SAP Hybris Commerce OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Hybris Commerce is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top eCommerce Platforms. It is most often compared to Oracle ATG: SAP Hybris Commerce vs Oracle ATG

What is SAP Hybris Commerce?
hybris provides a complete multichannel commerce software solution that integrates product content, commerce operations, and the extended channel to help businesses create a unified and seamless experience for their customers from online, to in-store, to mobile and beyond.

SAP Hybris Commerce is also known as SAP Hybris, Hybris.

SAP Hybris Commerce Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Hybris Commerce Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

SAP Hybris Commerce Customers
NHS 24
SAP Hybris Commerce Video

Archived SAP Hybris Commerce Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user877785
Sales Director
User
Some of the most valuable features are its personalized offering, promotion engine, and customer support module

What is our primary use case?

For our sales team to have a better understanding of our customer's interests, I wanted to provide the sales team information about those interests and be able to personalize the offering.

How has it helped my organization?

It is still under study, but we think that this tool will achieve its objective according our experience during the PoC.

What is most valuable?

Personalized offering Promotion engine Catalog and product management Customer support module Logistic and payment gateway integrations

What needs improvement?

The product should be accessible to all types of customer, not just the big ones.  A public cloud solution of this software would open great possibilities.

Trial/evaluations only.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Personalized offering
  • Promotion engine
  • Catalog and product management
  • Customer support module
  • Logistic and payment gateway integrations

What needs improvement?

A public cloud solution of this software would open great possibilities.

Trial/evaluations only.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partnership.
it_user334851
Lead/Sr Ecommerce Developer at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes, however, I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

What is most valuable?

Integration Multi-channel Reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes

How has it helped my organization?

All products reside in SAP and all other systems access and update their products and prices in one place. It reduces redundancy

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it's slow in accessing products. Also IMPEX upload was complex. I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

I've used it for two years.

How are

What is most valuable?

• Integration
  • Multi-channel
  • Reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes

What needs improvement?

I've used it for two years.

It's great.

It's great.

We had a custom built solution previously.

It was not complex in terms of set-up. Only the design of products and their relation is complex. Also, the multi-country product set-up was kind of complex.

We used a vendor.

Learn what your peers think about SAP Hybris Commerce. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
e-Commerce Solution Architect at TATA Consultancy Services
​Redundancy is minimized & the creation and re-use of content is easier. Multithreaded processes minimize bottlenecks.

What is most valuable?

Knowledge Management (PIM, PCM, WCMS, etc)

How has it helped my organization?

Through the ability to consolidate disparate knowledge repositories either through synchronous\asynchronous, API batch, synchronization or other custom methods, I can disseminate as much or as little data through the widest variety of channels. Redundancy is minimized. The creation and re-use of content is easier. Multithreaded workflow processes minimize bottlenecks.

What needs improvement?

Tighter integration with SAP (more OOTB tools for integration).

Roughly 3 years.

There isn't a deployment that doesn't have issues, regardless of platform. It is the job of the Solutions Architect and Project Manager to mitigate risk beforehand and deal with contingencies as they arise.

Excellent.

Equally excellent.

Greater ease of use. More intuitive interfaces. Lots of reasons.

The initial setup is straightforward, barring any 3rd party integrations that must be part of Phase 1.

My own team.

Varies from client to client depending upon their specific strategic business objectives.

Typical implementation in B2C is around 1.3 million. B2B is less due to less bells and whistles.

I'd had experiences withall other competitors like OCP, Magento, ATG and Demandware.

What other advice do I have?

Get a strong team lead by an SA and PM who know what to look for. Be prepared to form a governance committee and be involved in decision-making to ensure success.

SG
Principal Consultant at Digital Web Advisors Pvt Ltd
Strong competition to IBM and Oracle (ATG) in the enterprise eCommerce software space
Recognized for its multi-channel ecommerce offering and a flexible architecture, Hybris poses a strong competition to IBM and Oracle (ATG) in the enterprise eCommerce software space. Hybris Multi-Channel Suite offers to build a consistent customer experience across multiple channels like online web storefront, mobile storefront, print, brick & mortar stores, customer services call center and social media. Hybris Multi-Channel Suite is a J2EE based multi-tiered eCommerce framework that can deliver most use cases in B2C as well as B2B scenarios. Interestingly, similar to Elastic path, Hybris leverages several Open Source project for it’s eCommerce Suite like Spring Framework, Ehcache, Apache Solr, Hibernate Validator, Apache Commons, Google Guava and Jasper Reports. Hybris adopts a loosely…

Hybris Multi-Channel Suite is a J2EE based multi-tiered eCommerce framework that can deliver most use cases in B2C as well as B2B scenarios. Interestingly, similar to Elastic path, Hybris leverages several Open Source project for it’s eCommerce Suite like Spring Framework, Ehcache, Apache Solr, Hibernate Validator, Apache Commons, Google Guava and Jasper Reports. Hybris adopts a loosely coupled product architecture, that’s based on extensions and modules, making it relatively easy to integrate new features and functionality into your deployment.

Hybris is a good mix of product and framework – when deployed, it offers a functional  B2C storefront out-of-box so you don’t have to develop your storefronts from scratch; it also offers rich API that allows you to customize as well as develop storefronts from scratch. Hybris also offers templates, accelerators and applications that add rich set of features to your deployments – although charged separately, these can reduce your development efforts and time to market. These components include B2B application, web content management capabilities, product information and content management capabilities, B2b, B2C and multichannel accelerators. Hybris offers a developer friendly Eclipse based development framework and web based interface for administrators and business users.

Predominantly a European player, Hybris had it’s initial share of success in the region. Hybris make inroads into the North American geo thought it’s partnerships and partners network  but with limited success. This is expected to change with Hybris acquisition of iCongo in August 2011. iCongo is a Montreal (Canada) based eCommerce vendor and offers Hybris a strong customer base in North America along with an easy access to the market. A strategic move that’ll help Hybris shed it’s European vendor image as well as offers a near shore customer support presence – limitations that has been hindering it’s growth in the region. iCongo also brings Cloud hosting experience, and a strong Order Management and Warehouse Management capabilities to the Hybris product offering.

If you are a non European customer looking to make a decision on the product, do keep in mind that it may not be easy to find experienced Hybris architects and developers; most Hybris partners are also Europe based service providers. That said, I’ve spoken to  several service integrators in the recent past (including a few global players) who have started building expertise on Hybris as the number of customers asking for Hybris expertise is on the rise.