SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal is the #16 ranked solution in our list of top Application Infrastructure tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft .NET Framework: SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal vs Microsoft .NET Framework

What is SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal?
SAP Enterprise Portal allows to create attractive corporate portals that leverage the responsive SAP Fiori launchpad experience. The portal is the Web front-end component for SAP NetWeaver, the comprehensive integration and application platform that facilitates the alignment of people, information, and business processes across organizational and technical boundaries. It's ideal for organizations who require access to many applications and services across system landscapes, especially across JAVA and ABAP-based landscapes. The portal offers a single point of access to SAP and non-SAP information sources, enterprise applications, information repositories, databases and services, in and outside your organization. The portal can be accessed from desktops and from mobile devices, it can provide with the tools to manage and analyze its information resources, and to share and collaborate. With its role-based content, and personalization features, the portal enables users - from employees and customers to partners and suppliers - to focus exclusively on data relevant to daily decision-making processes. The technology and architecture of the portal ensures it is built for the enterprise, providing a secure and scalable environment.

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal is also known as NetWeaver Enterprise Portal, SAP Portal.

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal Customers
Alliander N.V.
SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal pricing:
  • "Because India is so competitive in the IT world, people will start to move away from SAP's pricing because they have a market monopoly. Soon, they will start losing the monopoly part to open source and other things. I don't think their monopoly will run for more than three to four years because people are getting away from these monopolies."
  • "The cost of this solution is high."

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal Reviews

Anand_Kumar
Enterprise Architect - Analytics at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The UI makes the setup easy to do from anywhere

• "They integrated it with the SAP router."
  • "Our customers expect that a page will open within one second, and I doubt this will happen. Also, opening documentation takes time. Fixing this will help the customer and help to meet their expectations."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP NetWeaver as middleware for connectivity. The way it is being used is systematical.

We are proposing this solution to one of the biggest financial regulators in India.

What is most valuable?

They integrated it with the SAP router.

While the UI already comes in a SaaS environment, the models are integrated and aligned.

What needs improvement?

SAP needs to come up with a standardized version of NetWeaver. The solution is good on the internal side, but not so much from the client perspective when they view it.

I still need to do a benchmarking task for scalability.

The technical support is good. I haven't seen any issues.

SAP setups are not easy. However, if you are smart and know the product well, the setup can be easy. It all depends on the capability of the implementer.

The UI does make it user-friendly and easy to use from anywhere for the setup.

We are a CSP providing the infrastructure.

Because India is so competitive in the IT world, people will start to move away from SAP's pricing because they have a market monopoly. Soon, they will start losing the monopoly part to open source and other things. I don't think their monopoly will run for more than three to four years because people are getting away from these monopolies.

I would recommend using another solution, like open source, as they are restricting the validity connector to the SAP tables and other things.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. I would rate it an eight (out of 10).

MB
CTO / Executive Director for Information Technology at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Improves business processes, highly stable, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are in Serbia and we are providing data center services for other countries, such as Montenegro, Bosnia, and Hercegovina. We are using this solution as an ERP at the moment. This covers all of our business processes, this includes sales, distribution, data management, finance, and compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

From the use of this solution, we have been able to establish better processes and have greater management of our company.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved by making it more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for approximately seven years.

The solution is very stable and reliable.

What

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved by making it more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for approximately seven years.

The solution is very stable and reliable.

I have found the scalability to be limited.

The installation is complex because you need to establish your business processes.

The cost of this solution is high.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is for them to take care of the cost and implementation.

I rate SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud