SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise is #13 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. IT Central Station users give SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise is most commonly compared to SQL Server:SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise vs SQL Server. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise?

With SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (SAP ASE), you can handle massive volumes of data and thousands of concurrent users to accelerate the growth of new data-driven business applications. Drive value with a faster, more efficient transactional system that is designed to meet the demands of the digital economy.

SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise is also known as SAP ASE.

Download the Relational Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Customers

City of Buenos Aires, ASR Group, Citrix, EarlySense, Usha International Limited, Automotive Resources International (ARI), Takisada-Osaka Co. Ltd., Coelba (Grupo Neoenergia), RZD Russian Railways, National Basketball Association - NBA, TALLY

SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Video

SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Reviews

ChrichtianNeal
IT Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A completely customized solution that's stable and offers excellent technical support

• "The actual interface is good."
  • "Because the solution is customized. we do occasionally face unique bugs. There are always some changes that need to be made here and there."

What is our primary use case?

SAP ERP offers an integrated financial management system for real-time interactions between two separate but dependent financial bureaus to track cash flow management.  The SAP system runs across four servers (Win Server 2008 R2) for development, testing and production purposes. All server are virtually hosted on vmWare EXSi server.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP ERP offers us a robust platform where financial stakeholders spend less time collating and sourcing out records and implementing payments. The seamless collaboration has improved access to timely and valuable resources and at the same time reduced redundancies and errors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that it's customized for our operations. It's a special package that we have; it's not like a regular one that's out-of-the-box. Every time we have to remodel some part of it, or every time there needs to be some modification made, we work with the team from Mississippi to improve the system. It's continuously being updated and streamlined.

The actual interface is good.

What needs improvement?

The product in use is already customized. For now, we have no need for major improvements or new features.

We've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't faced any issues.

The solution, in our case, doesn't have a need to scale up. It's optimized for a smaller scale. If we do need to scale up, I'm sure it's possible, however, we didn't design the solution for this purpose. Currently, we have 30-40 users on the solution and they use it daily.

We're in constant contact with technical support. They help us troubleshoot problems often and are quite good.

The initial setup was a bit complex. Deployment didn't take more than two months.

We had a consultant set up the Virgo servers and then we had two professionals from FTC set everything up. The setup was a collaboration between Google IT and very technical team members.

Every user needs a license, so for every new user will come with a cost. If we add users, we need to buy licenses for them. The solution is kind-of expensive. It's a very good ERP, however.

I don't know how to calculate the costs versus the benefits. If someone has the capital, I believe they should go for it, and they should go for the full innovation package where they can incorporate even areas like IT or HR planning and get everything included. For some, the cost should probably be something to consider before implementing the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're using a whole package of software from SAP.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. There's nothing the solution needs to improve, although no solution is perfect. There are just minor technical bugs that we need to contend with occasionally. We also need some things that were not part of the original design.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. The solution is very good. We do have a few problems here and there, but technical support is right there to assist whenever anything arises.

Philip Benjamin
Executive Director at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
Provides integration and ease of access to reporting; UI could be more user friendly

• "Provides very good integration."
  • "User interface could be more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

The database server is used for the operations of the entire company, both financials and operationals. I'm the executive director, and we are users of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The financials is the most valuable feature for us in operational terms because we deal with a lot of services and SAP has integrated everything for us, both financial reporting and operations.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a more friendly user interface. The solution is complicated and some of the field engineers, who are less exposed to the solution, are having problems which could be solved by simplification. The concern is that the data they provide might not be accurate and simplification would resolve that issue. I think the management feels that more can be done to get better value. The issue is not the performance of the product but the usability for people who are less skilled in using it.

Additional training would be helpful, but because of the nature of operations, those that support staff from the office find it easier because we spend more time using it than those in the field. Most of our engineers are on rigs, so it's a bit difficult getting them to come off the rigs for training, because that would require our operations to shut down.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This product is very stable.

Scalability is very good. We scaled up gradually from module to module and didn't have any problems.

We signed on for technical support from the initial consultant but when that didn't work, the second consultant finished implementation and provided support. We haven't had big issues that have required a lot of input so it's hard to rate.

We previously used Sage.

The consultant we used was not as competent as we had expected, so it was a bit of a drag and took some time. At some point we changed consultants and that helped. The migration period from Sage to SAP took a while but we got there - it wasn't a very smooth ride. For a while, management was concerned about the bumpy ride to implementation.

The licensing is expensive but it's worth it for our company.

We considered Oracle as an option, but it was a no go area because it was too complicated. For our purposes, there wasn't really any competition.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to make sure the product fits your requirements, otherwise it's a waste of money. We needed to solve workflow management issues, that was very, very critical. There might be cheaper applications out there that can solve other issues.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.