Sangfor NGAF OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sangfor NGAF is the #21 ranked solution in our list of best firewalls. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Sangfor NGAF vs Fortinet FortiGate

What is Sangfor NGAF?

Sangfor Next Generation Firewall (also known as NGAF) is a converged security solution providing protection against advanced threat, malware, viruses, ransomware and web-based attacks using integrated security features like firewall, IPS, anti-virus, anti-malware, APT, URL filtering, Cloud Sandbox, and WAF. As the world's first AI-enabled and fully integrated Next Generation Firewall & Web Application Firewall (WAF), NGAF offering the security visibility, real-time detection and response, simplified operation and maintenance and high-performance application layer security needed to operate an enterprise network in total security. Tested and proven to provide cutting-edge network security by ICSA Labs and endorsed by Gartner Inc., NGAF harnesses the power of Sangfor’s Neural-X threat intelligence and analytics platform and Engine Zero’s innovative malware detection to provide next-generation protection for today’s enterprise.

Sangfor NGAF is also known as Sangfor NGAF Firewall Platform.

Download the Firewalls Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Sangfor NGAF Customers

The Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (Indonesia), Lawson, Inc. (Philippines), Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (Indonesia), TEK Automotive (Italy), etc.

Sangfor NGAF Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sangfor NGAF pricing:
  • "It costs about 8 to 10 thousand dollars per year for 500 users, standard licensing fees included."
  • "The price is unmatcheable."
  • "Sangfor is cheaper than competing vendors."
  • "When it comes to the price of firewall solutions, Sangfor NGAF takes the cake."

NadeemKhan
Group IT Director at United Medical
We don't lose data anymore because it protects us from viruses

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution as a firewall. A few years ago we had some data loss due to a virus, so this solution protects us from viruses, controls the track rate and detects these kinds of malware. We are very satisfied with the solution.

• "It seems to be a durable, stable product."
  • "They need to improve their research team and they need to study their data to analyze it and build the product."

What other advice do I have?

Sangfor NGAF is a good product. People should try it, especially those who are not using the software. These firewalls are great and everything is becoming properly defined, even the network, the computer, the firewalls, storage, and everything is just waiting to be properly defined. It's a unique combination and people should try it. In the future, I would like to see it being controlled by an automatic, virtual orchestrator to control the firewall and all the data. One a scale of one to ten, I rate this solution a nine.
Babar_Ahmed
Head Of Solutions at Mutex Systems
Great pricing, reliable stability, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We primarily provide this solution to our clients. We are providing services at financial institutions. We provide features based on customer requirements.

• "We've found the technical support to be helpful."
  • "They need to increase the number of ports in the firewall."

What other advice do I have?

We are Sangfor Gold partners. I'd recommend this solution for the SMB market, as it is cost-effective and reliable. If a company is enterprise-sized, something like Sophos may be more suitable. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Fortinet, Sophos and others in Firewalls. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
TM
Director Technology & Service Delivery at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Simple with easy to master user interface, great support and good value

What is our primary use case?

We are based in Pakistan and when it comes to firewalls we have partnerships with several companies - Sangfor, Sophos and Fortinet. I'm the director of technology and service.

• "It's a very simple to use product."
  • "Occasional issues with breaches which are dealt with expediently."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to note that the performance of the solution depends on the initial pre-working and sizing. The sizing is handled by the company and they know their product, so they normally size it very well. They also put in provision for future growth so there's never an issue of performance. There's no such thing as 100% so I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
Muhammad  USman
Senior Presales Consultant at Megaplus
Great bandwidth management and vulnerability assessment

What is our primary use case?

I believe I am using the recently updated firmware of version 4.0.

• "In four steps one can configure the entire firewall."
  • "I believe that IAM and NGFW need to merge into a single box, instead of there being two separate box solutions."

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and use Sangfor NGAF 5600 in my premises. There are more than 2,000 users making use of the solution in my company. The solution is quite safe and good. Furthermore, it is very good for different environments. I rate Sangfor NGAF as a nine-point-five out of ten.
M.IMRAN-1500894
Deputy Manager IT at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Priced well with good end-user security features, but the web interface should be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product as an intrusion prevention system.

• "Sangfor has the best capabilities for securing connections, securing web browsers, securing servers, and general threat protection."
  • "The web interface needs to be improved, making it more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you have a large enough budget then implement Palo Alto. Alternatively, with a lesser budget, I recommend using Sangfor. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
CM
Product Manger
Reseller
A most cost-effective solution

What is our primary use case?

Our customers purchase Sangfor NGAF primarily out of budgetary considerations. Sangfor enables high power internet access. Indonesia has a big market, not only as concerns the firewall.

• "While the features are not dissimilar to other brands, configuration is much more simple, which works out great for Indonesian people."
  • "The solution has too many bugs and these slow down the implementation."

What other advice do I have?

I would no longer offer Sangfor, as I have ceased to be its distributor. I am now a distributor for Check Point. I rate Sangfor NGAF as an eight out of ten, owing to its bugs.
JM
Network and Security System at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
Has good performance but it needs better integration

What is our primary use case?

The firewall is connected to the directory. It offers domain authentication if you want to connect to the internet. It helps our users' website connect to our internet service.

What is most valuable?

In terms of the most valuable features, the IPS report is quick and updated. Performance is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it should have integrated consoles. Since we have various products and we need one console that we can use to manage all of the solutions. Sangfor should provide it.  It could also be cheaper.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's easy to use. The user interface isn't user-friendly though.

The…
Product Categories
Firewalls
Download our free Firewalls Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Fortinet, Sophos, and more!