Kunal Verma
Practice Director at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Good UI, great dashboards, and very easy to use

• "The entire solution is very customizable and you are able to add many functionalities."
  • "There needs to be more documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily just log into the platform and approve some of the entries which are there. I know there is a marketing aspect as well, however, I don't use it that much.

What is most valuable?

The reporting of the solution is excellent.

The dashboards are excellent. They are very clear and easy to understand.

There are very good analytics capabilities.

The solution is easy to use. All of the UI is great. You can navigate it with ease.

The workflow process is fine. We haven't had any issues surrounding that aspect.

What needs improvement?

The solution should keep adding features. They've continued to develop a lot of functionality over time with their additive approach to developing the product.

There needs to be more documentation. They need to make it easier to find what you need in order to get help and solve problems.

Technical support could be more responsive.

The solution could increase the number of plug-ins on offer. They should have ready-to-go modules that can just be added at any time to increase the capabilities in a number of directions.

I've been using the solution for one and a half years at this point. It hasn't been that long.

The product is very stable. The performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

You can add small functionalities, so it's scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. You can customize it to add to it in many ways.

We have about 200 people who use it in our organization.

The technical support has been good. That said, likely the lead time to resolve issues can be a bit quicker. Definitely, they do a good job in correcting some of the problems that we face, however, the time it takes to resolve the problem can be quicker. They're okay overall.

I did not handle the implementation process. For us, the solution comes pre-installed. The IT team installs it on our computers you can probably go to a site and then log in on the cloud.  I do not have much knowledge about the setup and deployment.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users of the product.

It's my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution. I don't know the exact version number.

I'd recommend the solution. It's worked well for us overall.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Patyy Collins
Vice President of Sales at Pepperdata
Overall good functionality, scalable, and reliable

• "What functions we don't get out of Salesforce, we typically receive from third-party applications that extend the capabilities. We integrate a lot of different products with Salesforce."
  • "Salesforce Platform has a cumbersome interface when creating reports, dashboards, and those types of things. They could be a little bit more simple. The administration has to be an aficionado to do any sort of administration and maintenance, for example, setting up the way you want to modify the lead tracks or functions. These systems tend to be quite cumbersome."

What is our primary use case?

In my role at the company, I use Salesforce Platform for many purposes, such as opportunity tracking, lead management, lead tracking contacts, and forecast productivity measurement.

What is most valuable?

Salesforce Platform overall helps me to track my business better.

What functions we don't get out of Salesforce, we typically receive from third-party applications that extend the capabilities. We integrate a lot of different products with Salesforce.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce Platform has a cumbersome interface when creating reports, dashboards, and those types of things. They could be a little bit more simple. The administration has to be an aficionado to do any sort of administration and maintenance, for example, setting up the way you want to modify the lead tracks or functions. These systems tend to be quite cumbersome.

I have been using Salesforce Platform for approximately 20 years.

We have had the typical amount of bugs or glitches while using Salesforce Platform, however, none that were significant. There are always bugs and glitches in software, but not anything enormous. I think it's become much more stable over time.

The scalability of the Salesforce Platform is good. We had a small implementation, we don't really have too much data or too many people. It has been scalable for what we have used it for.

We have 20 people in my organization that use this solution.

We hire someone to maintain the solution for us and we use them for technical support. However, they might call Salesforce or tech support but I have not contacted technical support.

The setup of the Salesforce Platform is complex. You have to be very well-educated; no one can set the Salesforce Platform up on their own. They have to be a trained Salesforce developer in order to set it up and in order to maintain it. It's not something you can do overnight; there is a lot of work involved.

For the number of people that are using Salesforce Platform in my organization, I feel the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Salesforce Platform is a good solution that does its job. However, I don't know that every company needs it. A company our size could probably manage with a less capable CRM with less overhead, but it does more than what we need it to do.

I rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LE
BG lead at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Very stable, has all the features, works well, and useful for tracking activities and opportunities

• "The activities, opportunities, follow-up of the opportunities, and business tracking are valuable features. It provides everything that we need. It works pretty well."
  • "In terms of features, for our business needs, we have more than enough right now. There is nothing that we are missing or would like to add. They can maybe share some best practices so that when you are starting, you can stick to a good process, and you don't have to think so much about the process that you want or your CEO or CMO wants. The process should not be based on one person in the company. Having some best practices will make it easier to get started. These best practices can be based on what has worked for others. Its basic version is pretty simple, and the customizations are up to the companies, which can make startups like ours lose a lot of time in figuring out what all stakeholders want rather than what would work."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for follow-up of sales opportunities. We are using Enterprise Salesforce.

What is most valuable?

The activities, opportunities, follow-up of the opportunities, and business tracking are valuable features. It provides everything that we need. It works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, for our business needs, we have more than enough right now. There is nothing that we are missing or would like to add. They can maybe share some best practices so that when you are starting, you can stick to a good process, and you don't have to think so much about the process that you want or your CEO or CMO wants. The process should not be based on one person in the company. Having some best practices will make it easier to get started. These best practices can be based on what has worked for others. Its basic version is pretty simple, and the customizations are up to the companies, which can make startups like ours lose a lot of time in figuring out what all stakeholders want rather than what would work.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is very stable and works very well.

We have scaled it, and it works pretty well. It has good scalability. We have around 50 people in our organization who use this solution.

I have not used technical support. It is very stable, and most of the issues were at the user level. Therefore, I did not need any advanced technical support for this.

It is pretty easy to set it up. The first version came out in two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Before using this solution, you must make sure that your processes are very clear. You should know what do you want from the CRM and what outcome you are expecting. The CRM itself is very easy to use and deploy, but you can also make mistakes while going back and forth. If you don't have complete clarity of what you want from the business standpoint, you will lose valuable time in customizing the stuff that is not required. You will end up measuring stuff that you don't really care about. That's why you need to know your needs and the outcome that you're expecting.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a nine out of ten.

RV
Quality Assurance Lead at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to scale, easy to setup, good performance, and good technical support

• "The process and the workflows are amazing."
  • "Integration needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are predominantly a Salesforce consulting company and we do Salesforce implementation for various types of clients.

We are in the implementation business and we help our clients. Most of our services are in the nonprofit public sector and CPQ.

What is most valuable?

In terms of a CRM or a BAR, Salesforce is absolutely great from a client standpoint.

The completely out-of-the-box service is absolutely great.

The process and the workflows are amazing.

What needs improvement?

Integration with a few of the other products such as Spring Boot is a problem.

Integration needs improvement. We have found that there are some issues with integration.

DevOps is lagging in Salesforce development practice. We are looking for a better understanding of DevOps for Salesforce.

I would like to see automation DevOps in the next release.

It's a 14-year-old company and we have been using Salesforce Platform for nine months.

We are using the latest version. We have been working with both public and private clouds.

There have been some issues with the stability of the Salesforce Platform, but it's very minor compared to other applications.

The scalability of the Salesforce Platform is amazing. There are no issues with the scalability of this product.

We have 1,000 employees who use it.

As partners with Salesforce, we are dedicated and in touch with Salesforce all of the time.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is quite easy.

The price varies depending on the cloud.

We are exploring multiple different tools at this point.

Within our company, we haven't developed automation practice so far, which is the reason why I have been doing research to identify the most suitable tool exclusively for Salesforce functional automation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. This is the right time to look into Salesforce, so it's going to be huge in few years.

I am totally in love with this solution. Any issues it may have for example with integration are all minor when you compare it with the performance, scalability, and ease of use. I would definitely rate it a ten out of ten.

GG
SVP, Senior Director, Platforms and Delivery at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Great dashboards, highly scalable, and overall stable

• "We used it for providing a 360 view of the customers from within Salesforce. So, a lot of data got presented there, for which we used Einstein Analytics. The Einstein Analytics dashboards were really great."
  • "It is quite expensive. It has gotten to that point where it is a lot more pricey. It has kind of got its own proprietary language for development. It is probably never going to change, but if it had a more market language for development, it would be easier to find developers. They come at a premium cost, so it is expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We used it for sales and mobile access. We had to create mobile access for sales agents. We also used it for customer service and for onboarding in the treasury space with the nCino product.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

We used it for providing a 360 view of the customers from within Salesforce. So, a lot of data got presented there, for which we used Einstein Analytics. The Einstein Analytics dashboards were really great.

What needs improvement?

It is quite expensive. It has gotten to that point where it is a lot more pricey. It has kind of got its own proprietary language for development. It is probably never going to change, but if it had a more market language for development, it would be easier to find developers. They come at a premium cost, so it is expensive.

I have been using this solution for more than four years.

Overall, it is stable. We generally tend to wait until somebody else has upgraded.

It is highly scalable. In my previous organization, we probably had 2,000 or 3,000 users.

They have a model where there are a lot of user groups before you get into really calling them. We go through the sales channel and get assistance through that. We didn't really use the tech support itself that much. We kind of leveraged sales engineers to help us with things that we had questions about.

Based on my knowledge, we were not using any other solution. I have used it here for four years, but they have had it for eight years.

It really depends on what you're doing.

It is quite expensive. Its developers come at a premium cost, which makes it expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go with the base functionality first and then develop specific use cases for your expansion and customization. Try to leverage, as much as possible, the core capabilities without customization. Rely on configuration because customization is really expensive. The developers are expensive.

I would rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
RN
Managing Partner at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
A stable and scalable enterprise platform-as-a-service solution with useful reports and dashboards

• "I like the reports and the dashboards. Since I'm a managing partner, I use the reports and dashboards to understand my team's contact management, opportunity management, and account management activities. We use Pardot for marketing campaigns."
  • "Reporting could be better. Reporting is Excel-based, and it has sucked since the inception of the company. That's why I was excited about the fact of them bringing MuleSoft into the fold and Tableau."

What is our primary use case?

We use Salesforce Platform for marketing, opportunity tracking, and account management within the sales element.

How has it helped my organization?

Coming into the early 21st century, actually automating a number of processes and work activities were done with legacy tools like Excel, Word, and so on. It's really just bringing everything into a modern integrated platform.

What is most valuable?

I like the reports and the dashboards. Since I'm a managing partner, I use the reports and dashboards to understand my team's contact management, opportunity management, and account management activities. We use Pardot for marketing campaigns.

What needs improvement?

Reporting could be better. Reporting is Excel-based, and it has sucked since the inception of the company. That's why I was excited about the fact of them bringing MuleSoft into the fold and Tableau.

I have been using Salesforce Platform since the late 90s.

The Salesforce Platform is very stable.

The Salesforce Platform is scalable. In consulting work, about four years ago, I did some work for GE. GE then consolidated 80 different Salesforce instances into either two or three instances. That's a company of 300,000 people globally at that point. Today, my business has a hundred partners, of which probably 60 or 70 partners use Salesforce.

My admin has used Salesforce technical support, and to my knowledge, everything has been very positive and very successful.

Over the years, we've created our own custom objects in fields. We try to keep the applications as standard or vanilla as possible, but we've tailored them to our business model and processes. The product is used moderately, and we have one Salesforce administrator to manage it.

What other advice do I have?

I've been against Salesforce for many years, and even today, with Lightning, they haven't migrated everything that the platform did within Classic to Lightning. It's just continuing to improve the user interface and the integration capabilities with other non-Salesforce applications.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Salesforce Platform an eight.

Other
TA
Solution Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to scale, good reporting, but they need more data quality

• "The reporting capabilities are pretty user-friendly."
  • "They should provide access to data quality tips and tricks to make it better."

What is our primary use case?

I sell competitive solutions, and I am an end-user of the Salesforce Platform, which is our CRM. We use this solution to keep track of customers, prospects, and associated contacts.

What is most valuable?

The reporting capabilities are pretty user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

They should provide access to data quality tips and tricks to make it better.

I've been at my current job for five years, and I've been using it for that time. I have also used salesforce at other companies as well.

We are using the latest version, it's called Lightening.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with the stability of the Salesforce Platform.

It is easy to scale. It is, of course, the original software as a service.

We have 300 users in our organization who are using this solution, who are mainly Sales and Sales Management.

I haven't used technical support. We have our own first-line support for our company. I've never had to actually reach out to Salesforce themselves.

Previously, I hadn't used any other solution. I have used Salesforce at this job and at my previous two jobs.

I was not a part of the initial setup, it was already in place and done for me.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good.

It's only as good as the company that you are working for, who sets it up, and that monitors it and dates it. This is one of the biggest challenges with customer relationships.

Management Software such as the Salesforce Platform ensures data quality.

The tool can be great, but if you don't enter enough accurate data and keep it up to date then the CRM tool functionality cannot be leveraged.

I would advise having a data quality manager for this solution. If you're going to be using it to manage sales over time and for marketing efforts, if you don't have up-to-date complete information in there, then you don't get the value out of the solution.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a seven out of ten.

Manuraj Kapoor
Manager - Key Accounts at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Modular, stable, scalable, and usable on various devices

• "It is very modular in approach. It is very light, and it can be used on various devices. It could be used on an Android phone or a laptop, which makes it good for the sales team on the road."
  • "It could have a lot more customization options in terms of fonts and reports. There should be an even lighter version with just two or three fields. It could be a bit more light if the field guys want to use it on a mobile phone on the road. For deploying it for CRM, maybe we can have our customer database, project funnels, and projects to help us in managing our supply chain business."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage the customer base, sales funnel, and sales team. We also intend to use it for CRM.

What is most valuable?

It is very modular in approach. It is very light, and it can be used on various devices. It could be used on an Android phone or a laptop, which makes it good for the sales team on the road.

What needs improvement?

It could have a lot more customization options in terms of fonts and reports.

There should be an even lighter version with just two or three fields. It could be a bit more light if the field guys want to use it on a mobile phone on the road.

For deploying it for CRM, maybe we can have our customer database, project funnels, and projects to help us in managing our supply chain business.

I have been using this solution for almost ten or eleven years. In my current organization, we have been using it for the last two years. I have also used it in my previous company.

It has been quite stable. We didn't have any challenges.

In terms of scalability, it has been good so far. I have seen it working fine for a team of 10 people as well as for a team of 1,000 people. There are probably more than 1,000 users in our organization globally.

In this organization, it is primarily for managing the sales team and sales funnel, but we also intend to use it for CRM around three years down the line.

I am a sales guy, and from my point of view, I never had any problem.

It is straightforward.

I have heard that it is fairly priced. It offers ROI.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good platform. To deploy it in your organization, users should identify their problems and needs. They should align it with their needs in terms of customization.

I would rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Salesforce Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.