CP
Associate director at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Modern user interface, simplified operations, but complex installation

• "I have found the user interface very modern and it has simplified many user jobs, such as the embedded logistics. They have introduced central finance which has been a benefit."
  • "This solution works with the configuration, if the prerequisites are very clear and can be configured it works perfectly. If you need to simulate something, as a predictive tool this kind of simulation is not very accurate and it has limitations. This is something that could improve."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for many things in an organization, such as managing sales, operations, supply chain logistics, master data, and product management.

What is most valuable?

I have found the user interface very modern and it has simplified many user jobs, such as the embedded logistics. They have introduced central finance which has been a benefit.

What needs improvement?

This solution works with the configuration, if the prerequisites are very clear and can be configured it works perfectly. If you need to simulate something, as a predictive tool this kind of simulation is not very accurate and it has limitations. This is something that could improve.

In an upcoming release, the allocation process should be revised and improved.

I have been using this solution for approximately eight years.

The solution is very stable in this new version we have been using.

The solution is easy to scale. I have found this solution is the best fit for medium to large size businesses.

The technical support has been very valuable. They are experts and provide a great service.

The installation is a complex process compared to other solutions. The setup can be even more complex by adding areas of the organization you want to the solution, such as LAN networks, licenses, and infrastructure.

The client decides who does the implementations. Some do it themselves and others use a vendor.

I have found the price of the solution is on the medium to the expensive side of the scale. There is a license for this solution and there are additional maintenance fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to those looking for a similar solution.

I rate SAP S4HANA a seven out of ten.

PP
Lead Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Feature-rich and offers different deployment options, but the customization should be improved

• "The key modules that I find most valuable are material management (MM), financial accounting and controlling (FICO), and human resources (HR)."
  • "The two things that need to be improved are price and customization."

What is our primary use case?

We are a pre-sales team and I have been working as a consultant for SAP S4HANA.

Most often, we deal with manufacturing CPG customers. We prefer the complete SAP S4HANA Suite, with all of the functionalities, and the use cases are typically everything that is offered from the processes in that suite.

What is most valuable?

The key modules that I find most valuable are material management (MM), financial accounting and controlling (FICO), and human resources (HR). I am not exposed to all of the core features, but these are the ones that we generally prefer and propose.

What needs improvement?

The two things that need to be improved are price and customization. These are two dynamic changes that every customer will want.

I have been working with SAP S4HANA for the past year and a half.

Our customers for this solution are mixed in size. We have small-scale, medium-scale, and large-scale customers. The number of users also varies. It can be hundreds or multiple thousands.

I do not have experience with SAP technical support.

We have enough competency in our company that the initial setup is straightforward and we don't face many issues. There may be some complexity but it depends on the configuration.

The deployment model is a mixture of offerings and this choice is based on customer requirements. Sometimes it is a cloud deployment, whereas others are on-premises, and yet in some cases, it is a hybrid model.

We have an in-house team for deployment.

The price of this product is an issue for some customers.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend this product for all SAP customers who want to digitize and have a core business suite of applications.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MH
Vice President, Corporate IT at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Necessitated us tailoring our processes which has increased efficiency

• "Responsive, comprehensive and optimized solution."
  • "Lacking in some customizations."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the food business so the solution helps with our business processes as well as the financial aspect - sales, purchasing, manufacturing - all the core business processes across all these modules. I'm the vice president corporate IT and we are customers of SAP.

How has it helped my organization?

I think primarily it helped us work out our out-of-the-box best practices which was a huge benefit. It meant that we tailored our processes in line with those of the standard out- of-the-box solution. And I think overall it has given us much more visibility on our processes, on the data that is produced as a reservable process.

What is most valuable?

I think technically it's a very responsive, comprehensive and optimized solution. It's very fast and the S4 version is much more user friendly on the UI side than the previous versions and it basically provides a better experience. Everything is there and it's up to the user to put it to use.

What needs improvement?

Every business has some unique requirements which can mean customizations are required. What I'd really like to see is the development of an industry specific solution for the food industry, in particular the supply and demand side that's very critical to us, given that there are issues with products that have a shorter shelf life.

I've been using this solution for two years.

What other advice do I have?

My key advice would be to get down your processes first before putting any new system in place. It's important to re-engineer the processes and streamline them before implementing IT solutions, whether it's SAP or any other thing. It's the process side that needs to be dealt with first.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

AT
Technical Lead / Solution Architecture / Software Development - SAP at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy-to-use, but could benefit from some theory-based adjustments

• "The processes have been reduced from almost 10 steps to four or five steps. It's really been simplified."
  • "The theory-side of the solution needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our manufacturing processes, sales, finance, pretty much everything.

What is most valuable?

They recently restructured the database and changed the table structures, which has made it much easier to manage the processes. The processes have been reduced from almost 10 steps to four or five steps. It's really been simplified.

What needs improvement?

The theory-side of the solution needs to be improved. They need to come up with a simple way to explain to their customers how to properly use it and perform analysis and move on from there.

In the next release, I would like to see more integration scenarios with the cloud, straight out of the box.

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

The stability is good. We noticed some areas, such as health and safety that were not very stable, but the other areas are quite stable and work fine.

The technical support helped us on almost every front.

It depends on what kind of agreement you have with SAP. We have a maximum attention agreement, so it's all good. For a maximum attention agreement, there are some extra charges, but I'm not aware of how much.

The simplicity of the initial setup varies from customer to customer. For us, it was quite complicated because we needed a lot of customization, but in the end, it was ok.

We had a detailed implementation plan that we followed step by step.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

Daniel Paiva
IT Coordinator at Cooperativa Central Dos Produtores Rurais De Minas Gerais Ltda.
A next-generation in-memory database solution with a useful feature called Fiori

• "I like the user experience and usability of SAP Fiori, which is one of the main features that we are using."
  • "The initial setup could be better. They can make the process a little easier. The functions that we require will be available in the next release. We specifically need a new model, and I think we have some versions to implement. I already read on the SAP website that some functionalities we are waiting for are available in this new version."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP S4HANA for our main backup processes. Most of the backups processes if for sales, supply, accounting, and financial.

What is most valuable?

I like the user experience and usability of SAP Fiori, which is one of the main features that we are using.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be better. They can make the process a little easier. The functions that we require will be available in the next release. We specifically need a new model, and I think we have some versions to implement. I already read on the SAP website that some functionalities we are waiting for are available in this new version.

We have been using SAP S4HANA for just six months. We just converted the ECC to S/4.

SAP S4HANA is a stable solution.

SAP S4HANA is scalable, and we're running this solution at some banks we have here. It's easy to scale, but it takes a couple of months to do it.

Technical support is good. it's very nice because we have both local support and international support on their website. I think it's good.

The initial setup isn't easy because it takes six months to deploy the project. I think we also discussed it for almost a year before implementing it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to plan extensively before they start. It's very important.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP S4HANA a nine.

CA
SAP Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Useful Fiori applications, excellent technical support, and highly scalable

• "I have found the most valuable feature to be the SAP Fiori application."
  • "There should be a place where I can get the best available applications in one place. Currently, Fiori applications are available in different tiles on the dashboards. If anyone wants to check the financial, sales, and inventory reporting in one place, it is not possible in Fiori. We would have to develop a custom Fiori application. If that feature can be incorporated into the standard Fiori, it will be helpful for us."

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the SAP Fiori application.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately six years.

SAP S4HANA is stable.

The solution is highly scalable.

SAP S4HANA is best suited for medium and large organizations. There is another solution called SAP Business One that is more suited for smaller organizations.

I have received excellent support from SAP.

The installation of SAP S4HANA is easy. The time it takes for the implementation depends on the modules you are wanting to use. It can take anywhere from a couple of months to two years.

The price of the solution is on the higher side compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP S4HANA a nine out of ten.

AW
Senior IT Manager with 501-1,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution which boasts easy use and infrastructure management

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to comprehensively manage our business.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes its use and the management of our infrastructure easy.

What needs improvement?

While the solution contemplates a competitively priced model, its pricing could be cheaper.

We have been using SAP S4HANA for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We rely both on our own technical team for the managing of the solution's technical infrastructure and on the subscription-based SAP support.  When it comes to…

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to comprehensively manage our business.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes its use and the management of our infrastructure easy.

What needs improvement?

We have been using SAP S4HANA for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

When it comes to functionality, we rely on offshore support.

From a technical management perspective, the initial set up is fine. We have been using the solution for a long time now, based on management's decision to do so.

Though we are talking about a competitively priced model, the pricing could be more cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

I give SAP S4HANA the best rating available, a ten out of ten.

SV
Lead Consultant at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
High performance, stable, and helpful customer support

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our organization with planning and consolidating our data.

What is most valuable?

SAP S4HANA has good performance and has allowed us to combine our systems.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more user-friendly for regular users and developers.

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have been happy with the technical support from SAP.

The installation and migration can take a lot of time but it is…

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

SAP S4HANA has good performance and has allowed us to combine our systems.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more user-friendly for regular users and developers.

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have been happy with the technical support from SAP.

The installation and migration can take a lot of time but it is expected.

We had assistance with the migration from SAP. They were very helpful.

The price of the solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to use the latest version of the solution to receive all the benefits.

I rate SAP S4HANA an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Product Categories
ERP
Download our free SAP S4HANA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.