SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Overview

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Infrastructure as a Service Clouds. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure: SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud vs Microsoft Azure

What is SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud?

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud is a fully scalable and secure private managed cloud solution. It empowers organizations to unlock the full value of SAP HANA in the cloud - accelerating growth and innovation, driving IT and business transformation, quickly delivering business outcomes, and reducing risk.

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Customers

FC Bayern Munich, Reuters News Agency, MEMEBOX

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud pricing:
  • "If you choose the minimum, it will probably cost around $1,000 USD per month if you take a contract for a year or two."

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Reviews

Abdul-Rasool
Senior Practice Manager - Head of SAP at a tech consulting company with 201-500 employees
Mar 17, 2020
A flexible platform with good support and minimal downtime

What is our primary use case?

SAP's Enterprise Cloud platform is basically used for deploying the SAP ERP systems on top of the cloud. Most of the customers we have want to move onto a cloud with pre-configured setups. Our specialization is the migration of entire SAP ERP on-premise solutions to the cloud.

• "The solution does provide quite a lot of support, upgrades, automated batch updates, etc."
  • "Our data centers are in Europe and come under GDPR regulations, and this doesn't apply to the Middle East yet. It causes a lot of confusion."

What other advice do I have?

If a customer is looking for the latest innovations or products from SAP this solution is perfect for them. It also offers seamless integrations with other players. There are companies that you can use to layer on top of it. You can take the AWS platform and then put SAP on top of that. Or you can take Google cloud, or Azure, etc. It's a bit expensive compared to lead other platforms because the support is directly from SAP. However, it's quite good support. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Abdul-Rasool
Mar 18, 2020
Flexible with minimum downtime and regular scheduled updates

What is our primary use case?

Similar to Google and AWS platforms, SAP has its own cloud and we use it for deploying ERP systems on top of the cloud. Most of our clients need to move to the cloud with preconfigured items. Our specialization is the migration of the entire SAP ERP on-premise solutions to the Cloud.

• "There's a minimum amount of downtime when using the solution. This platform is very effective."
  • "The customer has a lot of dependencies on SAP which means they don't have much flexibility to go and update the system when or if they need to. They will need to wait for the quarterly updates. It's possible to maybe raise a special request with SAP if it is absolutely necessary."

What other advice do I have?

We're providing services on this solution. If a company is looking for the latest innovations, products from SAP are what they will want. There are also seamless integrations. It is a really good product. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ramakrishna Potluri
Head of IT & Business Applications, Dangote Refinery at Dangote Industries Limited
Mar 19, 2020
They take care of the technical aspects of the data, installations, and patches

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the SAP infrastructure hosting. We use SAP and we host it in the HANA Enterprise Cloud infrastructure in the SAP data center. It is a service from SAP. They host their SAP service on a private cloud and provide quite technical solutions.

• "One of the features that I've found most useful is that It's very simple. They take care of the technical aspects of the data, installations, patches."
  • "They should probably offer more cloud services. Most of the cloud infrastructure providers we have make everything pretty transparent, you know what you're getting, you have all these metrics and measurements and everything in the dashboard. Here you have to go through the contracting negotiations and all those things."

What other advice do I have?

Security is also pretty good because if you look at most of the SAP systems you do have secure access to SAP with support. Even when you're not on the Cloud they still provide secure access to SAP. I would advise anyone considering this solution that they should get it. It is very technical, it is very good. One, it is very good and second, they don't need to have a data center to quickly get off the ground since it's everything under one solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate HANA Enterprise Cloud certainly an eight. To get it to a ten, they should probably offer more cloud…
RamakrishnanRamanathaiah
Vice President at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 23, 2020
SAP HANA Cloud is a multi-cloud database as a service (DBaaS) used to develop all the applications - Analytics, Predictive

What is our primary use case?

I have an analytics background and I perform work for my clients using this product. There are many use case for HANA cloud, One of them is a type of Data Mart, and my clients use it when they don't want to invest in a complete data warehousing solution. A data warehouse would be expensive, and using this product will offer them that type of functionality. For example, if there are customers and they only have a requirement for few reports, they don't have to invest in bigger data warehouse products like SAP BW. That would be a considerable and expensive investment. Instead, the SAP HANA Cloud… more »

• "The most valuable feature is virtual modeling, which is beneficial because you don't really save the data multiple times the way we did in the past."
  • "This product is not mature enough at this point in time."

What other advice do I have?

It is important to remember that this product is not a replacement for a data warehouse. We can use this as a Data mart/data lake. It does have additional features such as predictive analytics but again, it is not meant to replace the data warehouse. This is a product that I recommend for others. It is powerful, without a doubt. In time, I think that it will be mature enough to handle more situations. I would rate this solution a eight out of ten.
reviewer857784
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Dec 24, 2019
Converts databases to multi-dimensional models that can be integrated with Power BI, but the setup needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We have several uses for the databases. We are using SAP Hanna and building more or less on top of databases using SAP Hanna Studio.

• "What I like the most is that we can convert databases into a proper multi-dimensional model, and then we can project with the integration with Power BI."
  • "The stability needs to be improved to be able to handle large amounts of data."

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet explored all features and would have to check with the admin team for the additional requirements to further explore what additional features we may need for business cases. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.