quite new to us.

The solution is stable. It's reliable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is highly scalable. A company can easily scale if they need to. It effectively expands to meet your needs. We'll likely expand the usage a bit more in the future. Right now, it's still pretty new to us.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

I haven't used technical support just yet. I wouldn't be able to speak to their level of service at all.

We did use a different solution. It was quite dated, which was why we needed to switch. We also needed something that would work for a global project.

We found the implementation to be pretty complex. It's not straightforward.

We had to transition from an old CMR in the backend systems we use which made the integration really, really difficult for us.

It's my understanding that the deployment took about two months, however, I wasn't completely involved in the process from beginning to end.

I'm not sure how much maintenance is required or how many staff would be needed for that task.

We ended up using a consultant for the integration, however, we handled the deployment by ourselves. We had a good experience with the consultant. They were very good.

I'm unsure as to what the actual licensing costs are. It's not an aspect of the solution I handle.

I wasn't the project manager at the time the solution was chosen, and therefore I don't know if there were other options that were considered before ultimately choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we're using. We're using both Google and Amazon clouds, however, I'm not sure where this version actually sits and if it's on one of those.

I'm just a user. I'm not an integrator or reseller.

I'd advise those considering the solution to ensure that the integrations are strong. We probably would have had an easier time if our older solution integrated better into this one.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, we did have some challenges at the outset with the setup.

JL
Enterprise Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Responsive with good UI, but takes a while to set up

• "The product is pretty responsive."
  • "If you have resellers or distributors, you just need to figure out a way to set up the system in the backend. Since every company is different, it takes a little bit of time to figure that out."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a support console.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has definitely helped us improve our support services.

What is most valuable?

The way the solution is able to record and update within the feeds, including internal conversations, is really helpful on a case by case basis.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

I've used Salesforce for five years within different companies. It's the first CRM I used and I have kept using it. The UI or UX is probably what I'm most familiar with. I don't think there's anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. It's easy to use.

The solution is really good if you need to have direct communication with end-users like retailers and that sort of thing.

The product is pretty responsive.

What needs improvement?

At this particular organization, we only just implemented support about six months ago. There are still aspects of the solution we are exploring and we are in the process of looking at some integrations. We're just testing its capabilities, and therefore I can't say there are any features that are missing per se.

I've worked with the solution for five years across a few different companies.

We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. We haven't experienced any freezing or crashing. So far, the solution has been very stable and reliable.

We're working with a pretty basic model right now. We haven't tried to scale anything just yet, as it is still relatively new to the company. I'm not sure if we plan to increase usage in the future or not. If we do decide to scale it, we'll have to discuss how to do that with our Salesforce representative.

That said, currently, I don't see any limitations that would make me think there would be an issue with scaling if we wanted to.

I'm not sure how many of our team is actually on the solution.

I haven't had the opportunity to reach out to technical support just yet. There hasn't been a need. Therefore, I can't speak to how knowledgable or responsive they are.

We didn't previously use a different solution. This is the first implementation.

We haven't found the initial setup to be too complex. It was rather straightforward for our team.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Salesforce. We primarily use the solution for internal use. We don't deploy it to clients. I'm not sure of which version we are using. It's likely the latest one.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall. It really is a fit for all business types.

AmanSingh2
Business Line Manager at Thomson Reuters
Stable and scalable with a very good user interface

• "I'm not sure what the most valuable aspect of the solution is, but I can say that their finance and auditing systems are quite impressive. You can audit in different invoices right to procurement. It's all quite seamless."
  • "The solution offers upgrades at a slower pace. The solution needs to keep up with competitors."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customer invoicing. We also use it for telling the customers about the regional upgrades and patches that we're rolling out.

What is most valuable?

I'm not sure what the most valuable aspect of the solution is, but I can say that their finance and auditing systems are quite impressive. You can audit in different invoices right to procurement. It's all quite seamless.

The user interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

I haven't used that much of the solution, so I can't speak to what would need improvement. For me, for now, I'd say it works pretty seamlessly.

There have been some minor issues here and there, but they've gotten them under control.

I've been using the solution for nearly nine months.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't faced any issues in relation to the stability of the product.

The scalability is very nice once the solution has been implemented.

Currently, we use our own services for technical support. If a team member from our support needs to contact them, they do.

Our central ID services team handled the implementation of the solution. They'd be better able to discuss what the implementation was like. However, it's my understanding that it was pretty straightforward. I'm not sure how many people were involved in the deployment process.

In terms of maintenance, there's an ICT team that handles not just this tool but several tools for us. I'm not sure how many engineers on that team are dedicated to Salesforce.

The pricing of the solution is fine. The enterprise purchase was for our entire organization.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Salesforce.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using.

We're a sizeable company and have 3,000-4,000 people using the solution currently.

We're moving towards a different cloud due to a corporate mandate we'd like to have the opportunity to implement it there.

There's a lot of training that needs to be done to get used to the solution and to get to understand all of the features on offer. To tackle this, we have asked the task force training candidate members to get everyone trained. Getting a good handle on the solution is very important.

Before Salesforce, we used to use four to five disparate systems to manage all the customers. With Salesforce, we have been given one central source of tools. There are several departments that used to target customers separately and each of them was using their own systems for tracking. Now, with this one tool, there's only one type of invoice. It's streamlined everything in terms of billing and customer outreach.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
CM
Cybersecurity Technical Leader AWS - Google at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable with an easy initial setup and excellent scalability

• "The stability has been great."
  • "There's a learning curve. It was a bit hard to understand the logical way of working with it, just at the beginning."

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is straightforward.

The solution scales extremely well.

The stability has been great.

What needs improvement?

In Salesforce, you cannot adjust the level of information to what you want to exploit or to use yourself and not share. In a big environment, it's hard to hide information you need, so you have to get local writing for avoiding sharing information you don't want to share with other sales guys or management. It's useful for your business, for your objective, however, it's not useful if you share it on too large a scale, as name dropping is something our consultants and our other sales guys try to avoid in order to be discreet.

I've been using the solution for one year at this point.

The stability has been great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or free. We find it to be completely reliable.

The scalability has been excellent. We haven't had any issues and don't see any limitations at all. if a company needs to expand, it's not a problem to do so.

I've never had to contact technical support. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. We have our own internal team that we would turn to if we ran into any problems.

I've used Microsoft Dynamics. I come from Microsoft Dynamics and it was more integrated with our email solution. It was for the agenda, the calendar, and all the tools you use to just work on a daily basis.

The initial setup is really easy.  It's not overly complex or difficult. However, that said, figuring out how to us is a bit difficult to start with.

We have a pretty limitless license. However, I don't know the exact costs involved. I'm just a user and do not handle any of the payments or contracts between Salesforce and our company.

We are a partner from Salesforce. There is a special agreement with them.

What other advice do I have?

We are Salesforce partners.

I'm in sales. I'm working on Salesforce. My consultants work with different tools, and they are certified on it. 98% of our consultants are certified on solutions.

Overall, it's been a good solution and we've been happy with it.

For those considering using the solution, I would advise that the company or team follow the different enrollment videos to be ready to jump into the Salesforce mechanisms.

I'd recommend using the solution.

I'd rate the product at a nine out of ten. However, I find Microsoft Dynamics better.

Download our free Salesforce Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.