Salesforce Service Cloud Overview

What is Salesforce Service Cloud?

Service Cloud is fully customizable support and help desk that provide faster, smarter service that will increase loyalty, retention, and satisfaction. From call-center software to self-service portals, our service solutions enhance your customer service with more responsive, more intuitive, more flexible support that anticipates customer needs.

Salesforce Service Cloud is also known as Service Cloud.

Salesforce Service Cloud Customers

Stanley Black & Decker, Coca-Cola, Activision, Wells Fargo, Spotify, Aldo, Philips, The Red Cross, Blue Shield of California, Sprouts Farmers Market, Direct Energy Solar, Inspirato, Kiva

Salesforce Service Cloud Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JL
Senior Vice President with 51-200 employees
Has the ability to quickly add customizable fields that are easily incorporated into the existing framework

What is our primary use case?

I have used it several times for past employers and clients. The most recent was a medical device firm that needed to document issues reported by customers regarding the use of their products.

What other advice do I have?

When looking at SDFC, take a look at the whole ecosystem.
Artist and Owner at a tech consulting company
The most valuable features for us are contact tracking, the knowledge base, and the analytics.

What other advice do I have?

Appoint a business process owner who will “own” the implementation. This person needs to be totally invested in the success of the application, not only in their own department, but across all departments that will be using, or be affected by, the system. This includes IT and finance. Involve the users of the system in the initial design. They are the ones that will have to use the tool, and they know best what is easy and what is hard to do. When you incorporate their design suggestions, give them public credit, “Ed, this is the feature you suggested”. That gives them pride of ownership and…
Salesforce Service Cloud Admin at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has the ability to customize which is valuable.

What is most valuable?

UI Easy to build Standard features Ability to customize

How has it helped my organization?

Collaboration using Chatter Reporting using Wave Analytics Call center Case Feed Console

What needs improvement?

Avoid customizations as much as possible.

I've used it for over four years.

No, it's very easy especially if Standard functionality is used.

They're very good.

Initial set up was done using Standard features and hence it was very simple.

We did it in-house.
IS Manager at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
There are several good features, but the most valuable to us are the integrated email, entitlements, and the overall powerfulness of the platform.

What other advice do I have?

You should use a vendor for best practices and to stay in the spirit of Salesforce, as opposed to distorting the product.
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The workforce management could use improvement as my client wasn't happy with the scheduling engine. The OOTB skills functionality is the most valuable feature for us.

What other advice do I have?

The issues, as with every implementation, is the change in the nature of the beast. We have clients that have been on a legacy system for 10-15 years and they are not ready for change. They also think their system is the most efficient "machine" on the market. So the change in culture has to be the most substantial bottleneck. Then you are in the growing pains stage, where your client absorbs this system, but they decide to take automation to a whole new level, like automatically fax from a computer with WiFi. The asks are endless, which is understandable because at this point, they appreciate…
Business Process Consultant at a renewables & environment company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can give a specific weight on records like cases or leads and ensure that every end-user receives an even amount of work to digest per day.

What other advice do I have?

We are still in the beginning of using some of the features provided through the Salesforce Service Cloud. But from what I can see and the ease and speed with which we have implemented the features that we are using at this time, I guess it loses a point because the demos we see on world tours have a lot of customization in them and are not at all out-of-the-box. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a really nice product with lots of out-of-the-box functionality, but to create a console like you see in demos you have to customize lots of stuff too. Before you begin to sit down with your users to see how…
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reports and Dashboards allow management to follow support KPIs, such as number of cases closed vs. received, age of open cases, count of cases assigned to each rep, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I love this product. I believe it is the best in the industry and is only getting better. Use an implementation partner for initial setup and get the foundation right before trying to venture out on your own. Assign an individual(s) as the system admins and use the implementation as a training ground for them. Make sure they understand the configuration put in place by the vendor so that they can maintain going forward and possibly manage tweaks on their own. Technical aptitude is a must when choosing those admins.
Salesforce.com Developer/Administrator at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
I am able to extend the Java-based implementation of complex business logic with their JSP-based visual-force language.

What other advice do I have?

Hire experts. Look for an advanced certification if you can find one, if not make sure that they are experienced. Throw fundamental problems at them during the interview to see if they are able to respond appropriately. Salesforce is an IT platform, thus the experts should have a fundamental understanding of database and code structures. Remember that a part of a good implementation will involve process transformation. Do not look at the platform to as a new way to do old things. Take this as an opportunity to evaluate what you are doing well and not well, then use technology to improve those…
Director - Global Client Services & Platform Education at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable features for us are Cases, Community, and Chatter.

What other advice do I have?

Preparation and training is 90% of the work. Get to know the product before deploying widely. Have your admins get into Trailhead and invest in the training offered by Salesforce.
Consultant at a consultancy with self employed
The two most valuable features for us are the customizable consoles and the ability to use custom objects.

What other advice do I have?

Always consult with a partner company around your area. Partners can provide different licensing constructions.
Program Manager | Technology Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Case teams, case queues, and approval processes are useful for various use cases.
Ambassador at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives us a single view of our customers so both sales support and accounts can see what is happening with the customer.

What other advice do I have?

Use the templates for community and use Community Cloud with Service Cloud as they work very well hand-in-hand. Use Case Deflection and the knowledge base articles.
IT Director at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Individual service coordinators no longer have to track cases in Excel and have the ability to share workload or centralized services.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to ensure that the business process owners fully understand and support the solution. Don’t let them skip design meetings, or they will question every decision that was made later in the process, causing rework of the configurations.
Implementation Team Lead at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We can create Dashboards showing which clients are receiving a high level amount of cases. It would be beneficial to organize the macros into folders.

What other advice do I have?

Use standard fields/options when possible and keep it simple! Don’t overcomplicate things and make sure to ask support reps what their problem points are and what they need to be successful.
Salesforce Consultant/Developer at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
The whole CRM suite is valuable, and it's a platform upon which to rapidly build applications.

What other advice do I have?

Try it and you will be awestruck.
Salesforce Technical Specialist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
​Logging activities and creating opportunities are easier than before.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use Enterprise Edition or above and use a complex architecture, look for an experienced consultancy/in-house consultant to set up your organization initially.
Technical Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
We are are able to customize it in a way we like, although the library could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Salesforce only if you're a large business. For mid-level businesses it is quite hard.
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
When I was a sales administrator for about 70 users, we went from needing two full-time administrators to just one part-time administrator. The initial setup was moderately complex, though.
Founder at Learn SFDC
The cloud infrastructure helps to speed up implementation time, though there are elements which cannot be smoothly migrated from sandbox environments to production.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone can sign up for a free “developer org” to play around with the product. Get hands on with it and get comfortable before making a purchasing decision. The Salesforce Trailhead program provides free online tutorials to learn about all the features of Service Cloud. Also, consider attending the annual Dreamforce conference to learn how other companies are using Service Cloud and to get advice from them.
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's increased our contact centre agent efficiency, but there is no control over the appearance of Visual Flow pages.

What other advice do I have?

Use a Salesforce partner and make sure their consultants are certified. Talk to three different firms, and don’t let price be the only driving factor. Rather, look at the firm that seems to best understand your requirements, has good answers on why particular parts of the implementation will cost what they’re proposing, and has a solid methodology that they can easily explain to you. Simply choosing the least expensive option often costs more in the end with either delays, change requests or worst case, failure.
VP - Sales & Business Development at a music company with 51-200 employees
The Knowledge Base and Customer Community have improved our customer service and call-deflection rate​.

What other advice do I have?

You should start with organization-wide default settings, then user set-up, then accounts, contacts and the cases and case-related items should be last.
Salesforce Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The Live Agent capability connects us to our customers or website visitors through web-chat, and the KB articles provide us with support without raising a case.
Every aspect of the product has great security boundaries. As per my view, this is the greatest way to maintain a application. Case Management Providing support for our issues by raising a case Case handling process by their support team is very nice of course, sometimes there is a delay We have worked on it in two of our projects Integration with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter Nowadays, social networking is more popular, so, it is a nice feature to be able to respond to our customers through Facebook and/or Twitter Service contracts and Entitlement Management Agreements between customers and organization. This is one of the best features provided by Salesforce. We can track agreement…
Sr. CRM Systems Analyst at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It allows for collaboration as it tracks and shares everyone's input. But while initial set up can be a non-event, most businesses would need complex customizations.

What is most valuable?

For us, the Force.com platform is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a great tool for collaboration because it can track and share everyone's input. You can also configure workflow rules to enforce process.

I've used it for over five years.

No issues encountered.

It depends on your contract with Salesforce. There is a lot of information from the user and developer community that does not require a support…
IPO Business Partner for Marketing at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Features such as pipeline management and custom objects has improved our productivity, but I'd like to see a more powerful campaign function with BI integration.

What other advice do I have?

It is a quite a good product. If you are going to replace your existing on-premise CRM with a new cloud solution, don't hesitate to call them. But it has limitations as well. Work with a consulting partner, they will help you to boost your productivity.
Systems Engineer Cloud at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It gives a 360 degree view without any gaps, allowing us to serve our customers and increase their satisfaction.

What is most valuable?

Sales Automation Service Console

How has it helped my organization?

It gives a 360 degree view without any gaps, while serving the customers, which in turn, increases customer satisification.

What needs improvement?

Already, Salesforce is on the correct path by moving things towards Android, and iPhones. It also needs a faster and smoother UI.

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: 10/10 Technical Support: 10/10 …
Head of Business Development - Automated Marketing Systems at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It allows management to make accurate forecasts of sales by the end of the month, quarter, and year.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product, highly customizable and flexible. My advice is do it, but make sure there is someone either from Salesforce or one of your own IT guys, who can customize the system for you.