Ivan Avila
Administration and Finance Coordinator at Globaltech Ecuador
Good analytics, dashboard, stability, and support

• "I like analytics, dashboard, and KPIs a lot. It is very helpful when I need to check balances and financial statements."
  • "We would like a mobile version of this for sales exhibits, etc. We would also like more personalization features to personalize it for our organization."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all business processes such as finance, CRM, banking, treasury management, inventory, and purchases. We use all the modules in the suite.

What is most valuable?

I like analytics, dashboard, and KPIs a lot. It is very helpful when I need to check balances and financial statements.

What needs improvement?

We would like a mobile version of this for sales exhibits, etc. We would also like more personalization features to personalize it for our organization.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is very good in terms of stability.

At the moment, we are a small organization. We have about ten active users. We are a growing company. In the future, we will get to know whether we can easily scale it or not.

Their support has been good. It has been a long time since we had any problem.

We had a lot of solutions. Basically, it has accounting, so we decided to move to this solution to meet our business needs.

It was a bit complex. This kind of implementation was new to us. Basically, we had to renew the data center, which required a lot of configuration. We also had to change a lot of permissions. The deployment took around two months.

We used a consultant. They listened to all of our problems. There were some problems that they didn't know how to solve, but overall, they were good. We had two people for its deployment.

We have two people for the maintenance of the data center. We have one internal person and one external person.

We pay annually. It is around 800 a month.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend doing proper testing because it is not a simple solution. It has many options and features.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten. It is a good solution.

Lilian Garcia
Director of Strategic Projects at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to implement, and stable

• "All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable. It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules."
  • "There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for finance, warehouse, and sales.

What is most valuable?

All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable.

It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules.

What needs improvement?

There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One.

I have been using this solution for two years. We implemented it in 2019.

It is stable. When you're using a public cloud, it can be a little slow, which depends on your cloud provider. In the beginning, it was very slow. We then switched to Amazon, and since then, we haven't had any problems.

I haven't used their technical support. We have a developer for any help.

Its implementation is really easy. The hardest part is to change the process flow of the company.

What other advice do I have?

We evaluate every solution very closely before purchase. It gives us what we need, and we are using all the features that we need. We haven't had any problems.

It is very important to go for a contract that doesn't include paying your public cloud provider's company for development. It will give you the possibility to make your own changes without having to pay your public cloud vendor. You need to check the contracts to ensure that you can make changes without requesting the support of the public cloud vendor.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VenkataM
Deputy General Manager -IT at ROBO
Good financial management features and support but the integration needs improvement

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management."
  • "There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications."

What is our primary use case?

This is a complete production. We are manufacturers, especially in the manufacturing demand.

All of the production, finance, purchases, and different modules are being used in SAP Business One.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management.

What needs improvement?

The billing functionality and the integration of one department to other departments are areas that need improvement.

The price for AMC should be optional for those who do not use it.

There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications. For example, if I implement any third party, the integration will be a little bit complex.

The scalability of the data load and other aspects will also be complex.

If you login to SAP S4HANA, it takes you a maximum of 20 seconds and with SAP Business One it will take a least one minute.

Bandwidth needs improvement.

I would like to see production integration included in the next release.

The organization has been using this solution for ten years and I joined approximately two years ago.

This solution is stable. It's perfect. We have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product.

We have contacted technical support and we are satisfied with them.

The initial setup is moderate. I can't say that it is straightforward but it is not complex, and it is not easy.

It's at a moderate level.

In terms of price, it's fair, but the problem is with AMC. We are not using any AMC support but we are still paying it.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

KM
SAP Architecture Manager at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Good support, solid performance, and scales according to our needs

• "There are only a few standard reports available and if you want more then they either have to be downloaded or built."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and we use SAP Business One for most of our clients.

The basic modules that we use are for financials, inventory, account receivables, accounts payable, and human resources.

What is most valuable?

The vendor has a very good roadmap for the product.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more options in terms of the product module. It requires more details for production because it is very basic.

There are only a few standard reports available and if you want more then they either have to be downloaded or built. Having more standard reports available would be an improvement.

I have been using SAP Business One for between 10 and 15 years.

Over the past ten years, we have found SAP Business One to be a very solid product.

This is a scalable solution and we currently have between 80 and 90 users.

In cases where we face problems, we directly connect with our partners. There is a service portal and product support is very good.

We did not use another similar product before this one.

The initial setup is straightforward and it takes a couple of days to deploy.

Our in-house team is in charge of implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Two staff are required for deployment.

We are currently working towards implementing the cloud-based, AWS, or Azure model.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it. At the same time, I would like to see improvements made to the reporting. Having more reports and better reporting options would earn it a perfect rating.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

ND
    Senior Consultant at Fair Trade company
    Reseller
    Fully integrated with good visuals and dashboards; lacks an advanced HR model for payroll

• "It's fully integrated with great dashboard and interface."
    • "Lacks an advanced HR model with payroll."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the product is for creating sales orders, checking inventory, creating searches, things like that. We are resellers and implementers and I'm a senior consultant.

What is most valuable?

I like this solution because it's fully integrated which means everything is connected. When we raise a sales order, everything is there so we don't need to go back to the purchase or finance departments to get what we need. They've made lots of improvements on the visuals and the usability in this latest version. The dashboards, interface and security are all amazing.

What needs improvement?

This is a relatively expensive solution and the cost should be reduced, especially now that there are competitors coming into the market. I'd like to see some advanced HR model with payroll, because it's lacking in this area.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable up to 150 users which is fine for us because we're a relatively small company. Depending on the time of year, we have a maximum of 30 users.

We haven't had direct contact with technical support but some of our clients use them.  We tend to provide the support for clients in our region.

We're implementers, so the initial setup is easy for us.

We have a permanent license with an annual maintenance contract.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product but it's important to take your budget into account.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Asim Nilose
    COO at INDIBA
    Reliable and scalable, but add-ons could be integrated

What is our primary use case?

Our clients are mostly in the manufacturing and services industry. The companies in the manufacturing industry are in many areas, such as Consumer Packaged Goods, engineering, and project construction. We are using all the solutions core modules, sale, purchase, inventory, and manufacturing.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing HR payroll, quality control, and maintenance. These are the missing features which we have to use add-ons solutions to provide the functionality.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The scalability is good.

We have been satisfied with the technical support.

We have done the installation of this solution many times and it has become straightforwward.

We are on a perpetual license for SAP Business One and the price it should be less expensive when comparing it to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. However, there are other solutions with features that could be a better fit for your use cases.

I rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Prabhakara Sastry
    Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Great usability, best localization, reasonable price, and comes with all basic ERP functionalities

• "Its usability is the most valuable. It is very intuitive and user-friendly. In terms of functionality, it has all the basic functionalities for ERP, such as CRM, sales, and manufacturing. These are the functionalities that we typically use for all SMEs. In terms of localization, SAP Business One is the best. It has got localization across all countries, which is an advantage. No other solution has such localization."
    • "There are possibilities to extend its functionality. Things such as Quality Management System (QMS) and Payroll are currently not a part of the product. These things are needed."

What is most valuable?

Its usability is the most valuable. It is very intuitive and user-friendly. In terms of functionality, it has all the basic functionalities for ERP, such as CRM, sales, and manufacturing. These are the functionalities that we typically use for all SMEs.

In terms of localization, SAP Business One is the best. It has got localization across all countries, which is an advantage. No other solution has such localization.

What needs improvement?

There are possibilities to extend its functionality. Things such as Quality Management System (QMS) and Payroll are currently not a part of the product. These things are needed.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

It is stable.

Our clients are medium-sized companies.

SAP's technical support is good.

Its price is reasonable. People are able to spend that much.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise doing no customization. This is the best way. There is no point in doing customizations and making ERP unstable.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten.

MuhammadWaqar
    Head Of IT at Interwood Mobel Pvt Ltd
    Reasonable price, good Sales CRM and Financials, but not suitable for manufacturing and needs SCM and payroll process

• "Sales CRM and Financials are most valuable."
    • "It is limiting in terms of the in-between communication for manufacturing. We are suffering from a lot of issues in production. We are now considering S/4HANA, and we are also looking for some customized tools to integrate with SAP Business One."

What is most valuable?

Sales CRM and Financials are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It is limiting in terms of the in-between communication for manufacturing. We are suffering from a lot of issues in production. We are now considering S/4HANA, and we are also looking for some customized tools to integrate with SAP Business One.

It should have SCM and the payroll process for workers.

I have been using this solution since 2018.

SAP's technical support is average. They are not too good but also not too bad.

We were working with legacy Oracle Customize.

Its initial setup is easy. It is not too complex.

Its price is reasonable. We have about 200 licenses. We have to pay every year for the license.

What other advice do I have?

A big sales organization that is not into manufacturing can use SAP Business One.

I would rate SAP Business One a six out of 10.

Product Categories
    ERP
    Download our free SAP Business One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.