SAP S4HANA on AWS Overview

SAP S4HANA on AWS is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Infrastructure as a Service Clouds. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure: SAP S4HANA on AWS vs Microsoft Azure

What is SAP S4HANA on AWS?

SAP customers of all sizes can fully realize all the benefits of the SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition on the AWS Cloud. With SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition on the AWS Cloud you can:

• Achieve faster time to value with the AWS on-demand infrastructure
  • Rapidly provision infrastructure for SAP S/4HANA with no upfront cost or long-term commitment
  • Pay for only what you need Don't spend upfront costs purchasing hardware for what you can't forecast
  • Test and evaluate SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition with a free trial offering from SAP on AWS

SAP S4HANA on AWS is also known as SAP S/4HANA on AWS.

SAP S4HANA on AWS Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP S4HANA on AWS Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

SAP S4HANA on AWS Customers

Brigade Group, DoHome, Royal FloraHolland

SAP S4HANA on AWS Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP S4HANA on AWS pricing:
  • "The licensing of the product is reasonable but the cost of the hardware is exorbitant."
  • "Licensing fees are on an annual basis."

Director at Tru group
Maturity may be a problem for this solution and the user base even though it is based on older, solid products

What is our primary use case?

The main interest of my customers is in service formulations and telephone centers right now. I think most of the things are very common. The application of customer assistance is a major thing as is registration automation. Apart from that, there are a lot of restrictions based on destinations. A lot of customers have to be removed from the cloud because of the basic restrictions and standards. This is because if you are going on to SAP S/4HANA on the cloud, you are not allowed to serve all the destinations because of restrictions. Being customers who have been using the product for some… more »

• "This product is much better than most of the other products in this categaory as far as financial capabilities."
  • "The GUI is age-old, the pricing is too high for hardware and older customizations are not working consistently."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to someone who is looking into implementing this product is to wait for a year basically so the product will mature and stabilize. The company and the users will learn what the issues are that have been discovered by other people and then maybe it is OK to take on S/4HANA as a project. The project itself is going to take eight to nine months to get completely on HANA. If this part of your business is the backbone of your industry, you can not afford to make this kind of risk. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product…
SD
Senior Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helps to simplify your workload with automation

What is our primary use case?

There could be many use cases for this product. The use cases will be different depending on the industry where it is employed. It could range from the manufacturing industry to the retail industry. The actual use case could be anything. The solution is deployed with two possible methods. One is the on-premises deployment (with AWS) and the second one is the cloud deployment. You follow the software development life cycle for deploying the solution. First, you do the project preparation followed by the solution design. This is followed by the actual realization of the design plan. In the final… more »

• "This product is currently the leading product within this category."
  • "The product could use more capabilities in the areas of robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, but these improvements are already on the way."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people who want to use S/4HANA on AWS is that a specific study needs to be involved in the implementation process. It is what we call a discovery session. The idea is to discover all the independent needs for the use of the product. This includes things like the size of the organization, the size of the industry, the number of users expected, the revenue, et cetera. It should also include projections into the future aspects of organic and inorganic growth. The budget may be the main issue for many organizations. The deployment plan should be created based on…
Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA on AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SK
Director at Peritus
The interface and the new user experience are really helpful for the end-user

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an end-to-end integration. Most companies are already using financial software, but they want to have software which can offer complete integration. In our case, it's finance, material management, sales distribution, and HR.

• "There are two main features that we find very valuable. One is the interface and the new user experience. That's really, really helpful for the end-user. The second is the HANA database itself because it speeds up the process. In other solutions, like Oracle, there is a lot of redundancy that slows things down."
  • "The solution needs a warehouse management feature. Right now, there's a built-in WM, but they don't have an EWM extended warehouse management built-in, in S/4HANA. It's a separate product. So if they can add that, that would be great."

What other advice do I have?

We use both the on-premises and private cloud deployment models. I'd rate the solution 7.5 out of ten.
HI
SAP Support Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A well-integrated solution that is suitable for many different industries

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers. We work with all of the SAP solutions. This solution is suitable for many businesses and industries. For example, I have seen a complete solution for the construction industry. This is a cloud solution.

• "This solution has one of the most modern databases and it is very stable."
  • "This solution is very resource-intensive, including high memory and CPU utilization."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is fantastic, and I fully recommend it as I recommend all SAP solutions. All of their products are good for SMEs or for large enterprises. From the functional side, there is very little room for improvement in this solution. There are always enhancements that can be made, of course. It is not easy to find people with knowledge of the HANA database. People skilled in HANA are rare and expensive, unlike Oracle, where you can find thousands of CVs for database administrators. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
RN
Director IT Infrastructure at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
In-memory is very fast and the interface is a highlight

What is our primary use case?

The use cases for this solution will depend on our customer's industry. It can be manufacturing, retail, HR, etc..

• "The Fiori interface is the most valuable feature. It's one of the highlights that they offer. The in-memory of S4 is very fast."
  • "Not just S4 but for SAP in general, the price is a little high because they have implemented a new licensing scheme on a number of connections. The price being too expensive is some of the feedback we get from our customers."

What other advice do I have?

Planning is very important before undergoing an S4 implementation and upgrade. The functional components need to be planned and tested thoroughly. Otherwise, the lines will not be met. Try to do a Greenfield implementation because it will be much simpler. I would rate it an eight out of ten.
Lead for AIX at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Enables us to virtualize our AX environment and has a user-friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

We implement it for our clients. Our primary use case is to virtualize our AX environment.

What is most valuable?

I like that they are very familiar with our VM which makes it easy to use. Its best features are its interface. It has a user-friendly interface.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to have more integration with virtualization platforms.

I have been using SAP S/4HANA for the last ten years.

It's one of the most stable virtualization softwares I have used.

Scalability lacks on clustering capabilities.  Our clients are mostly enterprise size.

How are customer service

KT
SAP Software Developer - ServiceNow Admin & Developer at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
CDS and HANA database are invaluable features

What is our primary use case?

I'm an SAP software developer. We use the product for many different functions; financial production, material management, distribution functions. Everything.

• "The HANA database is a valuable feature"
  • "Doesn't have a common development environment."

What other advice do I have?

I think there are some processes that could be improved but it's a great solution. I would rate this product an eight out of 10.