SAP Hybris Commerce OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Hybris Commerce is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top eCommerce Platforms. It is most often compared to Oracle ATG: SAP Hybris Commerce vs Oracle ATG

What is SAP Hybris Commerce?
hybris provides a complete multichannel commerce software solution that integrates product content, commerce operations, and the extended channel to help businesses create a unified and seamless experience for their customers from online, to in-store, to mobile and beyond.

SAP Hybris Commerce is also known as SAP Hybris, Hybris.

SAP Hybris Commerce Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Hybris Commerce Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

SAP Hybris Commerce Customers
NHS 24
SAP Hybris Commerce Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Hybris Commerce pricing:
  • "SAP Hybris is expensive, which is why only the large clients use it. At the same time, I think that the return on investment warrants it."
  • "The price is too high."
  • "This is an expensive solution."

RY
Senior SAP Hybris Consultant at Freelance
Powerful and agile end-to-end solution

What is our primary use case?

• "I chose this out-of-box E-Commerce solution because it helps you start up your E-Commerce business in a very good amount of time since Hybris already provides you the end-to-end flow with minimum customization. You can quickly go live with the customer."
  • "They could include additional types of payment implementations. Right now they are just providing CyberSourse."

What other advice do I have?

I'm still a developer, so I know that if you have to customize the solution, you will have to go digging down in their code, and to define which business class to customize for. It will work for you. Because they have a very complex code or a very abstract code. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate SAP Hybris Commerce a nine.
BJ
SAP Hybris Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Feature-rich, secure, quick to develop projects, and the community support is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I work for a consulting company and SAP Hybris Commerce is one of the products that I have experience with, in this capacity. Our current use case involves an SAP commerce product called Spartacus, which is based on the cloud version. SAP handles the backend, which is deployed on the cloud, whereas the front-end is based on Angular technology. The clients I'm working with now are interested in migrating to Angular, so my current use case is migrating all of the front-end interfaces accordingly.

• "If you have a client and they want to have an e-commerce project that is based on solid principles, you don't need too much time to develop it."
  • "They have just started to work with the cloud, but they only support Microsoft Azure."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product depends on the company size and the project size. If it's not a very big project, I advise using other solutions, other frameworks, or develop the project from scratch with native Java and Spring. On the other hand, if it's a big project then I will highly recommend using SAP Hybris. The biggest lesson that I learned from using this product is to test, test, and test again. Never put something into production, live, until you are 100% sure. So, if you want to develop something then test it, retest it, and retest it again. You…
Learn what your peers think about SAP Hybris Commerce. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rachid Amghari
Expert Technique & Solution Designer at Freelancer
The checkout, the payment, and delivery options are all dedicated to B2C and B2B clients

What is our primary use case?

I am a freelance SAP Hybris Commerce technical expert. I have worked with many clients on Upwork and outside Upwork. I also have an agency that contains many developers for Hybris, iOS, Android, and many other technologies. Hybris is used for e-commerce needs. Hybris offers e-commerce features like checkout, payment options, and others for different phases of e-commerce. We don't try to convince our clients to use Hybris. Our clients have already made the decision to use Hybris, then they come to us.

• "Hybris offers a platform designed for speed."
  • "Hybris is not currently using microservices."

What other advice do I have?

For someone who needs or wants to use Hybris — try to use the native features. Hybris consists of many great features by default. There is no need to try and customize them. For example, if a client asks me to customize the checkout, then I need to check if Hybris allows this type of customization or not. If it already has this feature, then don't try to customize it and use your own implementation. If you do use your own implementation, when Hybris improves that native feature, you will need to be aligned with Hybris. In short, my advice is to try and use the Hybris features and coding…
BJ
SAP Hybris Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Includes all of the e-commerce features that a client could possibly need

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases. I work with multiple clients, and each client has multiple use cases. My clients are mostly B2B and B2C clients and they are all involved in different areas of business. For example, I work with luxury clients, clients in construction, and clients in the medical field, too. They are all different in terms of project size. Some of my clients have just discovered SAP Hybris and want to integrate it; they just want to test it out and see if it works for them.

• "SAP Hybris provides us with all of the e-commerce features that a client could need."
  • "The stack needs to be improved; they need to start using more new technologies."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.
FB
Head of Business Consulting at a program development consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good dashboards and user-friendly, but the upgrades and transition to the cloud are not smooth

• "Its dashboards, business features, and user-friendliness of a lot of business interfaces are valuable. We work on B2B projects, and it is the most efficient software solution for B2B. The B2B accelerator is very much appreciated by our customers because it has some use cases that are ready for production. For some projects, we proposed the SAP Hybris solution because it was sufficient for use cases related to product management and data quality. With other e-commerce platforms, we would have needed integration with another product information management software."
  • "Like every other SAP solution, it is very heavy. Also, the transition to the cloud is not very smooth because it is not really a SaaS solution. The upgrades are also not as smooth as you would expect from a complete cloud solution. It should have a product recommendation feature as well as a promotional feature. It should also have more personalizations."

What other advice do I have?

As a B2C solution, I would rate SAP Hybris Commerce a seven out of ten. As a B2B solution, I would rate it an eight out of ten.