RN
Managing Partner at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
A stable and scalable enterprise platform-as-a-service solution with useful reports and dashboards

• "I like the reports and the dashboards. Since I'm a managing partner, I use the reports and dashboards to understand my team's contact management, opportunity management, and account management activities. We use Pardot for marketing campaigns."
  • "Reporting could be better. Reporting is Excel-based, and it has sucked since the inception of the company. That's why I was excited about the fact of them bringing MuleSoft into the fold and Tableau."

What is our primary use case?

We use Salesforce Platform for marketing, opportunity tracking, and account management within the sales element.

How has it helped my organization?

Coming into the early 21st century, actually automating a number of processes and work activities were done with legacy tools like Excel, Word, and so on. It's really just bringing everything into a modern integrated platform.

What is most valuable?

I like the reports and the dashboards. Since I'm a managing partner, I use the reports and dashboards to understand my team's contact management, opportunity management, and account management activities. We use Pardot for marketing campaigns.

What needs improvement?

Reporting could be better. Reporting is Excel-based, and it has sucked since the inception of the company. That's why I was excited about the fact of them bringing MuleSoft into the fold and Tableau.

I have been using Salesforce Platform since the late 90s.

The Salesforce Platform is very stable.

The Salesforce Platform is scalable. In consulting work, about four years ago, I did some work for GE. GE then consolidated 80 different Salesforce instances into either two or three instances. That's a company of 300,000 people globally at that point. Today, my business has a hundred partners, of which probably 60 or 70 partners use Salesforce.

My admin has used Salesforce technical support, and to my knowledge, everything has been very positive and very successful.

Over the years, we've created our own custom objects in fields. We try to keep the applications as standard or vanilla as possible, but we've tailored them to our business model and processes. The product is used moderately, and we have one Salesforce administrator to manage it.

What other advice do I have?

I've been against Salesforce for many years, and even today, with Lightning, they haven't migrated everything that the platform did within Classic to Lightning. It's just continuing to improve the user interface and the integration capabilities with other non-Salesforce applications.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Salesforce Platform an eight.

Other
TA
Solution Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to scale, good reporting, but they need more data quality

• "The reporting capabilities are pretty user-friendly."
  • "They should provide access to data quality tips and tricks to make it better."

What is our primary use case?

I sell competitive solutions, and I am an end-user of the Salesforce Platform, which is our CRM. We use this solution to keep track of customers, prospects, and associated contacts.

What is most valuable?

The reporting capabilities are pretty user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

They should provide access to data quality tips and tricks to make it better.

I've been at my current job for five years, and I've been using it for that time. I have also used salesforce at other companies as well.

We are using the latest version, it's called Lightening.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with the stability of the Salesforce Platform.

It is easy to scale. It is, of course, the original software as a service.

We have 300 users in our organization who are using this solution, who are mainly Sales and Sales Management.

I haven't used technical support. We have our own first-line support for our company. I've never had to actually reach out to Salesforce themselves.

Previously, I hadn't used any other solution. I have used Salesforce at this job and at my previous two jobs.

I was not a part of the initial setup, it was already in place and done for me.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good.

It's only as good as the company that you are working for, who sets it up, and that monitors it and dates it. This is one of the biggest challenges with customer relationships.

Management Software such as the Salesforce Platform ensures data quality.

The tool can be great, but if you don't enter enough accurate data and keep it up to date then the CRM tool functionality cannot be leveraged.

I would advise having a data quality manager for this solution. If you're going to be using it to manage sales over time and for marketing efforts, if you don't have up-to-date complete information in there, then you don't get the value out of the solution.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manuraj Kapoor
Manager - Key Accounts at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Modular, stable, scalable, and usable on various devices

• "It is very modular in approach. It is very light, and it can be used on various devices. It could be used on an Android phone or a laptop, which makes it good for the sales team on the road."
  • "It could have a lot more customization options in terms of fonts and reports. There should be an even lighter version with just two or three fields. It could be a bit more light if the field guys want to use it on a mobile phone on the road. For deploying it for CRM, maybe we can have our customer database, project funnels, and projects to help us in managing our supply chain business."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage the customer base, sales funnel, and sales team. We also intend to use it for CRM.

What is most valuable?

It is very modular in approach. It is very light, and it can be used on various devices. It could be used on an Android phone or a laptop, which makes it good for the sales team on the road.

What needs improvement?

It could have a lot more customization options in terms of fonts and reports.

There should be an even lighter version with just two or three fields. It could be a bit more light if the field guys want to use it on a mobile phone on the road.

For deploying it for CRM, maybe we can have our customer database, project funnels, and projects to help us in managing our supply chain business.

I have been using this solution for almost ten or eleven years. In my current organization, we have been using it for the last two years. I have also used it in my previous company.

It has been quite stable. We didn't have any challenges.

In terms of scalability, it has been good so far. I have seen it working fine for a team of 10 people as well as for a team of 1,000 people. There are probably more than 1,000 users in our organization globally.

In this organization, it is primarily for managing the sales team and sales funnel, but we also intend to use it for CRM around three years down the line.

I am a sales guy, and from my point of view, I never had any problem.

It is straightforward.

I have heard that it is fairly priced. It offers ROI.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good platform. To deploy it in your organization, users should identify their problems and needs. They should align it with their needs in terms of customization.

I would rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
DB
Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Works very well and is useful for keeping track of appointments and sales opportunities

• "It works beautifully. I haven't had any errors."
  • "When it switched to lightning, it threw me for a loop. When they changed the look and feel, I had a hard time finding things and doing what I used to do."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for keeping track of my appointments in their calendar, and I use it to view opportunities for sales that my sales force puts in there for us. I am using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

I have used only two features. I use the calendar to keep track of my appointments, and I also use it to view the opportunities. You can put your clients' names in there along with their contacts and the opportunity for sales with them.

It works beautifully. I haven't had any errors.

What needs improvement?

When it switched to lightning, it threw me for a loop. When they changed the look and feel, I had a hard time finding things and doing what I used to do.

I have been using this solution for three years.

I didn't have any issues. Everything has been good.

I haven't tried to scale it. We have about a hundred users.

I have not used their tech support.

We did use something, but I don't remember what it was.

I didn't install it or configure it. Our company did that. I just used it.

I didn't buy it. I just use it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise making sure that you have a plan for how you're going to configure it so that you do things right the first time. We've changed the way we use it several times. We have improved our workflow in there over time. This was just because of the way we were first using it or the way we had configured it. There is nothing wrong with the product.

I would rate it an eight out of 10. As soon as I get used to the changed look and feel, it'll probably go back up to 10.

ST
Customer Service Representative at Global Services
A great platform but crashes and loses notes occasionally

• "It is a great platform. It's definitely an improvement from the GCP application that we were using previously."
  • "When we're documenting information such as notes, and so forth, if we were to go back to the same case all notes go missing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the CRM.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The issue that my company has is, say, for instance, a user is dealing with more than one member in the system and they're looking up over five members. Once they hit the fifth member, it goes down. It crashes. This only happens when one of our customer service agents pulls up multiple members at once.

When we're documenting information such as notes, and so forth, if we were to go back to the same case all notes go missing. It's not great for documentation purposes as the CRM is losing our notes. This can be a big issue for the company especially if the provider has called and said they want to check on a specific case where the notes were lost. I need to review what's sent over. We've had customer service go back to a case number to seek those notes out, however, the CRM really should be able to just keep them in their system properly.

We have been using the solution since 2018. It's been a few years at this point.

The stability isn't the best, especially if you are looking at multiple member profiles at the same time. If you open more than five, it crashes the system.

We used to use a GCP application and we switched to this product in 2018. We find it to be a much better CRM overall.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a five out of ten. If it didn't crash or lose notes, I would rate it higher. However, it is a pretty good CRM.

LV
Client Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Powerful platform with massive scalability potential

• "It has definitely improved how we function."
  • "Salesforce is a pretty cumbersome product. It's a product that you need to spend quite a bit of time customizing to your unique business model. Unless you have somebody in house that knows it really well, you're better off spending money with a consultant to get what you need."

What is our primary use case?

We have five sales people, we are primarily using Salesforce to manage opportunities.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely improved how we function.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce is a pretty cumbersome product. It's a product that you need to spend quite a bit of time customizing to your unique business model. Unless you have somebody in house that knows it really well, you're better off spending money with a consultant to get what you need. It's a very powerful platform. You can do a lot with it, but you need to spend the time with it.

That's not necessarily a negative. It's just a large, monolithic application that you need to spend time customizing. You could be in the middle of updating something and think, "Wow, it'd be really nice if I had this widget or if I had this drop down." Because none of us are experts on it, somebody may go off and spends exorbitant time to find out how to implement this feature or make that customization.

I have been using the Salesforce platform for six months.

Salesforce is a stable solution. We have not had any issues with it.

Salesforce has massive scalability potential.

We have never had to use the Salesforce tech support.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give regarding Salesforce is plan to spend customization money on it. You have to really customize it to make it work for your business.

AG
CEO Unicloud - OKTA Israel at Unicloud
A great platform that is stable, simple to set up, and has good sales and marketing tools

• "The standard sales and marketing tools that Salesforce provides on the platform are the most valuable."
  • "It would be better if they can add more from the pricing and functionality perspective. It is very expensive. I would be more than happy if they drop the prices. From the licensing perspective, if they can add more functionality, I would be more than happy."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it as a standard CRM solution for sales and marketing. We are using the lightning version.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they can add more from the pricing and functionality perspective. It is very expensive. I would be more than happy if they drop the prices. From the licensing perspective, if they can add more functionality, I would be more than happy.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

We're basically a small company. We didn't have any requirements for growth. We have around ten people who are using this solution.

We have not contacted them.

It is straightforward, but it is an ongoing implementation. It changes depending on our usage and use cases. It also changes depending on the changes in the market, customers, and so on.

It is expensive. Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I am using it, and I am happy with it. I don't see any major issues. It is a great platform.

I would rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Other
Lucas Freitas
Commercial Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use with strong reporting features

What is our primary use case?

We're using Salesforce to manage sales opportunities and relationships with our final customers. Salesforce can also be used to create a plan of activities for each deal. Salesforce can conduct some sales, budget, and revenue forecasts, and we use that information to predict our budget for the next periods.

What is most valuable?

Salesforce's strongest feature is reporting especially. It's also a lot more usable than other platforms I've worked with. It has a great user experience, with the ability to filter and access information in real-time.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce's mobile app could be better. Also, it could integrate more seamlessly with Gmail.

We've been using Salesforce for three or four…

What needs improvement?

We've been using Salesforce for three or four years now.

Salesforce is pretty stable.

Salesforce is pretty scalable. We don't have many users in Brazil, but we haven't seen any problem with performance so far.

Technical support isn't something that you really need for day-to-day activities. We usually don't need that.

I have an internal team that works with Salesforce to set it up for our customers. And they have set up the solution for us as well. So I don't know how hard it was to set up. For us end-users, it was pretty easy, but I don't know for them.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Salesforce nine out of 10.

Private Cloud
Download our free Salesforce Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.