Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

SAP Cloud Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Cloud Platform is #4 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers and #8 ranked solution in PaaS Services. IT Central Station users give SAP Cloud Platform an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Cloud Platform is most commonly compared to Amazon AWS:SAP Cloud Platform vs Amazon AWS. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is SAP Cloud Platform?

SAP HANA Cloud Platform powers applications that deliver real-time insights to drive more effective and timely decision making. The product promises to accelerate analytics, business processes, sentiment data processing, and predictive capabilities.

SAP Cloud Platform was previously known as SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

SAP Cloud Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Cloud Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SAP Cloud Platform Customers

Siemens, Shell & Volkswagen, Still, EarlySense, Roche, National Football League, Heidelberg University Hospital, In Mind Computing, The Timken Company, OPAL, EnterpriseJungle, Groupe Danone, Accenture, T-Systems, Sailing Team Germany, Sloan Valve

SAP Cloud Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Cloud Platform pricing:
  • "SAP's pricing is usually high compared to the competition. But this is also justified because they hold their products and services to quite high standards."
  • "The pricing can be negotiated."
  • "The cost when it comes to monitoring can be difficult."

SAP Cloud Platform Reviews

SN
Senior Integration Engeneer at ATOS
MSP
Offers a good pathway to integrate with the cloud and has good support

• "SAP is an excellent company with an excellent reputation, excellent products, and dedicated customer support."
  • "They are still developing this product. It does not really have 100% of the necessary features available to properly service business clients"

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to provide the product for use to our clients.

What is most valuable?

We do not have enough experience with the wider range of this product to evaluate this at this time. There is too much we have yet to explore.

What needs improvement?

Because we have been mostly testing the product and still have limited production implementation experience with it over the past six months, we have not been so heavily involved with Cloud Platform Integration because we mostly continue to use other solutions for current business projects. For that reason, we may not have a complete view of the product as to what needs to be included or improved. However, I am aware that one area that needs to be improved still is business tools integration. Another is the area of product data inserts.

It is a young product and we have been exploring it for the past six months.

I feel that the technical support is really good. For example, I experienced one situation with the Cloud Platform Integration where the production system went down completely. It was a critical situation for the business and they were losing financial transactions. I registered a support ticket to SAP immediately when I knew of the problem, and SAP restored their system very quickly. They were done within one or two hours, they had fixed that critical issue, and they had the client up and running again.

Their reaction to the critical issue is typical of SAP support. When they know it is a critical situation, they are able to focus on the issues and get them resolved quickly. It was two years ago when I faced that situation and obviously it was for a client using a different SAP product. But I expect that SAP technical support is as good as it was two years ago or better. In the Cloud environment, where they are really focusing now, there should technically almost never be an issue of this sort. According to the market trend, we are all moving into the cloud environment and in order to do that most of the businesses are using cloud integration platforms.

Because SAP is really focusing on the Cloud, they are enhancing the product offerings, they have a good technical staff and technical capabilities. They will continue to work to support the products. In that way, I feel the support for their products will remain quite reliable.

We used and continue to use this and other products in this category. Before this Cloud Platform, there was another Cloud from Dell called Boomi. I worked with that product for a while — long enough to gain experience. Over the past two years, while waiting for the SAP product to be released, I worked mostly with HANA Cloud Integration which had a lot of the necessary features available already. Later I saw Cloud Platform Integration from SAP would become available. Because I have been working with SAP products for many years, I expected that this would be a better product for me and that I would really like it just because it is from SAP.

Because the Cloud Platform Integration product has enough of the necessary business features available, I hope now that it will be used more widely and that it will really start growing in the market in the very near future. If it will do more functionally and sell to more users, the company will have more interest to develop it further and focus on it.

I'm not sure about the exact pricing because I do not really deal with pricing information directly. But it is my understanding and my experience that SAP's pricing is usually high compared to the competition. But this is also justified because they hold their products and services to quite high standards. If clients want quality, the pricing is always costly.

It is not really a competing product, but I have been using S/4 by HANA AIF (Application Integration Framework) for eight months or nine months. Mostly, I am dealing with a certain product integration process registration on HANA Cloud. I will be using Cloud Platform Integration along S/4 by HANA on the AIF Cloud. Not the pure S/4HANA, but only get into the AIF, Application Integration Framework.

What other advice do I have?

The SAP Cloud Platform Integration is a really good pathway to integrate with the cloud. SAP started with the HANA Cloud Integration and then they changed that and now call it is Cloud Platform Integration. It is doing really well with its presence in the market.

But they are really still developing this product. It does not really have 100% of the necessary features available to properly service business clients. Even without that, the product seems to be competitive and is helping people a lot according to the market response.

SAP has improved their cloud offerings a lot in the last two years, but I am only using this infrequently because I'm still in the process of discovery and integration. I use HANA Cloud Integration. Now I'm just starting to look into the Cloud Platform Integration because I am focused on the same integration area.

SAP is quite a good company with good quality products. I am confident this product is really good for the customers' business in order to integrate their businesses in the Cloud environment. I recommend this product to anyone. This is a good Cloud platform and I already recommended it for many of my colleagues or customers who want to use integration in their businesses. SAP Cloud is a good product and the company has good business practices as well.

On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I can give the SAP Cloud Platform product eight-out-of-ten. It may really be a seven right now compared to other more mature products. I'm not very sure about this.

I am not rating it higher because we still need to gain more experience with the product before we know more exactly where it stands. When I am sure I know the features better, I might give it nine or even a ten.

But for a ten, they will have to make a lot of improvements. For example, a month ago we had a knowledge-sharing opportunity with SAP for my whole company about the Cloud Platform Integration. We got training from SAP about the platform and at the time we discussed possible improvements for the product. I think still they have a considerable number of things that need to be improved from the product side. But for sure they are going the extra mile to help educate users about the products and I am confident in SAP and I recommend SAP products.

Rupesh Rupak
Consultant at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Has inherent scalability that resides on the cloud but the product is a bit clumsy

• "Scalability is one of the benefits that we have in using the product."
  • "My impression of the stability is that it is not good. Almost every month there is something new and that makes us nervous about delivery."

What is our primary use case?

I am working for a consultancy company. We have this application that we are designing which needs services to get our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) data transferred to our data services on the cloud. When we collect some data from applications, we can see information like what kind of applications people are using so we are aware. Then we can inform the managers so that they know and can take action. That is one part we have working.

We also have some simple list-based applications so users can get lists of orders for today, or tasks for today, or tasks for a selected week. Also it is like a task list. We let users create some list of obligations where you can say something is confirmed done. Then that information gets posted back to the ERP for tracking.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is the scalability inherent in it because it resides on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

This product needs a lot of improvement and should be simplified. It is really clumsy. You need a lot of connections running just to get it working. Even though it is a private cloud, we need a lot of connection speed and resources. I would have preferred something on-premises which would have been very simple. But that is our use case: programming and hosting it on our web solution. And that is all.

I would personally like to see a lot of examples of how to do things with the solution. This is a scalar platform and they are providing some solutions. There are some applications available that you can activate from cloud connectors, et cetera. That is good. But I need to see examples of what some use cases are and I need to be able to build some applications. It is not just about how can I utilize this platform, but there should be step-by-steps. For example, in step one, I need all my connections in place. Well, I also need to know also what kind of connections. Second, I need to know what my data should be. Third, I want to know how I can use a simple auditor. These can be very simple examples for different features. It would be helpful.

If you go to some other platform tool sites, they are loaded with examples and templates, et cetera. I think that part of the presentation of this solution is missing here. It is as if they are saying that even from the start I had to know everything about how the product works before I ever used it. That is frustrating at times. Instead, it is always like a game of trial and error to see if something is working or not. That is time-consuming and very frustrating.

I have been using SAP Cloud Platform for over now one-and-a-half years now.

My impression of the stability is that it is not good. Almost every month there is something new and that makes us nervous about delivery. If our applications are running fine and something critical changes, we may need to make changes to fix our solution and then test it and deploy it. Maybe doing updates once a year would be fine. But I think the changes are too frequent and this makes it a very difficult platform to develop on.

The scalability of the product is fine. Scalability is one of the benefits that we have in using the product.

I do not know exactly how many people are using the solution in our organization, but we have a little over 20 users with some four to five admin roles. So there are about 30 users in total.

I would say that the technical support is okay. I was using it because we had some questions for our testing. Someone is always there in the office, so it is easy to contact them. Or we can create a ticket and it will go to our contact person. It is not certain that we get an immediate response which is common in any technology. Overall, the service is not bad.

I was a consultant working with encryption. My part in that consulting team was working with SAP and since the beginning, I was working with S/4HANA. Right from early 2016, I have been working on mobile applications. I was working on mobile earlier on, but it is not the same these days.

The initial setup is complex. I do not know exactly how long it took to deploy because it was done by a different team. It took at least a month. It is available, but actually getting the product to work as expected could take months. That is too long.

The rates are client-specific because they are negotiated. The actual rates may be classified, even for me.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to people considering this solution is that there are a lot of open platforms and tools available. SAP, in particular, is very expensive unless you have an enterprise organization that can afford to use it. Otherwise, it is really very expensive. Personally, I am trying out and testing open source tools like Ionic. Some of those tools are really fantastic, I think. Ionic, for example, has all the features. You have to have proper security in place, but I think that can be managed. But I would recommend that users try out these open source platforms and tools.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product for enterprises as about a six.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about SAP Cloud Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IE
Responsible for SAP at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good CPS and project management capabilities

• "It's suitable for various sizes of companies. I have used it with big companies and with small ones as well."
  • "The solution requires more flexibility overall."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for ERP purposes. We cover finance, research and development, program management, and HR.

What is most valuable?

At the moment the most valuable aspects of the solution are the project management and finance features.

The CPS is very good.

It's suitable for various sizes of companies. I have used it with big companies and with small ones as well.

The BI design is simple compared to other SAP products.

What needs improvement?

For our organization, the price is the main downside. They should work to reduce the cost. This specifically affects small companies who would like to use it.

The solution should work to simplify its offering to make it more consumable for users, especially new users.

The solution requires more flexibility overall.

I understand that in the future, they will be offering open source ERP, which will be quite useful.

I have been using SAP for 25 years now.

The stability is quite good. There are always bugs and issues to resolve, but in terms of impacting the business, I haven't noticed much.

We have about 300 people using the solution currently. Starting from where we did, at 100 users, all the way up to 300 users, we haven't scaled much. If a company scales up to 5,000 I don't know what will happen. We haven't tried to make that jump.

The BI design is used every day. The cloud platform is used for the special developments we have, so we use it often as well.

We've been in touch with technical support. They are pretty good. I'd rate them 3.5 out of five. They aren't perfect, and could be improved, but overall they are okay.

We have previously used different solutions. We've used Microsoft products where they create more capabilities more frequently, and we've used Google's platform. Google is similar to SAP in that it's more scalable and easy to consume. We've also used Oracle, which is very similar.

In comparison to other SAP offerings, the solution is quite simple. There is no technical installation so you just consume it readily. However, the business configuration can take up to a year depending on a company's complexity. In our case, it took seven months.

In terms of maintenance, the work is done by SAP, so it's a real low-maintenance solution for clients. For the responsibilities that the customer has to perform on their side, however, they might need one person.

There were many teams involved in the implementation, including program management services and SAP partners. We didn't completely handle the installation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're SAP customers.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd advise other companies to do an assessment with their internal employees or internal functional heads before jumping into any solution. It shouldn't be just one person doing the assessment. They should all do it together and select the product collectively.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other
MK
Divisional Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
A strong cloud platform that's scalable and offers good support

• "SAP has provided very good support."
  • "We need to connect our ERP solution via the VPN. We need to make sure our ERP solutions aren't exposed to the outside world. Our teams really struggle with this."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobility purposes.

What is most valuable?

The cloud is the most valuable aspect of the solution. It's the future of IT.

SAP has provided very good support.

The solution is very scalable.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for a year. We're a leading subscriber of it.

We haven't had any issues so far in relation to stability. However, we're still working to deploy the solution.

I'm not sure how scalable the solution is. We're not yet fully deployed, so we haven't yet devised a scaling strategy that our application hardware will work on.

We've been in contact with technical support. We find them very good. We use their ticketing mechanism which is quite effective. They provide good response times.

The initial setup is complex. Right now, SAP does offer the best kind of solution on the market.

There is some sort of SMS needed to authorize the code. However, the VPN connectivity isn't there because some of the solution is on the public cloud.

I'm not quite sure how long deployment takes. It depends on the environment and the requirements of the business. It's different from deployment to deployment. However, we're not fully deployed just yet.

What other advice do I have?

Our data center is on SAP's cloud platform. SAP is our cloud.

I'd recommend the solution. The future is in cloud platforms. Other companies should start using it if they aren't already.

The enterprise portal's end of life is 2024. However, the solution's extending into HANA Cloud Technology.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other
PC
Senior Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Good reporting and analysis, integrates well with other tools, and has good technical support

• "The most valuable feature is integration."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see improvements with the price and the licensing."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is basically for reporting and analysis. We publish our internal data for our clients and also for our management team.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is integration. The integration with multiple other tools and our data allows us to perform analytics and our reporting requirements.

What needs improvement?

One thing that can be improved is the way the license is set up. If it could be defined by specific types of users then it would be better. For example, if it could be divided into three different sections, one for management who don't require the analytic work, it could be more for viewing. Another could be for the design department, which would require more specific tools, and finally, developers for the architecture. Different types of licenses would be very good.

In the next release, I would like to see improvements with the price and the licensing. We are struggling with our vendors to find out who did the tool implementation.

I have been using this solution for eight months.

The solution is stable. We have experienced some issues but that was a problem with our internet, causing the server to go down, and it had nothing to do with the product.

We have no issues with the scalability of this solution.

We have 100 users.

I would rate my experience with technical support a four out of five.

The initial setup was not easy, nor would I say that it was difficult to execute.

What other advice do I have?

I have yet to explore all of the features.

I would suggest completing a POC before purchasing this solution, or any other solution. Then, going ahead with it once the requirements have been satisfied.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
AB
Project Manager at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Good data synchronization and easy to set up, but the interface and technical support need improvement

• "The most valuable feature is the data synchronization, or the push and pull of the data."
  • "Usability is a challenge most of the time and not being able to get all of the information."

What is our primary use case?

We provide services and implement solutions for our clients.

We integrate solutions and have experience with many different interfaces with possibilities to integrate. The primary use case of this solution is to integrate data.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The functionality of the interface can be difficult. Usability is a challenge most of the time and not being able to get all of the information.

Security, authentification, and logs need to be improved.

In the next release, I would like to see better navigation, better usability, clearness, and better integration with new technologies.

I have been working with this solution for five to six years.

The solution is stable, but it depends on the customer's needs and experience.

It can be difficult and we have the experience, but sometimes you start and realize that there may be some gaps making it difficult to handle.

We have contacted technical support, but usually, the response time is not optimal. They are average. When the integration is at the end processes and you need support quickly, you won't hear from them for a few days. This is not helpful.

Previously, we were using Microsoft iOS. When using 3D, Microsoft is an easier tool to use. iOS is a complex tool to understand. Also, Microsoft support is better.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It can take four to five days to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

The decision is with the customer and what they want. We have had bad experiences or negative ones in performance and with the functionality.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Sergio Zuastegui
Gerente regional de tecnología at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
A scalable solution with great performance

What is our primary use case?

I run all of my servers on SAP at the moment. We have our development, our quality, and also our production sites on it. We actually upgraded this solution in December 2020, so we're using the most current version. We're looking forward to incorporating SAP analytics within our company.

What is most valuable?

The ability to expand it whenever required has been great — it's very simple. The performance is good as well. We haven't experienced any issues yet.

I have been using SAP Cloud Platform for four years.

What is most valuable?

I have been using SAP Cloud Platform for four years.

The cost when it comes to monitoring can be difficult. We have to be very, very careful and aware of any changes so the price won't go up too much.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Private Cloud
YC
CMO at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable solution with good support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Cloud Platform for marketing and promotions campaigns, AI, and database integration.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more local integration.

I've been using SAP Cloud Platform for two years.

Cloud Platform's stability is great.

SAP technical support is excellent.

We have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Cloud Platform nine out of 10.

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more local integration.

I've been using SAP Cloud Platform for two years.

Cloud Platform's stability is great.

SAP technical support is excellent.

We have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Cloud Platform nine out of 10.

Download our free SAP Cloud Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.