Salesforce Platform Overview

Salesforce Platform is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Development Platforms. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure: Salesforce Platform vs Microsoft Azure

What is Salesforce Platform?
The Salesforce1 Platform brings together Force.com, Heroku, and ExactTarget into one family of cloud services all built API first to help deliver apps that connect products, users, and next generation experiences. Designed for scale and speed, it provides a fast way to build apps with open APIs, back-end services, integration tools, starter templates as well as powerful developer environments; there's no limit to what you can build.

Salesforce Platform is also known as Salesforce1, Force.com, Salesforce App Cloud.

Salesforce Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the Salesforce Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Salesforce Platform Customers
ADP
Salesforce Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Platform pricing:
  • "It is an expensive program."

Salesforce Platform Reviews

Natalie Wesnke
Customer Success Director at CloudChomp
Dec 3, 2020
Easy to use, good integration with different applications, and customizable to our business needs

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is as a CRM. The goal is to create an easy and organized way of collecting and reporting on data. There are many pros and cons but overall, this is the best CRM that I have used. I have utilized at least five different CRMs over the last five years and although HubSpot was the easiest to use, it was not as robust as Salesforce. Salesforce inches above the rest as my favorite. I feel like some things are complicated just to be complicated and that takes away from the overall productivity it is creating for my team.

• "Better flexibility in editing emails created from templates would be great, and being able to add hyperlinks in emails for scheduling meetings would allow us to automate more."
    AnilKumar4
    Senior Developer at jarvis
    Mar 12, 2020
    Offers good integration and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the mobile application, the Lightning application. We use it with consulting and integrating the different products like vCloud or integration with Google. There are some that we do production also. Everything is on mobile now. So we use mobile apps and then we develop those applications. It's a Cloud browser and device support that we are doing the programming. So basically now we are developing that in the Lightning Application, where we can. That is based on the event architecture and by the company's controller, we write those according to that. We develop the programming that will… more »

• "Features they are integrating to the other services."
    • "They need an easy way of getting details and then adding to it and then being able to do it in a more simplified way"

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the Salesforce Cloud App at an eight out of ten.
    Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
    456,249 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    reviewer1483014
    Coordinator of Billing Process at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
    Jan 7, 2021
    Stable with good queue management and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

As a project manager, I deal with many use cases, however, for privacy reasons, I can't really discuss them in detail.

• "The queue management of the solution is its most valuable aspect."
    • "The initial setup is rather complex."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we're using. We're using both Google and Amazon clouds, however, I'm not sure where this version actually sits and if it's on one of those. I'm just a user. I'm not an integrator or reseller. I'd advise those considering the solution to ensure that the integrations are strong. We probably would have had an easier time if our older solution integrated better into this one. Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, we did have some challenges at the outset with the setup.
    reviewer1313040
    Enterprise Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
    Dec 11, 2020
    Responsive with good UI, but takes a while to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a support console.

• "The product is pretty responsive."
    • "If you have resellers or distributors, you just need to figure out a way to set up the system in the backend. Since every company is different, it takes a little bit of time to figure that out."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Salesforce. We primarily use the solution for internal use. We don't deploy it to clients. I'm not sure of which version we are using. It's likely the latest one. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall. It really is a fit for all business types.
    AmanSingh2
    Business Line Manager at Thomson Reuters
    Jan 29, 2020
    Stable and scalable with a very good user interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customer invoicing. We also use it for telling the customers about the regional upgrades and patches that we're rolling out.

• "I'm not sure what the most valuable aspect of the solution is, but I can say that their finance and auditing systems are quite impressive. You can audit in different invoices right to procurement. It's all quite seamless."
    • "The solution offers upgrades at a slower pace. The solution needs to keep up with competitors."

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Salesforce. I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using. We're a sizeable company and have 3,000-4,000 people using the solution currently. We're moving towards a different cloud due to a corporate mandate we'd like to have the opportunity to implement it there. There's a lot of training that needs to be done to get used to the solution and to get to understand all of the features on offer. To tackle this, we have asked the task force training candidate members to get everyone trained. Getting a good handle on the solution is very important. Before…
    reviewer1133562
    Chief Technical Lead at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
    Jul 5, 2019
    A reliable solution that helps us focus on business rather than technology

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the support of business sales and service processes.

• "The most valuable features are quick customization, solid deployment processes, and excellent reliability."
    • "The cost of data storage is an issue once the company grows."
    Franz Malten Buemann
    Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Nov 30, 2019
    The technical support is effective and fast and the program is very stable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Salesforce App Cloud is to make assertions that I personalize, based on the information that the companies have in their systems.

• "We haven't had any issues with stability so far."
    • "I would like to have integration with Google."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and I will recommend that they use all the other SalesForce products. If their primary business use case is covered by Salesforce App Cloud, they should start there. If they have other business cases, they should definitely use other Salesforce products to see if that is covered. Additional features that I would like to see included in the next release is more integration with Google. On a scale of one to ten, I will rate this solution a nine.
    reviewer1375074
    Chief Commercial Officer at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
    Jul 5, 2020
    Easy to use but the marketing automation needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for sales.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is ease of use. The interface makes it an easy solution to use.

What needs improvement?

The marketing automation needs improvement, as it should be easier to use.

I have been using Salesforce for four years.

Salesforce App Cloud is stable and I have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable solution.

I have not used technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Which deployment model are